Start by marking “Silk, Volume 0: The Life and Times of Cindy Moon” as Want to Read:
Silk, Volume 0: The Life and Times of Cindy Moon

Silk, Volume 0: The Life and Times of Cindy Moon

(Silk (Collected Editions) 0)

Cindy Moon exploded out of her bunker and into the Marvel Universe when we first learned that she had been bitten by the same radioactive spider from the Spider-Verse arc of Amazing Spider-Man!
She then went on to save Peter Parker's life (more than once!) and traverse the Spider-Verse alongside Spider-Woman. Now, as Silk, Cindy is on her own in New York City, searching for
Paperback, Trade, 160 pages
Published December 8th 2015 by Marvel (first published October 20th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Silk, Volume 0, please sign up.
Annabel This volume hasn't been released yet(it will in October), but it will feature the first 7 issues, right now only 1-5 are out.

Start your review of Silk, Volume 0: The Life and Times of Cindy Moon
David Schaafsma
So I am teaching a course on YA Graphic novels with a focus on women/girls this summer, and so this is just one more I have heard was popular, so will read it for the class. But there is a lot to take in. Ms. Marvel by Wilson, Hulk by Tamaki, Aaron’s Thor,: Goddess of Thunder, Nimona, Squirrelgirl, Faith Hicks’s Nameless City, Lumberjanes. So much. So much so good, and a cultural phenomenon worth looking into, eh? And too much? There’s some suggestion by the Marvel boys that all the females and ...more
Sesana
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: superhumans, comics
I wasn't entirely looking forward to this book. I'd only seen Silk in a few issues of Amazing Spider-Man and in some of the Spider-Verse stuff, and I wasn't thrilled with her character in any of those. She struck me as immature (yes, it makes sense that she would be, but that doesn't mean I need to like her) and that pheromone thing with Peter was incredibly annoying to read. Luckily, that seems to be done and over with at this point. At any rate, I was surprised at just how much I liked her in ...more
Chad
Mar 11, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm not sure why Marvel didn't wait until after Secret Wars to start this series. Just as you get the first trickling of what happened to her family, the series is derailed by Secret Wars. I enjoyed the story even if there wasn't a whole lot of substance behind it. I also liked Cindy Moon's relationship with J. Jonah Jameson. What I didn't like is the art, too cartoony and manga-influenced for me.
Liz Janet
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
description

I do not know much about this superhero, Cindy Moon, except for her little appearances in other comics. She has an amazing name, and seems cool enough, yet, I do believe that her immaturity (reasonably so) is the main reason I did not love her like I expected.

I did find some artwork about this character that I though was pretty awesome. I am not sure of who exactly made them, so if you know, please tell me. Thanks!

Terence
Jan 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Cindy Moon is the unfortunate young woman who was bitten by the same radioactive spider as Peter Parker. She then spent 10 years locked in a bunker in order to avoid the Inheritors. Now she's searching for her family
description
while working as an intern
description
and protecting New York as Silk.
description

The Life and Times of Cindy Moon was a solid story. Cindy has lived a tough life and she's trying to put it back together nearly a decade later. I feel for her because she's a cross between damsel in distress and super
𝖺𝗇𝗇𝖺 ∗
reread june 2019

5 | wow i will protect cindy moon with my entire being. i loved her so much. this is easily my favorite comic i’ve ever read. i’m excited to see where the next volume picks up!
Crystal Starr Light
Bullet Review:

This was okay; the art inside was quite the surprise given the covers and issue 7 was BLECH (sorry Tana Ford). Story is meh, Cindy Moon felt like Kamala Khan if she were college-aged, didn't care for Black Cat being a baddie (why?!), and isn't it weird how many Spider Heroes there are?!

Okay, so that sounds like I hated it; I didn't. Because Cindy Moon is a nice addition to Marvel - another competent female superhero who just happens to be Asian without stupid stereotypes (at least,
Paul E. Morph
Nov 27, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Well, that was a thing. No, not THE Thing; that's somebody else. A thing that should not be.

This book was of a generally low standard and was clearly targeted at a generation I am not a part of (a generation that not only knows what a 'Pokemon' is but is actively nostalgic about them). This is not my main problem with this book, though.

My main problem with this book is the existence of the titular character in the first place. She is the ultimate Mary-Sue character. She can do everything
Mike
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fun
Here's another example of what creators can do with new characters to draw readers (back) in. As much as I love much of the old guard in the Marvel universe, I'm having so much more fun on average when I read books like Ms Marvel, Silk, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl that include three-dimensional portraits of new characters doing the "I'm trying but I need help from my friends" bit.

[Hmmm, that might be saying something more about me than I expected to find out on a Thursday morning.]

Fun to get to
kristen b ♡
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
omg this was the best series i’ve read in soooo long!!! i read this for literally no reason, my brain just decided it was time to read silk. and it did not disappoint!

there wasn’t anything exactly outstanding about this, it was the typical series with a hero who gains powers and has a tragic backstory involving them, uses their powers for good and has team-ups with heroes against a big villain. but the wiring in this was excellent and i loved the art. i also loved that cindy is a hockey player.

i
Artemis
My 250th review! And it is of a comic book about a spider-woman superhero. Good times.

Let's silk-swing right into 'Silk, Vol. 0: The Life and Times of Cindy Moon'!

I'm surprised by how much I enjoyed this. I adore the main lead, who is the heart of everything in this whole volume, no question.

I'm glad to have read an excellent, human depiction of an Asian superheroine: Silk/Cindy Moon is flawed but is vigorously trying to do better. She strives towards her goal of finding her family, never
ellie
cindy moon/silk is one of the best superhero characters I’ve ever read about. That’s all
Jonathan
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
"Okay, I seriously need to work on my quips. Is there a handbook for that?"

So, women are taking Marvel titles by storm these days (see: All-New Wolverine, Vol. 1: The Four Sisters, Thor, Volume 1: The Goddess of Thunder, The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 1: Squirrel Power, Ms. Marvel, Vol. 1: No Normal, to name a few). Honestly, I was pretty skeptical of this tactic but overall it's working out quite well.

Cindy Moon got bit by the same radioactive spider as Peter Parker but has been locked in
Basma
Aug 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Always excited getting to read about a new superhero that I don't know anything about. She isn't really new, just new to me.

I enjoyed this volume and the fact that it showed me more about her pre-hero life and what is going on instead of diving into the story immediately. I also really liked the teaming up between Silk, Spiderman and Fantastic Four. I definitely need go back to learn how Silk and Spiderman became friends.

The only reason this is 3 star is because the art style in this volume
Tom Ewing
Nov 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: marvel-comics
That old Parker luck seems to have rubbed off on the Marvel schedulers, who launched three solo titles for Spider-related women (Silk, Spider-Woman, and Spider-Gwen) within a month or so of one another, all of which were almost instantly derailed by the Secret Wars juggernaut. Like the man says, "Oh-h-h Brother!" Silk was the quietest launch of the three, and the one I expected least from - Cindy Moon was hobbled with an unpromising backstory (she's spent her entire young adulthood in a secret ...more
Nikki
The main complaint I’ve heard about this (and Spider-Gwen, and Spider-Woman) is basically “oh noez, they’ve got WOMEN all up in my comics!” To which I say: “heck yeah, about time.” Silk’s first solo volume is reasonable, though the themes are familiar — Jessica Drew had some of the same adjustment problems from her spidery-past, Cindy has to learn to do the whole great-power-and-responsibility thing, coping with a normal life, and so on.

It’s fun enough, though not outstanding, and somewhat
Cat  (cat-thecatlady)
hum, this is hard to rate. in one hand, it's not very original or special but on the other, it's actually fun to read. Cindy is pretty cool and I'm very interested in her quest to find the family. but she's just spider-man and there doesn't seem to be any real risks for her since she's kinda unstoppable. also, what the hell is up with black cat? I'm confuse. I liked this enough but I'm not really convinced yet

full review here: https://catshelf.wordpress.com/2017/0...
Ana
Silk: An analog heroine in a digital world. Forever '90s kid.
Irena
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a tough one to rate. I really liked the character of Silk/Cindy Moon, I loved the art, I loved the story (even though it has a lot of explaining left to do). There's a non-existent villain and The Black Cat could have not been there at all, nobody would have cared. Pair of tits saying stuff in a latex suit posing zero threat. Really don't care.
Emily
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm partial to the Spider-Verse but I loved this more than I was expecting - the humor, the art, and especially the way it destigmatizes therapy.

I have one complaint in an otherwise stellar trade-I was upset to see the guest artist whitewash Cindy's parents in Issue 3 after they were clearly Asian in Issue 1. Not cool, Marvel.
Hannah Heath
May 28, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. I like this character. Will be reading more of her comics.
Tris
May 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, 2019-reads
Wasn't super fond of Cindy in Spider-Verse, but she's okay...
Wing Kee
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
A fun little series that gets completely derailed by the I DON'T CARE Secret Wars event...

I never read Spider-Verse, the only reason I picked up this book is Stacy Lee's art, so yes I went into this series blind. I knew enough that this would essentially be a female Spider-Man, but I also have very little knowledge of him also as I'm predominantly a DC reader. So how as this series? Read on.

World: Stacy Lee's art is amazing and I will continue to read this book as long as she is drawing it (or
Artemy
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, marvel
Silk is great. Even though I have no idea how she came to be and what is her backstory (well, it is explained sort of in the book, but it's still confusing), and even though only after 7 issues the story gets interrupted by Secret Wars and the end of the world (thanks, Hickman), this was a very enjoyable comic. Art's great, writing is solid and the story is quite good and fresh. I found it much more enjoyable than Spider-Gwen, which is sort of a sister comic to this one.
Misha Husnain Ali
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've always been interested in the Spider-verse and was let down by Spider-Gwen, but Cindy Moon has returned my faith to me. Her powers are unstable still, but she's out to find her family and do good in the world. This is worth checking out if you're interested in a fresh and promising addition to the Spider family.
Sam Poole
Dec 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Silk is a new superhero for a new, modern comics world. She has anxiety and a killer costume and is just so damn good. She's the perfect comics superhero for the adrift 20 whatever year old and though the issues go by too quick that's only because of the gorgeous, cartoon-ish spacious art and the propulsive story. 4.5 stars for sure
Lia
May 27, 2015 rated it liked it
I like the character enough to keep reading her, but as a setup, this was kind of spastic.
Lauren
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was so good! Cindy is so cute and bad ass, also her inner monologue is so funny. Definitely what to see more of her!!
Hailee
Jun 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, 2015-reads, marvel
I'm actually super pissed this was introduced right before Secret Wars. I loved this arc. I'm such a fan of Cindy and the artwork. I want more immediately.
Leni
Nov 05, 2015 rated it liked it
3,5/5. Definitely will be reading more of "Silk", I think this comic still has some room to grow, with this volume as a solid base.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Combine editions 2 14 Dec 08, 2015 11:52AM

• Spider-Woman, Volume 1: Spider-Verse
  • Spider-Woman, Volume 2: New Duds
  • Spider-Woman: Shifting Gears, Volume 1: Baby Talk
  • Spider-Woman: Shifting Gears, Volume 2: Civil War II
  • Spider-Woman: Shifting Gears, Volume 3: Scare Tactics
  • Spider-Gwen, Vol. 0: Most Wanted?
  • Spider-Gwen, Vol. 2: Weapon of Choice
  • Amazing Spider-Man, Vol. 4: Graveyard Shift
  • Spider-Man/Spider-Gwen: Sitting in a Tree
  • Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 2: Spider-Verse Prelude
  • Gwenpool, the Unbelievable, Vol. 5: Lost in the Plot

Silk (Collected Editions) (4 books)
  • Silk, Volume 1: Sinister