Start by marking “Brothers and Betrayal (Tales of Taelis #2)” as Want to Read:
Brothers and Betrayal (Tales of Taelis #2)

Brothers and Betrayal

(Tales of Taelis #2)

A boy, running for his life
A princess, trying to save her people
And an archer who seeks to defend the defenseless

Bryon, after witnessing his brother’s murder, takes his sisters and flees into the woods to a mysterious figure known as The Archer who lives there. But though he finds temporary safety, bitterness threatens his heart.
Brianna only wants to help the people of Tae
Published March 28th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Brothers and Betrayal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brothers and Betrayal

Bekah
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
After reading Adventures and Adversities by this author, I was excited to read the second installment in this series. I'm happy to say I wasn't disappointed in it. I loved it just as much as the first book and it is lovely to see Alditha again--even if her appearances in this book were brief.

I loved Brianna's kind heart that loves to help others and can't bear to see them suffer. Even when her father was heartlessly cruel to her, she still loved him and desired to help undo the damage he was inf
Amanda Tero
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this second book even more than the first! The crafty retelling of Robin Hood was brilliant, enjoyable, and full of action. My only disclaimer is that the children were portrayed at times as wiser than their parents. Beyond this, though, the message of forgiveness was strong and refreshing.

Some favorite quotes:
“Just because he ignores me, should it follow that I ignore him? He is my father, and I love him. What I do is to help him.”

“Love is not measured by what you receive, Mary, but b
Mikayla
I guess most people are going to blow off my review because I happen to be the author's sister. And you might be right that I'm a bit biased. But seriously, I loved this book. It reminded me of a story Sarah used to tell me when I was around three.

As always Sarah gives me motivation to write better stories.
Katieofsix
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Coming after Adventures & Adversities, we have Brothers & Betrayal. This was an adventurous Robin Hood sort of story and I enjoyed the more lighthearted spirit of this one, while it still taught deep, tough lessons.
What I liked: the Archer. Oh my soul the Archer. Enough said lol. Well, no, not enough ;) I the way his character was written—courageous, Godly, intelligent, noble—with just the right amount of sass ;) I also really enjoyed Brianna’s story line, and her respectful working to r
Hailey Rose
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Brothers and Betrayal is just as good as Taelis #1, if not better. My favorite part about this book is that me, the reader, knew several things that the characters did not know. Books like that are always fun.

Plot/Storyline: 5/5
Engaging, surprising, and exciting.

Characters: 5/5
I LOVED the characters. Even the king, who didn’t have a huge physical presence in the story, was frightening and frustrating—just like he was to the princess.

Writing: 5/5
I think this book is one of Sarah’s best (that I’v
Mar 06, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
This book, is the first time I have delved into sharing the salvation message because it was the first time it fit the message. This story also is close to my heart because it is a remastered version of the first story I ever wrote. It is a perfect story for young people to explore the meaning of faith and forgiveness.
Nicole
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Brothers and Betrayal is a beautiful tale of love and forgiveness that will lead readers on a captivating journey to victory and redemption. From the opening lines of this vivid story you will feel transported to another time and place, breathing the intriguing air of Taelis until you come to the end and sigh with absolute contentment. A very enjoyable read!
Deborah O'Carroll
Ten Thoughts on Brothers and Betrayal:

1. This one was even better than the first one! I quite enjoyed it. :) I liked the first, but this one’s even more exciting, and more well-written, too! I just really enjoyed this. ^_^ It’s also a fairly short novel, so I was able to read it in an evening, which was nice. :)

2. It’s more-or-less a Robin Hood story! I’m not sure if I would QUITE call it a “retelling,” since it’s very different, but there are certainly references that felt very Robin-Hood-ish,
Morgan
Apr 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Rating: PG (violence)

Recommended for: Ages 10 to Adult

I loved Sarah Holman's Destiny Trilogy and I enjoyed book one of the Tales of Taelis series, Adventures and Adversities, even more, so naturally I had to have the second book in the series. Unfortunately, I didn't like it as much as previous books, though I truly, honestly believe it is entirely due to personal preference, and would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who likes Robin Hood type stories.

Writing: 4.5/5

This book was pretty wel
Rebekah Morris
Aug 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Having read and enjoyed the first book in these "series," I was looking forward to reading this book. While I didn't enjoy it quite as much as the first one, it was a delightful afternoon read with a great message. The characters were delightful (well, except the "bad guy"), the conversations were enjoyable, and the settings were well written. I think it just felt a little . . . um, rushed, or not as in depth as I wanted it to be in a few places. But it was good, and I enjoyed it.

There were a fe
Tarissa
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I so enjoyed Book #1 in the Tales of Taelis series back in February and just couldn't wait to start reading THIS ONE, Book #2, Brothers and Betrayal. This series is AMAZING.

In the distant land of Taelis, there is a man who lives in the woods and shelters those who need protection. His name is the Archer. A hero of the Medieval era. In his camp deep within the forest, there are many willing volunteers who risk their lives for the cause of greater good in the land.

Not too far away, in the castle o
Kirsten
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing

If possible, this book was even better than the first! I don't know how Sarah did it, but she did! If you liked the first book, or if you like medieval stories, or if you just love adventures in general, you have to read this book!

Sarah's writing, I thought, in this book was stronger. The more she writes, the more she's developing her skill, and it's really a blessing to see. Just well done. I'm really looking forward to more tales from Taelis.

Brianna is t
Raechel
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
Once again, Sarah Holman has spun a marvelous tale, giving light to the many virtues the Lord desires to cultivate in us. In “Brothers and Betrayal”, the main theme is forgiveness and mercy. It’s oftentimes a hard lesson, but so important. I think it was shown beautifully in this book.

The characters were very like-able (except for the bad ones, but they were still well-crafted!), and I enjoyed reading from a couple of the characters’ different points of view. I found myself very intrigued by The
Rose
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Once Again, my sister has done an awesome job!
Angie Thompson
I really enjoyed this story! The beginning shocked me a bit, and Bryon wasn't always the most sympathetic of characters, though his reactions were usually understandable. I had Brianna placed in my mind as not quite as old as I think she was supposed to be at first, so I had to adjust my perception of her a bit later. But I really loved the themes of family and honor and standing up for truth and right without giving way to bitterness.

Okay, I loved, loved, loved John and all the Robin-Hood-like
Kate Willis
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
After enjoying the first book in the Tales of Taelis by Sarah Holman, I was super excited when I won an advance digital copy in a giveaway.

The Setting:
I’ve always loved the medieval time period, but especially tales of brave people surviving off the land and hiding in the dense forests. Very fascinating and awesome setting.

The Storyline:
The story was very interesting and exciting as it included all the things I love about the tale of Robin Hood but left out all the questionable ones. Disguises,
Leanne
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was very excited when I got the chance to read Sarah Holman's newest book, Brothers and Betrayal! I loved the other books I have read by her, and this book did not let me down! I have not read the first book in the Tales of Taelis series yet, but this book was wonderful even by it's self. It had a great Robin Hood type of theme to it, and I loved the characters. Their personalities and the way they dealt with trouble made for a amazing book. It's enough to make you stop and think when you see ...more
Rachel
I enjoyed this second book in the Tales of Taelis series a great deal more than Sarah's first book. I loved the characters, and the story, and it all just fit together so nicely. :) The message of forgiveness and letting go of bitterness fit beautifully in with Sarah's "Robin Hood" storyform and her characters. It was lighthearted and fun, as well as meaningful. Wonderfully written and an enjoyable read.
English
May 22, 2018 rated it liked it
I discovered this had finally been released on audio-book yesterday, and got it. Finished it in a day at work, as its only short (just under 5 hours).
'Brothers and Betrayal' was a well-told story centered around the themes of forgiveness, grace, mercy and helping others. Like the author says, these are important things to remember, and not enough professing Christians seem to exhibit these virtues in our lives.

The storyline with 'The Archer' and his men living in the woods sort of echoes Robin
Claire Banschbach
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked the first book in the Tales of Taelis series and can absolutely say the same for this book! I knew it was a Robin Hood re-telling going in and I loved seeing all the references to the legend while enjoying a story that stands firmly on its own.
Sarah Holman is a great writer and she delivers another tale full of struggling characters, forgiveness, and faith. I think my favorite character was Brianna and her journey as a princess trying to save her country. Of course I also liked seeing s
Addyson Huneke
Tricia Mingerink
Jun 22, 2015
Deborah
Apr 16, 2015
Sarah Holman is a not so typical mid-twenties girl: A homeschool graduate and sister to six awesome siblings. If there is anything adventuresome about her life, it is because she serves a God with a destiny bigger than anything she could have imagined.

Tales of Taelis (5 books)
  • Adventures and Adversities (Tales of Taelis #1)
  • Courage and Corruption (Tales of Taelis #3)
  • Dreams and Devotion (Tales of Taelis #4)
  • Escape and Endurance
“If I had allowed myself to dwell on revenge, it would turn to bitterness, and bitterness is the worst poison a man can give himself.” 3 likes