Start by marking “Искусство и визуальное восприятие” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Искусство и визуальное...

Rudolf Arnheim

Искусство и визуальное восприятие

This book casts the visual process in psychological terms and describes the creative way one's eye organizes visual material according to specific psychological premises.
Published (first published 1954)

Be the first to ask a question about Искусство и визуальное восприятие

Jamie
May 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
For anyone pursuing art as a lifetime adventure/endeavor, this is your art bible. This book was pivotal in opening my mind to a multifaceted way of looking at visual organization, composition and development. It gave me a hunger to create that still fuels me today. Rudolf Arnheim is often overlooked as a pusher of modernist thinking and perhaps that he is maybe out of style or old school, this is SO untrue. Yes, he is from the modernist era and references many artists from that era because of wh ...more
Lukasz
Apr 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Everyone who reads this book in its entirety is guaranteed to wind up appreciating (and even 'understanding') abstract modernist art- I know I did. Contrary to what someone said here I would say this stuff does sink in- mainly because Arnheim managed to present his observations clearly, and illustrated them convincingly with visuals, in the form of reproductions or explanatory sketches by the author himself.

Arnheim's book will equip its readers with not just a vocabulary, but a whole grammar for
Damien
Aug 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very similar to Visual Thinking, but a bit broader and contends with sociological & cultural considerations within the history of Art and science. Not quite as condensed, as Visual Thinking is essays, but a much deeper and more interesting book overall.
Mar 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
هذا كتاب أقل ما يقال أنه رائع ، يفسر كثير من الجوانب المتعلقة بالابداع البصري ، ،وهو مرجع ممتاز في مجاله
Sarah Galvin
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: art
A perennial favorite!
Maria
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book required the double effort from me, since English is not my native language, but it help me build all my creative thinking and visual creativity from scratch in order to be able to "save" it in mind. At the end of the semester we took an exam on this book. 100/100
Mochammad Yusni
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice book with interesting content. A must read for anyone who teaches or pursues art and architecture.
Stephen
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m not going to sugarcoat it. This is a textbook slog. But so worth it. As a non-artist (trained in the sciences), this opened my eyes to the many things that are surely fundamental to practicing artists as regards composition. And I see the value of formalism in art, particularly in its teaching as a craft. But as a lover of art, I also see the danger. I am wary of crushing the pure joy of discovery under a heavy pile of nuanced theory and rigid comparative analysis. As a life-long “visceralis ...more
John
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful insight into our artist look of our world as we see it through our eyes and mind. A wonderful book that has views from both artist and scientist on the subject of sight and art...and where the two meet. Also the psychology of viewing art is given unique attention with clear examples of theory of our perception of our world around us.
I found it easy to read and a book worth taking my time to go through so don't be daunted by its size, one can read and put it down and pick it up at a
Eleanor
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cannot say enough good about this book. I finished it and wanted to start all over again. For someone who took only one more than the required Art classes in HS (mumble years ago), this was a godsend. I do wish Mrs Garber in Freshman Art Survey had bothered to impart even a smidgin of the information crammed into this book. I am going to purchase a copy. It's a bible for anyone who considers themselves any kind of artist in any visual media.
Pau Goñi
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cambió para siempre la forma en la que aprecio el arte. Es realmente para subrayar, marcar y anotar los temas porque sirven muchísimo, en especial para los que estudiamos carrera afines al diseño y el arte.
Khoi
May 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Bible for all things visual and creative. Wonderful guide, accessory and even pillow at times for wide-eyed struggling art history buffs. I would have given it 5 stars had it not been my assigned text. Very big and bulky, hard to carry around.
Tooba
Jan 24, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Had to read it in College for a course...found that it seminal in how I looked at and processed the world around me. You can say that it helped me appreciate the intellectual life, instead of snearing at it from my anti-establishment, anti-conformist, angsty "punk rock" attitude as a teen.
Dickson
Classic, but like Classic Coke, there can be too much of a good thing. In the hands of artists, well, like academic art classes, they may want to study it and then forget it.
Carmen Martinez
Jun 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If not the bible per se the New Testament for designers. A consulting guide for any kind of visual expression artist.
Khulan
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i dont know because i dont read this book. i want to this book

Brian Bulfer
Jul 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good reference book
samkap
This book is great but practically the longest sentence ever.
Michael Mentler
Apr 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not an easy read but a necessary one
Tony
May 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whew!
Eduardo Sánchez
Libro básico para entender la percepción que tenemos sobre el arte y perfecto para darnos el conocimiento necesario al visitar una exhibición.
Dreamer
Jun 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
As an artist I find this book is a must read. It's difficult but essential.
Katlene Elynnor
A value lesson
Donna
Found it very interesting. But I read it so long ago that it's probably time to refresh my memory of it. It was a text book and I still have it. So much to read -- so little time!
John McCreery
  • Visual Literacy: A Conceptual Approach to Graphic Problem Solving
  • Color and Culture: Practice and Meaning from Antiquity to Abstraction
  • Studies in Iconology: Humanistic Themes in the Art of the Renaissance
  • The Art Instinct: Beauty, Pleasure, and Human Evolution
  • Women, Art, and Society (World of Art)

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Rudolf Arnheim (1904–2007) was a German-born author, art and film theorist, and perceptual psychologist. He learned Gestalt psychology from studying under Max Wertheimer and Wolfgang Köhler at the University of Berlin and applied it to art. His magnum opus was his book Art and Visual Perception: A Psychology of the Creative Eye (1954). Other major books by Arnheim have included Visual Thinking (19 ...more
“Every great artist gives birth to a new universe, in which the familiar things look the way they have never before looked to anyone.” 3 likes
“The mere exposure to masterworks does not suffice. Too many persons visit museums and collect picture books without ever gaining access to art. The inborn capacity to understand through the eyes has been put to sleep and must be reawakened. This is best accomplished by handling pencils, brushes, chisels and perhaps cameras.” 2 likes