Start by marking “Muffy College Cambridge (Rude Awakening Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Muffy College Cambridge (Rude Awakening Book 1)

Muffy College Cambridge (Rude Awakening Book 1)

Errol, bright and witty, wants to be an astrophysicist.

Juliet, hard, streetwise, and with a heart of gold, wants to be a plumber.

Cheryl has the highest IQ ever recorded and doesn’t know what she wants—except the occasional man.

One of them is destined to end the universe. All of them are about to receive a rude awakening in which they learn nothing is as it seems, not
Published February 26th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Muffy College Cambridge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Muffy College Cambridge

Start your review of Muffy College Cambridge (Rude Awakening Book 1)
Paula Harmon
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who likes fantasy, Rivers of London, Harry Potter
Having read Gary's short stories, I knew I would enjoy this, but didn't expect to find myself catapulted into a very funny, wild adventure spanning alternative universes and moving at such an astonishing speed. It made me think of rattling at high velocity along one of those underground railways not knowing who was going to jump out next or whether you'd manage to go round the curve in the track without falling off and if you did, where (or on whom/what) you'd land. I loved the main characters, ...more
Susan Roebuck
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that as I read I thought, "Where does the author get his imagination from?" The plot hops along madly like a demented bunny taking the reader underground to Muffy College Cambridge where Juliet (genius plumber, of all things) finds she's on a course. Even among her weird and wonderful fellow-students and professors, Juliet stands out as someone special. And she is. Muffy College wouldn't be out of place in a Terry Pratchett book and it's miles more exciting than ...more
S.
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
What a fun read - if you're looking for serious, this isn't it! A rollicking journey of college life, told through the eyes of Juliet, a new student at Muffy College. Don't let the name of the college put you off. She's a woman with attitude, complete with piercings and she's an ace plumber to boot. This will definitely appeal to fans of Terry Pratchett and Harry Potter, with its zany cast of characters. A genuinely funny book that often made me laugh out loud in public places...
Lisa Lieberman
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-by-friends
Like Harry Potter on speed. Smart girls deserve heroines like Juliet and Cheryl. And humor, wonder, surprises in an alternative universe much friendlier than our own, Satan notwithstanding.
Carol Salter
Rakesh Kumar
Nov 08, 2015
Fantasy Book Club: Free Fantasy this weekend 1 8 Aug 07, 2015 09:19PM
The Gonzo Nihilist: Weird enough? 1 27 Apr 09, 2015 07:08AM
Shut Up & Read: Muffy College, Cambridge - free Kindle download 1 9 Apr 09, 2015 06:53AM
Not to write is to wrong!

After years of bashing my head off a brick keyboard, Firedance Books rescued me by publishing my work.

I found myself in a gang of great writers who were all keen to help each other get published.
After a whirl of editing and mutual cooperation, one has a drool-worthy agent, one has an Ms with a superb publisher and three of us are already published.
For any would-be