Start by marking “Broken (Broken Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Broken (Broken Trilogy, #1)

Broken

(Broken Trilogy #1)

My name is Savannah Miller.

My father is the mayor of New York. One day after my twenty-seventh birthday I was grabbed from behind. A cloth sack was quickly pulled over my head, and I was taken from everything I’d ever known.

I was beaten, starved, treated like an animal, and forced to live in a room with no windows. With no sense of time and no dignity left I finally gave
Published March 2nd 2015 by Limitless Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Broken, please sign up.
J.L. Drake Shattered will be coming in May. When I have confirmation on the day I'll announce it. :)
J.L. Drake Hi Jen,

Hi Jen,

Reach out to me via email and I'll add you to my list of beta's. As of right now I'm good but that doesn't mean I can't use another set of eyes.
jodildrake@outlook.com

Jx(less)

Candace
This was one of those books that I really wanted to love, but just couldn't make myself. I've seen some wonderful reviews for this one. Most of my friends raved about it. Unfortunately, I just never felt a strong connection to the story. In fact, I found much of the book to be kind of "meh".

When I started this book, I thought it was going to be dark and gritty. Told from the perspective of the heroine, Savannah, who has been kidnapped and held for ransom, the story began with a dark, dangerous f
NiCoLeTa E.
*****5+++++ "OMG" stars*****

Please, spare me!!!! What was that ending???

I lost my shit in there!!!
OMG!!! I need the next book, immediately!!!
Fuck me!!!! All these facts at the end were true???? Is it possible???

No, no, no!!!! PLease L.J. you have to fix them!!!! Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee....
I'm dying here from the agony!!!!

Okay, guys!!! This book was fan-freakin-ntastic!!!!

It was just... perfect!!!!
The characters????? Amazing!!!
All of them, but my favorite was Cole and Savannah!!!!
That story was uni
Katie
5 ++ fall with me stars

description
description

Holy hell. What an AMAZING read!! It had the right amount of darkness, romance, and action that left me totally unable to put it down!

It also had a cliffhanger that literally destroyed me.

I need the next book ASAP !
Elfina Renee
May 10, 2015 rated it liked it
When you think of a dark, gritty, intense novels, you think of Captive in the Dark, Tears of Tess and Consequences. These are just some to name a few. Broken started out that way but quickly lost steam and momentum after the rescue. However notice I marked it as a liked read. The author has a strong voice, she did an amazing job building up the characters and storyline. But for me personally lost interest with the romance and love fest. It lost creditability. A victim who endures kidnapping, tor ...more
Burcu Büyükyıldız
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
3,5 gibi...
Broken Triology uzun zamandır okumak istediğim bir seriydi, çevrilince durur muyum? Elbette, hayır.
Kitap, New York Belediye Başkanı'nın kızı, Savannah'nın gizemli bir şekilde kaçırılmasıyla başlıyor. Savannah'ı kaçıran adamlar ona türlü işkenceler yapıyorlar, hem psikolojik hem de fiziksel olarak. Günlerce aç kalıyor, dayak yiyor, karanlık bir hücrede tutuluyor, kısacası berbat muamele görüyor.
Ve bir gün alıkonulduğu yerde kıyamet kopuyor. Maskeli bir grup adam Savannah'ı kurtarıyor.
Vaso
May 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books
In the beginning my heart broke from what Savannah has been going through. As the story started to develop, new characters started to bloom and author did a great job, presenting them to us. Savannah and Cole start to have feelings for each other and as the pace increases, a lot of twists and intense scenes take place as well. This book is intense and played with my heart. At the end, there is an aching cliffhanger that had me asking for more.. This book was recommended to me by my friend NiCoLe ...more
Vasiliki
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book!!!!

The story starts right away and in a shocking way in my opinion. The plot is full of surprises and I was constantly on edge! Until the last chapters in honesty couldn't guess what was going to happen. The double POV is very well written and needed.

The characters are really solid. Savannah is amazing and she goes through hell. She actually lives every single of my nightmares. I really like her.

Cole is fantastic. He is strong and reliable, but he is also human! It's really nice to
Şeyma
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
Kitabı gerçekten beğendim yahu bir kaç yerde beynim yansa da oldukça güzeldi.
Ashleyjo
Feb 23, 2016 rated it liked it
This book is like making a shake with yummolicious ice cream and soured milk.

Props

I was hooked to find out the who's, why, how's, and get a look at the completed plot puzzle of her kidnapping.

I loved the environment of the safe house with hottie soldiers, Aunt B, and June and Ward Cleaver parents.

The romance was fair to swoony at various times.

No other women. Female MC isn't interested in anyone but MMC.

The cliffy ending was killer, or not;)

Could've Been Better

The initial chapters wer
Lin (From Chika With Love - Blog) Cohen
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! can't wait for the next one!!
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
This one another 'mehhh' story for me. It had potential but I just didn't connect with it. I realize I am in the minority here but I didn't really enjoy the writing style; it was very choppy but also filled with run on sentences. And the amount of grammatical errors was almost distracting. Which is pretty sad b/c the characters themselves were likeable. The cliff hanger ending was pretty insane, but not sure if it's enough to read the second.
cynthia
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ugly-cry, arc
OMG. This book was so freaking good, I couldn't put it down. I will try to review with out any spoilers because I hate them. From the minute I read the blurb, I knew it was a book I had to read and I was not disappointed. The very first page grabbed my attention and kept it through out the entire book.

"Deceit
Deception
Dishonest
Distortion
Fiction
Myth
Tale
Fib
...anyway you say it, it means the same thing…lies."

This book is like no other book I've read, which made me love it even more. It had
Filiz
May 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Kitabın ikincisi kütüphanemde olup da elim bir türlü gitmediğine göre 4 yıldız neden şekerim?
Carla Bulian
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Esse livro foi uma viagem de leitura. Envolvente, romântico, com um suspense de arrepiar os cabelos. Adorei!
Não é dark!!!!
Vale a leitura!
Kristen Ollie
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
 photo image_zpsalzj2vr9.jpg

*****5 COPY THAT STARS*****

"Sometimes it only takes one look to fall in love."

When I heard that J.L. Drake had written a trilogy I knew I had to get my hands on it. Let me tell you she did not disappoint. My biggest regret with reading this book was that LIFE got involved during my reading time and I had to put it down on several occasions. Once I wasn't so busy, I devoured this book, I stayed up late last night to finish and today my butt is dragging but I couldn't be happier. This book keeps
Merve Akıncı
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kitapta ABD özel kuvvetlerinin Gölgeler'inin başındaki Cole Logan ise yürekleri hoplatan bir adam. Ama nesiyle? Elbette dışındaki sert kabuğunu kaldırdığınızda içinin yumuşacık bir keke benzemesiyle. ☺
Savannah ve onun koca yürekli kurtarıcısı Cole, zorlu bir savaş veriyorlar. Çünkü aşk onlar için aslında zorlu. Hala Savannah'nın peşindeler ve Cole bir asker. Savannah da onun işi kısacası.
Ben bu kitaba bayıldım! Bir oturuşta bile okunur. Fakat sonu...
özlem
Apr 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
☡ ağzımın ayarı yok bilirsiniz, spoiler olabilir haberiniz olsun ☡

Savannah, belediye başkanı olan babişinin medyadaki itibarını yer yer istemeden de olsa kötü duruma düşüren ve üzerindeki baskıdan bunalan minnoş kızımız. kendisi basınla yaşadığı son olaydan sonra yemeğe çıktığı müşterisiyle görüşüp tam evceğzine gireceği sırada kaçırılıyor. yanlış hatırlamıyorsam 7 ay kadar bir süre de rehin tutuluyor.

benim açken beyaz ekmeğe kitlendiğim gibi babişkosunun onu kurtaracağı umuduna kitlenen kızımız
Jellie
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Five Fun-fucking-static Rating for this baby!!!

When Jodi asked me if I want to read the trilogy she was writing, I was so happy.
I couldnt believe She trusted me enough to send me a copy of Her pet project.
All she said was, it wasnt finished yet and it would end with a cliffhanger.
So i dropped what Im reading and jump on it right away.

Im so happy that J.L Drake has given the break that she deserved.
Now the world will have the chance to know how great story teller she is.
She will make you fall in
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"I look in the mirror, and my heart leaps. There I am, the old Savannah, hair cut long to the middle of her back, loose curls halfway up, natural highlights peeking through. I reach up, running my fingers through what feels like silk. If only I felt like the old Savannah on the inside."

My MC Romance addiction led me to the author and her Devil's Reach series. It blew me away, I devoured it and loved every page. After learning that one of the characters in that story was featured in the Brok
KitReads (a.k.a. nd)
Writing: 5
Story: 5
Characters: 5

Overall rating: 5.0
*****5 "Roger, Raven One" Stars *****
Oh my heart, my emotions! This book. To quote Mark...

"Holy fucking shit!"

There are a lot of characters in play in this book, and at times, I did have to look back to see who a certain character was, but each and every one of them are there for a reason, they have a purpose, so even though there were "a lot", there weren't "too many".

A side note, I found it amusing that the character names were almost bib
Jenny
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Is it possible to die from holding your breath while reading a book? Because I'm pretty sure my ghost is writing this review.

Holy.
F**king.
Shit.

I literally cannot even make my brain function right now to write this review properly.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Savannah Miller. Cole Logan. HOT DAMN!!!!!!

This story will blow your mind to epic proportions.
You will find yourself slapping a table (like I did a few times) because of the shit that goes down here!!
Be ready to go on an insane emotional rollercoaster.

Be warned:
1. Y
Rebecca Woodward
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished
I am on an Author love high!! Lol! This story is a freaking emotional rollercoaster. The main character is my mini me. She is strong and feisty. I am enjoying her personality. The alphas she meets in the Blackstone house are eye candy. And the man big Alpha is so lalallalalla! 🤤 I really like the way the Author surprises you during the read. She keeps you bouncingboff your seat. The cliffhanger is omg!!! But in a good way. Haha so many twists I am enthralled with this story. A must read!!
Artemis
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐💥💥💥💥💥 ...more
Büşra
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bana ikinci kitabı FIRLATIN !!
Maddie
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Worum es geht:
Savannah Miller, die 27-jährige Tochter des Mayors von New York, wird von der großen Kidnapper-Gruppe Los Sirvientes Del Diablo entführt. Sieben Monate wird sie in Tijuana, Mexiko, in Gefangenschaft gehalten, wobei sie jegliches Zeitgefühl verliert. Als sie sich schon beinahe selbst aufgegeben hat, naht ihre Rettung. Die Shadow Group, eine Spezialeinheit der US-Army, befreit Savannah und stellt sie unter ihren Schutz. In einem abgelegenen Haus wird sie vorerst in Sicherheit gebrach
Ariana *mommy's late night book-up*
HOLY MOTHER….!!!!!!

This book was insanely intense and I am seriously at a loss for words! 5 gigantic stars!
OH. MY. GOD! Wow J.L. Drake is a genius! This book was so unique and refreshing and just so damn good!!!!! This is one author that you want to keep your eye on because she is definitely going places with her writing. I know it is hard for new authors to get people to take a chance and read their books, but please do yourself a favor and take a chance on her. You will not be disappointed.

J
Pamela
“Broken” is a story that’s full of intrigue, suspense, action, and romance. I absolutely loved Cole and all his men. They all exuded traits of an alpha-male without going over-the-top. A good story that was well-written with an array of characters. The one thing that didn’t work for me was the female protagonist, Savannah. It was hard to remember she was a 28 year-old woman as for most of the novel I found her to be quite immature. The fact that she kept antagonizing York was just ridiculous. I ...more
Alisa
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Holy crap. This was amazingly good!

In the beginning, it was a bit too fast paced for me. I thought it was going to go downhill pretty fast. It's in the synopsis, so it's not a spoiler, but from her "before" life to getting kidnapped and then "after" happens pretty quick.

But the crux of the book focuses on after when she's healing with the guys anyways. I really loved all the characters and of course the hero and heroine. He's total bad ass but not such a jerk or asshole. Still has that alpha vi
Jennifer Finn
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book of the Broken trilogy. Holy SHITBALLS, this book was absolutely FUCKING AMAZEBALLS ! The friggin' ending just about killed me, I wanted to throw my Kindle at the wall. I am going to go apeshit waiting for the next book ! Savannah's dad is the Mayor of NYC daughter and he's up for re election. Savi keeps ending up in the paper in embarrassing pictures & her Dad is not to happy. One night when she's in a parking garage she gets a black sack thrown over her head & is ...more
Carrie White
Apr 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I literally have goosebumps!
I'm praying to the gods above my hunches are correct ,because even though I was just slapped in the face by this grand finale, I won't lose hope!
*****Cole & Savi 4-Eternity!!*****
I'm not going to summarize what it's about. The title 'Broken' goes without saying, but it's so much more than what the description gives you.
I totally fell in love with Cole and Savannah!
Between the intriguing story line, beefed army guys, a brewing romance into a powerful love st

• Titanium Security Series Box Set: Volume II (Titanium Security, #4 & 5)
  • The Fighter (Redemption, #2)
  • Yearning Devotion (Yearning Series, #1)
  • Picking Up the Pieces (Pieces, #2)
  • Speak Low (Speak Easy #2)
  • Cadence (Deception, #2)
  • SECRET Trilogy (Secret, #1-3)
  • Tethered Bond (Holly Woods Files, #3)
  • Penumbra (The Midnight Society, #2)
  • Carmen's New York Romance Trilogy (Carmen's New York, #1-3)
  • Fallen Snow (The NOVA Trilogy, Book 1)
  • Hard Rock Remix (The Lonely Kings, #2)
  • Filthy 2 (Filthy, #2)
  • Destructive (Deadly Love, #1)
  • Edge of Obsession (SKALS, #3)
  • Butterfly Ginger
  • The Beast Series Boxset
  • Commodity
International best selling author J. L. Drake was born and raised in Nova Scotia, Canada, later moving to Southern California where she lives with her husband and two children.

When she's not writing she loves to spend time with her family, travelling or just enjoying a night at home. One thing you might notice in her books is her love for the four seasons. Growing up on the east coast of Canada t

Broken Trilogy (3 books)
  • Shattered (Broken Trilogy, #2)
  • Mended (Broken Trilogy, #3)
“You can always fall, Savannah, because I will be the one catching you.” 9 likes
“There wasn't a moment when I was gone that I didn't think of you, Savannah. You're like a goddamn drug that's making me weak at the knees. It's taking every ounce of my self control not to kiss you right now".
"I wouldn't stop you".”