Start by marking “The Mindfulness Journal: Exercises to Help You Find Peace and Calm Wherever You Are” as Want to Read:

In today's busy world, finding physical and mental space for peace and calm amidst the competing demands of work, family and friends can be a challenge. Mindfulness is a simple and powerful practice that can help you cut through the noise and reclaim tranquillity, wherever you are.

The Mindfulness Journal offers an introduction to mindfulness and easy exercises that can be
Published April 1st 2016 by Boxtree (first published November 20th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Mindfulness Journal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mindfulness Journal

Vanessa
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a very thoughtful gift from a friend who knows that I often struggle with stress and anxiety over a myriad of things. I took my time reading through this, even though I could have read it in one sitting, and I'm glad I did because it gave me a chance to actually try out a few of the many meditative mindfulness practices that the book provides.

The book seems to cover almost every possible situation where you might need a dose of mindfulness to get you through - everything from getting to
Louise
Dec 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Useful to dip into and to remember that practice doesn't need to be at a set time every day but can be part of your daily life.
Kat
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A beautifully designed to-the-point book on Mindfulness in an over saturated market. The space to journal thoughts and observations is a welcome addition however due the binding the book is very tricky to write in. For anyone looking for a more in depth book on the subject I (like the author) recommend Full Catastrophe Living: How to Cope With Stress, Pain and Illness Using Mindfulness Meditation by Jon Kabat-Zinn.

This would make a nice gift and introduction to Mindfulness.
Em Eddings
Struggled to finish this book. Probably better as a coffee table book than as a read for those actually seeking help or advice.
Anna Casian-Musteață
O carte care te ajută să-ți definești mai bine rolul și locul în această lume. Cu ajutorul acestei cărți înveți să prețuiești fiecare clipă și mai ales clipa prezentă, te împrietenești cu propriul corp și propriile gânduri, pentru a avea o viață mai armonioasă.
András
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A tons of cliché with a few good thought. The book design in the Hungarian print is amazing, I loved it.
Mike Pearce
Oct 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: non-fiction
Utter tripe. Don't bother. The format is almost entirely the same.

1. Have a problem.
2. Sit/Lie/Stand. Breath. Think about problem.
3. Problem goes away

Lillian
Nov 13, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
By far one of the worst self-help books I've ever read. It aligns cognitive therapy with ~magical benefits~ such as no longer experiencing any physical pain in the intensive care ward.

This books only saving grace was the beautiful use of negative space and illustrations by Marcia Mihotich - if the written work wasn't so preachy and I was to rate this book on aesthetics alone it would be a 5/5. I loved the texture, flat graphics and consistent and appropriately 'calming' teal.

Don't waste your m
Eliza Christine
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A soothing and serene read. This book shares many mindfulness exercises for specific emotions and experiences that one may have throughout the day, such as confrontation, sleepless nights, racing thoughts and preparing for the day ahead. I especially enjoyed the simple and soothing illustrations and inspirational quotes that reinforce the book's overall concepts of positivity and resilience. This is just the right book to dip into when in search of a mindful moment.
Jessica
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice easy read. Some beautiful quotes and helpful exercises for incorporating mindfulness into your everyday life. The author takes into account all sorts of situations and emotions that might arise, and provides meditations that will help you move through it without letting your emotions take over.
AJ S
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent companion

This journal really helped me get through a stressful time in my life. Very clear and simple.
I recommend it =)
Savitri Narendra Putri
It is basically explain about "one recipe" and how to modify it in any situation.
Erika Mik
Jan 04, 2019 rated it liked it
I bought this thinking it would be an interactive journal that I could write in. It is not. It is full of great mediatations for plenty of situations in your life.
Frances Wilde
pretty basic but actually relaxing and education in its simplicity
Dmitry Demidov
Оказалось, что это сборник упражнений, а не книга.
Упражнения довольно однотипные, кстати. Найдите 20 минут. Сядьте. Медитируйте.
Pamela
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful journal. The color and illustrations are very serene. Inside are quotes and prompts to find a less stressful existence and to be aware of the goodness around you. I love the lined pages for jotting your own thoughts and open area for any date, so there is no pressure to write every single day. Very nice journal.
Sean Jones
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nicely relaxing read. It strangely gave me a great sense of calm by just letting the words delve into my soul. The breathing exercises and decluttering combined with calming imagery and easy to read text.

A nice easy introduction into the simpler side of meditation, breathing and mindfulness.
kirsty ann jenkins
Good reference when living busy ☺

Good selection of chapter's and easy exercises. Quick and relaxing easy to do and anywhere for most situations. . .
Suzanne
Nov 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a pick up and put down, when you feel moved to kind of book. Which I did and enjoyed it very much
Sally Lovelock
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely little book, beautiful messages inside.
Cassie
May 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Memory Bible: An Innovative Strategy for Keeping Your Brain Young
  • Emmanuelle II
  • 15 Things You Should Give Up to Be Happy: An Inspiring Guide to Discovering Effortless Joy
  • In the House of the Interpreter
  • Tinereţe fără bătrâneţe şi viaţă fără de moarte
  • Alchemy: Science of the Cosmos, Science of the Soul
  • The Magdalene Scrolls
  • My Dad's A Birdman
  • American Veda: From Emerson and the Beatles to Yoga and Meditation How Indian Spirituality Changed the West
  • Yoga: Immortality and Freedom
  • Znachor
  • Do You Love Me? An Entertainment in Conversation and Verse
  • How to Master Your Marquis (A Princess In Hiding, #2)
  • There's a Hair in My Dirt!: A Worm's Story