Start by marking “Pretty Boy” as Want to Read:

Such a pretty boy.
Kip Klein has heard this for a very long time. Apparently that was all he was ever good at anyway. His own mother despised him for looking like his deceased father. It forced him from his small hometown to the big city of Chicago.

Lights. Camera. Action.
Welcomed with open arms into the career of modeling, Kip finds himself doing anything to keep his nam
Published March 17th 2015 by M. Kay Fox

To ask other readers questions about Pretty Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pretty Boy

April
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
Ok read, I know it was written as a novella however it just had so much more potential and really could of been a full length novel. Both Kip and Summer were good characters and had good backgrounds to work with. The story started off a little slow however started to get good when Kip arrives in his home town. Then unfortunately everything just moved way to quickly. There was no real character development or story development. I wanted more about Brady and his issues, more about Summer and how s ...more
Sharon Obelenus Holland
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic 1st for M. Kay Fox!!!

Kip has the world at his feet..until his manager informs him, he's lost his edge. Little does she know about his making videos. So she sends him back from where he came from so he gets back that edge. Kip dreads going home, but at least his little sister is there. When he collides with Summer, he finds being back home has some perks.

Mary
Mar 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC for a honest review.
Pretty Boy by M. Kay Fox is very well written. The story held me in from the very start. The characters were likable. The story line was well thought out.
The reason why I rated Pretty Boy 4 our of 5 stars. The only thing that bugged me was the ending seemed a bit rushed to me. There wasn't any loose ends that left me scratching my head, but rushed for my taste. Other that that it was a great book. It was hard for me to put the book down. I was drawn to th
Jamie Lynn
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The debut novella from M. Kay Fox, is amazing! You would never know that it was a first, unless you were told. I absolutely loved Kip and Summer. Their chemistry was off the charts amazing. The writing was top notch, and the story unfolded seemlessly. I felt like I was a part of it. I also, want to add that I loved that the setting wasn't a predictable New York, or LA. I loved that it was in the heartland of America. (Probably because I am a little biased, seeing as I live there. LOL)

Bravo! M Ka
Indies Heart
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great debut novella from M. Kay Fox! Kip is easy to love. Male model, and little something something extra which is sure to steam up a few windows! Summer is witty and has had a rough go of it. When she meets Kip, she tries like crazy to avoid him. He isn't going to let her get away that easily though. These two have some hot and steamy passion going on. The only thing I want more of out of this one is more Kip!! Great job and I look forward to more from this author!
Maari
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This didn't read like a novella or a debut! Honestly, I think this book could have been even longer ;) Lol! Absolutely breath-taking, intense, & steamy! I would definitely read more from M. Kay Fox!!
Irma
May 15, 2016 added it
DNF at 33%
Natasha Weir
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Beauty inside and out....

I couldn't believe when I was reading other reviews and saw that this book was a debut after I read it, the writing style was on point, the characters came to life, I lit was practically perfect.

The writing style was different from what I had read in awhile, it was like we switched from the two P.O.V's but it was in the 3rd persons (being read by a narrator) however you knew exactly what they were thinking and how they were feeling.

You start of by meeting Kip, the Model
Dana Busenbark
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, romance
Hawker Flats, KS farm boy makes good and becomes a highly sought after model. Model ages, loses his rough edges and is sent back to Hawker Flats by his agent. This is the story of his journey. Haunted by his past, staying in a B&B, running into an employee, only to get the wrath of her ire, his life certainly is interesting in this book. From a troubled past for him and his sister, the employee and her little brother, to his being a model, a spurned lover on her part, a nosy boss on her part ...more
Melissa
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
A Terrific Debut!
I highly enjoyed this book, it is a quick, easy read and is well crafted, the author definitely has her own style and unique voice. The plot and characters are very well developed and I was drawn into the story quickly and easily. I absolutely loved the palpable chemistry between Kip and Summer. I really admire Summer for her strength in the face of her tragedy and how she is with her brother. I wish it was longer as the ending was a bit rushed feeling. The only real problem tha
Caro Richard
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was excited to read this book as I love reading debut stories from an author – I really liked the idea of this

Kip Klein, sex symbol model is sent back to his hometown of Hawker Flats, Kansas to rediscover his edge.

Summer Sadler, a girl taking care of her damaged half brother, Brady (8) who is perpetually angry.

Kip and Summer collide, literally, and then the story unfolds of them getting to know each other and the dramas that they face.

The reason I gave this a 4 star rating is that the ending
Donna Frye
Apr 22, 2015 rated it liked it
First off I loved the main characters. Kip was just drool worthy and Summer was a tragic heroine but the editing issues were so distracting. The sentence structure and verb tense issues forced me to reread sentences over and over again trying to figure out what the author meant. All together this is a good storyline but it needed editing in a major way. In reality I would probably give it a four star rating if the editing wasn't a huge issue. I got it for free and I'm totally glad I read it but ...more
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
I was given a copy by the author in exchange for an honest review.

This is a very well written story. The story held me in from the very start. I really liked the characters, they were very real and likeable. The story line was written very well and believable. The only thing that really bothered me was the ending seemed to be rushed. It didn't end with me having questions or anything, it just seemed rushed. Other that that it was a great book. I just couldn't put the book down. Kip and Summer's
BookHeathens
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sharon

All Summer wants is some normalcy, but since her parents death, that hasn't been happening. With trying to save their home and a 8 year old brother that blames the
Sarah Pie
Jul 04, 2015 rated it liked it

I thought this was a great quick and sexy read. I loved that Summer was fiercely independent and doing her best to support herself and her brother. To have her world turned upside down at such a young age and the struggles she faces made me really admire her character.

I loved that even though Kip is the king of one night stands, he envisioned more with Summer and pursued her. The scene where he stuck up for her when Slate was harassing her just made me love him more. And his friendship with Brad
Shannon
This is a quick, easy, cute read.
When Kip is sent back home, after losing his "edge" in the modeling world, he runs into, literally, Summer...and is immediately drawn to her. Summer has a bit of a chip on her shoulder from a previous relationship but decides to have a little fun with Kip, while he's in town.
The writing was a little awkward...at times it almost felt like I was reading a script because certain lines were written in present tense, which was kind of weird. But it was enjoyable, for
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s
Cute, short read! Ok, the prologue starts off with a bang and I was like "where the heck is this going!?!". I liked Kip and Summer. My only real complaint is the book is a novella that I wanted to be a novel. It all felt rushed and at times I though maybe I had skipped a page by accident. So, if you are looking for a quick read with good romance, this is perfect! If you are looking for deeper characters and drama, this might not be your thing! My full review will be posted here: http://www.thebo ...more
Shannon Diaz
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
I don't get all the great reviews for this book. I didn't like the writing style at all and I had to force myself to finish it just because I hate not being able to finish book. I liked that this book was mainly from the male pov but the characters both seemed kind of dry. I get why Kimberly was important to the story line but she basically disappeared at the end? Not really sure what happened there. Good thing about this book is it's a standalone and it was free.
A.C. Wilson
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was intrigued by the title of the book. It stood out and when I was asked to read this novella, I did. The crackling interaction between Kip and Summer made me wonder just how they were going to go about getting together. I really hoped that they would. I felt bad for Summer's situation with her brother. I loved that Kip wanted to be something more than just a pretty face or pretty boy. A fun and short read!
Ree
May 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Pretty Boy

There's a good, interesting storyline here. I don't think, however, that it was explored/exploited enough. There was a certain vagueness I felt while reading the novel. Also, there were words missing in several places, as well as alternating tenses in related sentences.

It wasn't all bad: it did keep me curious enough to read to the end.
Mae
Apr 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Kip comes from a world where your face is currency and losing your identity happens often. He has only been existing stop he is sent to a place he wanted to stay far away from in order to get back his edge. Kip runs into Summer not long after he arrives and his life is turned upside down. Sweet romance although the love scenes could be better. Nice in between book.
Southern
May 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was definitely short and sweet and I found that I really enjoyed that about it. Unlike alot of novellas I didn't feel like I was really missing anything with this one. It covered all the bases and I felt like I got all the details I needed to completely love Kip and Summer and their fast yet sweet relationship.
Jay
Sep 23, 2015 rated it really liked it

I really like the story and both main characters. The plot was intriguing and kept you wanting more. And that's was the problem, this story has so much potential and I feel it felt short of what it could be. Nonetheless it was a great story worth reading.
Ashley Efird
Apr 01, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: erotic, free, kindle
I had difficulty keeping track with this story, time would skip, info would seem to be assumed, I just couldn't get into the characters or story. Granted,I found myself putting the book down a lot and then trying to go back, so it may just be me. Must DNF, now on to the next one.
Keri
left me with some unanswered questions.
Melissa
enjoyed the premise of the book and the story was flowing really well. wish there was more Kip and Summer couple development. the ending although wrapped up, was abrubt. made me want a bit more.
Jeana
Apr 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Awe....that was cute. What happened to that stalker tramp?
Karma Queen