Start by marking “Right Kind of Mistake (Right Kind of Mistake, #1)” as Want to Read:
Right Kind of Mistake (Right Kind of Mistake, #1)

Right Kind of Mistake

(Right Kind of Mistake #1)

"NOTE: This is the first volume in a two-part NA romance series."

Haylie Keene wants to put the past behind her and move on after her jock boyfriend cheats on her. Her friends convince her that a hook-up (or maybe a little revenge sex) is the best place to start. Except she’s steering clear of hockey players, as in, never ever again.

Alaska State all-star defenseman Cam Eri
Published November 9th 2015 by Leap Books: SHINE (first published November 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Right Kind of Mistake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Right Kind of Mistake

Start your review of Right Kind of Mistake (Right Kind of Mistake, #1)
Jayme
So I gave three stars, but is the book you should check yourself. Especially if you like college hockey romance. Because I really, really like this story but... I'll get to that below.

***Quick Review:***

Series: The first in the Right Kind of Mistake series.
Grade/Tag Tabs: New Adult, Short stories, Sports Romance.
Release Date: November 9th, 2015.
Main characters: Haylie Keene, twenty-one years, studying creative writing, but is passionate about art and painting. Cam Erickson, hockey player def
Michelle
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it

The Right Kind of Mistake is the first in a duet series that features Haylie and Cam. One is recently moving on from a relationship and swearing off ever dating another hockey player, the other... well, he’s a hockey player.

I think it’s safe to say that this is another book that it is difficult to find fault in the hero. Cam was lovable to a fault. He waited in the wings while he watched his roommate have the girl he wanted – watched him break his heart and when he did, he finally had his shot.
Monique
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this for free through NetGalley

You know how sometimes you read a book and even though nothing happens, you still find yourself needing to turn the page? This was one of those for me.

This is a super easy read and would be good for anyone who likes new adult and romance tropes. The characters in this aren't too complex and the plot is pretty basic but the writing flowed with ease and the interactions felt natural. Even though nothing monumental happens, I somehow foun
Elaine
This is the first novella in a two part New Adult romance series and a definitely different, but still totally enjoyable, style for this author.

Haylie Keene followed her boyfriend of three years to study in Alaska so he could follow his dream to play hockey in the state team whilst studying, then he cheats on her. Haylie is heartbroken but now determined to put the past behind her - and to avoid romance with ice hockey players in future. Her resolve, however, is severely tested by Cam Ericsson,
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
**I received this book as an ARC from Patchwork Press - Cooperative via NetGalley and in return will give my honest review**
Omg I love this fast paced sexy, charming, funny book!! I usually don't read short books because it all feels so rushed and I feel like I am missing something. But this book did not disappoint!! Very well written book!!
Haylie followed her boyfriend to Alaska to follow his dreams and little did she know she would end up alone. Her ex was a creep and she is so done with hock
Taylor Knight
Nov 17, 2015 rated it liked it
I've seen a surprising amount (surprising to me, at least) of NA college hockey romance books going around lately and even though I have yet to find one that I really fall in love with, I'm always curious about them. I'm a big fan of hockey so I'm drawn to books that involve the sport. Again, I'm never completely sold on any of the books that I've read that are hockey romances but I have a pretty fun time reading them. Right Kind of Mistake was no different.

Nothing really happened in this book
Shelly
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Past or Present

This book was great. It has characters that you easily fall in love with. Haylie was a mess because of her cheating ex boyfriend. Cam was waiting patiently for his chance. Will she let the past ruin her chance to be happy in the present? This book does leave you hanging on by the edge of your seat. Can't wait to read more.
Michelle
Nov 09, 2015 rated it liked it
**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: http://bookbriefs.net**Right Kind of Mistake is a flirty, sweet and fun new adult contemporary romance that centers around hockey players. I loved Cam and Haylie's story, even though it did feel a little short to me. I would love to see a full length novel about them. If you like novella length stories that are not part of a serial (they feel complete on their own) then Right Kind of Mistake is exactly the book for you.

I loved the character
Jen
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Read the full review on Bookaholics Not-So-Anonymous.

Note: This ARC was provided by Patchwork Press Cooperative in exchange for an honest review.

Right Kind of Mistake is the first book in the series by the same title from author Rebecca Thomas and is a pretty quick read that ends in somewhat of a cliffhanger, meaning there isn't an absolute resolution to the issue as to whether Haylie Keene and Cam Erickson should pursue a romantic relationship or not. The story pretty much revolves between thes
Vasiliki
Nov 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
3 stars!

ARC kindly provided by Patchwork Press - Cooperative via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

This is the story of Haylei who was cheated from her boyfriend after 3 years being together and Cam who has secretly wanted her. The story and the plot are good. Cheated girl falls for team-player/ex-roommate of ex-boyfriend. However, I had a few issues with this book.

- The writing was not so good. I've read the same thoughts of Haylei again and again and again. And since the book was w
Samantha
Nov 11, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 you have to see what is right in front of you before it is gone stars. The story is the first part which means there's a cliffhanger! Haylie and Cam have been dancing around each other for years because she was very taken by Cam's best friend. The two have always had chemistry which is why Haylie would avoid Cam at all costs. Now that Haylie is single, Cam thinks it is the right time to make his intentions known.

Haylie thinks a fling is a good idea but Cam isn't a fling and that's just the
Holly (epiloguebookblog)
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 stars

Let me say up front that I'll definitely be reading part 2! Right Kind of Mistake ends abruptly, and my curiosity is piqued.

One of my favorite tropes is at work here: a reluctant, jaded heroine who's pursued by a hero who knows what he wants. Cam was the best thing about this read, IMO. He's the kind of fictional man candy I can get on board with: loyal, solid, faithful, trustworthy...

But also broody, intense, and enigmatic.

The slight deduction in stars results from almost too much i
Bette Hansen
Oct 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one. The only bad part for me is the fact that it's not a complete story. Part 2 comes out in March. The story is very good, great writing, and the characters will grab your heart. Haylie finds herself at school in Alaska after she followed her hockey playing boyfriend there. Now that she's found out not only is he a cheat but he's left school to play in the NHL, she vows never to date another hockey player. Right now she's just looking for a little fun. Cam Erickson has al ...more
Sue Paulsen
Nov 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
**ARC received in exchange for an honest review**

The Right Kind of Mistake was the first book that I have read by Rebecca Thomas. It was a well written, fun read!

I love hockey players in books and Cam didn’t let me down in this one. He was a good guy who wasn’t easily deterred when trying to get his girl. His girl…..Haylie…I wish that I could say that I liked her; but she really frustrated me. While I could understand her commitment issues; some of her actions really annoyed me.

Despite my though
Kaylee Nizza
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
i absolutely loved this book. This is a must read. Haylie is heartbroken over a bad break up. Haylie now has rules for dating. No more dating hockey players. Hot hockey player Cam has had the hots for Haylie. Their chemistry is smokin hot. Haylie finds out rules were meant to be broken. This is wonderful story about healing and finding true love.
K.L. Hallam
Nov 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Arc for an honest review:

What a sizzling start! I haven’t read many NA books, so I was taken by surprise, and a little flustered, feeling quite the same as the MC, Haylie did, wrestling with her mind, in a tug of war with her heart over dating any more hockey players. Ever. After the last one, Tyler deserted her to follow his dream, even though she followed him to Alaska to attend the same University.

The sacrifice she’s made, and continues to make, being off limits to any hockey players, tests
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Chapters read: 1, but it was over 10 percent of the book

Okay, so one day after several months of very few shippy reads, I went a little wild on NetGalley and requested some random stuff from the romance tag on NG. I chose this one based on the cover, bc I'm very scientific in my choices. The cover was a trap. Please enjoy these quotes to show why I DNFed.

"I never believed Tyler would fuck a puck, but I think being called up by the Boston Bruins farm team went to his head."

I laughed really hard w
Mary Forster
This is a new author for me and I have to say the writing was done good to where you kept turning the page. The author knows how to draw you in and if you love sports players then you will like reading this one. There is no HEA as you will have a cliffhanger at the end, I wish book 2 was out so I can see how it all ends.

Haylie has set up rules for her life after ending a 3 year relationship with her ex boyfriend Tyler due to him cheating on her. She swore off all hockey players as they will not
Amy
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by Rebecca Thomas and it had me not wanting to do anything but read. Haylie a young adult who followed her ex boyfriend to college is trying to find herself after her boyfriends cheats on herself. She is trying to find her own identity while assuming that it should not include another guy from the hockey team. Cam has had his eyes on Elle from the beginning of their friendship. He just has to convince Elle that it is the right choice for both of them. Rebecca did an awesom ...more
Medeia Sharif
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Haylie went all out for her ex-boyfriend, Tyler. They had been serious in high school and she followed him all the way to Alaska, the two of them attending the same college where he played hockey. He betrayed her by cheating on her and moving to another state for their sports team. Haylie is heartbroken and on the rebound. She meets Cam, another handsome athlete. She swears off hockey players, but Cam is irresistible. She just wants a fling, but he wants more. This is new adult novella is a fast ...more
Beyond the Pages
Nov 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved this story. The chemistry between these two characters - Haylie and Cam - was amazing. It practically exploded off the pages. I understood the conflict that existed for them. It was a difficult spot to be in for both characters. The rebound scenario is never good even when the rightness seems so wrong. These two need a true chance at a relationship though. They have something special.

NetGalley ARC
Heather andrews
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Haylie sometimes needs to be firm and blunt, “I guess for a lack of a better, more polite way of saying it – I want to have sex with you, Cam.” I'm thinking there's more to come because the book just ends suddenly, I hope there's more ...more
Alex
Nov 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked this book, didn't love it, but it was a quick, and easy read. You can definitely tell Cam and Haylie have some sexual chemistry!
The ending was rather abrupt, I went to read the next chapter and was like, okay well that's the end then.
Will definitely read the second part as well. If your looking for a quick romance read staring very attractive athletes, pick this up! (Plus it is super cheap on Kobo!)
JL
Nov 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads, 3-stars, arc
An Advance Reader’s Copy (ARC) was provided by Netgalley and Leap Books LLC: SHINE in exchange of an honest review

----

So Hailey is a college student major in Creative Writing minor in Arts, she went to Alaska together with his boyfriend (now an ex-boyfriend) so that the dude can play hockey, so obviously, the guy is a hockey player. She them found out that her boyfriend cheated on her and that is when she decided to move forward and told herself to never get involved with a hockey player ever a
Rhonda Ziglar
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Right Kind of Mistake by Rebecca Thomas scores a perfect goal. I absolutely loved this book, I could not put it down. The characters felt like friends, Cam is a hot sweet Hockey player and Hailey is a beautiful woman with a big heartache from previous boyfriend. This book has everything you want in a romance story, revenge, sweet romantic sex, hook ups and some hot sex. I would highly recommend reading this one.

Rebecca is such an amazing author and taking on this new genre was a perfect score fo
Shane
I don't know, I was expecting more no matter if it is a novella. I liked Rebecca's writing in Her Alaskan Hero, and it was good in this one. But I felt like a lot of things were repetitive and Haylie's character frustrated me from start to end. I liked Cam, found him to be rather sweet and patient for someone like Haylie. Hopefully in the sequel she will give their relationship and a chance and get over her ex, as well as her silly rule of writing off Hockey players. Not all of them are like her ...more
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy via Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.

I have never read a book by Rebecca Thomas but after reading the blurb and finding out it was about a sexy hockey player and a jilted young woman who finds love again, I knew I had to have it. Rebecca takes us into a fictional world where things are passionate both on and off the ice and there is too much sexy action to not want to see how Haylie and Cam's story played out. Unfortunately this story does leave your heart hanging i
Cátia
Nov 09, 2015 rated it liked it
For more reviews click HERE

*I was provided a eARC by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

Before I start this review let me tell you that if you don’t feel comfortable reading some mature content or if you’re too young this book is not for you.
As you might have noticed I’ve been in a huge new adult mood so I was quite happy when I got the opportunity to read this. I enjoyed this book and it was a really fast read. I liked both Haylie and Cam and they’re scenes together wer
Imani
Dec 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Thank you Netgalley for the review copy.

Right Kind of Mistake is the first in a duology of Haylie a 21 year old college student whose boyfriend's cheated on her and she wants to get out there and forget about him.

She has also made a resolution to not date anymore hockey players. That is until Cam, her ex-boyfriends best friend and her have a one night stand. But of course Cam wants more.

Cam is just such a sweet guy, you just automatically like him. He was a good character and I liked that this n
Amyvoigtsgmail.com
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Such a great story about college romance, hockey, first love, true love and everything in between. Modern romance for those who remember college and all of the great times. Love the storyline, and the characters.
Rebecca Thomas enjoys a love-hate relationship with Alaska. She lives there with her husband and sons. When she isn’t reading, writing, or playing board games, she can be found taking long walks in the woods dreaming up her next story.

A reluctant reader as a child, she didn’t become interested in books until her teen years when she discovered historical romance. Now she loves all sub-genres of rom

Right Kind of Mistake (2 books)
  • Right Kind of Mistake: Book Two