Start by marking “Pratima's Forbidden Book (The Protected Books, #1)” as Want to Read:
Pratima's Forbidden Book (The Protected Books, #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Pratima's Forbidden Book (The Protected Books, #1)

"Talk about irony!" Pratima exclaims. "Here we are, a small group of people with no military training, planning to make a last stand." Pratima looks towards the forest and pauses. "It is strange how events have led us to this place."

Pratima has been trained as a scholar. She has been thrown together with William, the young library worker, to act in defense of the kingdom a
Published February 26th 2015 by Smashwords Edition (first published January 28th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Pratima's Forbidden Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pratima's Forbidden Book

Jul 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In an unforeseen utopian future of wood and animal power, heroes must arise.
Pratima lives in a world with no petroleum. A quiet world of books and peace and study. But all that is overturned when she is sent by the Librarian on a deadly quest to stop the use of an ancient book to release an evil that could destroy her world. Together with William, a young man raised in the world of the Librarian, she will race across India, facing hardship and adventure, and attempt to prevent the unleashing of
John
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to say this is a SOLID FIVE-STAR book!! As I was trying to get my words together I dawned on me that ALL the existing FIVE STAR review were saying everything I wanted to say! S.A. Gibson is a great writer and I look forward to reading more. I won this great book on GoodReads and like I do with most my wins I will be paying it forward by giving my win either to a friend or library to enjoy.
S.A. Gibson
Jun 19, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I am the author. This book is an adventure in a future India without technology.
Chel
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pratima's Forbidden Book is such an exhilarating read! It will draw you in instantly and demand your attention until the end. Pratima is such an inspiring character; throughout the novel she transforms from a simple library worker to a girl on a mission to save thousands upon thousands of lives and gets the opportunity to demonstrate just how brave and clever she truly is.My absolute favourite aspect was the adventurous atmosphere that the author expertly develops as Pratima and William undertak ...more
J Jackson
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, history, amazing
Without hesitation I took the plunge with William to journey across India alongside Pratima. Unraveling mysteries and cultural settings I was trapped in this intriguing tale with only one escape route located in the last chapter. We encountered diverse twists and turns which only adds to the excitement and flare of the journey. Our pathway was polished with vivid descriptions and spot-on imageries. From there on the story escalated divinely, I could see all the pieces coming together and the daw ...more
S.A. Gibson
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I am the author. This adventure tale set in a future India without modern techology is suitable for middle grades and older.

Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level 5.67
Flesch Reading Ease Level 73.92

sentances 3,522
syllables 55,486
average syllables per word 1.44
average words per sentance 10.94

Teaching guide is available: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...
Steven
Heroes must journey to entomb the forbidden truth. Evil knowledge hidden for hundreds of years has been exposed in Northern India. Now the young scholar Pratima and the inexperienced library worker William must join forces to end the threat. Will they be able to travel the rivers, valleys and village ways to arrive in time? Will they have the power to prevent the catastrophe? Their quest for the Librarian is a race against time to stop the unleashing of a grave danger on the land.
Lindsey
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well-written and loaded with interesting characters, it's no wonder that I was addicted to this one from the first page to the last. I haven't read a book like this in a long time, but I genuinely appreciated Gibson's unique and exciting writing style.
In addition to the ambitious plot and dynamic dialogue, Gibson uses dramatic imagery (which goes along wonderfully with the book's illustrations). If you are looking for a book with lots of adventure, you definitely want to check this one out!
Chloe Macphail
Aug 11, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
the gramnar was atrocious. i couldnt make it past chapter two- too boring
S.A. Gibson
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Tina
rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2016
Feb 14, 2015
S.A. Gibson
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Sue Carter
Agnes
Karen Thompson
Vykki
Mar 03, 2015

• The Shattered Sphere (The Hunted Earth, #2)
  • The Gameplayers of Zan (Ler, #2)
  • The Accidental Superheroine
  • Butcher, Baker, Vampire Slayer: A Retelling of Shakespeare's Twelfth Night
  • The Time Telephone
  • Planetfall
  • Ninth Crossing: Discovery
  • A Wish Made of Glass
  • Overpowered
  • A Perfect Curse (The Rue Alliance, #3)
  • Priestess of the Forest (Druid #1)
  • Doctor Who: The Shooting Scripts
  • Star Wars: Year by Year: A Visual Chronicle
  • Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones: The Visual Dictionary
  • A Happily Ever After of Her Own (Ever After, #1)
  • The Winter Letter
  • The Magical Worlds of Narnia
  • Ultimate Star Wars
S. A. Gibson writes Woodpunk fiction, and futurist action stories. Having worked with computers and people, now happily crafts different worlds and fun characters and wondering how to save the heroes and heroines.

S. A. Gibson was born in South Korea, grew up in California and currently lives in Los Angeles with a spouse and a chihuahua-dachshund.

When not writing, or writing school papers, S. A. Gi