Start by marking “City Slicker at the Horny Goat Ranch” as Want to Read:

City Slicker at the Horny Goat Ranch

Keith Kelley doesn’t normally take kindly to strangers, but his flashy new neighbor has long legs, lips made for kissing and might prove too much temptation for a boy hiding his sexuality in rural Idaho. Unfortunately, between working his mom’s goat ranch and land disputes with his wealthy father, Keith has enough problems. He doesn’t need the best sex of his life threaten ...more
Published March 4th 2015 (first published March 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about City Slicker at the Horny Goat Ranch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about City Slicker at the Horny Goat Ranch

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
RANCHER + CITY SLICKER

=

TOTAL WIN!

This book came out of nowhere, and I really liked it!

It was FUN, cute, polished, and entertaining, an easy read with two likable MCs.

(But no actual horny goats, so don't be going there.)

Max works for a land development firm. When he finds himself in bumfucking Idaho, he thinks he's the only gay man on the moon.

Not so, Max. NOT SO.

Sexy rancher Keith hits on Max from day one. Sadly, Keith is scared of his own gay shadow, and Max doesn't know what to do with
Susan
Mar 04, 2015 marked it as dnf
DNF at 50%

I can’t take anymore. This book is just weird.
Weird interactions, weird dialogue.

Some examples:

Max has just met his new neighbor Keith. Keith takes Max home because Max’s car is in the shop. They stop at Keith’s house. And of course it is perfectly normal for Max to take a shower there and to make lunch for Keith and his mother wearing nothing but a towel. Yup, I do that all the time!

description

And how these guys talk to each other.

“I like to shop local when I can.”
“Okey dokey, Levin.”
“You’re fu
Jewel
Ok, I admit that it was the title that caught my eye. But the story was what kept me reading. I love "fish out of water" stories, and Max, being such a city boy, is definitely out of his element in right edge of nowhere Idaho.

Max Levin, our city slicker, is a real estate developer. His job is to travel around from job-site to job-site making sure that the development goes as it should. He's never anywhere more than a few months, so he really has no roots. He tends to not mix much with the locals
Ele
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing

After reading this and David's Selfie , I ' ve decided that I like light, cute and low angst Daisy Harris better.

Keith is a closeted gay goat rancher .And I mean really, REALLY closeted bordering on paranoid sometimes.

Max is a city boy who has come to Keith's small town for buisness. The attraction is instant. At first they become friends with benefits, but their feelings for each other grow day by day.

This was a great read and it had many of the qualities I like in a book ; slow burn,
Justin Nova
Mar 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: ku
2.5
Didn't love this one like I was sure I would. The story was fine but the writing (especially the dialogue) was awkward and hard to follow. Plus I just didn't warm up to the characters as much as I would have liked. I did like Max but wasn't buying the guys as a couple.
Bark
Mar 09, 2015 marked it as to-read
There be goats. So I bought it.
BWT (Belen)
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm-fiction, 2015
I was not exactly bored, but certainly not thrilled in any way, shape or form for most of this book. Then suddenly at about 80% it was like I was reading a completely different book. Right about when Max (view spoiler) accidentally to Keith's mom, Meghan.

description

I didn't have any connection to either Keith or Max, the story jumped too much in places, and it felt like there were chapters or scenes missing that would have fleshed it out better...

In fact, if I'm being honest, I
Shelby P
Mar 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
I like stories about farmers, cowboys, and ranchers and especially when they are isolated and then find another gay person to be their soulmate. Sounds cheesy but I like cheesy.

This was a fairly simple story. It would have been nice once Keith came out of the closet for us to get more reaction from the townsfolk since he was so worried about that. I wanted to know the reaction of the guy who fixed Max's car. I think he would have been cool with it. I also wanted to know Frank's reaction. I thin
Paul
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bought_it
What a fun read! How can you not smile with "Horny Goat Ranch" in the title?

There was just about everything I like in this book. Low angst, laughter, growing together, acceptance, goats and kids, and a lovely HEA :)

Keith and Max are hot, sexy, and funny together. The story keeps up the pace and doesn't drag.

This book just went to my "take me to my happy place" shelf. If you're looking for a read that will make you smile and help you find you "happy place" grab this one!
~Kristin~
Mar 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars
Mandi Schreiner
Apr 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
I missed the emotional connection in this one. I feel like we just skim the surface with this relationship

I do like goats though :)
Veronica of V's Reads
This review was written for Joyfully Jay Reviews.

Keith Kelley has been hiding his true feelings about a lot of stuff: his sexuality, his frustration over giving up college, and his parents’ acrimonious divorce top the list. He lives in rural Idaho, in a place called Pookataw Valley that is being overtaken by developers creating vacation homes for rich people. Keith’s family trust owns millions of dollars of prime ranch land, yet his mother and he eke out a living farming meat goats on the Horny
Aerin
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m

I loved this book! The best written by this author so far. I liked the characters a lot, and I loved how naturally their relationship progressed from friends-with-benefits to boyfriends/lovers. It was very believable and I really appreciate there was no insta-love!

I also really like how different Keith and Max were, different backgrounds, different life styles, but none of that mattered when it came to how well they fit together. And I loved that epilogue, it was perfect!
Angela
May 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, calibre
I was in a rut when I read this and it fit in rather perfectly. Not too long, no big drama, cute guys, plus a goat farm called the Horny Goat...what's not to love?
V
Mar 03, 2015 rated it liked it
2.5 stars ..say no more
Leta Blake
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Super cute, sweet and sexy! Loved it!
Line
This book could have been longer, especially because it felt... Unfinished?! And some of the situations could have been more fleshed-out, while some of the drama could have been dialed down.

So Keith is an in-the-closet goat-farmer working for/with his mum at her farm. His dad is a DOUCHE of the highest order, who cheated on Keith's mum and then cheated her out of almost everything when they split. As a fuck-you to the dad, she named her farm: The Horny Goat *snicker*. Keith dropped out of colleg
Christi Snow
Mar 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
My Review:
This was a really fun read...just as fun as you would expect from that title. But this story wasn't all lighthearted. This book covers some pretty serious issues of coming out in a rural area...something that isn't always as easy as it sounds.

Keith went off to college and discovered that yep, he was definitely gay, before he had to come home and help his mom take care of her goat ranch after his father dumped her. He's basically given up on his dreams...all of them and certainly doesn
Shelby
This was really cute and sweet. I enjoyed seeing these two unlikely boys fall in love and find a way to make things work together. Everything wasn't coming up roses for Keith and he had to really work to find his way out of the closet and deal with even his own thoughts about being gay. All around though Max was very patient and understanding. I think these boys feelings came over them unexpectedly and they handled it well.

I loved the backdrop of this story. Having grown up not to far from where
Otterpuss
Jun 16, 2015 rated it liked it
I admit I bought this book solely because of the title. Because let's be honest, who doesn't want to read a book with a title like that?!

There are a few spelling and grammar mistakes that irritated me. Other than that it's a cute funny, sometimes weird, relatively angst free read.
Eli Easton
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this cute contemporary novella by Daisy Harris! It made my flight go quickly yesterday. Thanks, Daisy.
Christy
Very sweet and adorable read. Considering I’m fairly familiar with that part of the country and small ranching/farming communities, I think Keith and Max were lucky not to have some serious trouble in coming out. I believe the author took some liberties there but it just increased the sweetness of the story.

Thank you to my dear friend, Jo Peterson, for recommending this!
Penumbra
City Slicker at the Horny Goat Ranch is the charming story of Keith Kelley a goat rancher who lives at home with his mother, and helps run the ranch. One day real estate developer Max Levin shows up and infuses much life into Keith’s humdrum world. The story is told in third person from both Keith’s and Max’s pov.

(view spoiler)
John Charles
Jan 06, 2016 rated it really liked it

By: Daisy Harris

Max definitely fits the City Slicker impression. Dressed in a fancy suit, fancy shoes, driving a fancy car without snow tires in snow country, and stuck in a snow bank on the side of a deserted road. When Keith stops to help this guy he wonders why. What is the attraction? But after Max sits in Keith’s truck for a ride to the garage, Keith finds his attraction to this out of place city slicker so strong it bothers him to his core. Keith couldn’
Becky Condit
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
With a title like “City Slicker at Horny Goat Ranch” I expected the story to be a little silly, but it definitely was not. It has humor, make no mistake, but this is a well-crafted book about opposites attracting and gay men coming out in rural Idaho. When Max, the gay city slicker, arrives in wintry Idaho dressed in his LA skinny jeans and driving a Mercedes you might expect him to be kind of the buffoon of the story. Not at all! Max is well educated, knows his business, is confident in his sex ...more
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, ebook, m-m, romance
There are only a few authors that I can honestly say I get excited when they have a new release, Daisy Harris is one of them. I’ve never read anything by her that I didn’t thoroughly enjoy. Keith and Max and their love story didn’t disappoint. It was sweet, country, a bit sassy, and the right amount of opposites attract.

Born and raised in Pookataw, Idaho a mostly rural and very country town Keith has choose to stay in the closet and not ever let anyone know that he favors the company of men. On
Riina Y.T.
One of my favorites from Daisy Harris, who somehow always manages to pull me in with her characters.

I adored Max.

Liked Keith too, a lot.

They were wonderful together.

What surprised me, Keith seemed way more mature than his twenty-two-years. He talked and acted more like a thirty-five-year old man, sad and lonely and prickly. Haha. I think Max was a few years older but definitely came across as younger, fresh and well, happier I guess. Which I totally get. Whatever, it was all good with me.

Ng
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017-2018-uc
The interesting part was this is the only book I have read where the setting is a goat farm. The title is eye catching.

It chugged along prettily. Did not feel anything for the MCs. The book did not hold my entire attention not was it a wall banger.

The resolution felt too rushed. But it was a long enough book where for long stretches nothing happened.
F.
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Would have been better with decent editing, obviously spell checking was used without checking as we had glaring errors like gait for gate. Still I did enjoy the story.
Kathy
Mar 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

City Slicker at the Horny Goat Ranch by Daisy Harris is a delightful romance that is short on angst but long on charm. It is a sweet yet sexy love story with just the right amount of seriousness that fans are sure to enjoy.

Keith Kelley is in his early twenties and he lives on his mom's goat ranch in rural Idaho. He had a small taste of freedom when he went off to college, but Keith returned home when his mom needed help on the ranch. Due to the conservative nature of his beloved hometo
A Million More Pages: City Slicker at the Horny Goat Ranch: Mar 19 33 24 Mar 21, 2015 12:18AM
  • Misinformation
  • Blue Skye (Woodland Village, #1)
  • Lab Rat's Love
  • The Strength of a Man
  • Behind the Eight Ball (Fur, Fangs, and Felines, # 2)
  • The Walls Have Ears (College Fun and Gays, #3)
  • The Best Ever
  • Belligerent Beta (Pack Partners #2)
  • Beach Balls  (Balls to the Wall,  #3)
  • Bound
  • Einstein's Peep Show
  • Needing You
  • Sex and Candy
  • With This Ring
  • When It's Right (Mile High Romance #1)
  • Secrets
  • Geoff's Teddy (Synchronous Seductions, #3)
  • Crossed Hearts (Hearts and Scars, #1)
Retired party girl and science fiction enthusiast, Daisy Harris spends most of her time writing sexy romance and plotting the fall of Western civilization. Her books can be found on Amazon, Nook, and wherever else fine erotic romance is sold.

Ms. Harris lives in Seattle, where she tortures her husband by making it rain. She enjoys watching bridges cause traffic, watching football games cause traffi