Start by marking “Eidolon (Wraith Kings, #2)” as Want to Read:
Eidolon (Wraith Kings, #2)

Eidolon

(Wraith Kings #2)

In a bid for more power, the Shadow Queen of Haradis has unleashed a malignant force into the world. Her son Brishen, younger prince of the Kai royal house, suddenly finds himself ruler of a kingdom blighted by a diseased darkness and on the brink of war. His human wife Ildiko must decide if she will give up the man she loves in order to secure his throne.

Three enemy king
Published April 18th 2016 by Smashwords Edition

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
5 You’re my sanctuary, my refuge Stars

********Spoilers*********

“You already are, wife. You’re my sanctuary, my refuge.”-Brishen

Eidolon blew me away! I loved it more than book 1 and that is saying something. Where book 1 was slower and had very little action, angst, and drama; book 2 was fast pace, and full to the brim of magic, and action. Brishen really shined in this book. He was so strong and stead fast in this love for his wife, were as Ildiko was going to give him up for duty he wasn't giv
Patricia Huynh
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Who's excited?? BECAUSE I'M EXCITED!

----

Oh hell guys, Grace Draven did it again; she bestowed upon us a book that successfully had me floating on love, heartbreak, and evil-plot goodness. I won't spoil it for anyone, but Eidolon presents us readers with so much of the Brishen and Idilko we love by digging deeper into their lives and roles. Where does desire and duty meet? Love over duty? Responsibility before all?

We even get to see more of sha-Ahnuset and you guys know how much we love her ;)

Ah
Alexandria
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK IS AMAZING. HANDS DOWN. AWESOMESAUCE.

description

There's swoon-worthy romance, wicked magic, and general baddassery. Really, I don't want to spoil anything so you all can enjoy what a solid book this was. From start to end, I could not put this down. And yes, it is that good.

GO READ IT NOW!

description

before read:
(view spoiler)
Clara
Jul 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
** 4 "LOVELY SEQUEL" stars ! **

Since I absolutely loved Radiance (book 1), I couldn’t help myself and dived into book 2 right away to get back to one of my favorite couples ^_^

The world-building and plot :
I won’t say much about the story in this one or else I would be spoiling things for those who wish to start the series, but as I was expecting and to my delight, this second book focused much more on the fantasy aspect of the story ! The fantasy world thickened and the plot took a graver turn
Robin (Bridge Four)
3.5 Once Upon a Time an Eel fell in Love with a Mollusk Stars

Radiance was one of my favorite Romantasies of last year. So I was so excited to continue on in this world especially after that crazy ending.

I liked Eidolon well enough but it didn’t quite capture the same feelings I had for the first book. I think that had to do with the emotional turmoil in Brishen and Ildiko’s marriage. In Radiance we went from them being a friendly marriage of convenience to falling in love but in Eidolon we must
Nenia ☠️ Khaleesi of Bodice Rippers, Protector of Out of Print Gems, Mother of Smut, and Actual Garbage Can ☠️ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed - but I am very disappointed. What is this, the month of disappointing sequels? I just had a similar issue with THE QUEEN AND THE CURE, where I loved the first book, but the second book had a new cast of characters and an entirely different tone. It was like the author took everything I loved about the first book and trashed it. Part of what I loved about RADIANCE, for example, was the slow-burn romance th
Douglas Meeks
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just finished Eidolon and was just as impressed as I was with Radiance although that first book was more of a romance and threats of a local type where this is a global "save the world" type plot.

I have to keep comparing the 2 books because it is a continuing story line but they are much different in many ways. In addition to the global nature of the threat, this is not as much of a romance as Radiance was since our pair of protagonists are already very familiar with each other (obviously) but t
Princess under cover
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another 4.5 stars. Why round down instead of round up?

Well, firstly, in both books, there were plenty of grammar and editing mistakes - like A LOT. Enough to be distracting and stir up my pet peeves. With such gorgeous, detailed covers that were obviously designed for these books, you'd think the author/ team would have spent more time fine tuning the books before publication. NO. Lay vs. lie used wrongly. Quotation marks missing all over the place. And so on and so forth. Now, in order to get t
♛ Garima ♛

In case you are wondering what 'Eidolon' is actually, I found this straight from the book itself-
(view spoiler)
Cathy (cathepsut)
Jul 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2016
Picks up right were the first book left off. Brishen and Ildiko are an established pairing, so there is a little less romance, but due to the darker plot a whole lotta ANGST at first.

The story is told in alternating chapters. In the beginning one side is Ildiko and Brishen, the other side a group of travellers heading their way. Eventually that changes, as the plot develops.

I like the idea of the Wraith King and what they do, although the idea is not exactly new. Tolkien comes to mind.

The plot w
♔ Jaela ♊ Killer ⚔ QUEEN
I wanted to love this book. I wanted it so much. I loved the first one in the series. Some of that magic vanished, though.

This book tells the story of what happens after Ildiko and Brishen's marriage and their establishment as a couple. In the first book, their love was epic. This one had more action.

Faced with magical evil creatures (galla) from "hell", Brishen has to take some drastic measures. To save his kingdom and his peoples' life, he has to be the Wraith King and lead an army of dead "s
Hiba
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dear future husband, whoever you are, where ever you are, please read Radiance and Eidolon before even thinking of marrying me. I will not accept anything less then a Brishen in my life. Teeth and claws are optional.

Love, a crazy Brishen Ildiko fangirl.
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brishen and Ildiko forever!! Love them so much! I hope we get Serovek and Anhuset’s story soon.
Snow

6 "everlasting-all conquering-love" stars

Absolutely AMAZING story

galla
„Such demons are drawn to blood and magic
"How do you kill galla?"
"I don't know that they can be killed. Not with steel at least, and I can't begin to imagine how much magic it would take to cage them, much less destroy them."

The horrid dead spirited demons killed Brishen's royal family and moved to destroy the land…
Leaving Brishen the only living heir, new king to the throne with the task to protect what's left of his peop
Warda
Oct 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Seriously, I need me a Brishen in my life! I'm crushing so hard on him right now.

To be honest, I'm conflicted as to what to rate it. I adore the main characters.. but didn't feel too invested in the plot. I cared... then began to grew less and less care for it. Or maybe that just has to do with the shitty mood I've been in. I wanted more of Brishen and Ildiko because I'm such trash for them, but I liked how their relationship was tested and their commitment to each other.

I needed more romance
Kaila
4/5 stars

“You already are, wife. You’re my sanctuary, my refuge.”

This series is SO good!! I recently re-read the first book when I realised I had never progressed with the series, past me didn't know what she was missing out on!! Whereas the first book was more fun and lighthearted, this book was tense, gut-wrenching and full of emotions. This book was also much more action packed, with fighting, court intrigue and a horde of hungry demons. I just couldn't put this book down, there was just so
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
It's been such a marvelous series so far and a wonderful discovery!!!

I (still) love the characters (main and side); the plot (Cimse outdid herself and nearlu caused the end of the world in her lust for power); the universe, the gracious writing... and above all else Ildiko and Brishen together. They were so well assorted, so vibrant! Sigh...

I discovered a new author to follow.
Celestine
So much emotion and feeling for a book that is essentially about a magical war with demons. The imagery of the Kai elders taking their river stand will live with me for a long time. Creative to the extreme, these books have the deep emotion to go along with an epic story. I just sigh with happiness when I am done with a Grace Draven book.
Viktoria Winter
Nov 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-books, angst, fantasy
I'm actually disappointed with this book. I had huge expectations because of how much I adored the first book, but there really wasn't much plot OR romance in this one (save for a lot of misery and brooding). Ildiko isn't the same heroine I once read, and Brishen doesn't make me swoon anymore. It's a solid 3 stars for me.
Lena
Just as perfect as the first one.
Maria Dimitrova
Buddy read with the folks over at BB&B and A 2016 new release of your choice book for the MacHalo Reading Challenge.

I recently reread Radiance in preparation for this one and it was a good thing because I had forgotten the events in the epilogue and how much I hated Queen Secmis. Because of her insatiable hunger for power she almost destroyed the world and caused so much death and suffering.

There were several distinct plotlines in Eidolon. One dealt with the immediate results of the Queen
Jessica {Litnoob}
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book made me even happier then the first installment all while tearing my heart out. It was a struggle to get through when my emotions were raging and my poor babies were in pain. But the world building here was even better and the action more intense and we got to see from the point of view of many more people moving around the kingdom which just made everything feel so much more rich. Hands down 500% recommend to anyone who likes adult fantasy with loads of lovin.
Dilinna
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Words.....can't.....express.....how much....I love....this series!!!!! It was so so wonderful. I ve forgotten most of the book because I kept putting off writing the review because of how busy I was....but jst knw that this book was worth everything and you need to read it like right now!!!!
Beanbag Love
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I had wished for more intrigue and action in Radiance (book 1) and I got it tenfold here. There's almost not a single unstressful moment.

This was a beautiful story of love, honor, loyalty, trust, and incredible courage. I just adore these characters and this world. I love that he calls her "pretty hag" and she calls him "handsome wolf" and the characters around them look at each other like, "wtf". If you know them it makes perfect sense and it's why Ildiko and Brishen's romance is so uplifting
Milda Page Runner
2.5*
Much weaker than the previous book. A shame since it had a lot of potential in horror.
The plot was very see-through, it was obvious from the start what needs to happen and storyline didn't offer many surprises. It didn't help that plot moved very slow with split Povs repeating the same info. Too much attention to relationship melodrama, politics, feelings and not enough action and excitement. Romantic storyline wavered between cloyingly sweet to overly dramatic and just wasn't particularly i
Z-squared
What a fantastic sequel! Together, Eidolon and its prequel, Radiance, narrate the unlikely romance of two people stuck in a marriage of state between two races of people that barely tolerate each other. In Radiance, Ildiko and Brishen learned that a shared sense of duty and a caring heart were worth seeing beyond their mutually disconcerting physical appearances. In Eidolon, those same shared values threaten to tear then apart again as the needs of their peoples change drastically in the face of ...more
Brenda ✨Delirious, Disjointed, Digressive, and (highly) Dramatic Rambles✨
All the stars in Bast-Haradis, Belawat and Gaur

Genius. Epic. Formidable.
A love so huge and so special.
I can't, my feelings are all over the place.
I love this shit.

Now, I really hope she has written something about Serovek and Anhuset, or I'm throwing a fit.
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
I love Brishen and Ildoko, I wish there was more of them.
Ann (annreads)
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
“I would have been content to live my life as just Brishen,” he whispered into her hair. “Who was loved by Ildiko.”

THE FEELS MAN
Even though I didn't love this one as much as the first book, it was still an amazing continuation to the story! Ildiko and Brishen have one of the most beautiful healthy relationships out there, and I'm going to miss reading about them so much *cries*
Grace Draven is quickly becoming a new favorite author for me and I highly recommend her books if you’re a fan of the g
My Vampire Book O...: Zelda, Penni, Kalia, Nam and Dee - Eidolon 97 28 Jun 27, 2016 05:21AM

• King of Sword and Sky (Tairen Soul, #3)
  • Oria’s Gambit (Sorcerous Moons, #2)
  • Beneath a Waning Moon
  • A Feast of Souls (Araneae Nation, #2)
  • The Curse Giver
  • Blood for Magic
  • The Shattered Sylph (Sylph, #2)
  • The Shadow & The Sun (Militess & Mage, #1)
  • Breath of Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles, #2)
  • Herb-Wife (Lord Alchemist Duology, #2)
  • The Wizard in the Woods (Lords of Arcadia, #2)
  • Bones of the Fair (Darest, #2)
  • Spellbinder (Moonshadow, #2)
  • Here There Be Monsters (Iron Seas, #0.5)
  • Battle of Will
I'm an author and Louisiana native living in Texas with my husband, three smalls and a big doofus dog. I have lived in Spain, hiked the Teton Mountains, honeymooned in Scotland, ridden in competition rodeo and am the great great granddaughter of a Nicaraguan president. I also hate doing laundry and refuse to iron anything.

I've loved storytelling since forever. I published my first short story with

Wraith Kings (4 books)
  • Radiance (Wraith Kings, #1)
  • The Ippos King (Wraith Kings, #3)
  • Wraith Kings (2 Book Series)
“I would have been content to live my life as just Brishen,” he whispered into her hair.  “Who was loved by Ildiko.” 24 likes
“Privilege,” she said gently, “gives the crown its shine.  Duty gives it its weight.” 16 likes