Start by marking “DotCom Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Company Online” as Want to Read:
DotCom Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Company Online

DotCom Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Company Online

If you are currently struggling with getting traffic to your website, or converting that traffic when it shows up, you may think you’ve got a traffic or conversion problem. In Russell Brunson's experience, after working with thousands of businesses, he has found that’s rarely the case. Low traffic and weak conversion numbers are just symptoms of a much greater problem, a p ...more
Published February 20th 2015 by Morgan James Publishing

To ask other readers questions about DotCom Secrets, please sign up.
Bradley Woods So I have been making money off and on in affiliate marketing for over 10 years. I used to do mostly pay per click marketing and send traffic directly…moreSo I have been making money off and on in affiliate marketing for over 10 years. I used to do mostly pay per click marketing and send traffic directly. It was very hard to make a profit this way. Middle 2016 I changed my approach and started to just focus on collecting emails.

I got this book in Febuarary of 2017 and setup an autoresponder and wrote the emails that he recommends. It took me until May before I started to break even and I am more excited than ever because I know I can scale.

I now read this book over and over again as I continue to refine what I learn from reading.

This book and also Expert Secrets have been a god send for me in building a sustainable online business and HIGHLY recommend it to anyone that wants this lifestyle and willing to put in the work.

This book is no fluff which is unlike alot of the marketing books you see people selling online.

This is a meat and potatoes book which will require you to either learn some new skills or find somebody to help you put the systems in place to make money.

If your not willing to invest time and/or money then this is not for you.(less)

Start your review of DotCom Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Company Online
Pēteris
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: to-reread
One of the concepts introduced in this book is Value Ladder. When someone buys something from you, they will likely enjoy other stuff you have to offer and are willing to ascend your Value Ladder. This is key to building several figure businesses. Do you know what the first step of the ladder is? He refers to it as "Bait". And that's what this book is. It's a bait to get you to sign up for his courses, seminars, webinars and what not. Do not pay for this book. Not even take up the free shipping ...more
J.F. Penn
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Probably the best book I have ever read about online business. I've heard all this before but never packaged so well or structured in such a brilliant way. I've bought this in eBook and print as well as giving it to people who want Internet business explained. Highly recommended for entrepreneurial types.
Nathan Cashion
One big sales letter.

I'm sure Russell is successful, and I wouldn't necessarily call this a scam - but the end goal of this book is clearly to sell subscriptions to his online marketing software. He lays out his sales tactics, and cleverly uses them on the reader to convince them that they need to become an online marketer.

While this shouldn't come as much of a surprise, the greater concern I have are the ethics of his methods. Despite admonishing the reader to "Be honest. Tell the truth," his e
Mac
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
One of those rare books that got me hooked and to finish in a few days. Skipped Funnel #6 and #7 section because they are relevant to my current plan. If you've been in the Internet marketing space for a while, you'll see there's nothing new in the book, but somehow the author clearly explained each part and for me, the whole funnel thingy just made a whole lot more sense; hence the 5 star.

Will definitely need to come back to it when I implement the strategies.
Raejean
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
There were some great ideas about identifying your ideal customer and the value ladder. But in general, the book was too 'salesy'. I don't think these kind of mind games are needed, if a service or product is solid. If nothing else, the awareness of these techniques, will make me a more savvy consumer.
Laura Radniecki
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business-books
I LOVED this book.

I'm a photographer and I have been working on building out an online photography course to set myself up with more of an online business - less requirements of me physically as a photographer.

I read this book at exactly the right time in the process of developing the course.

I enjoyed Russell's writing style and his real life examples. I found the drawings helpful and I appreciated having his scripts to reference.

Russell's book pulled together TONS of different concepts that I
Grant
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
First of all... TERRIBLE editorial decision to include Jared Fogle as the "Attractive Character" example. Yes, Brunson acknowledges in one brief line that Fogle made some "terrible decisions" and then moves on. But, c'mon, there are other examples of Attractive Characters you could have used that would have been more appropriate.

The typical ClickFunnels ad copy always struck me as very salesy and off-putting. Whenever I see one of those pages, I typically click away ASAP. But obviously not every
Angela Ford
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read - one of the books all entrepreneurs should read to learn more on boosting their growth!
Logan Streondj
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this is one of those 6 star books, a great reference worthy of being on a bookshelf in an easy to reach location.

I have to say I'm gonna probably reread several times along my sales funnel creation journey, because it is just so jam packed full of things you can apply and I'm barely at the beginning in terms of getting it all working. Like I have some ideas about my dream customers, and value ladder, and have some prototype sales funnel, but still have a ways to go before it's complete enough t
Guilherme Zeitounlian
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book.

If you are interested in creating an online business, DotCom Secrets is a no-fluff approach to doing just that.

It may be a bit overwhelming for those people who are just starting out - but boy I wish I was overwhelmed like that when I started my business!

(Meaning: I wish I had found that book sooner.)

The knowledge is invaluable, and the author seems to know what he is talking about, and to "walk the talk".

When he explains some concepts or ideas, Brunson makes it all sound re
Brod
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a novice entrepreneur who had recently gotten into marketing, I find this book highly enlightening.

The phrasing is well-suited for the layperson. 'Funnelological' details at the latter part takes some time and practice before it can sink in, as it gets a bit intricate. However, getting through the first half of the chapters is breeze.

In my opinion, the main takeaways from the book are:
(1) Value Ladder (Secret #2)
(2) Soap Opera Sequence (Secret #7)
(3) Seinfield Sequence (Secret #8)
(4) Leveragi
Pradyuman Singh Rajput
The ideas to Market your content online
Gabriel
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Concise and easy to read. Solid roadmap (not so much "secrets" anymore) to build online sales funnels.
Aubree Deimler
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was excellent. It's jammed packed with juicy nuggets on how to build a successful sales funnel. There are plenty of practical tips and scripts to help get started. I will surely be returning to this one again and again as I build out my own funnels.
Louis Shulman
Really enjoyed this book. Everything is actionable, easy to understand, and backed up with an example. Russell makes every idea brutally simple. Russell consistently uses the techniques he discusses to market his own products throughout the book in an unobtrusive way.

I bought this book through a free+shipping offer and now am interested in more of the services Russell offers.

Definitely planning on looking back at this book for ideas, strategies and frameworks for sales and marketing. Would rec
Anik Singal
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great book! picked up excellent ideas and a easy read!!!

Russell has a great style of writing. I learned a lot even after having been an online marketer now for over 13 years. Got some great new ideas!
Mike Vardy
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paper-library
I'm glad I finally finished this book. Lots of great information in here. Sure, you can find a lot of it on the web but I appreciated having in one giant "playbook" that I can review at my leisure.

Russell definitely knows his stuff and this book definitely shows it.
Tomas Laurinavicius
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books ever written about online marketing and sales. Read it if you are an aspiring or established entrepreneur. Russell is a master of immersive storytelling providing a lot of value for entrepreneurs. Read this book now!
Pascal Wagner
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
That way Russell explains the value ladder just hit me. That was the single most important point I took away from this book. Worth rereading and getting my marketing right.
Fabian
May 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Really valuable book for anyone who sells something online.
Jeremy Bursey
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure what to think when I ordered this book. It seemed like the perfect teaching tool for marketing online, and, well, it's exactly that. In theory.

I should explain "in theory." I'm a fiction writer, and my products are novels and short stories. I confess that I wouldn't know how to use Brunson's systems to maximum effect or to even further my products beyond single sales, as my products are based on individual stories, not instruction, and it seems that those tailored toward instructio
❀ Sabrine ❀
May 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Russell Brunson

This is the first book of the Russell Brunson Secrets' Trilogy. Dotcom Secrets promises little but OVERDELIVERED at the end. I must say that his FREE DOTCOM SECRETS offer is a steal. No course nor webinar nor fake guru can replicate this amount of value. It's like having a marketing/business coach in your pocket.

Russell Brunson isn't just a marketing genius, he is immensely passionate to help us scale our businesses. The book spoonfeeds us with so much acquired knowledge, we truly
Mason Frierson
Dec 08, 2019 rated it liked it
This book is alright. For the beginner, it puts all the online marketing strategies "online marketing gurus" like to get entrepreneurs excited about into the larger context of running an online-based business: you need to do market research; you need to build your email list with a freebie; you need to engage in email marketing; and you need to have a mix of free to high-ticket offers. There are some how-to's for each of the phases. However, after trying to implement the email marketing phase, t ...more
Vincent de Paul
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
DotCom Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Company Online by Russell Brunson is that book I was skeptical about, that I would get the same self-gratifying 'advice' by some successful 'hustler' who found the magic to the million-dollar business company. To my consternation, it isn't what I thought. It is much more value. At last I see how to approach online business better than I used to.

As I went through the book, I saw every point elucidated there being practiced by many a s
Shane Denham
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book lays out a fantastic and effective system for selling things online. It’s worth the price of admission and more!

Clearly, the book itself represents an example of the very sales tactics it teaches. Some reviewers here have taken offense at that, calling the book “scammy” or “one long sales letter.” These readers seem to ignore the most significant facts: 1) they READ the book (proving that Russell was effective in getting his pitch in front of them), and 2) the content was valuable (whi
Kathryn
Like @RussellBrunson, I have always been fascinated by the science behind the connection between business and people 📝 Since leaving the retail model of a brick-and-mortar focus in December 2018, I've enjoyed reading books and online material about the steady shift in focus even moreso to the digital consumer experience. 🆘

I've just finished up #DotcomSecrets this weekend -- with my next read being Part 2 in the series #ExpertSecrets 📚 #ClickFunnels #RussellBrunson gives an intriguing look into o
Jina
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fascinating read about how to build funnels for marketing information products. As you read it, you'll start recognizing patterns: for example, I'm on the list of at least three internet marketers who send "Seinfeld emails" to their lists. I don't know why a lot of these internet marketing guys have been either professional poker players or are former athletes, but Brunson's in the latter bucket.

The writing style is easy to read, and Brunson is personable but also doesn't skimp on the details. I
Stan Skrabut
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of the most popular books recommended on Entrepreneurs on Fire is DotCom Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Company Online  written by Russell Brunson. If you are interested in learning how to build a system to attract people through ads and turn them into customers, I strongly recommend this book. If for no other reason, you will gain a better idea of want an ad funnel is and how it should operate. Brunson is an expert at creating funnels. Read more ...more
Chris Roel
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book as a part of Russel's Book Funnel, where you get the book for free, just pay shipping, and they try to upsell you on other products and services before they confirm your order.

That being known, I thought it would be a long sales letter for their products and services. Although there is a portion in the end of the book where Russel introduces you to the software that "solves all your problems" presented in the book, however, THIS IS AN INTERNET MARKETER'S BIBLE.

The info in the
Rodney C.
A very good introduction to the online marketing world. I think this book does a better-than-average job teaching higher-level concepts and broad strategies for establishing a viable audience-driven marketing strategy. Many similar books written over the last few years have nothing new to offer, and are in fact nothing more than the author's digital business card.

Brunson's approach details nuances in growing a movement on the internet in unique ways. His detailed look at the sales process, whic
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Traffic Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Filling Your Websites and Funnels with Your Dream Customers
  • Launch: An Internet Millionaire's Secret Formula to Sell Almost Anything Online, Build a Business You Love, and Live the Life of Your Dreams
  • Ca$hvertising: How to Use More Than 100 Secrets of Ad-Agency Psychology to Make BIG MONEY Selling Anything to Anyone
  • Copywriting Secrets
  • Ask: The Counterintuitive Online Formula to Discover Exactly What Your Customers Want to Buy...Create a Mass of Raving Fans...and Take Any Business to the Next Level
  • The Ultimate Sales Letter: Attract New Customers. Boost Your Sales
  • The Boron Letters
  • 80/20 Sales and Marketing: The Definitive Guide to Working Less and Making More
  • Scientific Advertising
  • How to Write Copy That Sells: The Step-By-Step System for More Sales, to More Customers, More Often
  • The One Sentence Persuasion Course - 27 Words to Make the World Do Your Bidding
  • SELL LIKE CRAZY: How to Get As Many Clients, Customers and Sales As You Can Possibly Handle
  • The Millionaire Fastlane: Crack the Code to Wealth and Live Rich for a Lifetime!
  • Crushing It!: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence—and How You Can, Too
  • Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen
  • Way of the Wolf: Become a Master Closer with Straight Line Selling
  • The 10x Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure
  • Millionaire Success Habits: The Gateway To Wealth & Prosperity
Russell Brunson is a digital marketing entrepreneur, author, coach, and speaker.

He was born in 1980 in Provo, Utah, United States, where he grew up to develop an interest in business and other hobbies.

He long started developing his marketing skill when he was much younger as he would collect junk mails, used radio and television ads, seizing every business opportunity just to get as far as possib

News & Interviews

“FitLife.tv’s problem wasn’t a traffic or conversion problem. It rarely is. More often than not, it’s a FUNNEL problem.” 2 likes
“Ultimately, the business that can spend the most to acquire a customer wins.” —Dan Kennedy” 2 likes