Start by marking “Blood Savages: A Blackguards Novel” as Want to Read:
Blood Savages: A Blackguards Novel

Blood Savages: A Blackguards Novel

A failed paramilitary assault on a nest of vampires gives a group of monster hunters called the Blackguards a terrifying glimpse of how deadly the bloodsuckers really are. Now, hunted by the ones they failed to kill and on the run from the law, they’re forced to puzzle together the mystery of a strange carcass from colonial times that their ruthless billionaire nemesis wil ...more
Published April 21st 2015 by Necro Publications

To ask other readers questions about Blood Savages, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Savages

Start your review of Blood Savages: A Blackguards Novel
Pamela
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Think of it as the Winchester Boys, but with a whole team of monster hunter and everyone has an ability or is a monster. Action packed, it is urban fantasy more than straight, unsettling horror. I had to keep reading it once I started as it drew me into the story.
Scott
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Blood Savages is an action-packed adventure novel dealing with The Blackguards, a team of monster hunters who are for the most part monsters themselves. It contains elements of the "men's adventure" genre that I loved so much as a youngster, but with an added element of the supernatural and characters that aren't just cardboard cutouts.

Much of the fun in this first book of a projected series is getting to know the players. Each has a backstory that is both entertaining and informs who they are i
Bernie
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
A different slant on the paranormal world. An interesting view of natural paranormal entities and man made ones. Moving the discrimination discuss to a new setting.
Christopher  Nelson
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The best action movie I’ve read in a long while!

As the first in hopefully a long collection of dark adventures, Blood Savages sets the tone for one of the fastest paced and most well written novels in modern horror. From character development to plot structure, I found this book easy to get lost in and hard to put down.

D. Alexander Ward presents each character in memorable detail, alive and often with a full spectrum of emotion. Each comes with monstrous twists touching on the wide array of ho
Rose
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Havin’ a drink and saving the world…

“Who…” the man stammered, “What are you people?”
Danny cocked his head and sniffed of the man’s stink.
“We’re the good guys.”

Do you like your heroes a little more grounded? These guys might fit the bill then – they drink, they smoke, and they use bad language. Some of them aren’t even entirely human. They get around in beat-up RV’s and old muscle cars, and they put their lives on the line to take out the things that go bump in the night. Led by the General, a m
Liz
Jan 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway.
Initially the gruesome cover of the book and the notes on the back that said this book dealt with defeating vampires had me expecting a story that I was prepared to dislike.
However, the first page got my attention and I discovered this story was way different than I expected. It turned out to be a fast paced adventure with a twisting plot that kept me involved. The characters of the Blackguards were all unique and interesting. The dialogue was sharp, the
Leann
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a seriously fun romp! I loved the fast paced story and the nuanced characters. A book with vampires is normally not my thing but I loved how the author put a unique spin on the old mythos. I'm glad this is the first of a series as I can't wait to see what happens next. Totally loved this book!
R.K. Cowles
a goodreads giveaway that was difficult to rate since there were interesting scenes and not so interesting scenes. some good humor. good enough for 3 stars but I just couldn't give more not even a half stars extra. yet it was still a good story in some respect.
Stephen
Dec 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I won this book on Goodreads!
Unlike anything I've read before. To be honest, not the kind of thing I usually read. But I'm glad I did.
Action-packed and very dark. I enjoyed it!
Rochelle
Jul 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5* Full review here: http://www.chocomeiske.com/2016/07/15...

I received a copy from the publisher, Necro Publications, for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion in any way.

From the very first paragraph, the reader is thrust into a tension filled, nail-biting, fast-paced. action-packed plot that will have you on the edge of your seat, rooting for these unlikely heroes, as you cheer them on, fear for them and laugh out loud at the often hilarious dialogue and moments. I had to laugh
Shane Keene
Apr 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'll be writing a full review in a few days. Suffice it for now to say this is a great book. Cover to cover action and some of the most entertaining antiheroes I've encountered. Gloriously violent and frequently hilarious, the Blackguard make Sam and Dean Winchester look like the Hardy Boys.
Bryan Halstead
Erin
Stef
Jenny Santiago
Mar 07, 2015
D.Alexander Ward is an author and editor of horror and dark fiction.

His novels include BENEATH ASH & BONE and BLOOD SAVAGES: A Blackguards Novel (Book 1),

As an editor, he most recently curated the anthology Bram Stoker Award-nominated LOST HIGHWAYS: Dark Fictions From the Road from Crystal Lake Publishing.

He also co-edited THE SEVEN DEADLIEST as well as the Lovecraftian horror anthologies, SHADOWS