Start by marking “Midnight Sky (McKenna Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Midnight Sky (McKenna Chronicles, #2)

Midnight Sky

(McKenna Chronicles #2)

Confused and upset by dark revelations, Charlise “Charlie” Carter ended her relationship with the beautiful yet damaged presidential hopeful, Colin McKenna.

But Charlie learns all is not lost, nor was her love given in vain. With a new understanding of how she came into Colin’s life, and his true feelings, their sensual affair continues.

Holding on to hope, Charlie gives him
Published May 1st 2015 by Elizabeth Miller

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Sky, please sign up.
Elizabeth Miller The third installment of the McKenna Chronicles will complete Charlie and Colin's story. I'm hoping to release Midnight Sun in late 2015, possibly…moreThe third installment of the McKenna Chronicles will complete Charlie and Colin's story. I'm hoping to release Midnight Sun in late 2015, possibly early 2016. Thanks for the question!
(less)

Start your review of Midnight Sky (McKenna Chronicles, #2)
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
May 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loved-it
After reading book one and been left hanging with that cliffhanger I was super excited to read this story.

This is the continuation of Charlie and Colin's story. Make sure you read book one before reading this one. We get answers to questions that cropped up in book one. The suspense was brilliant. I love these two characters. Colin's fabulous. He's hot and willing to do anything to protect Charlie. Great hot steamy scenes.

Really great fast paced story. Looking forward to reading book three.
Kim
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow what an awesome book. I can,t wait for book 2. I highly recommend reading this book,you won't be disappointed.
Nic Spears
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**review for BareNakedWords**

“Welcome to the world of make-believe, where appearances are not as they seem and wine is the only cure for it.”

After reading and falling in love with ‘Midnight’ I was eager to get my hands on the continuation of Colin and Charlie’s story and as before Elizabeth Miller did not disappoint. She has this uncanny ability to not only write a magnificent story but to incorporate a subject which is normally confusing as hell and write it in a way which we can all relate and
Sarah Reads "Reading in Sarah's Corner"
I do not think I wrote any spoilers below. But just to be safe read with caution!

Wow! Author Elizabeth Miller filled this book with so much goodness. She gave us hot sexy senes, suspense, and enough drama and twists to keep us guessing as the story unfolded.

I must say I could not wait to get my hands on this book. I growled when the first book ended. Charlie was devastated with the information she discovered on Colin’s computer. There are so many people trying to keep these two part it isn’
DJ Sakata
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Favorite Quotes:

“I am the backyard barbeque to his ten-course meal. A burger compared to his filet-mignon. Can ground chuck ever become a steak?”

“I’m also quite intent on proving my ability to nod every eight seconds and pretend to care about the newest pair of Manolo Blahniks lining the great expanse of closets the size of my condo. I’ve been practicing in the mirror.”

“We couldn’t be more different. I’ve fought for everything I have and the only remedy for the silver spoon shoved up your ass is
V SB
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
The first book was way better than this one. I was expecting so much more especially with the way things ended in the first one. I am so disappointed. The first chapter alone, I thought Charlie would make Colin work to get back her trust - but seriously? All it took was for him to hold her hand and look into her eyes and all is forgiven? Ever heard of the word "grovel? " you're supposed to be angry, raging mad and you forgave him right away? And enough with the "he's so gorgeous, love his ass" ...more
Donna
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellently written, full of angst, intense sexual tension. They, Charlie and Colin were drawn to each other like moths to a flame. He was running for President of the United States of America and she was the media expert traveling with him on the campaign. You need books 2 and 3 to finish their story but if they are as great as this one, they are worth reading. I highly recommend.
Kathy Wideman
May 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: political, romance, danger
This is the second book in this series. You must read them in order; this is NOT a standalone book. This book was just as great as the first. After Colin explains what Charlie found and overheard she is willing to give him a second chance. One he is not going to waste. He realizes he needs to tell Charlie how he feels and what she means to her. He finally tells her that he loves her. This book has more twists and turns. Their stalker is stepping up his game, but is he after Colin, Charlie, or ...more
Jun 27, 2016 rated it did not like it
Jenny Prose
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jenni Crawford
May 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I am giving this review on behalf of Kats Book Promotions/ Katsindiebookblog. Rating this as 4.5! I am so pleased with this book in many different ways. The book starts off exactly where the first one leaves you off. Questions are answered from the first book! The characters have more of a feeling to them this go around compared to the one dimensional feeling in the first book. I believe the only issue I have is that I wish there was a bit of a cliffhanger. There will be another book coming but ...more
Sassy Southern Book Affair
Recommends it for: everybody

Midnight Sky was a excellent continuation of Colin and Charlie's story. I fell in love with the couple in Midnight, and I could not wait for book 2. I give this book 5 stars, and probably will be rereading the entire series again when it is completed.

As we read through Midnight Sky we get to experience the power of love, fear, sadness, loss, the emotions were endless but perfectly entwined to make this book amazing. Charlie's past catches up with her by a secret stalker who has been following
Debi Barnes- Mean Girls Luv Books
I fell in love with Charlie and Colin in the first book, Midnight. I was super excited to read more of their story since Elizabeth Miller left us hanging in the end. Midnight Sky picks up right where we were left off.
This book does give us lots of answers about Colin. Why he was closed off to love and his past was a mystery all through book one but we got to learn all about why he was that way. Another element in Midnight Sky was more on the stalker. And man did the stalker come out large and
BooksandBeyondFiftyShades
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Charlise "Charlie" Carter has been in a secret relationship with Senator and Presidential runner Colin McKenna. Her life has not always been perfect and she shared her darker secret with Colin, now she has even open her heart to him but the truth of the matter is, is she Presidential material?

Colin McKenna has to be realistic and come clean to Charlie, he has to in order for him to face his real feelings for her. Having to wanting to be president has always been his dream but at what cost will
Rachel
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing

I signed up for this blog tour, not really paying attention to the fact that this was book 2 in a series...but Damn, am I glad I did. I started book 2 and just a chapter in I knew I needed book 1 first. I grabbed book 1, as it was free on Amazon, sped through that and gobbled up book 2. This series is just that good! Elizabeth Miller does an amazing job with her characters and the storyline.

The story itself is great! Add in the emotional upheaval, Charlie's second guessing how the relationship
Kat
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-reviewed
*** gifted in exchage for my honest review***
***4.5 out of 5 stars***

This is the second book to this story, and I am glqd to say Ms Miller hit it out of the ball park, finishing up Colin and Charlie's story with a muxh better balanced story of their romance and Colins campaign fir the White House.

the romance was just that, romantic and I have spent my day lost in their journey of finding the path to what truly matters in life.

Ms Miller, covered the subject of the trauma that Charlie had to
CDBW
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Crazy Ass Must Read Stars!!!!!!

I'm so glad I had this ready to read just after finishing Book 1. I just had to know what happened. This book was so much better than Book 1 and I really liked Book 1. It was the perfect emotional roller coaster ride of a read that I love. I was on the edge of my seat swiping pages so I could see how Charlie & Colin's story played out. I was a little peeved with Charlie and how she loses herself but I see how it lends to the story. I am bummed too though. I
Priscilla Robinson
Whoa

Okay so I loved this one almost as much as the first. I took a star away because there were certain parts of the book that felt a little rushed to me. Aside from that this book was perfection. The interview had me in tears. I mean the way Elizabeth wrote that scene the raw emotion that I felt reading it gheesh. And of course Colin continued to be the sweet heart that I fell in love with in the first book. This book has a ending but I'm happy that I learned there will be a overall conclusion
Ambra White
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this follow up book as much as the first. Right balance of romance, sex, drama and suspense, good length book too unlike other series. However was VERY disappointed and frustrated to find out at end of this story there is ANOTHER book in the series. Although the ending was not necessarily a cliffhanger it would have been good to know this was not the end of Charlie and Colin's story. How long do we have to wait until the conclusion is published??
Hope
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Part Two

You definitely need to read this book after the first. It is great. The characters are very interesting, Charlie is a lot tougher than she is given credit for, Colin is not always as interesting as some of his friends and Secret Service detail. I will read the final book as soon as it comes out because I want to know how she finally deals with the Montgomery's! They definitely need to get their asses kicked.
Wendy
May 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ABSOLUTELY LOVE!!

I so love this series! I cannot wait for the conclusion (please hurry with it). Colin's an awesome alpha and a perfect male character. And I love when Charlie finally stands up for what she wants and needs. Both of them have strength and vulnerability and it makes them intriguing characters. Wish I didn't have to wait for the finale!!! Ugh!!!!
Anla Gisclair-Etheridge
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, fiction
So many emotions were experienced while reading this book. I laughed. I cried. I was at the edge of seat at certain parts. There were moments when I wanted to sleep the characters and moments when I was afraid to turn the page. Love the characters. Looking forward to the next book. Read book one then read this so damn good.
Malene
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow. Elizabeth Miller did it again. I'm a huge fan of this series. Love Charlie and Colin. Their love for each other is really captivating. This book had everything I loved from the first book - Midnight. I'm pulled in and I feel, cry and cheer for them. Can't wait to read the conclusion Midnight Sun
Antonette
Sep 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story. The characters grew on me a bit more but Charlie still seemed somewhat immature. I recognize the struggle she was going through but it bothered me for some reason.
Overall the plot got stronger and more intense and I ended up liking the story.
Carmen
May 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

I loved every bit of this book! Colin and Charlie's chemistry is very much the essence of this book. The obstacles they face through out the book does nothing but bring them closer. I really enjoyed the first book but this one was even better.
Hengy Etebar
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Midnight Sky

This was wonderful as well. Love the story between Colin And Charlie. But I would like to see story between Evan and Ali too - hopefully there will be one.

Thanks again for a beautiful Job. Love your work - hengy
Angela Carr
May 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding

I really liked these two books. I will read the rest in the series, although I thought this was it.
Erin Hennigan
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Elizabeth Miller - please get the next one published fast! I love these character and this story!!
Anne
Jul 01, 2016 rated it did not like it
DNF

• Captivated by You (Crossfire, #4)
  • One with You (Crossfire, #5)
  • Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3)
  • Moonshine Kiss (Bootleg Springs #3)
  • Bourbon Bliss (Bootleg Springs, #4)
  • Mastered (The Enforcers, #1)
  • The Wright Brother
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Dominated (The Enforcers, #2)
  • Kept (The Enforcers, #3)
  • Scandalous (Alpha Bodyguard, #1)
  • Hard Love (Hacker, #5)
  • Wicked Favor (Wicked Horse Vegas, #1)
  • The Billionaire's Hope (A His Submissive Series Novella)
  • The Billionaire's Wife (The Billionaire's Wife, #1)
  • The Billionaire's Wife (The Billionaire's Wife, #2)
  • The His Submissive Series Complete Collection (His Submissive, #1-12)
  • Embracing My Submission (The Doms of Genesis, #1)

McKenna Chronicles (3 books)
  • Midnight (McKenna Chronicles, #1)
  • Midnight Sun (McKenna Chronicles, #3)