Start by marking “Psychic Surveys Book Two: Rise to Me” as Want to Read:
Psychic Surveys Book Two: Rise to Me

Psychic Surveys Book Two: Rise to Me (Psychic Surveys #2)

“This isn’t a ghost we’re dealing with. If only it were that simple…”

Eighteen years ago, when psychic Ruby Davis was a child, her mother – also a psychic – suffered a nervous breakdown. Ruby was never told why. “It won’t help you to know,” the only answer ever given. Fast forward to the present and Ruby is earning a living from her gift, running a high street consultancy –
ebook, 1, 276 pages
Published March 19th 2015 by Crooked Cat Publishing (first published March 2nd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Psychic Surveys Book Two, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Psychic Surveys Book Two

May 09, 2016 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars

This was much creepier than the first book, much, much creepier! It was darker too and instead of sleeping (which I should've been doing at 2am) I continued on with this because I had to see how it would end.

The characters are drawn out even more and you get to know more of their back stories especially that of Ruby and Jessica, you find out what happened all those years ago and you hope that everything will be ok in the end, that they'll face their 'demons' and be able to move forward.

It
Bev Smart Pettiford
Brilliant story, unputdownable for me ...
John Bowen
Apr 07, 2015 John Bowen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you read The Haunting of Highdown Hall, you'll have maybe noted a couple of trailing threads once that tale was told; in 'Rise to Me' Struthers pulls at them and something deliciously dark begins to unravel.

Tone was one of the things I appreciated about HH, if anything Rise works even better in this respect. Darker from the get go, we're primed for a journey from spiritualism into the occult; it's a cracking journey too, full of foreboding, twists and turns and Ruby's and her family's past, t
Mark Tilbury
Following on from The Haunting of Highdown Hall, this book finds business improving for psychic Ruby Davis. She also begins to be affected by events in her past and she quickly realises she'll need the help of her team of psychics to overcome the darkness in front of her.

Shani Struthers has done a great job with this book. The characters all work brilliantly together and you get to know them all more as the plot moves along. I liked how Ruby's childhood and her relationship with her mother were
Jaye Marie
Apr 21, 2015 Jaye Marie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The opening prologue of this stunningly unusual second book in the series, instantly grabs you by the throat. We meet Ruby, a young psychic child, one already well used to communicating with spirits, finding herself confronted with one who is not human or ever was.

Fast-forward 18 years and Ruby now runs a successful domestic spiritual clearance business, called Psychic Surveys, using psychic detection to solve old crimes.
In the course of her job, she encounters an angry ghost and tries to help i
Seumas Gallacher
...loved this...

...Rise To Me is the first ever read for me in the paranormal genre...and I was rewarded with a terrific narrative... Shani Struthers has brought clever characterisations to her ‘living’ players, but even more so to the ‘other beings' wrapped so well into the story... my pre-formed notion of how this kind of genre plays out were kicked into touch within a couple of chapters, and I was hooked... tension there certainly is, but well-timed counterpoint passages introduce some splend
Elizabeth Witt
Feb 01, 2017 Elizabeth Witt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Riveting

This is the second book in this series. While I really enjoyed the book I found it to be much darker than the first. Once again it was a page turner. I did have a harder time keeping up with this one especially towards the end. Don't want to spoil it for anyone. I love the premise of this series, but would prefer it to be a little lighter. I don't care for heavy ,dark reading before bedtime.
Amy
Feb 10, 2017 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic

Well firstly this book is just as gripping if not more than the previous In the trilogy. While having such an amazing storyline, but also true facts from history really helped build the depth of the book. Following Ruby on another amazing journey not only in present but past was thoroughly enjoyable. Shani truly is an amazing writer with true skills on how to set the scene and atmosphere in the book. For anyone who hasn't read this series I do urge if you want to read a great book. I ho
Carol Oates
Mar 02, 2015 Carol Oates rated it it was amazing
Finally, I’m getting around to writing this review. After reading the first book in this series, The Haunting of Highdown Hall, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this book. Let me just say, I grew up on dark supernatural and horror. From a young age I probably saw more movies and read more books in the genre than I should have. I had nightmares because of James Herbert and Stephen King books, and one of the first movies on our home cinema(a projector and screen) was The Masque of the Red Death. ...more
Andy Angel
Mar 26, 2015 Andy Angel rated it really liked it
This is the second in the Psychic Surveys series which began with The Haunting of Highdown Hall last year. Based in Lewes, East Sussex Psychic Surveys is a business that, among other things, helps spirits grounded in this world to move 'into the light'.

Rise To Me is a darker book than Highdown Hall was....much darker. Things that were hinted at in the first book are brought to the fore and affect the dynamic of the team when they need to be at their strongest. Things really kick off when Ruby,
S.J.
Mar 30, 2015 S.J. rated it it was amazing
Ok when I say this is a five star book I'm lying but only because this book deserves way, way more than five stars, in fact it deserves a galaxy full of stars!
I really, really enjoyed the first book in this series and really could not wait to get my hands on this book. For me the first book was perfect and I will admit I wanted desperately to see where the wonderful Ms Struthers was going to take me and I was not disappointed in the least.
This story is a rollercoaster ride from the very beginni
Lynne Hughes
Jun 13, 2016 Lynne Hughes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a huge fan of the paranormal genre, I have read many books on the topic of Psychics and Ghosts but this is a refreshing new take on an often overdone genre.

Ruby Davis’ mission, along with moving grounded spirits into the light, is to bring her profession into the light also, as it were. She set up her business on the high street and employed, freelance, a group of people with similar skills.
Then waited, and soon the cases rolled in.

Shani Struthers weaves an exciting and gripping story, withou
Lesley Hughes
Mar 27, 2015 Lesley Hughes rated it it was amazing
I loved Psychic Surveys Book One 'The Haunting of Highdown Hall' so have been eagerly awaiting the next in the series. Could 'Rise to Me' be as good? In a word No...
...it's better! Don't get me wrong, I gave Book One a well-deserved five stars , but for me the darker and more sinister turn that 'Rise to Me' takes makes it even more compelling...I literally stayed up all night to finish this (OK, I admit it, I also didn't want to fall asleep - in the dark - in case...well, let's just say that Sha
Joanna Gawn
Mar 09, 2016 Joanna Gawn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rise to Me, the second in the Psychic Surveys series, was a relatively fast read for me … partly because I couldn’t stop turning the pages!

A richly-layered tale, the author has done a wonderful job of entwining the power of love and light with shadowy menace - not least, the very real darkness that fear and despair can elicit.

With Psychic Surveys being ‘on the High Street’ there is a great sense of the ‘everyday’ in this series, despite the team working with the spirit realm and issues that mo
Rumer Haven
May 06, 2015 Rumer Haven rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crooked-cats
Delightfully dark. Quite darker, in fact, than its predecessor, but all the more compelling for it. Book One (The Haunting of Highdown Hall) introduces a mystery in Ruby's family history, but it's here where we see that supernatural secret more fully fleshed out, so to speak. The staff at Psychic Surveys still field their clients' paranormal claims, but Ruby faces her most dangerous investigation when the paranormal becomes personal. Embodying all the elements we love from the first book, this s ...more
Lizzie Koch
Oct 15, 2016 Lizzie Koch rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I made the mistake of reading at night as this one is far darker and more atmospheric than the first book. This didn't spoil my enjoyment of the exciting and gripping story about Ruby and her team of psychics as they venture into darkness on a quest to find the truth.

The banter between Ruby's boyfriend, Cash, and his brother, Presley, provides light relief from the intensity of Ruby's situation, as does the adorable Jed, the ghost dog from book one.

I found myself holding my breath at the clima
Sarah England
Oct 04, 2015 Sarah England rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having loved 'The Haunting'... I knew I'd enjoy Rise to Me and was not disappointed. Not only was I totally engrossed in the story, I also learned a lot! This is a subject matter which fascinates me anyway, but knowing a bit about it I soon spot if an author isn't the real deal - and thankfully Shani is. She handles the subject matter deftly, while steering us through a real page-turner: I was thoroughly entertained and suitably spooked. The characters are hugely sympathetic and the experiences ...more
G Tucker
Oct 18, 2016 G Tucker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was just as good as the first. I do sometimes worry about series as some tend to fall flat . This one felt much darker which I loved! the story progresses well and I love that we find out a bout Jessica's past. that tied up the loose ends from book one.
I read this book in one day pretty much. I already have the third and final book in the series on my kindle and am about to start reading it now.

Heather Beyer
Jun 24, 2015 Heather Beyer rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Psychic Surveys series. I loved the first one so I immediately picked this one up to continue reading! I absolutely loved it! I had a slower go of reading this one, because I was weary of reading it at night... It had that creepy, scare factor to it that makes the imagination run wild in the dark! I look forward to the next in the series! Thank you again for a great read!!
Carl
Jul 17, 2015 Carl rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the series and I was not disappointed..It carries on where the first left of and does not take long before things turn dark..yes this one is a little darker than haunting at highdown hall..but its good with a fairly good twist ..I just hope there will be a book 3 because I really like these characters and the adventures they get pulled into..
Tina Bailey
Oct 23, 2016 Tina Bailey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great paranormal story

I really love this author's ability to include so much detail about not only the characters, but the story as seen from their eyes. It's not just about ghosts, spirits, demons, but about good verses evil; light versus dark. The characters are loveable.
Astrid Arditi
May 16, 2016 Astrid Arditi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I already loved the first novel in this series and Rise to Me was even better! One of the best series I've read in a while, with characters you can't help to love, and fear for at times, and a suspense so well crafted it keeps you turning pages till dawn. So glad PS3 is coming out this week!
Lynne Tears
May 13, 2016 Lynne Tears rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A decent sequel to the first book

I admit that I wasn't thrilled with the first book but this one tied up a lot of loose ends. It took a while to get to the heart of the story but then the pace picked up very quickly. There was a nice conclusion to the mystery of the demon.
Lorraine
Feb 01, 2016 Lorraine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unputdownable

I read this book straight after book one in the series and thoroughly enjoyed both. A bit spooky, a group of good friends makes a really enjoyable read.
Elizabeth Eager
May 31, 2015 Elizabeth Eager rated it it was amazing
Another excellent offering from Shani Struthers. A fast paced novel that is pushed forward by the fantastic characters that she creates.
Stacey Wright Aumock
Jan 03, 2016 Stacey Wright Aumock rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
Even better than the first book. Greater character depth, interesting storyline and, I admit, the "hokey" ending of the first book now makes more sense. I hope the author continues this series!
Boneist
Feb 01, 2016 Boneist rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this one. It was still basically positive and upbeat, but less cheesy than the first book.
Lisa PC
Oct 23, 2015 Lisa PC rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this series, the characters are great an a very compelling story line.
Lindsay Stone
Dec 27, 2016 Lindsay Stone rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition