Start by marking “The Weight of a Wing (The Stolen Wings, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Weight of a Wing (The Stolen Wings, #1)

The Weight of a Wing

(The Stolen Wings #1)

Alise has achieved the impossible. After her wings were chopped off, the fairy survived and now finds herself in the human world, once again hunted like prey by the sadistic Gorem.

Locating him with her help means that the two Guardians of Balance, Rafe and Vale, will not only be able to turn him in and make him pay for maiming her, but make him accountable for the deaths o
ebook
Published 2015

Diana
I’ve read this book last year and I can’t believe I didn’t write a review until now. I really liked it and the characters we follow around. This is Ioana Visan’s first novel and I have to say that it was as good as her novellas. You should really give it a try. Now I’m reading the second book in the series and it’s as great as the first.

Let me tell you what this one is about. We have a fantasy world with fairies, witches, mermaids and other magical creatures and the fight between good and evil.
Erica
May 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Alise wants to live a normal life and leave the world of Fairy behind. But when a couple of Guardians show up, she knows her help is desperately needed.

This story drew me in at the beginning, not because of some big action scene, but because of the characters involved. Alise appears to be an everyday woman, one that we can all relate to. As it turns out, she's a fairy who has chosen to live in the mortal world. Throughout the story I found her reactions believable, and I enjoyed watching her cha
Denise
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-goal
** I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.**

'The Weight of a Wing' pulled me in from the first page and didn't let go. I loved it. The storyline was unique and well written. The way it played out was full of paranormal beings, some great action scenes, suspense and a hint of romance. The characters were awesome. Alise made a great lead. Especially with her wounded past. Cassie turned out to be quite the understanding and strong human. Alise and Cassie were a great
Robyn
Apr 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
I am always amazed by this author's imagination and creativity. This is a very strong and inventive premise that grabbed and held my attention from the start. The characters were engaging and this series could work for teens or adults. Perhaps it is not as smooth as her other novels, but considering this was written in English instead of her first language, it's impressive.
An excellent beginning to a series I look forward to reading. Thanks to the author for a copy of the book in exchange for a
Jenn
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fairies, monsters and men oh my! I enjoyed this first book in a new urban fantasy series by Ioana Visan. Lots of action, interesting story line and characters, and an overall fun tale. If you like stories with a unique point of view of fairies, wizards, monsters and parallel universes then you should enjoy this book. Recommended for ages pre-teen and older.
Gisele Siegmund
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
At first i didn't know if I was going to like it, but i thought it was pretty good. It made me question what was going to happen next. I like the characters and the element of the supernatural. I would definitely read more from this author-especially if you like this type of genre.
Heather
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Guardians

I really like this author. This book is good. It takes great creativity to surprise me. This did it! I am rehooked on her.
Katie S. Taylor
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It wasn't perfect, but I was pleasantly surprised when I started reading it. It kept me hooked till the end, and I enjoyed the characters. I can't wait to read book two.
Sara
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this novel. Completely unpredictable, with twists and turns, laugh out loud hilarious and a heart-jerker to boot. If I say anything else right now I'll give away spoilers.
Vivien
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf, reviewed
First off, a big thank you to the author for selecting me to help promote her book on my blog. I DNF'd this book at 90%. I was really close to finishing, but I always had to push myself to read this book. If I have to push myself to read something, then I shouldn't read it.
description
I thought the book was written well, but it wasn't attention-grabbing. Sometimes, the author used weird wording that threw me off.
Short khaki designer dress.
I really don't think that word fits into the scene well. The author w
Tony Parsons
May 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cassie (human) was studying international law at the local university.
Alise (landscape, architecture) was on the planning committee to renovate the city.
The plan was to tear down the entire park behind the old Culture Palace, rename it Palas, & build office buildings, restaurants, & hotels.

Alise (Fairy) had her wings chopped off & has managed to survive.
Alise meets Rafe. Rafe & his buddy Vale plan on bringing Gorem back for trial or killing him.
Guardian of Balance have the abi
Rachel Barnard
May 16, 2015 rated it liked it
“One day, a pair of wings will change the world,” (Kindle Locations 3093-3094).

After suffering her wings being chopped off by the evil Gorem, Alise flees to the human realm. Gorem, however, is not done with her and hunts her down. Alise is not alone, though, she has the sympathies of the human Cassie and the suprising help of two Guardians: Rafe and Vale. The Guardians’ goal is different from Alise’s but ultimately, they need her alive to get what they want. The four of them are now hunting down
Cassie
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free for an honest review.

I loved the unique story line and characters of The Weight of a Wing. Sometimes genres like this can get too technical and wordy but this author told the story effortlessly when introducing fairies, guardians, wizards and monsters.

United Indie Book Blog
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free for an honest review.

I loved the unique storyline and characters of The Weight of a Wing. Sometimes genres like this can get too technical and wordy but this author told the story effortlessly when introducing fairies, guardians, wizards and monsters.

This book is one of those you're reading non stop, whenever you get a chance. The main character Alise, is a fairy, and gets "help" from 2 tall dark and handsome guardians. Her best friend, Cassie, just discovers what A
Cathy Geha
May 07, 2015 rated it liked it
An intriguing premise for a paranormal book that I have a feeling will appeal most to those in their teens or early twenties. This story has a tortured fairy, two guardians, wizards, good and evil, some humans and plenty of action. I have a feeling that the next books will have more to offer than this first one as the author said the next two books were writing themselves as she was trying to finalize this one.

Thank you to the author for the opportunity of reading this book. I look forward to r
Cezarina Anghilac
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ioana Visan writes page turner books, and this one was not an exception. Actually, while reading „The Weight of a Wing”, I had the feeling I was in a kind of a book frenzy, as I kept stealing free moments from projects with hectic deadlines just to read a few more lines from the story. While not grand, the plot is tense, characters (though I didn't fall for Rake, who was a little bit of a cliché for my liking) are strong, intelligent and funny. It might seem as a light read, but I assure you thi ...more
Teri
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. I really enjoyed the book. A woman who turns out to be a fairy in hiding but is found and now in a race for her life. It helps that a few hunks and her friend are there right along with her. Some great writing and a decent story line make it hard to put down. A whole lot going on to keep you interested and turning the page. Can't wait for more.
John
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read Ioana Visan's other 2 series, Impaler Legacy and Broken People, both of which I enjoyed very much. She has another winner here with The Stolen Wings series. A broken fairy, 2 Guardians, a human (is she?) and a bunch of baddies add up to a great story. Can't wait to see where this takes me!
Andreea Pausan
Oct 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Surprisingly good, although the plot still needs unraveling. I would have liked to know more about why the faerie lost her wings (there are enough pages there). Good story line, the characters grow through their experiences so that we get attached to them, a fresh perspective on faeries and wizards and the connection between them. Overall, a nice afternoon read.
C4ROL
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow 5 Star read i really loved this book.loved everything about it the characters the story it kept me gripped right until the end. I cant wait for the next installment. I have love all Ioana Visan books so far & this is another great one to add to that list
Carrie Vos
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fantasy on the fast lane! Can't ask for more! Book was well written and all the characters had depth. It's the kind of book that will have your emotions going up and down and yet you won't be able to stop turning the pages. Looking forward to reading part II.
Angela Kitchen
Mar 28, 2016 rated it liked it
a 3.5....this book was obviously one of a series; i do like it when each book seems to resolve something before moving on.
Bahijah hasan
NANCY JOHNSON
Jul 15, 2015
Belynda Reidda
May 12, 2015
Award-winning writer Ioana Visan has always dreamed about reaching the stars, but since she can’t, she writes about it.

After fighting the apocalypse aftermath in “Human Instincts”, she played with shapeshifters in “Blue Moon Café Series: Where Shifters Meet for Drinks”, she dealt with vampires in “The Impaler Legacy” series, and then she designed prosthetics in “Broken People” before tackling lon

The Stolen Wings (2 books)
  • The Strength of a Heart (The Stolen Wings, #2)