Start by marking “Unscheduled Departure” as Want to Read:
Unscheduled Departure

Unscheduled Departure

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  73 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Rowan Elliott is devastated when her boyfriend, Finn, tells her he’s moving across the country to take over the family business, and thrilled when he changes his mind at the last minute and gets off the plane.

But then things get . . . weird. Finn’s acting strange, and Ro’s getting mysterious phone calls that have her questioning if her boyfriend’s really who she thinks he
Published March 2nd 2015 by Calava Press

To ask other readers questions about Unscheduled Departure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unscheduled Departure

Kathie (katmom)
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This one is FREE today!!! (always check, even though THIS one is worth the $$$, too!

THIS WAS FABULOUS!!! Yes, all caps. Ms. Franklin caught me with the intrigue, with the questions, with the paranormal, with the shivers she made me feel. I loved this. I sincerely love how she leads us through the twists and turns of the mystery.

Then...when you think you have it figured out...she throws more twists at you! It was delicious. While I enjoyed all of the books in this anthology, this is the one that
Rach Lawrence
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
When Rowan’s boyfriend Finn has to move across the country to run the family business, she’s understandably unhappy. But after parting with him at the airport, he suddenly changes his mind—or does he? Rowan begins to notice differences in the Finn in front of her and “her Finn,” and strange phone calls from him make her question who he really is.

Rowan and her best friend figure out what’s really going on, but then they have to convince Finn … and the other Finn … and try to put things right agai
Lindsey Gray
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-reads
Unscheduled Departure is the story of Rowan and Finn, or at least a version of the two. One decision creates a parallel universe and Ro ends up with a Finn that is not her Finn. Strange phone calls from a private number are from her Finn in another dimension. Franklin kept my mind engaged and my heart pounding as I read every word. A few twists and turns surprised and delighted me. I wouldn't expect anything less from the Paranormal Pro Franklin. She wrote a transcendental adventure that will ke ...more
Georgiann Hennelly
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Unscheduled Departure is Rowan and Finn's story. A delightful creepy short story.
One decision somehow opened up a parallel universe and Ro ends up with a Finn who isn't her Finn. She begins getting strange phone calls from a private number from Finn who is calling her from the parallel universe! What can she do? How can she get him back? An amazing but unsettling read. Reminded me of a Twilight Zone episode.
Chele
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
THE CHOICES WE MAKE.

This book is amazing. The choices we make and the ones we don't define our timeline .Join Ro as she navigates her way through the unsettling and strange choice she didn't realize she made.Edge of your seat intensity that will leaving you guessing.
I recommend this book to everyone.
Olivia Ard
Delightfully creepy short story! Fantastic writing and story-telling pleasantly reminiscent of The Twilight Zone.
Amanda Black
Apr 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. It was a fun read and I can't stress enough how much I love it when a book can surprise me. This is a super fast read so why not check it out? You won't be disappointed!
Nicole
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very well done, just wished there was more. I was enjoying it lol
Llaph | No Frill | No Shill
This was a nice and short read. It was entertaining, but since I read a lot of paranormal and urban fantasy books the bit where she took forever to cotton on to what was happening was a bit frustrating.
I didn’t really get how they were able to look up theories on what might’ve happened and like going to the right spot … and basically wishing real hard to get the switch done.
Despite all of my complaints and nit-picking I did enjoy the read, even though it doesn’t sound like it.
Rose David
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If anyone can tell a paranormal story it's TM. Because let me tell you, this story was like nothing I've ever read. In fact, that's how most of TM's stories are. She mixes romance in just right to make you root for the couple while throwing loops and turns in all over with some out of this world story telling. Now I'm left wondering two things.
1 - Who called at the end?
2 - Is this the real me or an alternate version of me?
Patricia
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This was an amazing book. This novella had an amazing story line that keeps you glued to the pages from start to finish! I definitely need a book two to know who was on the other line when she answered. The character were very well developed and the story was easy to follow. It definitely wasn't what I expected, but definitely reading more from this author.
Gabriella
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fun and crazy book that makes you believe that they are going insane, or you yourself are insane. Well written with a fast paced and fun story. I enjoyed it a lot more than I was expecting to. Definitely a worthwhile read.
Speed
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: awesome-read, fantasy
Great read!

Short and very interesting! I was pleasantly surprised to see Franklin's take on this story. Finn and Rowan were great! Loved it! 4 stars!!!
Quanita
Jun 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Very, very short read. College student gets calls from a blocked number supposedly from her boyfriend. He says he hasn't called, this is never really settled.
Jolanda Gelissen
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: supernatural
This book was a quick and captivating read. The story takes place over just a few days and centers around Rowan and Finn. Due to a family emergency, Finn has to return to his hometown of Chicago to – hopefully temporarily – take over his family’s business. Rowan is devastated but determined to be supportive.

The morning of his departure, she drives him to the airport. While waiting for his flight to take off, she debates texting him not to go. In the end, she settles on just telling him she’ll mi
Angel Leya
Jul 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ro's life is about to change - her boyfriend is moving across the country to run the family business. As he's leaving, she hovers in indecision, not wanting him to go, but not wanting to be the needy girlfriend. So she plays it safe, and just tells him she loves him. He unexpectedly returns, but something's not quite right. He kisses her... weirdly. She's can't identify why, and she slips into life as usual, but things just keep getting weirder. What's her boyfriend hiding, and can she get to th ...more
Mayra
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book started off a little slow for me, but about half way through, it got really interesting. My mind was really intrigued with all that was going on and the bits and pieces of details I was gathering and trying to put together about Ro and Finn and these life dimensions. It had a little bit of romance, some mystery, suspense, and science. It also was a little short for me as it left a lot of unanswered questions and I really just wanted to know more about the characters. Although short it ...more
Janet Arroyo
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I would like to thank T. M. Franklin for my free e-book of "Unscheduled Departure" in exchange for an honest review. This was a short exciting novel. Rowan didn't want to be the needy girlfriend when Finn needed to move across the country to help with the family business but on the other hand she wanted him to stay with her so so badly. Did her desires create some kind of paradox? This is a great book and has a great storyline. The subject it brings up has been debated by many people. I recommen ...more
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
A young woman takes her boyfriend to the airport waiting for him to leave. Instead he comes back but he's a drastically different person than the one she knows. This sets up a chain of events with improbable circumstances. What are these circumstances? Your answers await you in Unscheduled Departure.

The concept for this book is truly unique and intriguing too. The author pulled it off flawlessly. I'm definitely considering more of this author's work in the future and you should too.
Martina Dalton
Dec 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! I really enjoyed this story. Our lives are built on the many choices we make--some little and some big. What if you decided to take a job away from your home, family, and friends? What if you didn't? Where would your choice take you? In this one snapshot of a life's choice, you get to see a little of both sides. Reminiscent of the Twilight Zone and Stephen King's short stories, this one will have you turning pages late into the night to see what happens.
Roy
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
I favor the Everett interpretation.. you'd probably have to read the story to know what that means. I like the author's writing style. Just the right details and just the right amount of detail to make you feel as though you're actually there without getting too wordy. Real science is bent into fantasy to create a great little story I couldn't put down.
T.
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received Unscheduled Departure as a free copy from the author (via InstaFreebie). The gifting did not determine the review/rating, which reflects my honest opinion. "Oddly intriguing" was how I described this short story to my sister. While the plot was unusual, the writer kept me interested and wondering what would come next.
Little Star
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loved it. Couldn't put it down. I'm thinking of giving the trilogy "More" a chance now.
Vicki
Oct 20, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a little out there but I liked it.
The story was interesting and well written.
Josie Beckmann
Unique

I have to say that this was a very unique story. How everything was interwoven, it made for compelling and fast read. Loved it!
Jess Brown
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
T.M. Franklin never disappoints: always an intelligent, suspenseful read. I adore this short story.
Sunny Ware
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was a fun, fast read. left me wanting more!
Janet Rainey
Mar 10, 2015 rated it liked it
An unusual twist in the story, she writes this genre so well.
Elizabeth Jensen
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this short story! It was a suspenseful, thrilling ride with a couple of nice little twists! I would recommend this!!
Andrea (mrsaubergine)
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Creepy like an episode of The Twilight Zone, thought provoking, and very well written, as always with T.M. Franklin. A cracker of a short story.
« previous 1 3 next »
T.M. Franklin writes stories of adventure, romance, & a little magic. A former TV news producer, she decided making stuff up was more fun than reporting the facts. Her first published novel, MORE, was born during National Novel Writing month, a challenge to write a novel in thirty days. MORE was well-received, being selected as a finalist in the 2013 Kindle Book Review Best Indie Book Awards, ...more

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
    $8.99 $2.49
  • Running with the Demon (Word & Void #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth Book 2)
    $9.99 $2.49
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Quicksilver (The Baroque Cycle, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Book of the Unnamed Midwife (The Road to Nowhere, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Witch's Reign (Desert Cursed, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Into the Fire  (The Thin Veil #2)
  • The Sudden Appearance of Hope
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Path of the Storm (Evermen Saga, #3)
  • Rite of Passage
  • Flowertown
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Jilo (Witching Savannah #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Line (Witching Savannah, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Master Magician (The Paper Magician, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Compound (The Compound, #1)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Void (Witching Savannah, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Girl on a Wire (Cirque American #1)
  • One Rainy Night