Start by marking “BloodMarked” as Want to Read:
BloodMarked

Read Book

BloodMarked

(The Fraktioneers #1)

A ‘townie’ college student, living off campus with her overprotective mother, Greta Brandt thought everything about her life was right on track. Everything, except for the nightmares that have been plaguing her for as long as she can remember.
When her reality is torn apart, Greta finds herself adrift in a world she thought only existed in her fevered dreams. The only soul
Published March 1st 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about BloodMarked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about BloodMarked

Start your review of BloodMarked
Lu J Whitley
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I wrote it. Of course I think it's amazing!
Christina McMullen
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ah! It's been a while since I've sank my teeth into a nice paranormal romance and what a nice welcome back to the genre this is. The story is familiar: A seemingly ordinary girl learns that she is much more than ordinary and it just so happens that there is a devilishly sexy guy available to acclimate her to her new life as the chosen one.
However...
Don't start ho-humming and rolling your eyes just yet! Sure, the bones are paranormal romance standard, but it's the meat that makes this story uniq
Paul Williams
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An intriguing story that is well written and extremely well set out. the author creates characters that each show strengths and weaknesses, yet gives the story that deserved flavour and aroma...it is definitely a rose in a garden of weeds.
The author has a good grip on this genre and shows great skill in the way she crafts her magic upon the page..

A fascinating read which becomes a great book as you progress deeper into its alluring text and well crafted narration.

blooming brilliant from a bloss
C.K. Dawn
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Bound to be a NY Times Bestseller!

I have definitely been Marked! When I was half way through the book (not even half way actually), I found myself checking how many pages where left because I didn’t want the story to end. BloodMarked is brilliant and refreshing and an unexpected treat from an amazing Indie author. The Fraktioneers Series has been set up beautifully to be a sexy, snarky, witty and much needed breath of fresh air in the paranormal and fantasy genres. I won’t give any spoilers here
Carrie
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jami is yummy.
Greta can do things she doesn't quite understand. I'm sure they'll tell her 'later'.
Stein... I want his story. He's a.... large man. (wink, wink)

I liked this book from start to finish. While, it is paranormal, Greta is still a college girl so her way of thinking is very relatable.

I'm going to be stalking Lu for the next installment. Count on it.
Les
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I only occasionally read Paranormal and/or Urban Fantasy. I'm more of a Sci-Fi kind of guy, but I kept running across this book and the cover jumped out at me every time. I find the face with the center of a pentagram circling the eye and the blues and purples very appealing. Maybe you're not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but a nice design like this should get people in the door.

Overall, there were a lot of good points to this story. The characters are likable and have some interesting
Jessica Wren-Wilson
You saw your mother die an unspeakable death. You then get kidnapped by a fearsome (but mysteriously sexy) stranger who insists he trying to carry you to safety. You spend the next few days on the run with said fearsome and mysteriously sexy stranger and find your lust for him growing exponentially. You are then separated from your fearsome and mysteriously sexy friend and find yourself in a gigantic castle equipped with all sorts of Medieval torture devices. When you demand to speak to the pers ...more
Lynne Murray
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review and I had a great time reading it!

I enjoyed reading, BloodMarked the first in Lu J. Whitley’s Fraktioneers Saga. The book is told from alternating points of view of the heroine and the hero--Greta Brandt, a young college student and Jaromir Ragnarsson, the 800-year-old guardian she didn’t know she had. Jaromir, the “J” is pronounced “Y” and he invites her to call him Jami. pronounced “Yummy” which pretty much describes his super-hot
Morana Blue
Mar 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
BloodMarked wasn't at all what I'd anticipated. I'm, in the main, a stranger to paranormal stories so didn't quite know what to expect - but BloodMarked weaved a fast-paced action-packed tale pitting noble characters of old world myth (I pretty much fell for Stein, the super-huge super-buff totally charming rune-tattooed troll) against darker creatures borne from the unknowable world of the author's imagination; it's a modern world, today's world - but the creatures therein, with their eons-old ...more
Chrissy Moon
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wild ride indeed!

There are so many things to love about this book, but since the most important thing to me is an author's style, let's talk about that first.

I love Lu Whitley. Plain and simple. First, she is not a slave to cliche, which is most appreciated. The author does not narrate the way one would expect, and most importantly, the main character, Greta, is not a helpless idiot. She certainly has her issues like a normal, well-rounded character would, but she is not weak, and she doesn't op
Linda
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
What a thrill-ride, Greta Brandt is a twenty-three year old college student living at home with her German immigrant mother. Her father died eighteen years ago when she was only five years old. She suffers nightmares about that night repeatedly. Now, the Takers (Bortbytingen) have found her again and they won’t stop until they have her.

Jaromir Ragnarsson has been assigned by The Fraktioneers (a highly secret organization) to protect her at all costs. When Jaromir is trying to tell Greta how to p
Morwen
Mar 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
To open, I want to state that I received a free copy of this ebook in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoy paranormal romance, and Lu Whitley does not disappoint. Greta Brandt is a typical college student and athlete - a little flippant, and certainly not someone who would consider herself out of the ordinary. She's very familiar to me, from my own experience in college and now watching my own child navigate that journey. Jaromir Ragnarsson is far outside anyone's realm of experience, although
Jennifer Thompson
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a thriller! You meet Greta, a college girl living with her mom. You may think she’s normal until she comes home to something in her kitchen. It used to be an old acquaintance, used to be. Now it was something else, something that Greta couldn’t explain. Before she can blink her eyes, her mother is dead and she is off with a man she doesn’t know.
Finding out what’s going on turns out to be a challenge. Then Greta learned there was something strange about her too. Her world is turned upside do
Carole Parkes
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lu J Whitley demonstrates her wonderful talent for creative writing well in this, her debut book. Even though her fantasy characters are purely fictional, they’re created with remarkable skill and utterly believable. It’s the same with the setting. A modern-day world co-existing with the living remnants of a much older one, yet, it doesn't seem odd at all when you’re reading it. Not even when two unlikely characters like the troll, Stein, and Jami, the 800 year old guardian of Greta, both take a ...more
Liz
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
PLEASE TELL ME THERE WILL BE A SECOND BOOK. This book was absolutely amazing. I will start off by saying that I won this through Goodreads First Read giveaway; I am so happy that I did, because I love love love this book. Any paranormal romance fan will be instantly captivated and drawn in by this one. The main character Greta goes through so much in this story. Her life had always been different, but she never knew the extent of it all. Her world gets turned upside down, and life as she knew it ...more
Lorraine
Aug 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star, paranormal
I enjoyed this book immensely. It's easy to read and clips along at a good pace.
The story is told from different viewpoints, alternating between the heroine and the hero.
The plot flows well with plenty of twists, turns and action.
The descriptions pull you into the book and you feel involved in the story.
The characters are well developed, Greta is gutsy heroine with attitude, Jaromir (aka Yummy)is a hot vampire who has problems controlling his inner beast and Stein is a charming, muscle-bound, ta
Miranda Shanklin
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book took me in and kept me trapped. From the very beginning I had a really hard time putting it down so that I could sleep and go to work and all the things that interrupt my reading. I just wanted to curl up and not put it down until I was done. I found myself cursing my kindle when it wouldn't let me turn the page to get more of the story.

This is not the same paranormal story that you hear over and over again. It is a completely new concept and I am impatiently awaiting the next book in
Kimberly Vanderbloom
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Overal I was impressed with this book. It took me a chapter to get into it but once I did I was hooked. I liked the world building and the characters. My favorite character was The Takers. I thought they were terrifying. I enjoyed the flow of the story and the raw emotions of the characters. I thought they were likable. My favorite moment was near the beginning when Greta wakes up in a crap motel with a half naked god of a man in her bathtub. Her reaction was hilarious. I am looking forward to r ...more
Timothy Bateson
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
A great start to the series

BloodMarked is a great series starter, with a lot of twists and turns. The dynamics between Jami and Greta area complex and ever changing as she learns more and more about him, and his curse.
Reading this in my iPad, I did encounter some issues with the formatting, where it wasn't clear in terms of text layout where scenes changed, but that is easily overcome by the clear writing and exciting plot.
Kelly Akemann
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was given this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I enjoyed this one as I do love a good paranormal romance. I would give this one a 3-1/2 star honestly.
I enjoyed the well-developed characters and storyline. I feel this writer has a potentially favorable career in writing. I particularly Greta and Jaromir's relationship - complex yet simple. Loved it!
Definitely worth reading if you like paranormal romance.
A. Rick
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A real page turner.

I don't normally read anything in the romance genre but thought I'd give it a try because it's paranormal aspect looked interesting. Glad I did.

Although I did skip through the 'romance' scenes, the rest was good enough to keep me glued to my Kindle. I especially liked the tie-ins to mythology and can't wait for more characters like Stein and Gus.

The sequel is definitely on my TBR list and will probably be bumped to the front so hurry it up Lu.
Mike Russell
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy paranormal and fantasy fiction but don't usually go for romance - but I still really enjoyed BloodMarked, including the romantic bits. All the characters are likeable and interesting and each could hold their own book. It never got boring and it felt more like watching a film than reading a book. Loved it!
Marie
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I picked this book up and couldn't put it down!
I was snagged into this exciting and steamy tale of Greta and Jami, aka Yums, and I didn't want to resurface. Lu Whitley's snarky humor and intriguing story line hooked me. Her amazing characters and heartbreaking situations reeled me in. I am now caught in her web! Cannot wait for the next book.
Markie
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful tale of suspense, full of twists and turns. You follow Greta, who is a young college student and gets caught up in something that began centuries before she was born. She is forced to watch her mother murdered, and she's on the run with a giant stranger who doesn't give her much in the way of answers. There's even a touch of old Nordic gods and mythology.
BEVERLY SCHWEHR
Mar 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Good start

A little tedious. Book you could put down and come back to weeks later and pick right back up. Did like end...Will have to read next part to see what happens...very smart on authors part.
J. Kahele
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very interesting story

I really loved the female lead Greta she was sassy, strong and funny. The male lead Jami was your hunky, hot Greek god male. The author did a wonderful job of taking a complex story and telling it in a way that was easy to read.
Wendy Johnson
Sep 12, 2015 rated it liked it
It was good. The monsters at first reminded me of 'Men in Black', but it's filled with mystical creatures. The story continually develops throughout with a slight twist at the end!
Shawn
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Loved this book. Had twists and turns I didn't see coming. Definitely worth the read. Would
Recommend this book.. fun fast pace, full of magic and mystery.
Scott Borgman
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Storyline, characters, fast-paced... well worth reading!!
Phillip Stephens
Aug 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Gripping Read. Not so happy ending for readers.

The paranormal romance (PNR) genre rarely breaks out of rigidly defined formulas. The heroine, usually a human who may or may not have latent powers of her own, takes on the supernatural world only to get limerent* with one or many supernatural creatures (most often a vampire or werewolf). Quite often she becomes conflicted about this romance, but always succumbs to his otherworldly charms before kicking apocalyptic ass and saving the world.

Lu Whitl
Trail-Mix Readers: Bloodmarked 4 10 Sep 20, 2015 01:17PM
The Book Shelf: This topic has been closed to new comments. July Read: Bloodmarked 3 20 Jul 06, 2015 01:02PM
Indie Book Club: Memorial Day Special - New Paranorrmal Romance BloodMarked $.99 on B&N 3 4 May 13, 2015 01:17PM
Once upon a time, in a land far, far away, a little girl was born who was just a little odd around the edges. One thing led to another, and now you’re reading her stories.
Lu is a full-time writer who lives a quiet life with her husband and four-legged children.
Follow her on Facebook: www.facebook.com/AuthorLuJWhitley