Start by marking “Should've Said No (Thistle Bend, #1)” as Want to Read:
Should've Said No (Thistle Bend, #1)

Should've Said No

(Thistle Bend #1)

Welcome to Thistle Bend! Perfect for fans of Susan Mallery, this charming series debut introduces a small town where old secrets are revealed—and wounded hearts are opened to new love.

A year after being laid off from the Smithsonian, Lindsey Simms says yes to a job offer as curator of a heritage museum in Thistle Bend, Colorado (population 1,519). It could be worse—and it i
Published November 24th 2015 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Should've Said No, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Should've Said No

Start your review of Should've Said No (Thistle Bend, #1)
Claire Robinson
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: love-swept
4 - "Roots go deep here." Stars!

Tracy March is an author new to me, and the first book in her new Thistle Bend series was an absolutely stellar introduction to her writing.

There is a little bit of everything going on in this book, which kept me as a reader on my toes. Lindsey Simms has moved to the town to set up the new Museum, and as you can expect being a small town, not all families are on the friendliest of terms, history runs deep here and memories are long, and that is the c
BookLover
ARC requested through Netgalley, and kindly provided by Random House Publishing Group in exchange for a honest review.

Lindsey is down on her luck. Thanks to some distant relatives, she finds herself in a new town with a new job and right smack in the middle of a blood feud that’s older than anyone in the town. Add in the sexy Carden, who just happens to be on the opposite side of the feud as Lindsey and the stage is set for a great story!

I loved this book!!! I settled right in to T
Bette Hansen
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the first in a new series from this author and what a great start it is!! We are introduced to Thistle Bend, Colorado. A quaint small town filled with all the quirky characters you would expect to find, a couple of century long feuding families, and a town newcomer that is inevitably thrown in the middle. In this case Lindsey Simms is the newcomer and setting up the towns new museum is her job. Since the history of this town includes the land deal turn feud she has to get this part right ...more
CL
 photo LIASOM_zps9e498f89.png

ARC received from: Netgalley

Rating: 3.5*

Cover: Yay

Trope: Small town romance

Chemistry: Low Boil

One-Sentence Summary: A museum curator gets embroiled in a small town feud

Review: This was a very cute small town romance. My gripes with it lies with the fact that there were some notable time-jumps and I didn't understand why it took so long for Carden and Lindsey to get back together after the true history of the feud was revealed.

Heather andrews
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Carden is sweet, cute and his mind often wanders, “sounds decadent.” She set her gaze on him and lifted her eyebrows. “Want some? I could probably be persuaded to share.” His heart thundered. Did he ever. He wanted plenty of whatever she was offering." Carden is seriously a country boy, “grilling . . . Kissing . . .” He brushed his lips over hers, teasingly light and feathery. “Take your pick, darlin’,” I think this is going to be a great series, a small town feel and loving characters.
Janet Robel
Oct 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Unforgettable characters and small-town charm are the hallmarks of this book. Lovely build-up of the romance with plenty of sizzle. I loved the whole Hatfields and McCoys theme here. Lindsey and Carden were both likable right from the start. Readers of contemporary romance will want to try this author.
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
SHOULD'VE SAID NO is a cute, sweet and fun series beginner about family, love, secrets and a feud spanning several generations, very much in the vein of the Hatfields and the McCoys, only without the bloodshed. From the first page, it's very clear the direction of the story but the journey to the happy ending for Lindsey and Carden is so much fun that it's easy to hang on for the ride with them. I really enjoyed this story but my favorite thing about it has got to be the location. The breathtaki ...more
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Received ARC in exchange for honest review.
Should’ve Said No is a romantic story with some comedy mixed in. This story follows Lindsey and her move to a new town to try and restart her life. There she meets several wonderful and funny people, while also trying to solve the long time dispute between two major families within the town. What follows is sweet and romantic, while also being funny and sad at times.
Tracy March is the author of this wonderful book and I loved how she used th
Didi

Welcome to Thistle Bend, Colorado - crime rates zero - where you could leave the house unlocked nobody would steal anything. The town's citizens were so laid back and close-knitted, everybody knew everybody's business - which meant it's hard to keep secret. But the biggest secret yet is to be revealed here in this book.

Should've Said No is a modern tale of Hatfield and McCoy land dispute which went back four generations. Though the dispute was more on how one family member jumped over the other family bid to buy the land way back when.

Our heroine was placed smack in the middle; being adopted into one family and building up relationship with a progeny of another.

Reading this was like watching a rom com movie with quirky supporting characters. Front and center was Lindsey Simms, a city girl who got laid off from her DC's Smithsonian Museum position. She's a likeable character - passionate about her work and loyal to those involved in her life. Promising to keep her words put her budding romance at stake. But she didn't wallow in it and instead powered on.

The love interest, the most eligible bachelor in Colorado, Carden Crenshaw was a too good to be true hero. He got look, personality and stability - in another words: he's filthy rich. PLUS: he's the town's famous handyman.

What's not to love about him, right? Except, I felt he's waaay too slow in putting wrong (moves) to right. Perhaps he was bidding his time, the right moment and all that crap. But this non action of his really compromised my judgement.

That, and the closing chapter being too all-casts-gathered-together to give a perfect happy ending. Sometimes, too perfect could become imperfect to me.

That said, I truly enjoyed reading this story. A nice introduction to Tracy March's works. And this was the start of a new series, which means there's more to Thistle Bend folks I get to see in the coming books.

Note:
ARC was kindly provided by the publisher via NetGalley for the exchange of a fair and honest review.
Amy R
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Happy sigh. Should've Said No by Tracy March is a charming, sexy contemporary romance story. The plot is original and the characters are amazing. I am such a character-driven reader and Should've Said No definitely met that interest of mine. Carden (hero) and Lindsey (heroine) are easy to read about. They had their flaws but you instantly liked them without thinking they were over-the-top perfect. Lindsey is so inspiring and I love when characters can do that for me.

March created Thi
Mandy
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Lindsey moves to the small town of Thistle Bend, Colorado to help set up their heritage museum There is a land dispute between the Karlssons (Lindsey's family) and the Crenshaws and Lindsey is expected to find the truth about the land and make an impartial decision. . Lindsey tries to stay objective and nobody in town knows she's a relative of the Karlssons but the real problem for Lindsey is when she falls for a Crenshaw. Carden Crenshaw is in charge of the family trust. He had his heart broken ...more
Nancy Naigle
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic-mystery
I loved this book. Especially the setting ... out west in Colorado where I've never been before. That's the great thing about Tracy's books, she always takes me on a little voyage and gives me the feeling I've spent time in a new place.
"Should've Said No" is a wonderful story of family, honor, trust and generations of unexpected secrets. Meet a quirky cast of characters in this masterful marriage of old town history and current-day quandaries. Escape to the quaint mountain town of Thistle
Chris N
Aug 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have to say the I really enjoyed this book. Lindsey didn't have an easy time of it being stuck in the middle of a family feud. Feeling pressure from both families to be represented in the top billing of a new museum made things harder for her. Carden is hot! When sparks fly between them it's hot and heavy. Both have been hurt and Lindsey has a secret of her own that might break both their hearts but will the feud come between them?

I loved the story line. It's something fresh and di
Deniz
Aug 21, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: just-no
1.5 Stars

And I am feeling like I was robbed. Those $2.99 I spent on this? Yeah I regret spending them, I really really do. That happens really rarely.

I had such high hopes for this.I thought this was going to be funny and cute. A lovely cute & fluffy... with a little bit of nice smut thrown in... but it was meh.

Look it's not completely and utterly terrible- well, it's just... predictable, too mooshy, over the top cliche and everything insta.
Just not my thing
Strider28
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-mystery
Fun loving romance story wrapped in mystery with a couple of “characters”, pun intended, too boot.
Lindsey Simms, has traveled all the way across the country from Washington, D. C. to Thistle Bend, Colorado to accept her new position as curator of the Thistle Bend Mountain Heritage Museum, or what will be a museum once she converts an old building that once housed a gas station among other small businesses. It was a long way from her job at the Smithsonian!
Determined to prove her wort
Linda
Nov 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
An Entertaining Small-Town Romance!

Teeth clenched, she swiped the light switch next to the door, but all she got was a 'click.'
'Click, click.'
"Ugh," Lindsey moaned. She'd need to flip a breaker, and for that she'd need a flashlight. But that would only fix things if the power was actually on.
"I'm working on that." The deep voice with a drawl came from the dark hallway, and the man that matched it stepped out of the shadows.

SHOULD'VE SAID NO by Tracy March is a l
Audrey
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Received from the publisher on NetGalley for an honest review..
This was a fun heart warming mystery romance!! Lindsey moves from the big city of Washington D.C. to a small town in Colorado. She has moved to take a position as a Museum Curator....well when she converts an old old building into the museum, it's definitely not the job she just left at the Smithsonian. All Lindsey wants to do is work her way back into the big city museum...Virginia or even back to D.C.
Lindsey rents an apartme
Liza
Nov 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
***4.5 out of 5 stars***

I was super excited to see Tracy March had a new book out and even happier to see it was the first book in a series.

I loved Lindsey Simms from the moment she appeared on the page. She was such a strong character; especially driving across country to start a new job in an area she had never even visited before. I liked that she wanted to get her career started back up by setting up the Thistle Bend Heritage Museum and her long-term plans were to ret
Kimberly (Kimmy Loves to Read)
I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I loved everything about this book. It takes place in a small town and has wonderful, quirky characters that know everyone else's business. And then throw in the feuding families and you got a great story.

Lindsey is a distant relative of the Karlssons, who have been at odds with the Crenshaws for years. One family thinks that the other stole land from them, which is a mystery she has to figure out as curator o
Christine
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Where do I even start?! This is my first book by Tracy March and after reading this, I am definitely reading more books in this series. Should've Said No takes place in a small town called Thistle Bend. Although it's not real, it was based off of Crested Butte, Colorado (gonna add that to my list), which is filled with various mom & pop stores, beautiful scenery, and a handful of interesting characters. March reels you in to become part of it and it's just so darn cute.

It starts off with Li
Jody ~ Reading To Live A Thousand More Lives
This was a wonderful book, I read this in one day. It was such a wonderful love story I could not put it down. I would have posted a review online but the book is not out yet.

Lindsey Simms comes to Thistle Bend, Colorado (population 1,519) because she offered the position as the curator of a heritage museum that the town will be opening. soon. She made the move for two different reasons, she was laid off from the Smithsonian museum in DC and to get away from a man that broke her heart in a very
Yvonne Cruz
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing

I am new to Tracy March’s books and have become a quick fan.
This story takes us to Thistle Bend, CO with a population of only 1519. Typical of small towns, there are friendship as well as feuds. Usually within the founding families.
Lindsey was laid off her job at the Smithsonian Museum in DC and after a year of unemployment, got a job in this small town, thanks to her great-aunt’s influence. She is to gather information about the town, so that they can open a museum about Thistle Ben
Katie Battaglia
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Netgalley for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for my honest review!

Should've Said No follows the wonderful love story of Carden and Lindsey. After being laid off from the Smithsonian in D.C, Lindsey takes on a museum job in Thistle Bend, Colorado. She is determined to find out the long kept secrets of the Karlsson and Crenshaw feud that has been going on for centuries. But she doesn't expect to fall head over heels for a Crenshaw, especially when she is pretty much a Kar
Books Laid Bare
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 out of 5
Get your happy on with this remarkable contemporary romance.
This is the sort of book that I just love to snuggle up with and devour. It gives me romance without the high drama but makes me work for it. It draws the outline beautifully and with it’s stunning descriptions I am able to colour in the pictures in my mind.
I adored this book.
I loved the whole family angst situation going on between the Hatfield’s and McCoy’s and I love the fact that the main characters ar
circumspect4
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
See full review can be read at http://booklovercircumspect4.com

This was a well-written romance with an amazing underlying mystery. I loved Lindsey as a happy-go-lucky, courageous woman who travels cross country to take a job as a curator for a new museum. Little does she know, there is a long standing feud between Lindsey's relatives, the Karlssons, and the Crenshaws that she is about to become involved in and expected to solve. With Lindsey's warmheartedness, she takes on the quest with passion. However, complication
WiLoveBooks
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lindsey is new in the small town of Thistle Bend. She has come for a new job, but there is more to it than she expected. Meets Carden right away and there is an instant attraction that they both try to fight. Both are reminded of past mistakes and don't want to make them again. I loved this. The characters are great and the story is sweet and romantic. I loved reading about their dates. There is also a bit of mystery as Lindsey tries to do her job. I recommend this one for lovers of sweet romanc ...more
Karen
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I think the book cover fits the book perfectly and I just adored the book. Characters are well developed and plot is very interesting. Carden is a catch. ARC from NetGalley.
Meaghan
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
Lindsey and Carden were fun to read and I adored the little town and the cast of characters. I look forward to more!
MeganTheNinja
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's the type of book that makes you smile as you're reading it :)
Christa
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-arc
Last updated on 19 May 2017
This was a good contemporary romance. I liked the main characters, Lindsey and Carden. Lindsey moves to a small town in Colorado in order to run a small museum. Her great aunt and uncle are the ones who turn her on to the job opening, but they don't want her to acknowledge their relationship once she gets there. Lindsey is expected to find records documenting what really happened in a feud well over a hundred years ago. She is very uncomfortable once she realizes
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Wild About Her Wingman (Secret Wishes, #3)
  • Smittened (Misfit Brides, #3)
  • An Officer and a Rebel (Accidentally in Love, #2.5)
  • Dangerous Desire
  • Hot Beach Romance: Sand, Sunshine and Sizzle
  • The Bouquet List
  • Digital Velocity (McAllister Justice Series #1)
  • If I Can't Let Go
  • Chasing Casey (Off Limits Duet, #2)
  • Dating the Prince  (Lindzee's Royal Secrets #2)
  • Wildest Dreams (Hope Falls)
  • Paranormal Realities (A Paranormal Romantic Suspense Box Set)
  • Forgotten (McKenzie Ridge, #3)
  • Wish Upon a Wedding (Cricket Creek, #10)
  • Her Holiday Family (Texas Grooms, #5)
  • Enchanting the Duke (His Majesty's Hounds #5)
  • Let's Pretend
Award-winning author Tracy March writes romantic thrillers and lighthearted romances inspired by her real-life happily ever after.

Always up for travel and adventure, Tracy has flown in a stunt plane, snowmobiled on the Continental Divide, ziplined in the Swiss Alps, and been chased by a bull in the mountains of St. Lucia. She loves Nationals baseball, Saturday date nights, and Dairy Qu

Thistle Bend (3 books)
  • Just Say Maybe (Thistle Bend, #2)
  • Could've Said Yes (Thistle Bend, #3)
“Lindsey imagined him looking like a model in his business clothes, shopping for toilet parts for her. Perfect. What girl wouldn't want a smokin' hot guy associating her with toilet parts?” 1 likes
“I’m scared as hell to fall for you… But I’m more terrified to let you go.” 0 likes