Start by marking “Racing Hearts (Hamilton Stables, #1)” as Want to Read:
Racing Hearts (Hamilton Stables, #1)

Racing Hearts (Hamilton Stables #1)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  67 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
In the lush heart of Kentucky, the Hamiltons are racing royalty. To win takes heart and soul—and to love takes the wild spirit of the land itself…

The oldest of three headstrong brothers, Trip Hamilton is considered the best horse trainer in the world. He is focused on winning and nothing more, until a stubborn, sexy rider thunders back into his life, breaking his resolve—a
Kindle Edition
Published October 27th 2015 by Lyrical Shine

To ask other readers questions about Racing Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Racing Hearts

Melissa West
Mar 01, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
7/31: It's up on Netgalley!

This book is a blend of contemporary romance and women's fiction. It's full of romance, lots of humor, and features a sassy female jockey and a sexy racehorse trainer, who wears flannel shirts and worn jeans and will make you grin from the first chapter to the last. And then he'll smirk at you while you do it!

I can't wait for you to meet Trip and the rest of the Hamilton brothers!
Erin Arkin
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
You all know of my love of all the things Melissa West writes so it won’t be a surprise for you to know that I loved the first book of the Racing Hearts series she has written. Now, I don’t tend to read a lot of straight romance books but I jumped at the chance to read this new one because I trust this author to write a fantastic story and build out some well-developed characters. You will not be surprised to know, I loved this one and can’t wait to read more of this series.

Emery has grown up in
Stacee
Oct 21, 2015 rated it liked it
I recently read another of Melissa's books and I really enjoyed it, so I was eager to read something else of hers.

I did like Emery and Trip. I loved how stupid they were for each other, but the constant flashbacks of their relationship instead of someone actually acting on their feelings got old quite fast. Ditto for the push and pull of playful banter and need to stay away.

Overall, I did like the story and of course the ending. There were some interesting secondary characters {especially his
Rachel Harris
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An emotional story filled with heart, humor, and second chances, Racing Hearts is a love letter to small towns, southern pride, and the heartbeat of all tight communities--its strong families. I laughed, I cried, and I never wanted to leave. An incredible story!
diana
Shelves: my-favorite, arc
Rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

It seems like I just keep repeating myself but I'll say it again: Melissa West is freakin' genius!
And now I'm having trouble thinking of what to say in my review. If I just said I absolutely LOVE everything about Racing Hearts will that be enough to convince everyone to grab this book as soon as it's out?

I had an amazing time reading this book. I didn't read it in one sitting though (like I usually do with Melissa's books) because I wanted to prolong my time with it. And l
Teresa Mary Rose
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

I can always count on Melissa West to deliver a sweet romance and that is exactly what Racing Hearts is. This is the perfect book for when you need a light and sweet romance with characters you’ll want to root for.

I am a big fan of second chance romances, so I had a feeling I would enjoy Racing Hearts and I did. It was a sweet read and I liked watching these two find their way back to one another. I personally didn’t think their reasons for initial
Silvana [The Book Voyagers]
Damn. Racing Hearts was just what I needed. Horse racing royalty? Check. Second chance romance? Check. A woman who wants to be the first female jockey to win the Derby? Check. A horse whisperer with cowboy boots and a killer smile? Check, check, check.

Melissa West took it out of the park. It had feeling and heart, all in a nice little ball I was not expecting. I truly did not expect for this story to hit me so hard in the chest. Every sentence thrown at me was powerful and it held so much in it
 Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Yosbe  Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
What a horrible cover...

Looks like a cowboy story from 1950...

Bad design, poorly edition... it looks cheap #HonestyIsBitter

description
Amy
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
“Life is never easy. Decisions are never easy, but I’d always rather move forward than stand still. I can correct my mess-ups, but I can’t bring back a lost moment. I can’t ask for the rainbow to reappear, the wish to return. It’s all a gamble. You have to choose whether you want to watch the race…or run it.”

Racing Hearts was such a sweet read. This is the type of book that you go into knowing that it’s going to take you for a ride, but leave you with the biggest smile on your face. And let me t
Jeraca
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, new-adult-novels
I received this free eARC from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

Eeek! I was extremely excited to get this MONTHS early! I have read every book by Melissa West and will continue reading her amazing novels, so getting this early was an awesome present for me :)

And I really loved this story. For some reason, even though I'm scared of horses and have only been around them once, horse racing is a fascination of mine that I love to read/watch. Have you seen the show "Wildfire"? No? Where ha
Bette Hansen
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Emery is tough and determined to get back into racing regardless of what her parents think about it. The fact that she hasn't been able to get back on a horse shouldn't be a problem right?? It appears though that the only way to do that is to go to the one man she's ever loved and who had walked away from her when she was 17. Trip has worked hard to earn his sterling reputation, so he never should have said yes to Emery. Unfortunately he had always had a hard time telling her no and it would app ...more
Rhonda Ziglar
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Racing Hearts by Melissa West is a book that you don't want it to end. I read this book in about 5 hours with one break...I could not put it down. The characters were so well written I felt like I knew them. Emery and Trip had such chemistry throughout this story. Trip is a hot horse trainer with attitude, what more could you ask for in a book boyfriend. Emery such a beautiful horse jockey that is a very strong woman. This story had what I like in my books second chance romance, sweet, fun, happ ...more
Catherine
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads, romance
I received this book free through Goodreads First Reads.

This book has everything that a sweet/cute book needs: horses, racing, romance, humor. I liked how the book started off with Emery at a low point in her life and lets us watch as she regains her confidence, with help from Trip, through out the book. Love all the banter between the brothers.

Cannot wait to read more about the Hamilton brothers in her next book.
Siobhan
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am so thrilled that I got to read this book so early(thanks Melissa!). I loved these characters, their families and their love for horses and racing! Also if you are looking for a swoon worthy leading man than look no further than Trip Hamilton! So much yum!!!
Tammy
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book by a new to me author. It brought tears to my eyes more than once. The emotions, the characters, the story all were great. I can't wait for the next book. I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Mary
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet, refreshing, fun summer read!
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seriously loved this book. Love the characters :) can't wait to read the rest of the series!
Jeannie Zelos
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
Racing Hearts,  Melissa West

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre:  Romance,
Well, I’m a sucker for anything involving horses and this had some great reviews...sadly having struggled through it – to the point I nearly abandoned it a few times – its not one for me. There’s nothing actually wrong with it, except that it just didn’t move me, I felt indifferent at best to the characters and annoyed at worst.
Horses? A book about racing that’s what you’d expect, yes? Except you’d be wrong. Ther
Book Gannet
This book was an okay read. Some parts of it were enjoyable, but others much less so and there were times when I wasn’t certain I would finish it. My main issues were always with Emery.

Yes, she had a terrible accident and it must have been frustrating and hurtful to have her father lose all faith in her. However, that didn’t give her the right to waltz around like a spoilt brat. The way she treats Trip is appalling. He’s supposed to be her boss, but she doesn’t listen to him, she does whatever
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
I want to thank Lyrical Shine for providing me with a copy of this book to read and review. Receiving this book for free has in no way altered my opinion or review.

I don't usually read books marked as adult, but I love Melissa West, so reading anything she writes is a must. And I was not disappointed in this book in the least. To say it gave me to feels is an understatement. I laughed, I cried, and my heart soared at the wonderful story West has penned.

Emery lost everything two years ago when sh
Jessica
Shelves: new-adult, reviewed
3.5/5 stars

Melissa West has really found her niche in writing sweet contemporary romances. Her books are guaranteed to put a dreamy smile on your face and you can't help but fall in love right along with the characters. I felt the same with this book, the first in her new Hamilton Stables series. The second chance romance, the small town feel, and the thrill of rediscovering your passion all come together to infuse this story with life.

I did feel the story took a bit to get going though. There i
Jen
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read the full review on Bookaholics Not-So-Anonymous.

Note: This ARC was provided by Kensington Books in exchange for an honest review.

Racing Hearts is the first novel in the Hamilton Stables series from author Melissa West and this is a second chance romance set in world of horses and horse-racing in the state of Kentucky. Emery Carlisle and Trip Hamilton met and fell in love when she was seventeen and he was twenty but things ended when Trip accepted a job as an assistant horse trainer elsewher
Staci
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ok let's be honest. We normally don't read stories if it has an aspect we aren't very familiar with or normally interested in. Take this story, for example. I'm normally not big on stables or horse stories because I haven't been around it much and I have a preconceived notion of these types of people because I live in a small town with farmers. I stereotyped. In my opinion all horse lovers and owners were the same. I've since learned that farmers and rodeo queens are entirely different than bree ...more
Emma
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book from the first chapter, it is unlike any book I have read. Such a a clever storyline that is full of funny, sad and beautiful moments. The characters are so lovable, the setting of a country town is really well thought of and I would definitely recommend reading this series. I gotta admit I love a nice romance/funny story and I have already preordered the second book!!! Go and give the amazing author Melissa West a follow and read Racing Hearts
Enjoy the read!!
Kristie Verdurmen
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm a sucker for a second chance romance. This is an emotional story that's for sure. The story has love and humor (another fave of mine) I also have a soft spot for horses, so this book really appealed to me.

This book will put you through every emotion, it will make you laugh and cry and everything in between. I would definitely recommend this read to my friends.

I will say the cover makes the book look alot older and doesn't do it justice, at first glance I would pass it over as it looks like a
Bec_BookMagicReviews

Review Posted at HarlequinJunkie.com

After a serious race fall derails her career as a jockey, Emery Carlisle has finally decided it’s time to get back in the saddle. Convincing Trip Hamilton – the best horse trainer in the area, if not the world – for help won’t be easy, especially when they share an interesting past. But if anyone can assist her in achieving her dream, it’s Trip, and there’s no way she’ll allow him to refuse her. Read More
Rochelle Renee
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love story brimming with passion, horse racing and lush green hills of Kentucky. Highly recommend to anyone who has the "horse bug" and those who love romance. I've been an avid reader of horse stories since age four, so when I found this fabulous book by Melissa West, I couldn't put it down! Her prose is smooth, her dialogue snappy, and you can't help but be drawn into the euphoric realm of love! Bravo, Melissa!! 5 stars out of 5.
Jennifer Schultheis
marianne wojcicki
Sep 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Nook books: June 9, 2017 1 3 Jun 10, 2017 06:39PM
  • '90s Playlist (Romance Rewind, #1)
  • Rush (Palm South University, #1)
  • Finding Center (District Ballet Company #2)
  • Last First Kiss (Brightwater, #1)
  • The Dark Space
  • A Matter of Trust (A Matter of Trust, #1)
  • Bedmates (American Royalty, #1)
  • Hold On to Me (All or Nothing, #2)
  • Between Everything and Us (Sutton College, #1)
  • Days Like This
  • Crashing Down (Stone Cliff, #1)
  • This is One Moment (Come Back to Me, #2)
  • Start Me Up (Hearts and Crafts, #1)
  • Rebound (Boomerang, #2)
  • Shoulda Been a Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #0.5)
  • Make it Last (Bowler University, #3)
  • Disturbing Behaviour
  • Love and Cupcakes
Melissa West is the USA TODAY bestselling author of swoony Southern romance and YA sci-fi romance,all with lots of kissing. Because who doesn't like kissing?. She lives outside of Atlanta, GA with her husband and two daughters and spends most of her time writing, reading, or fueling her coffee addiction.

She holds a B.A. in Communication Studies and a M.S. in Graphic Communication, both from Clemso
More about Melissa West

Hamilton Stables (3 books)
  • Wild Hearts (Hamilton Stables, #2)
  • Silent Hearts (Hamilton Stables, #3)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Cowboy Bold (Longhorn Canyon, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Love Letter
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Provocative (White Lies Duet, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be