Start by marking “Torn Hearts (Hearts, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Torn Hearts (Hearts, #1.5)

Torn Hearts

(Hearts #1.5)

**This novella is now included at the beginning of Paper Hearts (Hearts #2).**

I met a boy once.

He made my heart go into a frenzy every time he looked at me, and my knees go weak whenever he touched me. Our love was so beautiful, that even its demise was bittersweet.

I met a girl once.

Her world, full of possibilities, made me feel like even I had a chance at being some
Published August 17th 2016 by Wattpad (first published March 1st 2015)

Start your review of Torn Hearts (Hearts, #1.5)
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

★★★★! Torn Hearts (Prequel), book 1.5 of X. Puppy-love & broken hearts!

Torn Hearts (book 1.5, included in book 2) is the prequel to Paper Hearts (book 2) and was offered as an Amazon freebie while I was waiting on my ARC. In anticipation of our upcoming buddy-read on October 11th I decided to read to a get a taste for what is to come.

Torn Hearts takes us back seven and five years in time to 18-year old Mia Bennett and 22-year old Jensen Reynolds’ puppy-love romance and later when Jensen makes a
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FOUR STARS*****

This was a brief introduction to Jensen and Mia's story. We met these two in "Kaleidoscope Hearts". All we know is that they used to be a couple but something happened that ended their relationship and resulted in some bitterness.

Honestly, this was really too short to form a solid opinion. Since I loved "Kaleidoscope Hearts" and I get the sense that Paper Hearts is going to be an angst fest, I felt it deserved a four star rating. I do not know how these two will overcome the
Christy
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

photo 2da2a95a-cca8-4537-b60d-0cc80c5cbf6b_zpsoqy2myww.jpg
We were dared to kiss, and from the moment her lips met mine, I was a goner…

This book… THIS BOOK!!! For this short read, it had so much heart and packed a big punch. I cried… my heart completely and utterly sank around the half way point. I remember now why I waited to read this novella. Thankfully, Paper Hearts will be out soon. I can’t wait to read more about Jensen and Mia. I just hope my heart can handle it.
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars

This book made me excited for Paper Hearts!!!!

After being in the minority with Kaleidoscope Hearts and rating it a 3, I've been apprehensive to read the next book and novella in the series. I love Claire Contreras and her There is No Light in Darkness books so I am always willing to give her books a chance.

Torn Hearts is the prequel to Paper Hearts and must be read first for a complete understanding of Mia and Jensen's relationship. To be honest I don't remember much from KH, so readin
S.M. West
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Jangles & Road Runner STARS

Less than 25 minutes was all it took to have my heartstrings yanked, and heart ripped in two as I read this short novella about Mia Bennett and Jensen Reynolds.

photo torn hearts_zpsyohrandg.jpg

Such a moving and emotional novella, damn!! It left me...

Onto Paper Hearts!
Brandi
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
The beginning of Jensen and Mia's story, has my interest peaked. The heartbreak, the angst, *sigh*, I love it.
I can't wait to get my hands on Paper Hearts
description
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
5 STARS

Amazing,I loved it so much!I love this author a lot,she is so talented!She managed in this few pages to bring out of me so many feelings!!I need more!I can't wait for the next book!
Geri Reads
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Can't wait for Paper Hearts!
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Holy Shiiiit! Jensen, you were going great and I was begining to like you a lot but then you did such a stupid thing to her... How could you do that her? Dammit, you're such a dick and I hate you right now.... :-/

✰ Liz ✰
~5 Torn Heart Stars~

description

Jensen and Mia are simply meant to be together. They are like two two music notes that when played together make perfect harmony. They are two halves of one whole. Suddenly, Jensen makes a mistake and Mia and Jensen are no more. The break is final. The act is one that cannot be undone.

"You deserve everything, Mia."-Jensen
"I only want you."-Mia
"You have me, baby. You'll always have me."-Jensen

Torn Hearts is a gripping novella that offers us a peek into the history of a beauti
* Meli Mel *

♥ ♥ ♥ 4 STARS ♥ ♥ ♥

Well damn...good thing Paper Hearts is out. Especially after how this just ends. Need to start it now! ;)
Beverly
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am not quite sure how a few pages can seriously mess me so up so freaking quickly, but this novella broke my heart and made me beg for more!
Lo Bookfrantic
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
description

This is the novella that started all, the angst the heartbreak of two soulmates. Jensen and Mia...See my full review on Paper Hearts which includes the novella in it. This book is no longer available as is included on book two.

BOOK SERIES ORDER: STANDALONE
Kaleidoscope Hearts (Hearts, #1) by Claire ContrerasTorn Hearts (Hearts, #1.5) by Claire Contreras Paper Hearts (Hearts, #2) by Claire Contreras
EPIC F(BR) BROKEN HEROES WEEK WITH MY SHHLUTS

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
For more reviews/reveals/giveaways visit:
Michelle
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Claire, Claire, Claire... what am I going to do with you?

Screenshot_1

Torn Hearts is the novella prequel to Paper Hearts, the story of Jensen and Mia. The story of how they were brought together and torn apart. Torn Hearts also gives us a bit of Oliver and Elle bonus epi which I adored!

But back to Jensen and Mia...

So this little read, which is listed on Amazon as not even 50 pages packs so much emotion. Claire’s writing is exceptional and you instantly can feel for these characters. You feel the love th
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
description

Yes! This book is all kinds of angst in the best way. It's really like an extended prologue for Mia and Jensen's story that continues in Paper Hearts.

Mia is Estella's best friend and a photographer. We met her in Estella's book, Kaleidoscope Hearts and Jensen is an artist/writer who Mia has known for a long time.

There's some good drama in such a short book!

♦ CC has taken this off Amazon for the time being but don't worry...she included it in the beginning of Paper Hearts.
Angela
Mmmm so when does the full book come out??? BECAUSE I NEED IT. at first I didn't think I was going to like Jensen but he quickly recovered from the little thing that bothered me. I really really like Mia. but seriously that twist. Omg, shot through the heart!!!

So excited for the rest of this.

READ THIS REVIEW AND OTHERS OVER ON OUR BLOG:
NinaReader
Jul 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
I CAN'T EVEN...!!!!

Wow am I so glad that I waited to read this until Paper Hearts came out because I would not have been able to stand it! I'm serious! The way this ends is a big fat NO for me...
~Stéphanie's Journal~
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
That's a prequel that made my heart beat so much!

I cried already... Can't wait to start Jensen & Mia's story.
And so happy to read about Oli& Elle's wedding. So beautiful ♥
Livia
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Kaleidoscope Hearts, intriguing novellas
Recommended to Livia by: Claire Contreras
Minor spoilers alert!!!

Review now *UPDATED*
You can now read all 4 chapters of this novella for FREE! Go to Author, Claire Contreras's website http://clairecontreras.com/ or look for the novella on WattPad under ClaireContreras.

I loved finding out a little bit more about Mia and Jensen's failed romance and catching up with Estelle aka Elle and Oliver. Chapter 1 takes place at their wedding and is set 4 months after Elle and Oliver's love story, Kaleidoscope Hearts ended. Chapter 2 goes back firs
Jen
Oct 11, 2015 rated it really liked it

Wow! With an introduction like that to Mia and Jensen's story, I know I'm going to need a box of Kleenex near me. Off to read Paper Hearts next.
warhawke
Oct 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
“You have me, baby. You’ll always have me.”

I haven't read Kaleidoscope Hearts so this is my first meet with Jensen and Mia and I think this is too short for me to understand their relationship dynamics, but from the little I can see, I think their book is going to be heartbreaking.

Looking forward to read Paper Hearts (Hearts, #2) by Claire Contreras during Shh... (F)BR starting Oct 11, 2015

Join the (F)BR: https://goo.gl/ZsJJKK
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it

Now jumping straight into Paper Hearts (Hearts, #2) by Claire Contreras
AJ
Sep 18, 2015 rated it liked it
“Our story wasn’t always pretty. Some would argue it was quite the opposite, but it was beautiful to me.”

3 ‘I’m already annoyed, but quietly hopeful’ stars

This is a very brief introduction to Mia and Jensen and the beginning of what is sure to be a tumultuous, angst-fest of a love story which will continue in Paper Hearts.

It’s short, featuring snippets from their relationship, their break-up and beyond, but I can already tell that it’s going to take a lot for me to be able to forgive and forget
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Sep 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5
benevolent bastard
Jun 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very short and to the point! Though I did wish for more!!!
Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe

4.5★

“I want to peel that dress off you slowly, kissing every inch of bare skin as it falls.”

Before anything else, warning: this novel has a jumping timeline with the present and the past.

I like how this story started, light and funny and diving right in into everything and then backtracking into what I need to know between the dynamics and of the characters.

I like Jensen. Well, actually it’s a like-and-dislike relationship for me. I haven’t had much time with him to love him n
Didi
Sep 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Can't wait to jump into Paper Hearts. This short, but intensely angsty novella has wetted my appetite for more Mia and Jensen. ...more
Quinn's Quippy Quotes
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, ebook
THAT. ALMOST. KILLED. ME.

Holy shit. That was just a novella!?! Paper Hearts is going to kill me dead, revive me and kill me dead once more.

Send wine.
Linda ❤️ Sassy, Classy && a Little Bit of Nasty
4 stars - cute short story, just enough for a taste
Michelle
Sep 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
#TornHearts

Torn Hearts is a prequel introduction to Jensen and Mia's story. And in this short story we are given a glimpse of the past and the present of how these two friends turned lovers to exes. Torn Hearts definitely took my heart as I ached for Jensen and Mia. Within this short read, Ms. Contreras packed so much emotions, heart and intensity that I can't wait to dive into Paper Hearts.

Review can also be found on Four Chicks Flipping Pages: http://fourchicksflippingpages.weebly...Claire Contreras

• Life Without You
  • Evil Love
  • Beyond the Roses
  • The Villain (Boston Belles, #2)
  • I'm Yours
  • It's a Wonderful Tangled Christmas Carol (Tangled, #4.5)
  • Playing with Fire
  • Out of Love
  • Take This Regret (Regret, #1)
  • Ache
  • Happily Letter After
  • Not My Romeo (The Game Changers, #1)
  • Abel (5th Street, #4)
  • Bad Boys Break Hearts
  • Arrogant Bastard (McCabe Brothers, #3)
  • Unbreak My Heart (Fostering Love, #1)
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
  • Landon & Shay: Part Two (L&S Duet, #2)
Claire Contreras is a New York Times Best Selling Author who traded her psychology degree to write fiction. Don’t worry, she still uses her knowledge on every single one of her characters.

She’s a breast cancer survivor (x2), who was born in the Dominican Republic, raised in Florida, and currently resides in Charlotte, NC with her husband, two adorable boys, and French bulldog.

Her books range fro

Hearts (3 books)
  • Kaleidoscope Hearts (Hearts, #1)
  • Paper Hearts (Hearts, #2)
  • Elastic Hearts (Hearts, #3)