Start by marking “Me and Mom Fall for Spencer” as Want to Read:
Me and Mom Fall for Spencer

Read Book

Me and Mom Fall for Spencer

The house next door to Sarah and her mother Marie has been vacant since the murder that happened there when Sarah was ten. Their neighbor, Frieda, was like a second mother to Sarah and she died brutally and the neighborhood never recovered. No one has lived in Frieda’s house for seventeen years. Imagine Sarah’s surprise when it finally sells to an on-line buyer. She looks ...more
Published February 28th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Me and Mom Fall for Spencer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Me and Mom Fall for Spencer

Jedigirlsc
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Jedigirlsc by: Diane Munier
"Me and Mom Fall for Spencer" is written by a skilled storyteller, Diane Munier. The story is about quirky Sarah and her new neighbor Spencer. There is humor, drama, and romance, but there is also a mystery running in the background that unfolds throughout the story. The colorful writing and endearing characters will make the reader laugh and cry. This story grabbed me from the beginning and moved at a great pace. This is a wonderful story and a joy to read. I recommend it to EVERYONE!
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic, humour
I loved this when it was free and I think I love it more now, published.

A protagonist who is thoroughly quirky and original, her observations and streams of consciousness are at times laugh-out-loud hilarious. The story itself is heart-warming, charming and deals with some dark issues regarding tragedy, grief and methods of coping. Oh, and most of all, completely and unapologetically romantic.

Brava, Diana. "She's a girl, she's a girl, she's a storytelling girl."
Kayleigh Davies
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
This just confused the crap out of me to be honest
Liz
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
Diane Munier has written a story full of drama, romance, and mystery. It is told in first person narration, stream of consciousness. We read the story through Sarah’s eyes and get all of her thoughts and observations. I appreciated the narration of a regular person dealing with their feelings, even though her thoughts were all over the place and the book moved extremely quickly. While I felt like the narration was an honest voice, I was confused throughout much of the book.

I was confused; confus
Jess Brown
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Diane Munier has a unique voice; the kind of voice you hope no editor ever dares to influence because it immediately bonds the reader to the characters. Her leads get in your head and you hope they move in forever. I find that when I read a Diane Munier story, there are so many complex threads that I pick up something new every time I reread.

Expect great things from this author. She’s going to give you plenty of book hangovers. Five stars.

Read my full review here:

Sharon
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A wonderfully spun tale of a daughter wanting to spread her wings, a mother trying to hold on to her youth and the good looking new neighbor who is caught in between. Diane does not disappoint. Looking forward to reading more of her work.
J
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
The writing style was just too hard for me to read and make much sense of. Sorry.
FicCentral
FicCentral.com

Sarah's perfectly content living her quiet, uneventful life, so she isn't at all prepared when a stranger moves into the house next door and into her everyday existence. When her mother starts inviting him to parties and church, it's even worse, in part because Sarah's so intrigued by him. But the man with the guitar is unlike anyone she's ever met, and as much as she wants things to stay the way they've always been, there's no denying how she feels when she's around him.

But... While the story w
Denise Leora Leora
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When recently asked what she thinks of the [Twilight fanfiction] world, author Diane Munier said, “What [Twilight author] SM achieved in my opinion was the ability to make women feel first love….That woman took us into the ache.” I hope Ms. Munier will pardon me for appropriating her words, but that statement perfectly encapsulates the magic of her own writing: this woman takes us into ourselves, moving us with a deeply satisfying story in the process.

Through the eyes of her beautifully flawed c
Vagabonda Reads
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In her debut publication, Me and Mom Fall for Spencer, author Diane Munier introduces us to her principal characters - the quirky Sarah Sullivan and her mysterious neighbor, Spencer Gundry. Both world weary, these two captivating people charmingly begin their journey together while negotiating the vegetative state of Sarah's beloved garden.

It's a love story abundant with delightful characters who are graced with witty and meaningful dialogue that gifts the reader with profound and brilliant insi
Sandra Stiles
Jun 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, mystery, romance
I love books that combine mystery and romance. That is what this book does. This is not a boy meets girl and they fall in love immediately type of book. They both are carrying some baggage with them that makes their relationship take time to develop. I really didn't like Sarah's mom too much. She just seemed over the top dramatic. The old man who lived across the street from Sarah had a son. He moved out leaving the old man living in the chaos and filth he'd been living in for quite some time. I ...more
Donna J
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another one of Diane Munier's stories I fell in love with. Don't let the title fool you. Mom thinks Spencer is handsome but that's about all it leads to. As for Sarah, who also thinks he's handsome, it goes much further. Sarah is a caretaker of not only mom but some neighbors as well. Sarah believes it serves a great purpose to do dark time walk about to keep her neighborhood somewhat safe because of the murder years ago. Spencer eventually walks with her. A coming of age sort for Sarah who fall ...more
Aphrodite
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Just a lovely story

I can't remember how I came across this story, and it's not my typical kind, but I'm so glad I found it.
I didn't even read what it was about, I read some of the reviews and saw 5 stars and bought it.
It grabbed me straight away and when I wasn't reading it I couldn't stop thinking about it. It's very sweet read and not in a overly romantic kind of way, it's just real and nice and worth your time.
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story when it was free and am so happy it's published. I would pay two or three times what I paid for it. The feelings the author makes the reader experience are genuine and startling. Please do yourself a favor and be introduced to Diane Munier.
A.R. Rivera
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sweet read

Cute, authentic love story that I loved reading. There were a few confusing parts relating to the physical relationship between the two main characters. The pacing was a little slow and the plot was subtle but the ending was a great pay off. Well worth reading.
Jazmene
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Good book

Different but great storyline! Spencer was adorable and charming. I felt bad for Sarah but admire her loyalty. Enjoyed seeing diversity in the characters
Wendi
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, favorites
so I tried not to read this too fast.sooooooooooo good.I am in love with Spencer too.
Loquita Raymond
Mar 01, 2015
Cindy  Donahue
Jun 25, 2017
A M
rated it did not like it
Apr 11, 2015
Julie
Jun 16, 2015
Anna Garza
Jun 16, 2016
Helena Louise Hughes
Aug 02, 2018
Diane Munier
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Barbara
rated it it was ok
Jun 05, 2015
Tammy
Mar 01, 2015
Luinelle
Feb 26, 2019
Living comfortably in the heart of America with the people I love. I live an extroverted life, but I'm a genuine introvert. An urban kid, I spent much of my youth running in various neighborhood establishments. There I met many colorful characters and I learned to love them and be fascinated by them. My love of story comes from them. I learned to sit on a bar stool or a kitchen chair or in a pew a ...more