Start by marking “Guardians of Time (After Cilmeri, #9)” as Want to Read:
Guardians of Time (After Cilmeri, #9)

Guardians of Time

(After Cilmeri #9)

Christmas 1292. Time travel has meant many things to Meg, David, and Anna over the years. But regardless of the circumstances, it has always been about saving lives: their own, their family members', their friends'.

This time, it's a combination of all three.

Guardians of Time is the ninth novel in the After Cilmeri series.
Published May 19th 2015 by The Morgan-Stanwood Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Guardians of Time, please sign up.
Leanne Yes, they really do. So much of it wouldn't make sense to you unless you understand how they reached each point.
…more
(less)

Start your review of Guardians of Time (After Cilmeri, #9)
Laura Drummond
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy this series. The characters are likable and easy to connect with. They are just fun, easy reads. This one was good and not easily predictable.
Frances Law
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pleasant

None of the follow up books in this series quite reach the standard of the first couple but they are always well written and well researched. In this book David decides that the bus load of people who travelled back in time with him by accident should be returned to the 21st century. He finds that his whole family, with the exception of his wife, decide to go with him! He decides to go on Christmas Eve since they’ll more likely not be noticed but, as with most things, fate has another o
Diane
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Meg has a lump in her breast, in addition, a child who came through on the bus has leukemia. David is taking the bus travelers back to the 21st Century. Going with him, in addition to his mother, are his father, the King of Wales, Callum, Cassie, Anna and Math. They’re going on Christmas Eve with the idea that no one will notice their arrival. What happens when they arrive and who they meet makes for a great story.
Donna
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series has held my interest since I read the first book. I love following this family thru their trials and tragedies. Not only in modern times but in medieval times as well. I love that they decided to attempt to return the 21st century people that didn't want to stay. I also love that they always meet & accept new people into their diverse little group. I can't wait to read the next book! ...more
Sallie Young
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
40 to go

The people who got trapped in the Middle Ages get to go home. Meg is faced with possible cancer. Lee, the terrorist, surfaces again. Meg's sister and family have a chance to reunite. New baby for the family.
Paula B. Kaufman-Dajani
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I could no

I could not put this book down. I’m onto the next book in the series.This book was quite good. That’s
Artemis Westenberg
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
this was the 4th time I was reading the book.
That is how much I love this series.
Alexis
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this whole series. I've read the first 3 books in the series and am waiting for the 4th book to be reduced in price so that I can buy it. #9 was a great book and let me know what was to come. Can't wait to fill in the blanks with 4 through 8!
Michelle Louise
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of the best in this series.

The first line is so awesome and I about went this is what I've been thinking for a while. It was about time the bus load of people went back to the future and it was done well.

I liked the new pov characters but I wish Bridget had been introduced in an earlier book so her pov and importance didn't come out of nowhere. I am a huge fan of foreshadowing and while there is some here, the author needs to do a better job of Chekhovs gunning characters. It was a problem
Mina
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just recently started reading the After Cilmeri Series and I LOVE everything about it. I read all 12 books in 2 weeks and can't wait for the next one to arrive on my kindle next month.
Melissa
May 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
Just ok

I am getting pretty bored with this series. I feel like the same thing keeps happening over and over. There are no surprises, suspense or drama. Everything works out well for David and his crew and it is more and more tiring. I would love some drama or the loss of a character. I don't mean to be morbid but I think it is more realistic for the time period and would help David grow. Not just a secondary character, but someone like Lili.

I am not sure I will continue this series as I am expe
Sharon
May 24, 2015 rated it liked it
I suppose this book could be read as a stand alone story; however, the full richness of the tale is best reached if the entire series is read in sequential order. One of the aspects I like about this Time Travel series is that the characters travel between alternate universes and, thus, do not impact the world they are originally from by their actions that change the world they travel to. That license permits them affect some very interesting changes indeed. I do really like this After Cilmeri S ...more
Meri
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love this series!

Historical fiction never used to be my favorite genre, but now I can't get away from it. Sarah writes her books so well that you get hooked within the first page. You almost need to pace yourself slow so you don't have to wait for the next book in the series to come out so it's not agonizing waiting to see the next adventure. What's even better is she adds true historical events and she has been to the places she writes about. I'm in love with all of her series!
David
Jun 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoy "The After Cilmari Series". Too much time in the latest book, "Guardians of Time", was spent on character development. There are too many character dialogues and too few action scenes. The final scene ends abruptly. Resolution of interesting possibilities, such as the 21st Century medical, technical, and electronic equipment brought back to the 13th Century, should have an influence on centuries of history, or an answer to why nothing changed.
Jo Anne Greenberg
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Read!

Sarah Woodbury has a wonderful gift of writing. The people come alive as though you know them personally. If medieval and or time travel is of interest to you, then this series is for you. However, where ever your interests lie you may well enjoy this series. It's fun...
Ann
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't get anything else done until I finished the book! (And this was my second time through!)
Kathleen Scott
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As exciting as the rest.

I love reading about King David and his travels through time. This adventure is as wonderful as the rest of the series.
Sarah Woodbury has done it again.
Maria
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Series

I love this series, I can't wait till you write the next one. I want to here more on Anna's son Cardiff,is he going to be a time traveler too?
Deborah Hawley
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Read it the first day out! Awesome! Won't spoil it for others, so just say it is soo worth reading!!!! Sarah Woodbury delivers yet again!!
Kimberley
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love all these books. Great altered history.
shondelle sibley
mary anne wallace
Aug 26, 2016
Tara House Jaffe
Jan 07, 2017

• The Amber Brooch (Celtic Brooch, #8)
  • Tindr (Circle of Ceridwen Saga #5)
  • Silver Hammer, Golden Cross (Circle of Ceridwen Saga #6)
  • Again My Love (Kaitlyn and the Highlander, #9)
  • Under the Same Sky (Kaitlyn and the Highlander #7)
  • Breach of Faith (Ela of Salisbury Medieval Mysteries, #2)
  • Cathedral of Bones (Ela of Salisbury Medieval Mysteries, #1)
  • Time and Space Between Us (Kaitlyn and the Highlander #2)
  • Tangled in Time (The McCarthy Sisters #1)
  • The Diamond Brooch (The Celtic Brooch #7)
  • The Lost Child  (Ela of Salisbury Medieval Mysteries, #3)
  • The Broken Brooch (Celtic Brooch #5)
  • The Killing Fog (The Grave Kingdom, #1)
  • Hidden in Time (The MacCarthy Sisters, #2)
  • Ronan O'Higgins
  • St Crispin's Day (Struggle for a Crown Book 6)
  • The Imposter's Inheritance (Glass and Steele #9)
  • Elliott and Grandpa
With over a million books sold to date, Sarah Woodbury is the author of more than forty novels, all set in medieval Wales. Although an anthropologist by training, and then a full-time homeschooling mom for twenty years, she began writing fiction when the stories in her head overflowed and demanded that she let them out. While her ancestry is Welsh, she only visited Wales for the first time at univ ...more

After Cilmeri (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Footsteps in Time (After Cilmeri #1)
  • Prince of Time (After Cilmeri #2)
  • Crossroads in Time (After Cilmeri, #3)
  • Children of Time (After Cilmeri #4)
  • Exiles in Time (After Cilmeri, # 5)
  • Castaways in Time (After Cilmeri, #6)
  • Ashes of Time (After Cilmeri, #7)
  • Warden of Time (After Cilmeri, #8)
  • Masters of Time (After Cilmeri, #10)
  • Outpost in Time (After Cilmeri #11)