Start by marking “Dark Heir (Jane Yellowrock, #9)” as Want to Read:
Dark Heir (Jane Yellowrock, #9)

Dark Heir

(Jane Yellowrock #9)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  6,784 Ratings  ·  440 Reviews
15 hrs 46 mins

Shapeshifting skinwalker Jane Yellowrock is the best in the business when it comes to slaying vampires. But her latest fanged foe may be above her pay grade…

For centuries, the extremely powerful and ruthless vampire witches of the European Council have wandered the Earth, controlling governments, fostering war, creating political conflict, and often leaving a
Audible Audio, 16 pages
Published April 7th 2015 by Audible Studios

Douglas Meeks
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In any long running series there are a many things that have to happen and here are a few:

1. The main character has to have growth (you can't write about a never changing character for 9 books)
2. There has to be interesting secondary characters that are more than cardboard cutouts (this series has them by the basket full)
3. While we need growth, the character can't change so much that it is not the same character you bought books 1 & 2 and loved.
4. No repetitive plots (this one kills a LOT o
Denisa
Yay, the badass skinwalker again!

Jane is as just much fun as I remember.
I can't wait to see what more she can do!

Ah, and I have to say this (and I know some of you will hate me), but WHEN will she and Leo start being a thing?! I really can't wait for that to happen!
I appreciate this series not being about romantic relationships (much), but I need my thing, I wanna see those two together!

The plot is just as interesting as always and the characters are just as wonderful. I really liked Pinky too
Robin (Bridge Four)
3.75 Almost 4 stars….Almost

This is book 9 (or like 327 if you read all the shorts, I haven’t and that might be a slight exaggeration) so I’m going to keep this short since if you are in this series your IN and if you gave up on book 3 or 4 I totally get it.

You know who is carrying this book for me now besides Beast who is always fantastic, its Bruiser. He is amazing. Not sugar sweet perfect or anything like that and he tells Jane when she is wrong but he is just genuine and says all the right th
Rachel V.
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As long as I've been reading the Jane Yellowrock series Faith Hunter as never let me down. Each and every book filled with excitement and kickass action, Dark Heir is no different and I don't know how she keeps doing it. This time Jane goes up against probably the biggest, baddest, most powerful creature yet. The book starts off with action and never really slows down. Jane, Eli, and Alex don't get much sleep and neither did I because once I started I couldn't put it down. Jane has to deal with ...more
RachelW (BamaGal)
Oct 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the book where we finally find out what the ‘thing’ in Leo’s subterranean prison really is…and then it escapes. Jane is sent to hunt him down and bring him back. There's a lot of 'Jane' in this book; and a lot of things going on with other plot threads. Dark Heir is a great story if a little slow to get going. At about 30% though, the book takes off and never looks back.

Problems between the humans and the vamps are coming to a head, as well as the feud with the European vamps. No one do
Mindy Mymudes
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Little Janie is growing up. From once believing everything in the world was black or white, including herself, she's learned that there is a lot lurking in the gray. She's settling in with her new family, new beau, old shower, and just as things are comfy, the scary thing in the basement has reached the light. The Son of Darkness is loose and so is hell, 52 people dead, and Jane has to find him... and not kill him. The Euro vamps are coming, the witch accords are coming up. And Jane is right in ...more
Iris (Paranormal Cravings Book Reviews)
Love this series. But in compare to the other books from the Jane Yellowrock series a bit slow and boring :(

In short
- 90% just about Jane
- 50% Jane with Eli
- 10% of this was the bad ass Jane, rest ... I don't know.
- Almost no to none Leo action
- Almost no to none Best action or dialogues i really love
- Half of a page of some George action
- More practice of magic (not really a good sign)

Jane spends way too much time blaming herself and beating herself up. Where is the kick-ass Jane ??
All over a v
Beth
Things are really heating up between the New Orleans vampires and the powerful European Council.

Deceptions run deep and it’s about to bite the New Orleans vampires.

Jane Yellowrock is once again tasked with saving the day and her foe is one of the original and most powerful vampires. The deeper Jane digs the more machinations she uncovers. Not knowing who is friend or foe, Jane struggles not to make enemies of her allies.

I love the Jane Yellowrock series. Dark Heir was another amazing installmen
Suzanne Richardson-white
Jane Yellowrock, Cherokee skinwalker, is always ready to defend her friends, her family, and her city. In the latest novel from the Jane Yellowrock series, Jane is up against even bigger forces than before. Jane and her team - and the whole city - are in grave danger, but to figure out what to do about it, they must spend time delving into Mithran history. As with her other novels, Faith gives us more glimpses into the past and inner workings of Mithran society, while at the same time raising ne ...more
Pauline
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, fiction, action
This review is from an Advance Reader Copy (ARC) of Dark Heir, by Faith Hunter, due for release April 7, 2015. This review is directed to "Dark Heir" and presupposes readers are acquainted with the main characters and back story from prior Jane Yellowrock books.

Though there are multiple plots that develop in Dark Heir, the story begins when a problem Leo Pellissier (Vampire Master of the City of New Orleans) literally kept in the basement -- the very deepest basement at Vamp HQ -- escapes his pr
Ian
After a powerful vampire, one of the very first vampires, escapes from the sub-basement where he was kept prisoner serious carnage on the streets of New Orleans follows. With the residents up in arms and baying for vampire blood; the council of European vampires threatening war over the imprisonment of one of their own; and traitors working against the Master of New Orleans, it's left to Jane to hunt down the rogue vampire and do it before seething animosities boil over.

Dark Heir is really a tr
Brenda Rezk
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was privileged to be able to read an advanced copy of this book. It's packed with almost nonstop action from cover to cover, as Jane and the Younger brothers try to stop, first the escape of, and then the murderous rampage of, the Son of Darkness who Jane had encountered locked in Leo's basement in the previous installment of this fabulous series. Being one of the creators of the vampires, he is naturally very old, very nasty, and very powerful. His murderous rage at being locked up in a dunge ...more
Kristine
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jane and Beast are back! Dark Heir will be available April 7th --Do yourself a favor and read or reread (refresh your memory) all of Jane's and Beast's adventures now while you still have time. I was lucky enough to win an ARC from Faith Hunter. I am blown away! For those unfamiliar with the series, Jane is a Cherokee Skinwalker whose soul is twined with Beast's, the largest puma concolor. She/they hunt rogue vampires (Mithrans), but end up working for Leo Pellissier, Master of the City of New O ...more
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
Just because….

I loved it! There are huge character growth, lots of kick ass action and another stunning Yellowrock adventure! Best urban fantasy series ever and it only keeps getting greater and bigger! It never disappoint. Faith Hunter rocks!
Olivia ツ
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series has slowly improved and I think it might be the first 5 star rating in the series from me. I think the main reason is that Jane is no longer alone. Once her identity as a shifter was exposed, it opened her up to alliances and relationships that she previously denied herself. Her relationship with Beast has also solidified. I feel like they’ve finally meshed. This also lacked the relationship bullshit with Ricky. Glad he wasn’t featured and hope it truly stays that way. Bruiser accept ...more
Shelley
**I received this book for free from (Publisher) via (NetGalley) in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!! This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 4.0

*My Thoughts*

Dark Heir is the NINTH installment in the Jane Yellowrock series. Jane is a Cherokee skin walker who operates Yellowrock Securities. She hunts down bad vampires and has had her hands full since arriving in New Orleans and learning more about the Mithrans and their long g
Lauren
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
[image error]

Jane Yellowrock has come out swinging like never before in Dark Heir. Beastly Jane must use everything in her arsenal in order to defeat the “thing” in Leo’s basement that has been peeking her interest. It’s going to be the most dangerous and deadly foe she’s ever had to face and it will leave you hoping that curiosity doesn’t kill the cat.

Jane’s growth as a character will suck you in just as much as the story and plot. As the series has progressed, Jane has grown from a hired gun
Jaymie
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Our favorite badass Cherokee skinwalker and shapeshifter, Jane Yellowrock, is back for another action packed installment in this series. Remember reading about the big, bad, and spooky things in Leo's basement in past episodes? Well, get ready to get up close and personal with with the newly escaped and very peeved Son of Darkness who is not at all happy about his long imprisonment spent chained to Leo's dungeon wall.

The SOD carves a bloody swath through NOLA's human citizens as he seeks blood
Deva
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full Review at http://urbanparanormal.blogspot.com
Also check out Faith's QnA

Do I ever do a traditional book review? No. Here we go.

Molly makes a return and her return is as you may think. We don't know what's going on with her death magics when she shows up but man does she have a few 'moments' when a certain artifact is in her presence. It got the point where it made me incredibly nervous that she could jeopardize the missions with her 'needs' in regards to the artifact.

Jane dies.

Don't fret! Ja
Donna
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shapeshifting skinwalker Jane Yellowrock has faced many challenges and met them head on. As she fights bigger and badder bad guys she is discovering that the support system she has built, quite unintentionally, may be the thing that gets her through the biggest and baddest bad guy to date. It is going to take everything that Jane, Beast and all of her friends have to take down one of the oldest vampires out there. This may hurt a bit.
Poor Jane doesn’t get much rest but that means more action and
SheLuvsGod
Another good installment, I love really love the secondary characters especially the Eli and Alex and the family ceremony was so sweet. I guess this means that Jane and Eli will never get together, lol - sorry Bruiser but I just love Eli to death.

What's going on with Molly? Damn girl make a choice - be good or be evil, the skirting the edge is starting to get on my nerve.

Only negative - no Angie Baby in this one :) I love Molly's pups.
JAIME
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: do-want
No fewer than 2 star wars references + Jane Yellowrock = *****

Full review laters.
Sheyla ✎
Sep 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
 photo dark heir.jpg
Dark Heir begins with Jane in the middle of a nightmare. The Son of Darkness (SoD) has escaped, leaving a trail of bodies in his wake. It is up to Jane and friends to stop him and save Leo's life in more ways than one. Tension runs high in the Big Easy where humans are getting tired of the vampires and their death toll.

Jane Yellowrock is one of my favorite heroines. She is strong and loyal. She has surrounded herself with people that she now considers her family. She has stakes and she is not
Stacy
Sep 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Faith Hunter does it again. Lots of action, a dangerous dilemma, friends, family and a bit of love round out DARK HEIR.

If you have been reading the Jane Yellowrock series this long, you already know Jane is badass. You know the main secondary characters and you know that no matter what the situation, Jane is always in the thick of it. DARK HEIR is no different. The story unfolded at a great pace. The fight scenes were packed with danger and the characters as always shined.

Leo really surprised me
Michelle Leah Olson
Our review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Alluring Angel - Kathy:
*Copy gifted in exchange for an honest review

Faith Hunter’s Dark Heir, the ninth book in the Jane Yellowrock series, continues the thrill-ride that was established when we first met Jane.

When the ancient vampire witch known as the Son Of Darkness escapes from Leo’s dungeon, no one is safe. Not humans. Not the Mithrans. No one. And when the body count begins to rise, Jane has to find a way to stop a monster who seems invincible.
Oh, and th
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: Not loving it
Rating: NC-7
Thumbs Up: 3.5
Overall: Boring then Interesting
Characters: Well Written
Plot: Jane to the rescue
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Eli

SUMMARY (50 words or less)
For the longest time, I felt like this book was like the last UF I read, (Kara Gillian’s latest). Jane running around like a chicken with her head cut off. We weren’t really learning anything new and it got old. Patience and things got better.

For a full review
Jackie
Book Info
Mass Market Paperback, 336 pages
Expected publication: April 7th 2015 by Roc
ISBN 0451465962 (ISBN13: 9780451465962)
series Jane Yellowrock #9
other editions (2)
Source:Netgalley EARC

Book Buy Links
Amazon
B&N

BOOK SYNOPSIS

Steph
Faith Hunter's Jane Yellowrock series has some of the most impressive character development I've read in a UF series. Jane's growth throughout this series is so well done I've never felt as if anything happened too quickly. Each book features an event that sets about change in Jane's life.

In Dark Heir, Jane is still testing her boundaries and new abilities. (view spoiler) Additionally, her rel
Fiona Skye
Sometimes when an author has a long-running series, things start to fall apart after about the fifth or sixth book. Characters become flat and one-note. Plots get recycled. Action becomes boring and tedious. And sometimes you find yourself wishing the author would just kill off the characters and stop writing the series because it’s so painful to read. (I’m looking at you, Laurell Hamilton.)

Fortunately for fans of Jane Yellowrock, Cherokee skinwalker and badass vampire hunter, this is not the ca
Nov 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-books

Dark Heir is the 9th book in the Jane Yellowrock series and I still hate Leo! Why Jane doesn't just stake him is the most infuriating part of the series. Leo is one of those "gray" characters, he's not 100% good and not 100% evil. In fact all the vampires are pretty much in the same area as Leo. Oh sure some are more evil than others but Faith Hunter's vampires are not the cuddly kind, not even the "nice" ones.

Like many of the vampire troubles Jane finds herself in is due in big part to the Mast
Jane and Leo? 14 116 Mar 02, 2017 01:21PM
Faith Hunter Dark Heir and series discussion 58 105 Feb 16, 2016 10:11AM
Urban Fantasy Afi...: December 2015 Series Read - Dark Heir 2 14 Jan 04, 2016 07:08AM
Snippet From Dark Heir 1 15 Feb 22, 2015 06:56PM
Wow, new cover reveal for Jane Yellowrock book #9! 1 15 Sep 30, 2014 04:48PM
  • Easy Pickings (Walker Papers, #7.6; Jane Yellowrock, #3.1)
  • Black Widow (Elemental Assassin, #12)
  • Vengeance of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #7)
  • Dark Debt (Chicagoland Vampires, #11)
  • Deadly Spells (Prospero's War, #3)
  • A Red-Rose Chain (October Daye, #9)
  • Magic Shifts (Kate Daniels, #8)
  • Haunted (Anna Strong Chronicles, #8)
  • Black Spring (Black Wings, #7)
  • Unbinding (World of the Lupi, #11)
  • Banishing the Dark (Arcadia Bell, #4)
  • Kitty Saves the World (Kitty Norville, #14)
  • Armageddon Rules (Grimm Agency, #2)
Faith Hunter's Jane Yellowrock series is a dark urban fantasy. Jane is a full blooded Cherokee skinwalker and hunter of rogue-vampires in a world of weres, witches, vampires, and other supernats.

Her Rogue Mage novels—Bloodring, Seraphs, Host, and the RPG Rogue Mage—feature Thorn St. Croix, a stone mage in a post-apocalyptic alternate reality.

The Soulwood series is a new dark-urban fantasy / parano

Jane Yellowrock (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, #1)
  • Blood Cross (Jane Yellowrock, #2)
  • Mercy Blade (Jane Yellowrock, #3)
  • Raven Cursed (Jane Yellowrock, #4)
  • Death's Rival (Jane Yellowrock, #5)
  • Blood Trade (Jane Yellowrock, #6)
  • Black Arts (Jane Yellowrock, #7)
  • Broken Soul (Jane Yellowrock, #8)
  • Temporally Out of Order
  • Shadow Rites (Jane Yellowrock, #10)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
  • A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel: Volume One
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
    $8.99 $2.49
  • Running with the Demon (Word & Void #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth Book 2)
    $9.99 $2.49
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Quicksilver (The Baroque Cycle, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Book of the Unnamed Midwife (The Road to Nowhere, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Witch's Reign (Desert Cursed, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
“I could be patient. I could. If they’d hurry up.” 12 likes
“The aroma of tea mixed with the scent of old books, leather chairs, and wool from the carpet in a soothing fusion.” 9 likes