Start by marking “Banshee” as Want to Read:
Banshee

Banshee

Cities Fall. Dragons Rise. War Begins.
The war for earth began in Hell. First came the earthquakes. Then came the floods. Finally, from the darkened mines, caves and pits, the creatures of our nightmares boiled forth to sweep across the planet in a wave of death.
Mankind, on the run and unprepared, is not alone. We have dragons.
Emerging from their slumber, giant dragons sele
Published March 7th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Banshee, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Banshee

Start your review of Banshee
Scott Collins
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! The dragons were fantastic, their descriptions thorough and inspiring, and the monsters were beyond even my worst nightmares. I thought the plot was wonderful, with a quick pace to keep one turning pages until the wee hours of the morning. The characters were well fleshed out, both the good guys, and the obnoxious protagonists concerned only with themselves. Might be a bit scary for the younger crowd, but I'd recommend for the Teen+ fantasy enthusiasts.
Kevin Laslie
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
This book brought a mix of feelings to me. When recounting facts from the past through the archive texts I felt as if I was in history class with a favorite teacher reading from a historical text. Then you would get into the meat of the story and it was as if I had drifted off into a daydream in some boring class and was imagining the story.

This author has done an amazing job taking the world and tearing it open to unleash hell. Denizens of the deep are released and painted in a picture that is
Mary
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In a world torn to shreds by demons, Dragons in all their noble glory, come to the rescue. In the midst of tribulations there are times when humans need a reminder of the courage that can be found within themselves.

Banshee takes you on a journey through time with past accounts and present events featuring demons come to destroy and wondrous Dragons come to save. The Dragons themselves have such individual personalities I found myself categorizing them as if they were people.

I've been reading YA
Kurami Rocket
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dragons
The plot of this book was interesting and unique, but I felt it would have been better had it focused on Savaan since the beginning, rather than near the end. There were a lot of characters that I sadly, did not really care for.

It was nice how the author did the world building, but I felt it kind of dragged on. I did like how we got tidbits to the past. Those were fun to read. Another good thing about the book was the author's writing. It was very detailed and made it easy to imagine the story.
Vesper Vesper
Apr 24, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf

Please take this review lightly as I can be very picky when it comes to specific stories not written in the Young Adult genre.

Know that I did my best to read this book. I really wanted to love it, because I love dragon stories to death. I really wanted to love this book. I did. I marked this book as DNF at 17% for the reasons listed in this review. I’m not here to be harsh towards the author, as I know every author takes precious time and effort to craft amazing books. Considering that this
AK Mama Reads
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Mama’s Thoughts on Banshee:
This was absolutely original, and grabbed my interest straightaway. Of course I’m always up for a good fantasy read, but these days you can never be too sure until you dive right in. Banshee is unlike other epic fantasies in that it’s told through the lens of dystopian fiction. By that I mean, we have an end of world scenario, but instead of zombies or plague, it’s dragons! Maggert has a beautiful prose style that lends a lyrical voice to an often underwhelming genre.
LaSibila
Primero vinieron los dragones. Y antes de preguntar por qué, los demonios surgieron de las profundidades de la Tierra para devorar todo lo que se le cruce por el camino.
Abandoné en el 5to cap. La narración es tipo crónica, muy poco diálogo, muchos personajes introducidos de forma tal que no sabemos quién puede (o no) ser protagonista. Muchos monstruos, sangre y tripa. Amo los dragones, lo demás me da igual.
Natalie Mattson
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading Banshee. I just wish that there was more focus on Savaan and Banshee in the earlier part of the book. The "Archival Materials" that were intermingled into the book were an interesting read, but I think I would have preferred more Savaan and less archival materials. I would recommend if post apocalyptic dragons is your peanut butter, your jelly, and your jam.
Rebecca McNutt
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, fantasy, dragon
Dragons, battles, worlds unbound by logic - Banshee is a powerful and mesmerizing fantasy book and just when you think the suspense and adventure is over, it keeps going with stuff totally unexpected.
AudioBookReviewer
Jul 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
ABR's original Banshee audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

As you may know post-apocalyptic audiobooks with or without zombies, but especially with, are all the rage or maybe they are just getting more coverage these days. Terry Maggert has decided to jump in the flow of the raging river of destruction of the earth and human perseverance. Yet he was able to spin it in a way that I have not seen before. No zombies. Instead dragons and demons. Sounds so exciting rig
Pheebz
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: terry-maggert
Terry Maggert is brilliant to write such a wonderful book.It was long and very fanciful in a way of warrior's and the lands that he paints for you as well as the history of the dragons.He created demons and hell creatures that Satan would be happy to claim as his own. It makes you want to dwell in this world he created just a little longer. This starts as a bit of a documentary or history lesson but is not boring. He opens the depth of the imagination and the plausibility of this world, where hu ...more
Brian's Book Blog
A different spin on Post-Apocalyptic Books

3.25 out of 5 stars

The narration for this is interesting. I won’t say bad because I’ve heard bad narration before. But the performance was great at times and left something to be wanted at others. Henry McNulty has a deep and harrowing voice which works for parts of this, but for others, it just felt too deep and dark. The production quality was great, though. I didn’t notice any issues.

When I first saw this book, I had my doubts. I’m not a huge fantasy
Katy
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Terry Maggert creates a truly dismal outlook for humanity in his novel, "Banshee", save one thing--Dragons.

"Banshee" starts off much like a documentary with accounts from eyewitnesses about various (horrible) events. Demons rise from the depths of the earth and overtake cities, destroying most of mankind. Some people survive and provide first hand stories of the horrible slaughter that unfolds all over the world. Storyline follows these accounts, at first as a sprinkle and then become more and
Fox Emm
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fantasy is a unique genre. By nature it not only commands but requires a level of disbelief that other genres can dream of. Banshee compounds this by introducing science fiction elements. Sci-fi is yet another genre that requires more imagination on the part of the reader. Many indie authors aren’t up to the task and fall short of their grand intentions, leaving readers disappointed. As George R.R. Martin has proven, there is a science to character, plot, and world development in fantasy novels. ...more
Carla
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book after winning a Goodreads giveaway.

When I started reading this book I didn't know what to expect from it, I only knew that there were going to be dragons and a war. I oove not knowing what to expect as that leads to pleasant surprises like this one. I really enjoyed the story and the characters and how it all developed. I also liked the way that bits if chronicles were embedded between chapters. This added new and interesting information and facts about the story that compl
Karen
I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.The story is about how humans are trying to survive in a world invaded by demons.Dragons unite with humans to fight against their oppressors.I thoroughly enjoyed this unique mix of characters.The authors work fits into the fantasy genre of J.R.R. Tolkein and Terry Goodkind.I
Doris Marcantel
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Completely different!

This book was a breath of fresh air! Completely different from all of the other dystopian stories out there. Instead of nuclear war, death by illness , or zombies decimating the population- you have demons and dragons! If you want to read something completely different from everything out there, read this book!
David
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting variation on a theme.

While most of us have read books detailing the end of civilization, Mr. Maggert has thrown us a curve ball with a new variation, death by demon. An interesting new theme, interesting and highly readable. I look forward to sequels, as the ending is open, and recommend the book.
Sherri Manning
Kibayami
Jul 10, 2015
Fes Ijalana
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
Just dragons, that is all.
Emily
Apr 15, 2015
Dennis
Sep 13, 2015
ParlorSmoke
Jul 29, 2015
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Apr 21, 2015

• Plague Arcanist (Frith Chronicles, #4)
  • The Battlemage (Summoner, #3)
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
  • The Inquisition (Summoner, #2)
Left-handed. Father of an apparent nudist. Husband to a half-Norwegian. Herder of cats and dogs. Lover of pie. I write books. I've had an unhealthy fascination with dragons since the age of-- well, for a while. Native Floridian. Current Tennessean. Location subject to change based on insurrection, upheaval, or availability of coffee. Nineteen books and counting, with no end in sight. You've been w ...more