Start by marking “Transcendence: Aurora Rising Book Three (Aurora Rhapsody, #3)” as Want to Read:
Transcendence: Aurora Rising Book Three (Aurora Rhapsody, #3)

Transcendence: Aurora Rising Book Three

(Aurora Rhapsody #3)

What does it mean to be human? What if the price of saving humanity is giving up your own?

The year is 2322, and we stand upon the precipice of extinction.

The invading Metigen armada has decimated the eastern third of settled space in a matter of days, leaving tens of millions dead. Determined to save the heart of human civilization, Earth and Seneca at last put aside their
Published March 23rd 2015 by Hypernova Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Transcendence, please sign up.
G.S. Jennsen Yes! The audiobook is in production as we speak (with the same narrator, Pyper Down, as performed Starshine and Vertigo). Look for it to be released…moreYes! The audiobook is in production as we speak (with the same narrator, Pyper Down, as performed Starshine and Vertigo). Look for it to be released around the end of May/first of June.(less)
G.S. Jennsen You don't need to read the first two books (Starshine and Vertigo) to follow the plot, as I've included a fairly extensive summary of events at the…moreYou don't need to read the first two books (Starshine and Vertigo) to follow the plot, as I've included a fairly extensive summary of events at the beginning of Transcendence (you'd definitely need to read this). Of course, you'll miss a lot of the nuance and deeper meanings behind the events, as the summary can only convey so much.

Give it a try, and if you enjoy it maybe you'll WANT to go back and read the first two!(less)

James
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic conclusion to this epic sci-fi series and definitely one of my favourite books of the year!

I loved the ending to this grand sci-fi trilogy. Transcendence picks up right where Vertigo left off – in the middle of a war. Fortunately, humanity has managed to unite itself and overcome differences in the face of extinction by the invading Metigen armada. Alex and her friends must rush to come up with a plan to defeat the invaders without tipping their hand – difficult to do since it seems
Gabrielle
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How is it that these books just keep getting better and better? I love them!!
Stephen
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW Terrific space opera!!

If someone told me after I read the last of the Aurora Rising
trilogy that it was the authors' first effort, I would've been convinced the person was completely misinformed. I have been in touch with GS Jennsen thru email right after around her first book. Became clear to me that she had a deep and abiding desire to make sure all her readers were satisfied with her effort . Are you kidding me? Each book just keeps getting better and better . Plots are extremely well dev
Julie
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely brilliant. There is intrigue, action and romance. What I love about the previous books are the characters and they grow so much more in this one. There is an intensity to this book that really puts us among them, feeling what they feel. It's a roller coaster thrill ride that at times will leave you breathless with its speed. And yet everything is tied up nicely, I wasn't left feeling like I'd missed something or there were loose ends.

I'm sorry to see this trilogy end but the way is op
Jason
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
4.5 Stars

Transcendence, Aurora Rising #3 by G.S. Jennesen is a fantastic science fiction thriller with a tiny twist of romance. Great characters, cool science and an amazing heroine make this story work. I was so intrigued by the spaceship Siyane that I really hope it is even more of a feature in the later books. The second book was no let down. The additional backstory of our heroes was very welcome.

Loved it
T.A.
Mar 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As the captivating final chapter in the Aurora Rising trilogy, Transcendence definitely lives up to its potential. I loved the thought-provoking ideas raised in the story as Alex, Caleb, and other characters from the previous books team up with Artificials to save humanity from the aliens. (view spoiler) ...more
Kaleb
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I'm am at a loss of word for how undeniably awesome the Aurora Rising trilogy was it was by far one of the best series of books I have ever read and I can't wait to read more books from Aurora Rhapsody! As for Transcendence itself it was arguably the best book in the trilogy I read almost half of it in a day it was just to hard to put down for any extended period of time.
Mar 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm wanting to say that this was a great end to a really good series. But the end of this book left me hoping that maybe there is more to come...it wouldn't at all disappoint me if we got to read more about Alex and her adventures. This series had a fairly extensive character list and world building and because of that I'd love to see more to come!! My one disappointment with this book was that I didn't get enough of the main character (ok, maybe I'm wanting to have my cake and eat it too, after ...more
Beth Johnson
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads, quiltbag
A great ending to an amazing trilogy. I particularly loved the way the characters grew and changed over the course of the three novels. No one stayed particularly static, and they learned from their mistakes (mostly). I was also impressed that Jennsen wasn't afraid to pull any punches when it came to the more psychotic/sociopathic characters and their terrible, awful decisions. Bonus points for the unexpected twist at the end. I really did not see any of that coming.
Burt Md
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome Space Opera:

Transcendence represents a great conclusion to a terrific trio of novels. The author has created a complex, wonderful universe in the future with politics,intrigue, alien nasties,space battles and some interesting hard scifi. Keep up the great work Ms Jennsen!
Katie Cross
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best of all three.

That's really all I have to say.
Terry Dawson
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As their space cruiser – stealthed by technology ‘acquired’ from the aliens – slips through the space-time portal in the Metis nebula, Alex and Caleb return to a Galaxy threatened by a fleet of superdreadnoughts controlled by a far from benign Artificial Intelligence.

The demands of Hyperion, the ethereal being apparently controlling that artificial intelligence, are simple: the Earth Alliance and Senecan Federation will withdraw from a vast and already colonised area of space or face annihilatio
Peter
Oct 17, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I wrote a perhaps excessively harsh review of the first book, after having given up at 150 pages in. However I returned to it a week or so later persevered through to the end of the third book. Actually, the 3 books together are almost OK. There's a decent structure to the story and some nice sci fi ideas.

But. Oh my god, a decent editor could have cut this 3 volume series down to a pretty decent single volume of about 500 pages. There are too many characters who are corny at best and one dimens
Marcus Dean
Sep 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi-read
Transcendence shows us where every thread comes together, from seemingly insignificant details to confusing mysteries.

The way that GS Jennsen outlined her novels before finishing the first really benefits the reader in this book. It is very clear that this first trilogy is one cohesive story. While each novel has its own distinct voice and story, each of those are a piece of a much larger story. Transcendence is probably the heaviest novel on science fiction and space opera, and it works amazin
Roberto Abella
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
What a brilliant and amazing book. Hands down actually topped my favorite sci-fi novel and took its place. This trilogy has been incredible in more ways than one. The writing style, the plot and THE CHARACTERS YEEEESSSSS. Though its really hard for me to enjoy books with more than 2 POV's, Jennsen did a hell of a job because I enjoyed this book so much. Best conclusion I could've asked for this amazing trilogy and also to my amazing luck I just found out aurora rising is act 1 of 3 and Jennsen a ...more
Raymond Solsvik
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well....loved the story..trilogy is a hard thing to pull of, but the storyline pulles toghether nicely...a mix of space/AI/cybernetics kind of world, and i enjoyed it... very well written from my point of wiew...why i did not give this 5 stars: too much "mushi" love stuff...have to skip 7-8 pages with just" i love u...kiss me...feel me...fuck me..." the explicit love stuff did not compute for me inside this story of violence and war...
LAB☺
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
This is scifi with action, romance and emotional at times. I had trouble in the first book because it was a bit too technical for me and had a lot of characters in addition to the H and h (who are awesome). Now that I finished the last book I see how the first book was a very important setup for key parts in the story. This has turned out to be a great series for me - one of the best things I've read in a while.
E.D.E. Bell
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, romance
Aurora Rising is a great trilogy with a thought-provoking underlying premise, in the true spirit of science-fiction. I like that each book has a distinctive feel, giving it shape as a true trilogy. Starshine was mysterious and romantic, Vertigo was heart-wrenching and contemplative, and Transcendence was all finale all the way: fast-paced and exciting.

I basically couldn't put it down. That's my review.
Alan Mills
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Best of the three volumes of Aurora Rising Trilogy. But don't start here. You will miss all the details of character back stories that make this volume come alive.

In this third installment, Alexis continues to improve as a character. The battle scenes are great. The action keeps the reader turning the pages. Oh, and there are some REALLY funny scenes, perfect to break the tension of the action!

Very well done.
SarahLeeNotCake
Nov 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A satisfying conclusion to Aurora Rising, characters are familiar, action is well done and stories reach a perfect maturity. I really enjoyed Aurora Rising and fear that my next space opera will read very misogynistic now. Damn you Jennsen for writing a truely great feminist space faring adventure. My thanks
Stephanie Embry
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There's really nothing I could say here that I didn't already say for books 1 & 2. These books continue to offer an amazing story. Quality writing from an amazing imagination. The stakes are tense, but the individual lives of the characters continue to be the star. I'm looking forward to books 4-9. :)
Wyrn
Dec 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely adore this series. So much going on. Strong military tactical plots with strong characters. A few twists, keep me on edge throughout.
Lesley
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent conclusion to this trilogy. The story is far from over though, and I look forward to reading more of Alex Solovy's space adventures.
Cathie Stumpenhaus
A good story and completion of the trilogy. Fast paced, characters to love and to hate.
John Duhon
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Still surprising!

The ending want anything that I had imagined but damn it was good. A glorious romp through a possible future.
Chris Ehlers
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting finish to a great story.

Many times when an author writes a three part book the three parts began to separate by book three. Not the case here. The storyline is seamless. The characters continue to grow in depth and detail. The action is nonstop. Again the military actions, the science of AI’s, and the technology are well researched. I like that we don’t know what’s next for the main characters. They’re off to another adventure behind the portal. A great read.
Elyse
While this is not my usual genre and I found some frustrations with volume one of the 3-part series, the characters and the overall story have grown on me! Really enjoyed this third book in the first trilogy; probably the best of the three.

Nicely developed characters ~ each one is complex, exploring, and growing. Interesting plots twists interwoven to the climax.

As always, it's a pleasure to read a series with consistently strong female and male characters.
Dinnl
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this end to the trilogy. I admit to having difficulties keeping track of all the characters and I do not go back and look at the list at the front, but it was easier by the third book. I didnt expect to want to read further in the series, but now I plan to. The author had such a grasp of her complex 'world' and I didn't find any plot holes. That in itself is quite some feat!
Steve Phillips
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! The author's inventiveness and creativity grew again, and this book did not disappoint at all. I wrote a bit more about this book and the trilogy as a whole in my review of Starshine, the first book. Great stuff!
Kathryn Joy
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adventure-sci-fi
Excellent adventure continues. I particularly like the character development — there is a high degree of complexity among the many distinct characters that inhabit this story — this is handled very well.
  • The Winter Boy
  • Earth 2788 (Earth Girl, #0.25)
  • Freehold
  • The Machine God (The Drifting Isle Chronicles #3)
  • Into the Parallel (Parallelogram, #1)
  • Forgotten Suns
  • Lightspeed Magazine, June 2015: Queers Destroy Science Fiction! Special Issue
  • Die Suche beginnt (Die Chroniken der Seelenwächter, #1)
  • Breakout (Dred Chronicles, #3)
  • Stealing the Elf-King's Roses
  • Thornfruit (The Gardener's Hand, #1)
  • Dakiti (Ziva Payvan, #1)
  • Near + Far
  • Between Mountain and Sea: Paradisi Chronicles
  • Unforgettable You
  • The Rules of Love (Rulebook, #1)
  • Crossfire (Crossfire, #1)
  • The Lead Cloak (The Lattice Trilogy, #1)
G. S. Jennsen is a science and speculative fiction author, as well as a futurist, geek, gamer, programmer and editor. She lives in Colorado with her husband and two dogs. She has written ten novels, all published by her imprint, Hypernova Publishing, and has become an internationally bestselling author since her first novel, Starshine, was published in March 2014. She has chosen to continue writin ...more

Aurora Rhapsody (9 books)
  • Starshine (Aurora Rising, #1)
  • Vertigo (Aurora Rising, #2)
  • Sidespace (Aurora Renegades, #1)
  • Dissonance (Aurora Renegades, #2)
  • Abysm (Aurora Renegades #3; Aurora Rhapsody #6)
  • Relativity (Aurora Resonant, #1)
  • Rubicon (Aurora Resonant, #2)
  • Requiem (Aurora Resonant, #3)
“Noah gave an exaggerated eye roll. “Just out of curiosity, is this the stupidest thing you’ve ever done?”

“It wouldn’t be fair to rank them.” Caleb gunned the engine.”
5 likes
“A pulse. Beat-beating against her palm. Alive.

Beat by beat the bottomless whirlwind of perceptions and data and images and sensations careening through her mind—so many how can this tiny skull hold them all—began to abate in time to the rhythm of not her pulse, but his.”
4 likes