Start by marking “After You (Me Before You, #2)” as Want to Read:
After You (Me Before You, #2)

After You

(Me Before You #2)

3.71  ·  Rating details ·  225,264 ratings  ·  19,821 reviews
How do you move on after losing the person you loved? How do you build a life worth living?

Louisa Clark is no longer just an ordinary girl living an ordinary life. After the transformative six months spent with Will Traynor, she is struggling without him. When an extraordinary accident forces Lou to return home to her family, she can’t help but feel she’s right back whe
Published September 29th 2015 by Pamela Dorman Books (first published September 23rd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about After You, please sign up.
Robyn Carpenter I think I have a more unpopular opinion in regards to this. Me Before You made me sad...in no way did I feel relieved or find a super positive outlook…moreI think I have a more unpopular opinion in regards to this. Me Before You made me sad...in no way did I feel relieved or find a super positive outlook on the book, and I still don't feel Will made the right choice in the end. I NEED to live in a story where Lou moves on and potentially finds happiness. If I were her, I'd have a very hard time letting myself feel vulnerable again.(less)
Erica Phiri Lou Clark and Will had me crying and laughing for the few days I encountered them. They became real than people I see on a daily basis. That was a…moreLou Clark and Will had me crying and laughing for the few days I encountered them. They became real than people I see on a daily basis. That was a very good novel. I missed them as well when I finished and I cried so bad, snort and everything as I read the chapter when Will says his good byes to Lou. Wow Jojo Moyes outdid herself. I actually do not want to think of a sequel as I am still grieving. You know that grief you have after a good read. I don't think anything should surpass that for this week lol (less)

Emily May
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, arc, 2015
2 1/2 stars. It's hard to have to say this, but it's not completely unexpected either. When I finally gave in to the hype and read Me Before You a couple years ago, I absolutely and unapologetically loved it. Like many of its fans, I've been waiting with bated breath for this sequel. But it just isn't strong enough or... needed.

That's what it comes down to. After You was written to satisfy a craving in the minds of Lou and Will's fans. When we've loved a book, we all have those questions: what w
Kristie
Feb 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, gcac_2016
***If you have not read Me Before You, please note that there are spoilers for the end of that book in this review. ***

I have seen a lot of negative reviews for this book, most of which compare it to Me Before You. I get it. Me Before You was amazing. I fell in love with the characters too. This book, however, is not Me Before You.

So many people loved Lou from Me Before You and wanted to know what happened to her after the book ended. Then, when they are given a book that tells them what happen
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
When I first heard that Me Before You would have a sequel I wondered how Jojo Moyes would be able to pull it off. It either could go fairly decently or be a big old hot mess.
How do you top a book that was perfection to me?
Palm Springs commercial photography

The author does have a bit at the beginning asking readers to not spoil anything for other readers and I will respect that, because just because a book doesn't work for me doesn't mean that everyone will feel that same way.
It's just that....I felt so personally invested in th
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I hate to upset fans of Me Before You (hell, I'm a huge fan of Me Before You), but this was a very underwhelming sequel. I think if you are expecting the emotional punch of the first book you are going to be sorely disappointed.

I'm not ashamed to say that Me Before You had me up reading until very late at night and then crying my eyes out until very early the next morning. It was the kind of book that sticks with you, the kind of book that is extremely hard to follow up. It ended on a very power
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more

I really, really didn't like ME BEFORE YOU.

It was heartbreaking, but it was the heartbreak of an impartial observer. I liked Louisa Clark, but, for whatever reason, I never connected with her the way I do in a well-developed story, and the story itself was so . . . unlikely.

I suppose it felt like tragedy for tragedy's sake.

And that shit pisses me off.

If you're going to ground my heart into the pavement, there had better be a damn good reason for it.

But ME BEFORE YOU was like Moyes tho
Danny Phanton
Feb 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bueno, bueno, este libro lo comencé hace mucho pero no me atrapo y porque sentía que no era la Louisa que ya conocíamos y lo deje por casi un mes pero decidí darle una oportunidad más y no me arrepiento, la verdad es que puede parecer un poco extraño leerlo al principio pero conforme vas avanzando te va atrapando y enamorando de nuevo esa escritura de Moyes y por supuesto a Lou, vemos lo que pasa después. (view spoiler) ...more
Alejandro
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novel, romance, humor
Louisa Clark returns!!!

This novel is the sequel to “Me Before You”, so you need to read that book first to be able to engage into this one.

BECAUSE LIFE DOESN’T END LIKE BOOKS

I am truly glad that Jojo Moyes, the author, decided to write this sequel, since while Me Before You has a proper closure and you could be totally satisfied there, well, life doesn’t have “endings” like the books, and certainly while Will Traynor’s storyline ends there, Louisa Clark have a whole life in front of her and
Lindsey Rey
Mar 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, contemporary
I laughed, I cried, I laughed so hard that I cried, and then I sobbed ridiculously. This book has some of the best examples of female friendship I have ever seen in my life and I absolutely love Lily and Lou's friendship. So beautiful! The only problem I had was that near the end of the book something SUPER DRAMATIC happens that didn't need to happen and I was just like ugggggh.
Megan Johnson
Apr 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
After reading Me Before You, I couldn't help but want to keep the story going. Lou was charming and understandably heartbroken, and despite knowing that sequels rarely live up to the original, I decided to give it a go.

After You is so different from Me Before You that it often felt like a standalone more than a sequel...which was both good and bad. It was good in that I didn't feel like I had to spend the length of the read constantly comparing the two in order to determine whether it was a goo
Elyse Walters
At the start of "After You", I told my friend Iris..."well, it's not as bad as I was expecting". I never thought it was a great idea to write a sequel to "Me Before You"...
a 'favorite' book by many people.... drawing conversations about 'the ending' from people all over the globe. For one thing, "Me Before You" was never written 'with' the intention of their being a follow up. "After You", was an "After Thought".
Expecting a complete plane crash...I found myself interested & engaged in the b
Nicky
Review after the read

3 - Because I love Jojo Moyes - Stars

I'm sorry, I'm very sorry to say that I would've preferred that this book was never born. I'll try to forget. For me Lou & Will's story ended with the last page of Me before you. I don't think we needed a new story.

I'm not saying this is bad, it's Jojo - it can't, but it just kind of ruined part of what I imagined for Lou after the end of the first book. And every single time I read Will's name in this my heart skipped a beat, and I c
Arlene
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You are going to feel uncomfortable in your new world for a bit. It always does feel strange to be knocked out of your comfort zone… There is hunger in you, Clark. You just buried it, like most people do. ~Will...

Nothing short of beautiful! An emotionally charged story about healing and learning to believe in yourself after a painful loss. I am in love with this story!

After You was definitely my most anticipated releases for 2015, and it absolutely didn’t disappoint one bit! I fell in love with
emma
(This review contains spoilers for Me Before You.)
With unexpected sequels like this one, I suppose it comes down to whether the sequel adds anything to the original. And I’m going to say this one doesn’t.

I recognize the temptation to write a follow-up to Me Before You. That one smashed it, a rare combination of being a Goodreads ratings darling and having commercial/bestseller success. It’s an absolute goldmine. Of course you’d want to beat that particular
James
Dec 04, 2016 rated it liked it
3 stars to Jojo Moyes's After You, the follow-up to Me Before You, which was a very popular book made into a movie earlier this year. The "After You" sequel is good (not as good), but for a different reason. Many folks complained about the need for this second book, and with the first one being made into a movie, it may have been a required follow-up as opposed to a story that yearned to be told... either case, I did enjoy it. Let's dive in...

Story
The book opens about 18 months after the first
Ahmad Sharabiani
After You (Me Before You, #2), Jojo Moyes
After You is a romance novel written by Jojo Moyes, a sequel to Me Before You. The book was first published on 29 September 2015 in the United Kingdom. A second sequel, Still Me, was published in January 2018. It continues the story of Louisa Clark after Will's death. She is trying to move on. She was convinced by his motivation to change, so she moved to London and got a job in an airport coffee shop. One night, she decides to go up the roof of her build
Jeanne
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: br

So disappointing....

Jojo Moyes is one of my top favorite authors, I have loved every book I have read of hers up until this one. Me Before You is in my top five favorite books of all time, I still get emotional just thinking about that story. I wish so much that I could say this novel was a worthy sequel, but to me it just wasn't, not even close. This sequel in my opinion, is the exact reason that kind of perfection just shouldn't be messed with. Me Before You was written as a stand alone, and
Maria Clara
Terminado y, lo siento, pero no lo voy a puntuar. Sinceramente, podría darle cinco estrellas a la historia, pero ¿qué hago con ese final?
ZaRi
Nov 27, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novel
یک ادامه بسیار ضعیف برای یک کتاب ضعیف.
کتاب«من پیش از تو» اگر از نظر محتوایی و ساختاری هیچ چیزی نداشت لااقل عنصر کشش در نوشتش خوب بکار گرفته شده بود تا مخاطب را تا پایان همراهی کند اما موقع خواندن این کتاب حس میکردم یک نفر نویسنده را به زور وادار کرده (احتمالن هم آن یک نفر کسی نبوده به جز خود نویسنده همراه با قلقلک های حساب بانکیش پس از فروش من پیش از تو!) ) تا بنشیند و برای کتابش ادامه بنویسد.
خواندن یا نخواندن این کتاب هیچ تاثیری بر زندگی هیچ کس نخواهد داشت. مدتهاست دیگر میدانم زمانی که نام یک
Suzanne
May 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, keeper
4.5 stars. Only cause it can't live up to book number one, nor should it have to.

I was absolutely impressed and delighted with this sequel. As we all know, this was one hard act to follow. Jojo Moyes had not planned to offer a follow up to the perfect Me Before You, but as Lou and Will were so wonderful to read about, we were lucky that she decided to write again for us.

My thoughts are that this does not have to live up to its predecessor, it’s its own story, and I loved it. Lou is unique and w
Christina
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

***This will contain spoilers for Me Before You, for those who haven't read it yet***

"Sometimes I look at the lives of the people around me and I wonder if we aren't all destined to leave a trail of damage. It's not just your mum and dad who fuck you up. I gazed around me, like someone suddenly handed clear glasses, and I saw that pretty much everyone bore the brutal imprint of love, whether it was lost, whipped away from them, or simply vanished into a grave. Will had done it to all of
Carol
After You is the highly anticipated sequel to Me Before You (do read first) and I so wish I could say that it blew me away. The story is all about letting him go and moving on, a tough topic for sure, but just does not compare to the tremendous impact I experienced after reading Me Before You.

Without giving away any spoilers, I'll just say the beginning is excellent with the introduction of ambulance Sam, and the unexpected appearance of Lily (view spoiler)

Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
Jojo Moyes has written at the beginning of this book that she doesn't want anyone writing a review to spoil what happens in Me Before you, the first book in the series. And, I fully understand that. So that left me with a choice to either write a review that more or less didn't bring up anything that happens in this book that could spoil the first book or spoiler tag the whole review. I have chosen to write a review that doesn't spoil the book.

First of all, do I want to say that you need to read
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
So let’s talk a second about my newfound dabbling in the world of audiobooks. I have long-since learned the words to every single song in the history of the world and wanted something different for my morning commute instead of this . . . .

(That is 100% the look my husband gives me when I insist on singing too!)

Anywho, please note said commute is still not very long so, at best, I get through one “part” of an audiobook each weekday. Despite having both an e-version as well as a paper version o
Giselle
An Electronic Advance Reader Copy was provided by the publisher via NetGalley for review.

There's this version in my head where the actions from the previous book Me Before You is irrelevant. Readers who have read the book know exactly what I'm talking about, that moment in the end where things could have ended differently. Way differently. And then I realized there was going to be a sequel. How would life go on after everything that happened? How would each and every one of the characters move o
*P*u*r*p*l*e* Masochist
O...M...G!!! *o* This is really happening!

I just hope my heart survives it for the 2nd time...

Jasmine
You never know what will happen, when you fall from a great height.

***Actual rating: 3.5/5 relieving stars.***

I didn't plan on reading this today, or any time soon, but when I suddenly had an entire afternoon in a bookstore, AND this beautiful book happened to be there in front of me...how could I resist? So I quickly skimmed through the entire book and gladly, many parts of the story caught my undivided attention.

Apparently, we followed Louisa Clark's life without Will's company and even
Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #

DNF @53%...so 2-STARS is a rating ONLY for the parts I've managed to read.

description

Way to ruin a perfect story...

STAY AWAY FROM IT, GUYS.

Just read Book#1 and leave it at that...
♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
3 Moving on ★'s

“You’re going to feel uncomfortable in your new world for a bit. It always does feel strange to be knocked out of your comfort zone . . . There is a hunger in you, Clark. A fearlessness. You just buried it, like most people do. Just live well. Just live.”

Sadly "After You" was just well... It was an okay read! I was initially very excited about reading this because I completely adored Me Before You. But it was severely lacking :( It was really quite boring, with a few funny bits t
Rebecca Carter
Incase you somehow missed the fantastic first book - "Me Before You" - "After You" is the follow up. Just as tear jerking and funny as the first, "After You" catches up with Louisa after the events of the first book. We discover how she's coping without Will to care for, and whether she's doing as he instructed her to do - to just live. It's great to catch up and revisit the Traynors and Lou's mad but loving family, and see how they are all coping in the aftermath of Will's decision, as well as ...more
Louisa and Sam 1 9 Aug 12, 2018 10:17AM
  • Be Frank With Me
  • A Window Opens
  • After I Do
  • We Never Asked for Wings
  • The Silent Sister (Riley MacPherson, #1)
  • My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry
  • Someone Else's Love Story
  • Dancing on Broken Glass
  • Inside the O'Briens
  • The First Last Kiss
Jojo Moyes is a British novelist.

Moyes studied at Royal Holloway, University of London. She won a bursary financed by The Independent newspaper to study journalism at City University and subsequently worked for The Independent for 10 years. In 2001 she became a full time novelist.

Moyes' novel Foreign Fruit won the Romantic Novelists' Association (RNA) Romantic Novel of the Year in 2004.

She is mar

Me Before You (3 books)
  • Me Before You (Me Before You, #1)
  • Still Me
“You don't have to let that one thing be the thing that defines you.” 301 likes
“I loved a man who had opened up a world to me but hadn’t loved me enough to stay in it.” 218 likes