Start by marking “Disconnection” as Want to Read:
Disconnection

Disconnection

There is a serial killer on the loose in New Orleans. Someone is branding, stabbing, and strangling young girls. Their mutilated bodies are being found in the depths of the Mississippi River. Beleaguered detective Lewis Kline and his colleagues believe the occult may be involved, but they have no leads. And the killer shows no sign of slowing down. Then Sela, a troubled yo ...more
Published July 1st 2005 by Medallion Press

To ask other readers questions about Disconnection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Disconnection

Bandit
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
In my ever diligent pursuit of finding worthwhile female genre authors, I picked up this book. Sometimes it pays to judge the book by its cover. In this case judging by the unimaginative cover art and unoriginal and awkwardly phrased ("almost unimaginable" well, is it or isn't it) back cover description, one might imagine that this would at best pass the time and one would be accurate. Basically there is a bunch of fairly chiched and not particularly interesting characters crammed into a story t ...more
Regan
Jul 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a fun book to read. Everybody knows that one girl, troubled, independent, strong, intelligent.... Sela is a perfect written example of the 20 something trouble woman. The only thing that confused me about her character was that she was in her 20ish, but made a lot of references to the mid 1990s grunge era. I think the character would have been a bit young to really remember it. If that's the worse thing about this book, then it's not too bad.

This is a combination of a great serial kille
Katherine Phillips
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a good start for an obviously talented writer who seemed to be aiming for the mass-market, beach-reading set. I imagine we will be hearing from her again when she aims higher than her two debut horror books.
Steph Bostock
Jun 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Felt the ending was a bit rushed and confusing, but overall enjoyed it.
Fiona Watkins
Overall an ok book. I didn't love it and I didn't hate it. The pot had potential I just am not sure it reached as high as it could have done in terms of characters and satisfaction of reading.
Erin Samiloglu
Nov 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This book is amazing! And the writer is really hot too!
Veronica
Mar 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: paranormal
Not sure about this book. It started well and I sort of liked it, but I found it a bit unsettling, hence only 2 stars. I don't think I would read another by the same author.
Daniel
Mar 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was very good and has thrillers everywhere, you won't believe who the killers are. I highly recommend for ages 15+ (has strong language)
claire williment