Start by marking “Savage Light (Darkening Light #2)” as Want to Read:
Savage Light (Darkening Light #2)

Savage Light

(Darkening Light #2)

Marsa has always struggled with the fact she goes unnoticed. Her best friend is the one chosen to rid the world of all evil; the man Marsa loves barely knows she exists; and her sole remaining family member dies at the hand of the last evil man in the world.

When all evil is finally defeated, Marsa thinks she'll at last have the life she wants, even if her mother isn't th
Published February 24th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Savage Light, please sign up.
Janeal Falor Yes, this is like Ever Darkening, but from Marsa's perspective.

Start your review of Savage Light (Darkening Light #2)
Mike
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow, just wow. Savage Light is one of those books that will stay with me for a long time. Something that will make me think and argue with myself over and over again.

In Savage Light Falor does an amazing job of repositioning the epic battle of good vs. evil. She asks the question what would happen if the last evil person were eliminated from the world? She gives us an answer that is both thrilling and heartbreaking. Complex.

Savage Light is the story of Marsa, a young Zophas. The Zophas are yo
Ally (The Scribbling Sprite)
I'm not entirely sure how I want to rate this book, so I guess I'll just leave it unrated for now. From what I understand, Savage Light is basically the author's previous book, Ever Darkening, revamped and told from Marsa's point of view instead of Kaylyn's.

I'll admit that at first I was a bit wary to read it based off the description. The "her best friend is the one chosen to rid the world of all evil" and "when all evil is finally defeated" parts....well, they made it come across as pretty juv
Faye
May 22, 2015 rated it liked it
I just realized there's another book before this and I'm wondering if I should have read that first even if it was told on a different pov.

This was actually very different at the same time common with light vs. dark. The only thing is that once the evil has been vanquished, it's up to nature to set the balance. Sadly, I felt the book lacking, it seemed too bland and don't get me started with the characters. Marsa was such a downer with her relationship to her mother, her almost sister, and the g
Megan
Savage Light was a different type of book. I found out after I got it that it's the same story as another book, Ever Darkening, but told from someone else's POV. I don't think I've read a book like that before, maybe that's why I didn't get everything right away? However, I do agree with others that it does stand on it's own, but I'll definitely be reading the other book so I get the full story - plus I'm very curious to see Kaylyn's POV (view spoiler) ...more
Cayt Landis
May 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Savage Light by Janeal Falor is the companion novel to Darkening Light. This book tells the same story as Darkening Light, but from the perspective of Marsa. Marsa is a young woman who once fought to end the existence of evil in the world. After the last evil person is killed, Marsa and her people think that the world will be full of light and peace. When a strange darkness begins to spread, Marsa and her friends must investigate and find out what new evil approaches.

I like the idea behind Savag
Minerva
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Would like to thank Janeal Falor for gifting me this book for a honest review.

I am a big fan Janeal Falor's Mine series great series. This series is very different, we get evil beings that are needing to be killed. A battle between good and evil...

We are introduced to Marsa a young girl on the good side the Zophas, trained to protect and having just lost her mother to one of these evil Malryx people . I was a bit confused on how are these beings are evil? I would of liked a little bit more infor
Claire
May 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
* I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. *

So I knew there was another book but i didn't realize until half way through this one that it was from Kaylyn's pov. Not sure it really matters though that I haven't read Ever darkening.

My thoughts on this book are really mixed well I did like it, I had a lot of problems with it at the same time. First off the love square (as I can't call it a triangle) was far to laid out for the reader I thought it was pretty much obviou
Jonel
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kobo
Falor’s polished writing really shines through in this unique tale. She takes the idea of dark vs light and gives it a twist. It is a complex tale of good vs evil, but is also a quick, light read. The plot is well crafted, taking readers on an unexpected journey. Falor evokes readers’ emotions throughout, giving you a chance to feel your way through tale. I found that world building was quite dependent on the previous novel, however other than that this could easily be read as a standalone.

Falor
Kami
May 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Savage Light

I haven't read Ever Darkening, so I really didn't know what was going on. I liked the story and I would be interested in reading Ever Darkening. Apparently Savage Light is the same book told from another character's point of view. I liked Marsa and I liked the quest that she goes on. I probably should have read Ever Darkening first and then I wouldn't have been so confused. But, overall a pretty good book. 4 stars.
Liz
Apr 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really loved this book. There were a few things from Ever Darkening that I didn't quite get, but this book pulled everything together. I'm a huge Marsa fan and was sad to see how the first book ended for her. This book made me even more of a Marsa fan. Seeing inside her head for the end was very helpful and more along where my thoughts would've been, had I been her. I can't wait to see what the next book in the series brings.
Samantha
Apr 28, 2015
Amy
Apr 27, 2016
Janeal Falor
Dec 04, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: fantasy, my-books
Amanda
May 03, 2015
Sanya
May 09, 2015
Never Too Old For...: Read 4 Review #257 - Savage Light (Closed) 31 54 Jun 04, 2015 04:10AM
Janeal Falor lives in Utah with her husband and three children. In her non-writing time she teaches her kids to make silly faces, cooks whatever strikes her fancy, and attempts to cultivate a garden even when half the things she plants die. When it's time for a break she can be found taking a scenic drive with her family or drinking hot chocolate.

Darkening Light (2 books)
  • Ever Darkening (Darkening Light #1)