Start by marking “The Honeydrop Tree: a novelette” as Want to Read:
The Honeydrop Tree: a novelette

The Honeydrop Tree: a novelette

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  2 ratings  ·  1 review
The lost community of Apistown trades honey with the outside world to survive. But its children do not know where the honored honey comes from—nor about the guilt the town must bear.

One night, Amelia, Isaac, and Cassie dream of a great tree. Honey seeps through the tree’s fruit and falls to waiting vessels below.

Could this be Apistown’s lifeblood? Is such a tree possible?

T
ebook
Published March 1st 2015 by Matthew S. Rosin

To ask other readers questions about The Honeydrop Tree, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Honeydrop Tree

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·
 ·  2 ratings  ·  1 review

Start your review of The Honeydrop Tree: a novelette
Anita
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Chilling dark fable about children in a community with a secret that trades honey in order to survive. Reminiscent of Shirley Jackson's The Lottery, works on several levels like Jose Saramago's The Tale of the Unknown Island. It's a visceral, compelling read with strong sensory detail.
Bob Ryskamp
Jul 13, 2017
Jill Corddry
marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2017
I’m a dad, husband, author, and composer based in the Bay Area, California. Once upon a time, I was an education thinker and policy wonk. (I hold a Ph.D. in Education.) But nowadays, my passion for understanding how people learn and grow runs through my creative work and family life.

I write about fatherhood and how it changes me, including the Reflections On Fatherhood podcast.

I write fiction of a