Start by marking “Unbeatable Mind: Forge Resiliency and Mental Toughness to Succeed at an Elite Level” as Want to Read:

With over 100 Five-Star Reviews, Unbeatable Mind (2nd Edition) has deeply impacted the lives of thousands of people seeking strength in their thinking, mental-state, and self-development with a curated package of tools and techniques not easily found anywhere else.

In this revised and updated version of Unbeatable Mind (3rd Edition), Mark Divine offers his philosophy and m
Kindle Edition, Third Edition, 250 pages
Published February 24th 2015 by Mark Divine (first published December 17th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Unbeatable Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unbeatable Mind

Shari
Oct 17, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bit of a turnoff with trope like the "Law of Attraction" (from The Secret) and "you only use 10% of your brain", but there are some gems to be gleaned. Much of it felt like an ad for his SEALFit fitness program. The Kindle version was badly edited, many of the images just had big red "X" instead of the image itself, etc.

There are better "Mind Training" books on the market, but he has an interesting story and is an great veteran.
Phil
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: skimmed-it, self-help
Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't help but see this book as anything other than a hook to try to get naive and unsuspecting readers to just buy more of the author's books, attend his seminars, etc. When reading stuff like this, I sometimes visualize what the author must be thinking as we sheep purchase the books, hoping it will turn us into navy SEAL warriors (or something on par with) just by forking over loads of money. The vision is just tantalizingly out of reach--just train your mind just ...more
Costantine Plassaras
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This guy is rocking! Ex-navy seals and now Navy Seals instructor/trainer! When you begin reading the book, you think: "Ok that macho guy will only mention superfit recommendations and have that macho(stupid) attitude." NOT AT ALL. The guy is wise enough folks (meditation, karate, yoga, spiritual advices, mental toughness = supercool advices for anyone who wants to be resilient)
Paul
May 09, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are some good ideas in this book, but nothing new. Its a little short on practical info. I suspect this is just to wet your appetite for the authors online course
Miguel Ángel Alonso Pulido
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: no-ficcion
Hay muchos libros que te prometen la clave para convertirte de la noche a la mañana en un líder, un conquistador o un tipo seguro de sí mismo. Normalmente, ninguno de ellos cumple lo que promete. En el caso de este libro de Mark Divine, creo que sí lo hace, porque lo que promete es darte las herramientas y hacerte pensar para crear una mente imbatible que te permita triunfar en el objetivo que te propongas. Lo compré por impulso, tras leer las primeras páginas, y estoy muy satisfecho de esa deci ...more
Rik Scarborough
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book for starting good mental attitudes

Pulled a lot of good things out of the first read, and marked up a lot for future study. I am pleased that I found that the author's teaching complements my study of Christian views and Aikido philosophy.
Sue
Jun 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help

I had a hard time getting through this. Put it down, pick it up...over and over. The reader in me wanted to finish because I paid for it and I kept waiting for that magic "ah ha!" moment where I would discover all of this disipline I am desperately seeking. This is more about 'disipline of your mind'. No matter, I thought. I will keep going and maybe I will learn something.

I did find a few gems in there that I personally found helpful. About 1/2 way into the book Mark talks about:

Trustworthines
Harper Wall
May 29, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
When I finished reading this I dropped it in my trashcan before realizing what I was doing. Thankfully, there wasn't anything sticky or wet in there when I picked it back out.

This book was the worst organized book I have ever read or attempted to read. The page 140, where he doesn't quite fully explain SMARTP-FITS as an acronym, was the most telling example of his terrible writing.

The aspect that really sunk the whole experience for me was when he would include new age nonsense ideas into how
Christopher Brennan
Feb 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
I have followed Mark Divine's SEALFit.com Programing in the past and find his work to be exciting and informative. In this book he crystallizes many complex topics in a way that may seem superficial to someone unfamiliar with the concepts but with a purity that evokes the concise language of Epictetus or Musashi.
Anthony Masaryk
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a self-help junkie thoroughly in mid-life, I was in need of something to get my life back to exploring the limits of my capabilities. This book contains a potential X-factor to do just that. For a young person, 16 or above, it may contain much information that the reader would not already be familiar with. Regardless of age, it is only too easy to read a book of great advice and not do anything with it, or do very little. So I must confess, seeing that I was probably heading down that path, I ...more
Gabe Wood
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So good. I liked the idea of the observer more than anything. That special place of witness that's not your conscious or your feelings, it the thing inside all of us that can recognize what we are thinking. That point of view that can say "oooh, I am feeling negative, I should probably do something about that". or "I am having an aggressive line of thoughts, let's do a course correction". So cool. That totally exists and we can utilize in such a good way.

1. Live an examined life, and embrace sac
Ross McDougall
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks, personal
This is a cool book!

Divine has seen and done a lot of things, and it's really helpful to piggy-back on his experiences to find practices one can look to implement in their own life. There's heaps of practical exercises that you can try out straight away, and Divine discusses the thoughts and feelings he was having through them so you have an idea of what to expect.

It's obviously working to get the reader into the 'Divine Ecosystem' of training materials and schools, but there's plenty in the boo
Peter Van Der Walt
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book works on two levels... Firstly, it falls in the category of Ex-FBI/Ex-CIA/Ex-Soldier (in this case, Navy SEAL) Management Help books (like self help, but for career climbers). In this category it is a three star book.

But.

Mental discipline and hygiene books are very hard to find. Most of them tend to be in fields like Buddhism or Meditation.

In this category, the book is excellent. Learning how to channel, control and even utilize emotions is a very important skill to have - for SEALS
Nina
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
I picked this up because I was curious to learn more about the Navy SEAL way of life. However I don't feel I learned a whole lot from it. The book often felt like an advert for the author's paid training program. What is explained about the SEALS is very basic and honestly confusing. Beyond that there are recurrent subjects from Eastern philosophy which I am already familiar with and thus didn't satisfy my desire for new information either. It's not all bad though, the author is right that when ...more
Cynthia Rennolds
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“How To” Ramp Your Life to the Next Level

Mark Divine has written a how to self help book to inspire the average person to become an uncommon man. Using the principles and methods he learned as a NAvy Seal Divine’s book explores ways to ramp up your thought process to the next level. This book is not as motivating as David Goggin’s “Can’t Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds”. Divine’s book, however, gives practical advice on how to become more Seal-like. Best to read both books side by si
Ron Madamba
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is just absolutely incredible! Mark develops his superior leadership skills as a Navy Seal to shape him into a warrior through developing mental toughness, resiliency, and focused concentration to create the states of consciousness that he desires. Through meditation, visualization, martial arts, self-talk, and by developing a warrior spirit, Mark creates the conditions for his life and teaches you how to develop the same mental fortitude. I would highly recommend this book to those wh ...more
Christopher Mahussier
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
Scott W.
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I've never bookmarked so many pages of a book on my nook! I'm not going to meditate and practice yoga every day; I will practice gratitude, take a few moments each morning to create a positive mindset, and I've created a mantra. This book is an excellent addition to the arsenal.
Jahongir Rahmonov
May 08, 2017 rated it liked it
I listened to the audio version of the book. I don't think I learned anything substantial from this book unfortunately. It was very hard to follow and I already knew many things from other books that I read. I guess military books are not my cup of tea.
Guy
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very surprised. Not quite what I thought it was going to be. Thought it would be a very military oriented and a harder more hard approach to mental toughness. In the end it had a very enlightened approach but in a very simple approach and delivery.
Jeff Barnes
Jun 28, 2018 rated it liked it
There is some great nuggets and systems taught in here. By far the diagrams at the end are very valuable. I disliked him selling his other programs and products which took away from the value of what this book really is. I have taken some of his stuff and began to use it.
Antoine Buteau
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed unbeatable mind. It is a rather short read with useful tools and lessons to develop mental toughness. I disliked the last piece on building high performance team as I felt the author could have expanded more on it.
Michelle Lines
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'd give the first half of this book five stars - I think I was able to take away a large amount of useful information. I didn't find the later sections on building teamwork quite as applicable for the purpose I'm after right now.
James Person
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great advice, must be done not just read

This book is exciting in what it proposes and hold up as possibility but, in the end, is only as valuable as the individuals willingness to put it into practice. It is also a bit like an extended as for Divine's other products.
Vikrama Dhiman
Oct 04, 2018 rated it liked it
This is an average book. Amazon recommended this based on last few books I purchased and it was just a waste of time. There was nothing that the previous books haven’t covered. However, there was a passage about beliefs: relative and universal, that was interesting.
Robert Rodriguez
Mar 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Like any other type of self-help book there was some really good stuff and some other things that didn't resonate with me.
AJ
Nov 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Had some good parts but seemed to promotional for his other products and not applicable to all parts of life
Zack Knight
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Divine!

The perfect name for a great author and a great mentor. This is a must read and a must practice.
Salomon
Sep 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Good advice.
Fabian Il.
Feb 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Typical book on am Warrior Mindset.
  • How to Spot a Liar: Why People Don't Tell the Truth...and How You Can Catch Them
  • The Handbook of the Navigator
  • Mama Gena's School of Womanly Arts: Using the Power of Pleasure to Have Your Way with the World
  • Everyone's Guide to Demons  Spiritual Warfare: Simple, Powerful Tools for Outmaneuvering Satan in Your Daily Life
  • Living the Martial Way: A Manual for the Way of Modern Warrior Should Think
  • Five Good Minutes: 100 Morning Practices to Help You Stay Calm and Focused All Day Long
  • Navy SEAL Training Guide: Mental Toughness
  • The New Toughness Training for Sports: Mental Emotional Physical Conditioning from 1 World's Premier Sports Psychologis
  • P.T. Barnum: America's Greatest Showman
  • Pandolfini's Ultimate Guide to Chess
  • The Power of Consistency: Prosperity Mindset Training for Sales and Business Professionals
  • Why You're Dumb, Sick and Broke...and How to Get Smart, Healthy and Rich!
  • Cherokee Feast of Days: Daily Meditations
  • A Wrestling Life: The Inspiring Stories of Dan Gable
  • Promise Me (Promise Me, #1)
  • The Art Of Thinking In Systems: Improve Your Logic, Think More Critically, And Use Proven Systems To Solve Your Problems - Strategic Planning For Everyday Life
  • What Women Want When They Test Men: How to Decode Female Behavior, Pass a Woman's Tests, and Attract Women Through Authenticity
  • Rich Food Poor Food: Your Grocery Purchasing System
“Always meet your commitments. Do more than is expected of you. Do things faster than expected. Achieve better results than expected. Do all of the above with integrity and with little fanfare.” 8 likes
“to live an uncommon life, one needs learn uncommon disciplines.” 6 likes