Start by marking “Tailing Her (Quick & Furry, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tailing Her (Quick & Furry, #2)

Tailing Her

(Lions in the City #2)

Quick & Furry: Love, Laughs, and a Bit of Rawr on the Go.

Jennifer Palmer doesn’t have time for a mate. Yes, she’s a werelion whose beast is all about sexing up the hot beta, but she’s in the middle of prosecuting a high profile criminal case. Her primary responsibility is to see the bad guy ends up behind bars. Scratching her mating itch and screaming Brett’s name as
ebook
Published March 8th 2015 by Summerhouse Publishing (first published February 26th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Tailing Her, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tailing Her

Start your review of Tailing Her (Quick & Furry, #2)
Stephanne88
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4/5 stars

Good read and characters were well developed but ending too quickly. Felt there needed to be one or two more pages. Too abrupt of an ending.
April
Yummy shifter goodness

I am really digging this mini series! They are tasty little morals to get you through the day! Just long enough for a quickie morning or lunch break read.

Jennifer is just as sassy and independent as she was in the last book. Moving to the city certainly agrees with her. Too bad her case puts her in line with bullets. Good thing Brett to the rescue, although I feel confident this lioness could save herself.

I love that she does not let her mate or any other lion walk all
Renee
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A quick read with humorous and snarky dialogue. You won't go wrong with this book or the series. Somewhat similar to the Ridgeville books, but with different charactoers and situations. Ms Kyle keeps you laughing and enjoying her books. The situation mentioned in the first book is slowly being resolved with each successive story. I'm sure by the end of the series. it will be completely resolved. That being said, I will be sad to see it, for that means the series is over and I will have to wait ...more
Hollie
Another bad case of insta-love

I'm officially done with this series now. It was ok but with the books being so short nothing seemed to happen. Couple meets. Hot sex. Mate. The end. I just like more depth in my reads. I will still read more of celia Kyle's work, just not this particular series.
L M
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great read with lots of laughs.
Jennifer from book 1 is a lawyer prosecuting a high profile case against a criminal family. She is also one smart cookie and being from an alpha family herself is more than a match for her mate.
Penelope, her best friend and ruling alpha mate, arranges for her to have security in the form of Brett, Marcus’ brother, Brett is also Marcus’s Beta and in charge of security.
Once again a smirk along read as these two have to find a balance in their mating as well
Pamelia Grady
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Protecting Your Mate

Jennifer has a hard road ahead of her prosecuting the Head of the Collette Crime Family both human and shifter. With death threats and several attempts on her life Marcus calls in his brother Brett to keep her safe while he and her best friend travels. Brett meets his Mate as he's saving her from a two bullets meant for her. Can Brett get Jennifer safely to the end of the trial ?
Carol Dawn
It was ok.

Again, the blurb says no cliffhangers but I found the book leaving me hanging. I hate leaving these types of reviews but I know an author wants honesty. I think if these novellas were just a few more chapters long I would feel better about the lack off info. I didn't enjoy the plot as much as I did in the first one but this was still a very good one.
Stephanie  Hale
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read

Wonderful story with spectacular characters. I have one problem with this story, it was way too short. Please revisit this couple. I love the story and your fans will also. Thanks for your time.
DKW
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Law and lion

Fun, sexy, and a touch of danger. Finding your mate unexpectedly and keeping them from getting killed. No cliffhanger and hea.
Shelle Pennington
Apr 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Ridiculously quick read. Not as good as the first...but entertaining.
Carrie (Bears Read Too)

This review was originally posted on "Bears Read Too!"

My Thoughts Green swirls

Tailing Her is book #2 in the Quick & Furry series by Celia Kyle.

Another good shortfrom Celia Kyle. This one was rather exciting with all the shooting and protecting and other fun stuff! My only gripe about this one was there was something about a girl/werelioness that wasn't Brett's mate. She was there and only mentioned once and then never brought up again. Okay, I get it that she means nothing to Brett and, therefore,
octavia cooper
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick and Hot!!

This book was completely up to the standard I've come to associate with a Celia Kyle book. The humor, action, and plenty of well written, drool worthy, hunky, alpha males to go around. Don't forget the "sexy-times". I totally recommended this author when your feeling alone and need a good laugh and a good paranormal romance.
Cassandra Rodgers
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay

Pretty good book, the story is classic and no real surprises. Good story and nice to read about Penelope's friend.
Patricia White
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rebecca Palmer is born an Alpha. Her father was an Alpha, and her brother is an Alpha. She is also a prosecutor who loves to put criminals behind bars. And she has her chance. She is prosecuting the human side of the mob! She has had threats on her life. Penelope is her best friend. She is also the wife of Marcus, who is the Alpha of North America. Penelope is trying to tell her that she has a surprise for her and she hopes she doesn't get mad at her for what she has done etc. Rebecca is only ...more
Booklover, Indianapolis
(August) I'm beginning to see a trend in these little books. Mates meet and recognize one another as mates in the first few pages. Here we have Jennifer, sister to Alpha Justin and bff of Penny, heroine of the first story. She is a lion and a lawyer and she is working a case against a crime boss. This guy is a human, but he has a half brother who is also a crime lord and a lion. Jennifer is shot in the courthouse, and Brett comes to rescue her, discovering she is his mate. They hide from the bad ...more
Terry
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whoop there it is!

You cannot possibly think you could get away with trying to assassinate Brett's mate Jennifer. After all, she is best friends with the North American Alpha and so happen to be the mate to the alpha's brother and beta. His job not only consist of protecting one town, city or neighborhood it's to protect the North American continent. Marcus and Pennelope knew Jennier wasn't going to back down as a prosecutor that had a job to take down the Colleti crime family nor would she
gwen shrake
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book two Another great romantic story and mating.

This story picks up where book one left of. Jen is Ponelope's best friend. This story setting is in the courtroom against the mob. The mob is out to kill Jen because she is trying to take one of their own down. She meets her mate just as a gun goes off bearing a bullet with her name on it. Two shots go off and her mate is there to take both bullets protecting Jen. He happens to be Marcus's brother. The story has a flare of danger a Alpha male
Denise
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
When Jennifer Palmer's job puts her in danger, her best friend feels that she is in need of some protection. Sometimes it's hard having your BFF married to the North American Alpha werelion.

Jennifer has a busy life making something of herself as a high powered lawyer. When she takes on a crime family that has human and were ties, things get ugly.

Brett is sent to protect Jennifer from the bad guys. When they first meet he is shot trying to save her. During this encounter they discover that they
Betty
Apr 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Continuing Hot Furry connections

As the series progresses the heat levels increases as much as their feelings for their new found mates. Dangers brings you this fantastic couple together but discovering that their mates brings passionate protective instincts out on both sides. Short but also action packed into a wonderful quick read. Well onto the next addition...looking forward to seeing who,what,where,when and how steamy the next pairing of the furry kind is. I'm recommending that you pick
Carrie
Mar 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015, calibre-library
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This short and dirty read is the tale of Jennifer and Brett, fated mates thrown together under some serious circumstances. Jennifer is a lawyer who is prosecuting a notorious bad guy. Brett is tasked with protecting the stubborn shifter while she dives head-first into danger. These two very independent people have to find a way to work together so that they can leverage their smoking chemistry into a serious relationship as mates.

zoegrl
Loved it!!

As usual Celia Kyle has done it again. There's tall, sexy Werelions & pretty, BBW Werelionesses who have yet to meet. In order to do so they need to be found, bad guys beat up & lots & lots of loving & mating!!

Short, Sweet Series novella style. Only problem is waiting for the next one. :-D I've read pretty much everything that Ms. Kyle has written & haven't been disappointed yet.

Enjoy!!
Carol Everson
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh no he didn't

Yup he did. Her friend who married to the Alpha who is her brother says you need a bodyguard yeah I'm listening but as my mind is thinking about the trial I agree with what she says what was that I agreed to. Say what as I see the gun before the pain hits I'm down and l into the eyes of my mate. Yea just have to go through with the trial no matter what. You'll protect me. Great read looking for her next story.
Emily Lindsey
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fast and sexy steam roller of action

Celia Kyle continues to shine with this next installment in the fast moving story that just won't let you down. Her characters are full and sexy and relatable. The story line is solid and smooth. It was a fun quick read! You should totally read this story....and the ones before it!
Carol
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is another good Quick & Furry book. I loved Brett and Jennifer, especially the snarling. Jennifer is not the shy, retiring type and I loved her for it. Again, I'd rather have had a longer story but it was designed (and priced) as a short story. I'm not complaining... I just think it's good enough that I'd like more.
Suzan
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance fans
I really enjoyed this continuation of the series! Really liked Marcus's brother Brett and enjoyed seeing what Jennifer does for a living and seeing her get her mate! It was a short story but fast paced and sexy with some great chemistry between Jennifer and Brett! Looking forward to more in the series!
Porchia
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Betas are just as hot as Alphs

This is book 2 in the series. Jennifer is a lawyer and is about to take on the biggest criminal family around. Brett is the Beta of the lion pride and is in charge of her safety. Sparks fly when they meet! I loved this book. It is a nice adventure ride with a HEA. Can't wait for book 3 to come out. Wonderful shifter story.
Rebecca
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer is Penelope's best friend and a lawyer trying to prosecute a really really bad guy. In comes Brett to protect her for the Alpha (and Penelope's mate) and low and behold she's his mate.
Loving this series and can't wait for the next one. It's full of Celia's great humour, wit and mmm sexy growly times.
I received an ARC for my honest review and I loved it!
Laura Rose
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Received an ARC of this great wee story. Loved it. Brett was a hilarious, loving alpha male while Jennifer kept him on his toes! For a short book it packed a punch and I can't wait for more of these short stories. What I love is that they may be short but they do actually have a great storyline, and plenty of sexy times.
Monica
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I totally LOVED this! Jennifer she is something else...Love Her! She wont take any shizz! Brett is just a Beta but they match that way even though she has Alpha tendencies. LOL. It was a very sweet story. I kinda liked it better than the first. Probably because there is more of the story in it than the first. Still love #1 but this I liked better. Can't wait to buy #3! Go Celia! :)
Philleys Peters
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love it!

I absolutely loved this sequel, a quick but powerfully sexy shifter romance. After reading the Alpha's story in book 1 of this exciting series, I just had to continue on to the next tale. Alpha lion mates in danger? Totally kickass storyline. Read book 1 for a fully enhanced experience!
« previous 1 3 next »

• You're Lion to Me (Paranormal Dating Agency, #20)
  • Winter Takes All (Paranormal Dating Agency, #19)
  • Brukr (Dragons of Preor, #8)
  • A Wife For The Bear (Bear Brides #3)
  • A Mate For The Bear (Bear Brides #4)
  • Bearista (Bodyguard Shifters, #1)
  • A Date For The Bear (Bear Brides #2)
  • Pet Rescue Panther (Bodyguard Shifters, #2)
  • When She's Married
  • A Hardened Warrior (Clan Ross Book 2)
  • Here Kitty, Kitty! (Magnus Pack, #3)
  • Tangled in Tinsel (Dragon Guards, #17.5)
  • Between Two Crocs (Safari Shifters #2)
  • Instructing The Novice (Brides Of The Kindred, #22.4; Kindred Tales, #13)
  • When He Was Bad (Magnus Pack, #3.5)
  • Teacher's Pet Wolf (Werewolf and Shapeshifter Romance, #3)
  • Go Fetch! (Magnus Pack, #2)
  • Verity (Cursed, #1)
Celia Kyle would like to rule the world and become a ninja. As a fall-back, she’s working on her writing career and giving readers stories that touch their hearts and *ahem* other places. Visit her online at http://celiakyle.com | http://facebook.com/celiakyle | http://twitter.com/celiakyle | http://pinterest.com/celiakyle

Lions in the City (4 books)
  • Chasing Tail (Quick & Furry, #1)
  • On Her Tail (Quick & Furry, #3)
  • Heads or Tails (Quick & Furry, #4)
“Was she a woman? Yes. Was she a total bitch who fought dirty? Fuck. Yeah.” 0 likes
“I’m…”