Start by marking “Bloodlines” as Want to Read:
Bloodlines

Bloodlines

When Sascha and Eduard Engle flee nazi occupied Germany and arrive at a small cottage deep in the woods of France, they have no idea what is in store for them or who the kindly old man is who is taking care of them. But on a cold winter the night, they will learn everything they have been yearning to know about their... Bloodlines.

This is a paranormal short story. It was o
Kindle Edition
Published March 2nd 2015 (first published March 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Bloodlines, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bloodlines

Natalie
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
General Heinrich Muller has one goal in mind. That is to find Sascha and Eduard Engel.
After their mama is taken by the Generals soldiers, they are found by the butcher, put on a train and sent to a man they know nothing about.

This man is Patrice Ambroise. The children soon learn who he is and gain the knowledge of a gift they both have.

Patrice gives them an insight in to their history and wants to protect them at any cost.

S.L. Dearing brings so many surprises to this short twist. She added just
Brenda Perlin
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"The Master's plan was almost complete. The Chosen were being eradicated from the planet and the sheep were following the puppet. The only thing left to do was to find the children."

Bloodlines by S.L. Dearing is a powerful tale set in Berlin. This story sent chills running up and down my body. Disturbing and heart wrenching. I was moved by this fantasy as it resonated with me on many levels. Life-like with a realistic feel.

The author writes a gripping adventure that captured my attention from th
Valarie Kinney
May 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
Bloodlines is a quick, enjoyable paranormal read. I loved the plot and the characters. There were some intense moments that had me holding my breath. If I had any complaints, it would be that I wish it had been longer... I felt invested in the characters and wanted to see what happened next.

As always, I enjoyed the work of this author and look forward to reading more.
Amanda Williams
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Totally brilliant storyline. So any twists and turns that i could have never guessed the ending. I absolutely loved reading this and would recommend it to all. Can't wait to see what becomes of this storyline. Perfect storytelling!!
E.P.
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
A short paranormal story with an interesting setup: two children are fleeing Nazi persecution, only to discover their supernatural heritage. This is a quick, easy read (I finished it on my phone while waiting in line to vote) that has a grand storyline that might be better suited to something longer, but is certainly exciting and easy to finish if you're looking for something to read over lunch break or in a single evening.
Katie Harder-schauer
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I purchased a copy of this book (story), you can even check the reviews on Amazon to verify that if you want.

I have had a morbid fascination with the Holocaust and the European theater during WWII for about as long as I can remember, so this story appealed to me for that aspect alone. My husband and children have been somewhat obsessed with The Avengers and Marvel's Agents of Shield lately, which if you watch any of those movies or the t.v. show, you know one of the big enemies of Shield is Hydr
Bart Hopkins
Aug 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
S.L. Dearing's Bloodlines is historical fiction served up in a fresh and exciting way.

The landscape of the story is Hitler era Germany, but done in a unique and eloquent new way, and not focusing on the elements of war. Instead, it peeks at the Nazi's involvement in other, less obvious, but all-too-interesting areas. Toss in some engaging characters, an interesting storyline, and a splash of the paranormal, and what you've got is a terrific story.

I could easily see this being extended into a nov
Joood Hooligan
Mar 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I can honestly say I didn't expect anything that I read in here. At first, I was wondering how she was going to fit paranormal into it, and was quite surprised by how everything turned out.

I was quickly captivated by the story. Quite interesting. Really enjoyed it. Highly recommend it for a quick read. I'd like to see more from these characters.

4/5 Platypires

Apr 05, 2017
Zindy Leach
Nov 19, 2018
S.L. Dearing
Feb 26, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Mercedes
Emily
Mar 05, 2017
Linda Hendrickson
Mar 12, 2017
Shannon L. Dearing was raised in Westlake Village, California and grew up in Phoenix, Arizona. She attended Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, then spent several years studying at Los Angeles City College’s renowned Television/ Film program. She has worked on several film projects in many capacities: directing, writing, First Asst. Director, Etc.. Shannon has been writing since grade school. Over the years ...more