Start by marking “Pieces in Chance (Chance #1)” as Want to Read:
Pieces in Chance (Chance #1)

Pieces in Chance

(Chance #1)

Drew Townsend has lived anything but a charmed life. When her mother died from cancer, her father snapped, using her as his own personal punching bag. After taking one too many beatings, she took things into her own hands. Determined to escape the nightmare she was living, a desperate Drew does the only thing she can think of to end it all.

Jensen Marks, a former Marine and
Published March 15th 2015 by CreateSpace (first published March 14th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Pieces in Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pieces in Chance

Start your review of Pieces in Chance (Chance #1)
Novel Grounds
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
PIecesINChance
5 HUGE stars|Amazon|Goodreads
It is not very often that I read a book that guts me emotional and physically. This novel did that. I knew what I was getting into when I started and I still wasn't prepared. Absolutely breathtaking story about survival and finding peace. I cried. A lot. That is your eloquent warning to ave tissues ready. I also am glad I treasure my reader so much because I almost threw it a few times. This story is a hard read from the start. It is emotional and reaction
Christy
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book from Juli. I knew this was going to be amazing, so I went for the paperback.

I love Juli's writing because there is always so much story. I'm a huge fantasy fan, and romances tend to bore or disappoint me. While this book technically qualifies as romance, it's not a light, fluffy pile of nothing. It's a real book, a real story, and it doesn't require great leaps of imagination.

This book is heartbreaking at times.. well, many times. But could I put it down? Absolutely not.
Ashley
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I recieved this book for an honest review.
This book was so amazing. Such an emotional read and was a little hard to get through because of the tears and your heart being ripped out. I love Drew and I felt like I was experiencing everything with her. She is the strongest character I read. Jensen is awesome for being her constant. I read this in one day and want more! Please reach out to someone if you are being abused, no one deserves that.
Tonya
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a great start to the Chance series. Be prepared for an emotional ride while reading this. This book will piss you off, make you said, cry, and proud of Drew. Sometimes all on the same page.

Drew is abused mentally, physically, and sexually by her father. They lost her mother to cancer and since then, her dad isn't her dad anymore. He is someone completely different now. She lost her dad, the day her mom died. She does have a twin brother, Dean. Dean doesn't stand up for her though, he has
Valerie Puri
Apr 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading "Pieces in Chance" by Juli Valenti. She is a great author and has a way to convey very emotional and complex characters and story lines that draw you. I care very much for the characters that she creates and I want to read more about them. I am typically a slow reader, but I sped through this compelling novel in 4 sittings. That speaks volumes about how much the story pulled me in.

"Pieces in Chance" is a story about a young woman, Drew, who has lived in a hellish
Andrea Rossi
May 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have other books by Juli Valenti and truly enjoy her writing. Pieces in Chance was no Different. The story line is unique and it was a very emotional story. I especially loved how Officer Marks cared for her so deeply and was truly saddened by what happened to Drew. However, she started this story at 16 and just turned 17, so I had a really hard time getting past the fact that he was an adult, well over 18, and she was only 17. That was creepy and I just couldn't deal with that. One other ...more
Dana
Mar 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. I have read other books by Juli Valenti and they were awesome.

This book is about Drew Townsend who is only 16 and has suffered horrible abuse from her father. She is so desperate that she can think of only one way out. Drew meets Jensen who is 23 and a former Marine turned police officer in Chance.

The beginning of this book is intense and emotional and the end of this book is intense and emotional. The middle of the book kind of dragged for
Stephanie Runion
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
What an emotional roller coaster this book takes you on! The characters in this story you will absolutely fall for whether it is love them or love to hate them. Once you start reading this book you will find it very hard to set it down! There are a few editing issues but the story is so good I was able to over look them very easily.
Strong start to a series. I hope we see more of Drew in the next book in the series.
Brad Birchfield
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely amazing!! I literally could not put this book down once I started reading it. Emotions are up and down throughout the entire book leaving you wanting to find out what happens on the next page. I am really excited for #2!
Angie
Apr 14, 2015 rated it liked it
i would have given this book a way higher rating but it was a fluffing cliffy I HATE CLIFFY's. the book was great. very emotionally charged and kept me interested but i just can't stand a book that just ends.
Kathryn
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Valenti tears at your heart in this book. She knows how to tell a story and give you characters to love.

Take a walk through the pain and tears and come out fighting.
Bianca
A W
Feb 19, 2018
Kiran
Apr 07, 2015
Juli Valenti is a contemporary romance author who just can’t seem to make up her mind. She enjoys writing everything from sweet and funny romantic comedies, to ugly cry, heartbreaking stories, and even romantic suspense.

Her newest series, Redemption Reigns MC, has become a pivotal turning point in motorcycle club romance novels, changing the pace and bring diversity to a world run by men… which is