Start by marking “Vacant (Empathy, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Vacant (Empathy, #2.5)

Vacant (Empathy #2.5)

4.22  ·  Rating Details ·  1,009 Ratings  ·  217 Reviews
Ryan

When two dark souls connect the draw is too dominant to ignore and the obsession of owning the only color to brighten my dark world too unrelenting to not obey. I left her alone so she could live a normal life but I was weak, how can she live a normal life after so much sinister chaos invaded her world, summoning her own darkness to the surface?
The depraved devil that
ebook
Published April 6th 2015 (first published March 30th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Vacant, please sign up.

Ker Dukey author Hi Ja'deia, this title will be released on the 30th March :)

warhawke
Jan 18, 2017 warhawke rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Dark and depraved souls
Genre: Dark Suspense
Type: Book 2.5 from Empathy series
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

A year after she thought she lost the one person she could relate to, Cereus tried to live a normal life as an art student. But feeling normal was hard when she felt empty inside especially when her own darkness is desperate to come out.

Unknown to her, Ryan was never far behind. Quietly, he watched her struggled, never showing her full potential. There's only one way to make her happy and he was not going to
Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #

** 4-4,5 “loving the sinner despite the sin” STARS **

“Ryan turned the lights out and taught me to see in the darkness. Nobody sees me in the darkness. Nobody sees me the way he does and I’m hopelessly pursuing the hunter in him. I want to be found or preyed on; if that’s what I am, HIS PREY.
~ CEREUS

The f*cked-up-ness, the twisted beauty and the depth of the intensity in her stories are why I adore Ker Dukey and her incredible writing! She can depict a very dark, bloody, uncomfortable scen
Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
3.5 STARS

description

“Even the tamer man holds a devil inside him, whispering and praying life will push the saint into a sinner.”

The story starts with Cereus who’s away at college. She feels lonely and disconnected from the world knowing Ryan could still be alive. She’s suffocating under the weight of her own battle with who she is.

“Ryan turned the lights out and taught me to see in the darkness. Nobody sees me the way he does and I’m hopelessly pursuing the hunter in him. I want to be found or preye
Jennifer Kyle
Aug 20, 2015 Jennifer Kyle rated it liked it
3.5 I don't like where this is heading STARS
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★ 3.5 Stars ★★★

Now LIVE!
Amazon - http://amzn.to/1BhhHKo
Amazon UK - http://amzn.to/1wHWLR8

A year after Ryan has supposedly died in the fire and Cereus is at college trying to fit in with people that she doesn't connect with. She is getting some stick from a girl called Hannah and she is getting dark thoughts about hurting her and she is missing her uncle so desperately she feels like she is losing her mind. He was the only one who understood her and now that she has unleashed her darkness, she
Jodi Bibliophile
 photo image3_zpst0g9k0x1.jpeg

HOLY FUCKING CUM BUCKET!!!

RYAN!!!! FUCK!!!!!

THIS woman is a fucking genius!!!!

Absolutely fucking spectacular!!!

Fuck my arse I LOVE IT!!

photo image1-1_zpszb8ia2se.jpeg
Olga therebelreader
Cereus knows Ryan is a monster. She knows what he’s capable of and she’s not afraid of him. On the contrary, she feels connected to him in the weirdest and darkest ways. Her rage and twisted mind slowly unleashe a monster. The horrors in her mind have unfolded, unleashing something far too sinister.
 photo 1920x1440-lovers-in-the-dark-wallpapers_zpsdvhaeewh.jpg

Cereus and Ryan find order in chaos, their minds find a connection.

The distance between them is trifling. Cereus is like having dark inner voices whispered by her uncle. Ryan’s craving for blood an
CC
4.25 Stars

description

Vacant begins with Cereus Braxton trying to pick up the pieces after Ryan walked out of her life. Knowing their bond is immeasurable, Ryan’s voice pervades her mind providing peace within her dark thoughts. With Cereus always knowing she was a different than most, her urges are starting to surface, and more than ever, Cereus wishes Ryan would return for her.

“I want to be found or preyed on; if that’s what I am, his prey.”

Meanwhile, Ryan is trying to keep himself pre-occupied with a
Regan
"Would you rather be the person doing the cutting or the person apologizing for their blood staining your clothes while they bleed out?"

Oh Ryan…you sicken me yet I’m so fascinated by your character! I’m pretty sure the author could write ten books on him and his sadistic ways and I wouldn’t ever become bored! Vacant picks up a year after Desolate with Cereus desperately trying to blend in and be normal while Ryan bides his time before entering her life again.

Ryan sees the darkness blooming in
Di - Twisted Book Reviews
6 Stars!

"Some people use a blade for evil, some people use their tongues which are sharper and make people bleed better than any knife can. Some people are born dark, others become it."

Ker Dukey does it again. I'm serious, does she even know what lengths I would go for another book in this series. I did message her like a feening drug addict. This series. Okay, this series is absolutely a top FAVORITE for me. I will get signed copies, I will sing Ker Dukey creepy songs, I might fly to the UK o
Michelle
[image error]

Ahhh...Ker Dukey has me addicted!!!! Vacant picks off where it last left off in Desolate with Cereus away at college and trying to continue living but the darkness inside her becomes to take over. Dark twisted thoughts begins to consumes her. Blood. Death. Revenge. And so begins Cereus turmoil of darkness and sinner. Does the killer gene live within Cereus as she begins and craves blood? Can she finally be free and embrace the sinner with the help of Ryan?

#vacant_Ker

Vacant was sinfully wicked
Terrie's Just Another Book B*tch
Perfection! The queen of twists is at it again!

Vacant is the perfect ending to one of the best twistedly dark series of 2015

You must read Empathy & Desolate first and if you haven't yet, well...I'm a little sad for you! They are a must! You will discover why everyone is buzzing about the amazing talent that author Ker Dukey displays in each and every book.

Vacant catches us up on how Cereus is doing in college. After meeting, then losing the one thing that started to make sense in her life
Tish Delanoy
Amazing!

Wait? What just happened?!?! This was the best book yet however it left me wanting more!! I must know what happens with Ryan and Cereus. I've been sucked in to the dark side!!
edzkie♥§*.*§♥
Apr 04, 2015 edzkie♥§*.*§♥ rated it it was amazing
This series gets better and darker and crazier and mind f*cking twisted!!!!! I want more of Ryan and Cereus!!!!!

♥ Dri ♥
Jan 12, 2016 ♥ Dri ♥ rated it it was amazing
Senhor amado!!!! Quando a gente acha que já viu de tudo nessa história... Vem a autora e te passa uma rasteira!!!! Foda! Foda! Fooooooooda!!!!
Ryan sendo Ryan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
Mar 02, 2015 ↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 0-arc-done
I was given this ARC in exchange for my honest opinion.
 photo tumblr_muy53i4pqY1ruhg5do1_500.gif
I love Ker's special brand of depravity. Fucked Up is her specialty and she rocked again.
 photo tumblr_momf4x3vaq1qcs3sko1_500.gif
Or is it???

"I'd rather live and strive amongst the sinners than fade and die amongst the saints."

photo Angry-Kristen-Wiig-Insult-Gif-In-Bridesmaids.gif
Check your mouth,
 photo tumblr_m2i9r7DJ5y1qjanzpo1_500.gif
if your ass can't cash it.
 photo tumblr_nej1vtmw4C1r21medo1_500.gif

"Don't drift through life fighting to be normal when you're exceptional."

Randal was a great addition to this story. Loved him. =)

READING ORDER
Empathy (Empathy Series book 1)
Desolate (Empathy Series book 2)
Va
Lelyana

*** 5 dark crazy sicko stars!***

CRAZY SICK BOOK, WRITTEN BY A CRAZY AUTHOR, READ BY CRAZY READER, AND WE'RE FUCKING LOVED IT!!!

I think I'm a little split in my head, this book fulfill my sadistic mind.
Ryan and Cereus are obviously made for each other. I dunno if there's any sex between them and make this one incest story.
But one thing for sure is, if I'm cross over them on the street somewhere, I would be scare as shit!

"Nobody sees me the way he does and I’m hopelessly pursuing the hunter i
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
Ker Dukey....you deserve this.......
 photo latest_zpsr9fndrzz.gif

☆☆☆☆☆5 I am Devoted To Our Darkness Stars ☆☆☆☆☆

" I didn't realize how detached I really was from the world around me until he entered and abruptly left mine, leaving me floating through life but not feeling a part of it."

This novella in the Empathy series is short, sweet and just as awesone as it's mind blowing predecessors. Miss Dukey has created a masterpiece of raw evil with love infused.

This story is all about Cereus' inner demons. The turmoil her mind
Sarah {DragonflyReads/InkedInChapters}
Ker Dukey was the author that really gave me a love for dark reads. Her amazing words for Ryan in Empathy will always stay with me. I could never imagine how they were thought up but they were beautifully brilliant. Desolate was the same in my reaction. With that being said, I was left wanting a lot more from Vacant.

We get both Ryan and Cereus' POV in this novella. Ryan is convinced that Cereus (his niece) is his soul mate; not in a sexual way, but in mind and spirit. Two dark souls that were m
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Feb 27, 2015 Charlie ✰ WLTB Blog ✰ rated it it was amazing
Another amazing 5 stars
I was so lucky to be able to read an ARC

I really don't know what to say Ker has done it again I love all her books; I am pretty sure if she gave me her shopping list I would read it. But seriously I totally Love this Empathy series Ryan is one messed up guy and I am sick in the head because I just fall for him every time this is a great Novella where Cereus is off to collage trying to live her life. But can she ever just have a normal Life with Ryan still in the backgrou
M.B.
Oct 30, 2015 M.B. rated it really liked it
I picked this book (and Vacant) up not realising they were novellas, but that didn't bother me as I've really enjoyed this series by Ker Dukey. yet, this book left me wanting . . . I don't know. It's not quite more, but 'something'. It's hard to explain.

We meet up with Cererus at college where she's plodding along. She's not exactly happy, but moving on with her life after Ryan's death. Yet, he's not dead. And he's watching her from a safe distance. All that changes when she gets into trouble, a
Jamie
Jun 23, 2015 Jamie rated it it was amazing
How do I begin to explain how I feel about the ending of this series?
From the word jump, Ker Dukey had me hooked. I absolutely hated Ryan in the beginning. Blake was my man. After Empathy, Ryan stole my heart with his dark, twisted, utterly gorgeous mind.
What do you do when it's your brothers daughter that finally makes you feel something in your cold, dead, black heart?
Marcella
Woah. This is taking a very dark turn. Cereus may be more dark than Ryan.
Lynne
Feb 28, 2015 Lynne rated it really liked it
Shelves: loved-it
I truly have no idea where I've hiding when it came to this series. Why has it taken me so long to read it!? The first two books were just crazy bananas. This book I think was the start of me being admitted to a psych ward. From the first page to the last. I..DID..NOT..STOP! You can't. Ker's writing is just very addicting.

"Vacant" is centered around Cereus, Blake and Melody's daughter. After the crazy events of "Desolate", Cereus is starting out her first year of college by herself and wrapped
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
~*~ Obsessed by books arc given in exchange for an honest review ~*~

"Would you rather be the person doing the cutting or the person apologising for their blood staining their clothes while they bleed out?"

The third in the Empathy series, this follows on from where we left off in the previous book (hint to read the others in the series first!). Cereus has moved to college and is trying to play out the facade of being normal. After her time spent with Uncle Ryan, her struggle is becoming harder a
nd ♥Master's kitten♥
Writing: ★★★★★
Story: ★★★★★
Characters: ★★★★★

Overall rating: 5.0
5 *I Want More* Stars

Vacant, was the perfect wrap up to the Empathy Series. It was a short read, too short only because I didn't want it to end, but actually it was just right. It tied up loose ends and answered questions I had. Couldn't ask for anything better.. unless it was *more*!

We catch up with Cereus in college, and dealing with Hannah who is nothing more than a high school bully with a big chip on her shoulder. Cereus isn
Mercedes
Mar 23, 2015 Mercedes rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Finally! I love Ryan. I've loved Ryan from the first book but I felt sort of let down by his book. That was not the case with this one. This book was amazingly awesome.
...but if my heart beats and speeds up whenever she's within reach then she owns it, right?
It was pretty much equal parts Cereus and Ryan and they were so perfectly complimentary. I was bummed they spent so much of this one apart but everything I'd hoped for when reading Desolate was realized in some fashion in this book.
Mazmum
Apr 02, 2015 Mazmum rated it it was amazing
Book Review - Vacant by Ker Dukey - ***** Family is Blood Stars

Ah happy sighs - another opportunity to spend a few more hours with my favourite psychopath. Yes Ryan is back and he’s antsy. Meeting his new brother hasn’t quite given him the entertainment that he sought, and Cereus is still very much on his mind.

Meanwhile, Cereus is busy studying, being subjected to student life, bitchy girls and horny boys, whilst daydreaming about meeting Ryan again. But she’s drowning, struggling with keeping u
Keisha Schmidt
Apr 03, 2015 Keisha Schmidt rated it it was amazing
*Reviewed on behalf of Give Me Books*

If I could only choose one author to read for the rest of my life I'd choose Ker everytime.

photo vacant2.jpg

Blood, so much blood. You can't expect anything less though when it comes to Ryan, and now sweet Cereus. The inner demons and irrational thoughts have made their appearance, and they're here to stay.

photo vacant.jpg

I want MORE Ryan and Cereus! I don't care if they have to go into the forbidden taboo world. These two were made for each other. They're the new Bonnie and Clyde, just a
Shelby
*I received a free copy to read & review for Wicked Reads Review Team*
I absolutely loved this series: Empathy hooked me, Desolate destroyed me, and Vacant filled the void left from the other 2 books!
Ryan -sweet, dark, twisted, beautiful Ryan - how I love thee. At the end of Desolate, I felt so empty - I needed more of Ryan and thankfully Ker gave me exactly what I hoped for!
Cereus has left for college, happily trying to be "normal" and learning what her "normal" really is. Mourning the loss
  • Roman's Redemption (Roman, #2)
  • Cadence (Deception, #2)
  • The Goodbye Man (Red Market, #1)
  • Gabriel (Killer, #2)
  • Serial, Volume Three (Serial, #3)
  • Cash (The Henchmen MC, #2)
  • We Were One Once (We Were One Once, #1)
  • MAXWELL 2: Trial By Fire (Phoenix Club, #14)
  • Slave World (Slave World, #1)
  • The Starkest Truth (Breaking Insanity #2)
  • Absolution
  • Redeeming Rhys
  • Nightingale
  • Her Master's Teacher (Masters, #2)
  • Pushed (Held, #2)
My books all tend to be darker romance, edge of you seat, angst filled reads. My advice to my readers when starting one of my titles...prepare for the unexpected.

I have always had a passion for storytelling, whether it be through lyrics or bed time stories with my sisters growing up. We also used to put on performances by acting out stories. I wanted to become an actress from an early age so I cou
More about Ker Dukey...

Empathy (5 books)
  • Empathy (Empathy, #1)
  • Desolate (Empathy, #2)
  • Deadly (Empathy, #3)
  • The Empathy series Box set (Empathy #1-3)