Start by marking “Take and Give (Haven Seekers #3)” as Want to Read:
Take and Give (Haven Seekers #3)

Take and Give

(Haven Seekers #3)

4.62  ·  Rating details ·  81 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews

Published August 15th 2015 by David C Cook

To ask other readers questions about Take and Give, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Take and Give

Loraine
SUMMARY: Austin Delvecchio has tried to use his Constabulary resources to track down his missing girlfriend Violet. He finds a stranger instead, held illegally and mistreated. Rescuing the man will make Austin's boss an enemy, but ignoring the situation will mean the man's death.

Lee Vaughn has lost the most important person in her life. She continues his work her way, providing black market medical assistance to Christians and allowing fugitive Violet to live with her. Then she learns what reall
Sarita
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Series to be read in order.

This is one series which grows stronger with every book. Book 3 was another strong plot in the series, with characters dealing with trust, healing, finding the truth and realising no matter what their past says, they have a great future. There was also a few unexpected struggles for the characters. I found myself also mistrusting everyone they are encountering, due to how this plot was introduced in the ending of book 2.

This book focused more on Lee and Austin and thei
Bethy
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you’ve seen my reviews on the first two, you’ll know that I judge the “greatness” of a book on whether (1) it entertains me, (2) it makes me think, and (3) it makes me feel. Again, as with the first two, Take and Give fulfill all three in spades.

I’m not going to analyze those three again – the story is entertaining, this future landscape makes me contemplate our freedoms and my own relationship with God, and I freely admit to crying more than once.

Instead I’m going to tell you that this is, h
Karen Collier
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
As I finish reading Book 3 in this series, I am thrilled that the fourth book will be available soon [edit: yes, it's already available as I'm posting this review] because I can’t seem to get enough of these characters. The fascinating premise – What if Christianity were illegal? – drew me in to this series initially. But it’s been the characters and their true-to-real-life struggles that have stuck with me and keep drawing me back for more.

This book picks up where the last one left off, continu
Charity Tinnin
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I can't remember the last time I cried my way through an entire book because I cared so much. Until tonight/this morning I mean. I cried and sighed my way through Haven Seekers #3 and wrote love to Marcus, Lee, Violet, Austin(!), and Heath (who? ;)) in the margins in one sitting. I love these people, these couples, this book, and the hope we have to look forward to in #4.

And honestly? I'm giving Take and Give 5.5 stars (seriously I know that's not a thing, but I can't think of a single way to i
Richie Rowley
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-and-loved
I devoured this book! I cannot wait for the 4th book!
Kelly Bridgewater
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have read the first two books in this series by Amanda G. Stevens, and I couldn’t wait to get my hand on the third edition. Since I was familiar with the first two, I expected Stevens to completely engross me in the action on the page. Take and Give picked up where the second one, Found and Lost, left off. I jumped right into the action and allowed my imagination to carry back to this dystopian society where Christians are considered dangerous.

One of my favorite parts of Stevens’ books is the
Stephanie Roberts
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was the best book of the series and I loved the first two! The author outdid herself on this book. Everything came together beautifully like pieces of a puzzle. The author dives much deeper into philosophical ideas in this book dealing especially with the problem of pain and suffering, truth, and free will. The best part is that she wove them into the story so well that you didn't feel as though she was preaching or arguing a point just for the sake of putting an opinion out there. It ...more
Melissa
Jun 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
The third book in Stevens’ exciting Haven Seekers series ratchets up the action and the suspense. It’s necessary to read the series in order to get the full picture of events. The prose will cause readers to examine their own faith and to consider what might happen if the Bible and Christianity were truly banned.
Still reeling from the loss of Marcus, Lee and Violet have started an underground medical practice to care for Christians seeking help. Austin continues to work for the Constabulary, loo
Terry Conrad
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was trying to wait patiently for this 3rd book in this series. I stayed up until 3:45 to finish it. this book is the best yet. As I read I cried and prayed. I loved the characters, especially Marcus. I hope if it ever happens I have the courage to suffer for my faith as he did. This book has kept me thinking. I have a feeling of urgency to pray more for our Country, to be able to stand blameless before the Lord.
Robyn
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic third offering from Amanda Stevens. If possible, this was the best book yet!
Hope
May 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christianity
This is my favorite in the series so far. It cannot be read as a stand-alone novel since most of what the characters do is only understood from the previous two books in the series.

I liked this one because people ask hard questions about faith and don't get easy answers or platitudes. And because the characters keep growing.

Congratulations Amanda Stevens for another winner.
Crissy
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series has really drawn me into it and can't wait to get to the next one. It picks up very close to where we left off. There are real people trying to stay on course and do what they believe is right regardless of the consequences. The struggle for some the characters to see things differently is very believable.
Ntebogeng Archer
Sep 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Given that I've read all four books, I understand why Book 2 and 3 were necessary. I just struggle with series' to the extent that they move from the person I'm initially captured by. In this case - Marcus and Lee. I truly would have been happier had the series continued from their perspectives.
Vera mallard
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd installment of the Haven Series by Amanda G. Stevens. This was the first book of this series I have read. I read as many reviews of the first two books as I could, to have a sense of the issues and back story in the books. I still felt I was missing something as I started this book, however I was soon caught up in this story.

Ms. Stevens story of government religion and Christian persecution continues in this book, the original Bible is condemned, hatred for Christians abounds, an
Kerry Hedden
Take and Give by Amanda Stevens: A Possible Glimpse to Our Future?

Amanda Stevens writes a very interesting and thought provoking story line in Take and Give. The story revolves around the United States and what happens when the country as a whole decides that Christians are intolerant terrorist and need to be either "re-educated", imprisoned or worse.

There are several main characters in the book, some of them are Christians and others who are still on the fence. I did find it a bit difficult at
Rose Billow
Can't wait for the next book!
Amy
Aug 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Take and Give is the third installment of the Haven Seekers series. This book is the best of the series. More interesting, more action, and more suspense. Four stars
Kate Gilkey
Dec 29, 2017
Kim Vandel
Sep 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
As a child, Amanda G. Stevens disparaged Mary Poppins and Stuart Little because they could never happen. Now, she writes speculative fiction. She is the author of the Haven Seekers series, and her debut Seek and Hide was a 2015 INSPY Award finalist. She lives in Michigan and loves trade paperbacks, folk music, the Golden Era of Hollywood, and white cheddar popcorn.

Haven Seekers (4 books)
  • Seek and Hide (Haven Seekers #1)
  • Found and Lost (Haven Seekers #2)
  • Far and Near (Haven Seekers #4)

Fiction Deals

$3.49 $0.99
  • The Daughters of Palatine Hill
  • A House for Happy Mothers
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love Poems (New Directions Paperbook)
    $11.95 $2.99
  • The Drowning Guard
  • Anathema
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Neverhome
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Sinner: A Paradise Novel (The Books of History Chronicles)
    $11.49 $3.99
  • A Promise of Hope (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #2)
  • 'Round Midnight: A Novel
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Ulterior Motives (Sun Coast Chronicles, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Prisoner B-3087
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Midwife's Revolt (The Midwife Series, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Place of Peace (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #3)
  • The Beekeeper's Promise
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Two-Family House
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Where Do I Go? (Yada Yada House of Hope, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Bloodletter's Daughter
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Gift of Grace (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #1)
  • The Luxe (Luxe, #1)
    $3.74 $0.99
  • A Dream of Home (Hearts of the Lancaster Grand Hotel)
  • The Thing About Jellyfish
  • Where Hope Begins
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Skin
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Endangered (Ape Quartet, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Inamorata
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Life of Joy (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cometh the Hour (The Clifton Chronicles #6)
  • The Question of Red
  • A.D. 30 (A.D., #1)
    $7.99 $3.99
  • Karolina's Twins: A Novel
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Illuminati: Roundtable of the Bosses (The Cartel #7)
  • The 158-Pound Marriage
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Chasing Rainbows: A Novel
  • A Season of Love
  • The Small Rain: A Novel
  • The Great Santini
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Homeland (Crown Family Saga, #1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • The Last Kingdom (The Saxon Stories, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99