Start by marking “The Party Plan” as Want to Read:
The Party Plan

The Party Plan

Avery Grant has been through a rough patch, she gave up her career to move home to help take care of her ailing parents. She married a man that she did not love and he almost bankrupted her family’s farm. She divorced the con man and saved her farm. Now she is going to get what she wants and for over twenty years she has wanted Kade Martin.

Kade has been attracted to his si
Published March 5th 2015 by Big Dog Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Party Plan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Party Plan

Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)

The Party Plan is a very short yet satisfying read. It is Melanie Jayne’s debut novella into the sexy world of romance, and I have to say, she did a pretty good job.

Avery had always had her eyes on Kade, her best friend’s brother. Unfortunately, the timing was never right. Now that they are adults and have a good grasp of life, fate finally gives them a chance. This time, they are both single, in the right frame of mind and finally have their eyes on each other. Will it be just a one night stan
Claudia
Mar 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Avery had always a crush on Kade, but as a Teenager she was very shy and afterwards the situation was never right. But now, After the Engagement Party of their godson she wants to change that ...

I have to confess I am normally Not One for novellas as they are too short for me but this one was really good. I loved how the characters were descriped, often you don't See enough of them to really form an attachment in a novella. But here we learn a Lot about Avery and Kade. Their relationship seems v
Sandy
Mar 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
A hot sweet and short novella about a well seasoned couple who have known each other for years. Life and circumstance sent them in different directions but a festive family occasion brings them back together. They explore the attraction they've had for each other (in sexy detail) and find happiness. I enjoyed the heck out of this quick but satisfying read!
Eileen
Jul 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm so pleased with this very short and hot read. It is a story of two friends who have known each other for some time have decided to move it to the next level. Good cast of characters of caring, good friend, a villain of a mother and two adults who know what they want. I'm so happy for the author and her debut story!
Magali
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quite simple well written romance with few sex scenes, but a big long attraction that explodes in the present. Nice characters too. It’s just a little bit predictable.
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Molly
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable read:)
books are love
Mar 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
received in exchange for a honest review

this was a honest book. Each character knew who they were, their flaws and their insecurities. Each knew they weren't perfect and didn’t try to be which made this refreshing.

Avery and Kade had known each other for over over 20 years. Each likes the other but was two afraid to act. Especially Kade. Kade due to this turned to have no relationships because deep down he knew his heart was already taken and not one that he could give away. His heart was waitin
Jody
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Those looking for a little afternoon delight will find this novella a sensual and endearing journey to HEA for two people whose timing was never quite right. They're both older and wiser now though and fate has finally conspired to bring them together to answer the question "what if". The answer is a sweet and sexy one that makes this a richly satisfying read.

Kade has always loved Avery but the time was never right for him to tell her how he feels about her. No woman has ever compared and he's t
Book Hangover Page
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Melanie Jayne is a wonderful short story teller. She packs a punch in a short time.
In this story we meet Avery and Kade...Kade is your perfectly sexy alpha male who cannot seem to settle down...(he hasn't found that right person yet)
Avery has a past and is trying to heal from it.
They have known each other for years and the way this book is written you get to know the characters quite quickly and you instantly fall in love with both characters.
I do have a few issues with this book, the first i
Dayreader Reviews
Mar 31, 2015 rated it liked it
This book was gifted by author in exchange an honest review.
Kade and Avery are going to an engagement party for their mutual godson and while planning a joint gift they have reconnected via sexy text messages. Plans are made for the night after the party. I really cannot say much more without spoiling the story as it is a 68 page novella. The plot, my best friend’s big brother, while not original it works here because the story reads well even it felt rushed at time.
I found it entertaining with
Anna
Mar 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Avery is divorced from a man she didn't love who bankrupted her family's farm. She has worked to get family business up and running again, and now she is ready to go after what she really wants in her life. She has always been attracted to her best friend's brother, and there is an upcoming event where she will finally have a chance to give herself the night of pleasure with him she has always wanted. Kade is a notorious playboy, but he has always been attracted to his sister's best friend Avery ...more
Cheryl Sanders
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
Avery and Kade have known each other for 20 years. She's his sisters best friend. While talking and texting each other about the gift they want to give their godson for his wedding, Avery and Kade grew closer than ever. Will one night be enough to get each other out of their systems? Will Kade's mother, who's never liked Avery, push her so far that she leaves Kade for good?

This is a fun, romantic, steamy, "best friends brother" story line and I loved it! Kade is amazingly sexy and he li
Moon Love
Mar 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love stories where people finally get to have what they've wanted for so long. Avery has been through a lot. She's made sacrifices, hurt, suffered, and now that she's back on her feet she's decided to go after what she wants, and that's Kade, her best friend's brother.

Kade was interested in Avery too, although I had a feeling it was going to last longer than one night. The chemistry the two had was great and eventually so was the sex. I I thought this book was part of a series, but as it turns
Donna McBroom-Theriot
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hot, Fast, and Cheap! Well, take back the cheap there! If you only have a few minutes and you are looking for a great sexy read - look no further! The Party Plan will have you hot and bothered in a smoldering New York second as the saying goes.

Two people who have spent half their lives longing for each other find themselves unattached and at each other's beck and call. Let the flirting begin.

Not the normal genre I review on my blog, but I like experimenting with my reading every now and then.
Erica
Mar 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a totally great read from Melanie Jayne! I loved the premise, and I was instantly swept up into the story.

I wish this one had been a bit longer; the novella length seemed a bit too short for the depth of the story within. While I liked how Melanie Jayne played out all the story arcs, some moved a bit swiftly and I wish I could have spent a bit more time with the characters.

Kade and Avery were a great pair; the other characters were intriguing as well. Kade and Avery have some scorching
Renee
Very impressed

I loved that this was an older couple erotic romance. Most often the 'older' couples in romance stories are destined to be supporting characters to the 'younger' main H/h and rarely are these mature characters seen in a sexual light. Cudo's to Melanie Jayne for writing such a heart warming story of a couple who could be any one of us readers.
Lori Meehan
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
4.75*
This is a wonderful debt novella by Melanie Jayne! I loved everything about it. The story line was very believable, older couple who have known each other for years. The characters were sound, had great chemistry and very likable. I didn't want to put it down and I can't wait for Melanie Jayne's next book.
Amy
Mar 29, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked it, likable characters in their 40's getting a second chance at happiness, just was too short for me I wanted more
Billie Stremel
Nicole
Mar 02, 2015
Jeanine
Oct 23, 2015
Melanie Jayne doesn’t know what she wants to be when and if she ever grows up. She’s worked retail, recorded hearings in a Federal Courtroom, worked behind the scenes with security at a casino and currently she is living her dream writing Romance.

She plots and plans from her farm in central Indiana that she shares with her husband and two mastiffs, Ginger and Duncan Keith. When she isn’t creating