Start by marking “Starfall (Starflight, #2)” as Want to Read:
Starfall (Starflight, #2)

Starfall

(Starflight #2)

When Princess Cassia Rose fled her home world of Eturia to escape an arranged marriage, she had no idea her sudden departure would spark a war. Now after two years hiding as a ship hand, she is finally returning to her beloved home, but not in the way she imagined. Shackled by bounty hunters, she is violently dragged back to account for her crimes. Her only solace is that ...more
Published February 7th 2017 by Disney-Hyperion

Melissa Landers
Feb 28, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Edit #1: Starfall is out in the world! I hope you love it as much as I do. And yes, this book completes the series. My next 2018 release will be The Half King, the first in a fantasy duology. :)

So, let's talk about this book! It takes place shortly after STARFLIGHT ends, but it's more of a companion novel than a sequel. This story is narrated by Cassia and Kane, with Doran, Solara, etc. as supporting characters. Much like STARFLIGHT, this novel stands alone (full plot/character arc, no cliffhang
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
The hell? Noooo!!

I loved the first one!! I didn't this one. And I hated how Cassia treated Kane!!!! What was the damn point in being horrible!!!

Sigh 😕
Simona Bartolotta
2.5

“I think you’ll look back and regret letting go of the person you really loved.” Renny reached out, covering her hand with his. “The one who was there for so long you stopped noticing his shine.”

•I've been waiting for Starfall since I read the lovely Starflight this summer, and I was so sure I would love it I wasn't actually worried it could end up in disappointment. The possibility didn't so much as cross my mind. And instead, I found that all the things I'd loved in Starflight were just...
Cait • A Page with a View
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sci-fi
THIS MAKES ME SO SAD. I absolutely loved Starflight, but this sequel was nowhere near the same kind of story. All of the characters I loved in the first book were reduced to bland supporting characters who barely resembled themselves. The first book had awesome action scenes, a huge universe, multiple creative threats, a fast-paced and engaging plot, and a relationship that actually worked. This story had none of that.

And really did love Kane and Cassia in the first book, but grew to loathe them
Fafa's Book Corner
DNF

Mini review:

After reading and thoroughly enjoying Starflight I was excited to read about Cassia and Kane's relationship. Unfortunately I did not enjoy it.

I really liked Cassia and Kane's relationship in the first book but here not so much. The relationship was too back-and-forth as well as physical for my liking. Also Cassia did not treat Kane well. Kane knew and acknowledged this but still went back to Cassia. I also didn't care for the plot in this book. The characters from Starflight rea
Nastassja
Feb 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of light, funny sci-fi adventures and Starflight
“Cassia had a feeling Kane might not follow her instructions to the letter, but she never expected him to come barreling into the docking lot with Arabelle hoisted over one shoulder, shielding his head with his free arm and yelling like his pants were on fire. Behind him, Doran and Solara ran through the open doorway, each armed with a stolen pulse pistol and firing indiscriminately at someone out of view.
So much for smooth negotiating.

Whoop, it was good to be back in Starflight universe!

Ther
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
Putting it aside for now. Where i adored Starflight, i'm having a hard getting into this. I don't know why i was under the impression Solara and Doran would be around in Starfall. Kane and Cassia just aren't doing anything for me. Even in the first book, i didn't much care about these two.
Alyssa
Feb 01, 2016 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2017-releases
EDIT: February 10th ---

description

IT HAS A TITLE! I love Starfall! Can't wait to read this book. Starflight is my favorite Landers book to date!
Zoha
DNF at 50%

♣Remember I read Starflight a few days and loved it immediately. I loved the space-adventure and fun and most importantly the characters. Especially the side-characters; Cassia and Kane.

♣I was so glad when I heard the next book will be about them as main-characters. Cassie and Kane had so much chemistry together it was perfect and the angst! Don't even get me started on how much they oozed tension. I couldn't wait to see them upgraded as main protagonist. It turns out all that glitte
Lindsay
Mar 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Moving on in the Starflight universe but with Cassia and Kane as viewpoint characters rather than Doran and Solara.

Cassia is a princess on the run from an arranged marriage to a vile neighboring kingdom. Kane is her loyal friend but kept at a distance because Cassia wouldn't be able to marry him. In Starfall, Cassia returns home and encounters plots from both her evil fiance as well as more space-pirates and a simmering rebellion against the monarchy in her own country.

This book is a mess. While
Aneta Bak
Mar 17, 2017 rated it liked it
“The truth hurt more than lies.”

I've been so impressed with Melissa Landers' books in the past, with Starflight being my favourite, but this book was nothing close to her best. The characters weren't as good, the romance was annoying, and the plot had great potential, but unfortunately didn't deliver.

Starflight was my favourite book for the two main characters, and the action packed plot. I absolutely loved Doran and Solara. Their romance, back story, character development... just everything a
Gelisvb
Feb 17, 2017 rated it did not like it
In my life I have read several bad second books, but nothing like this.
If I had to describe it I would call it a middle grade book with some strange sexual innuendo.
Disappointment doesn't ever start to cover how I felt toward this book.
There was nothing that worked for it, not a single thing and I don't know why.
I gave 4 stars to the first book: it had great characters who had a great dynamic between them and a fantastic sense of humor.
It was one of those books that makes you smile through it an
Justine
Not quite 3 stars, Starfall is an OK read, but not great. It is a disappointment compared to the first book, Starflight, which was seriously entertaining.

The plotting here was less than meticulous, and the cliche language which added to the campy entertainment in Starflight just fell flat in this one. There were parts of the book that were fun and exciting, but it didn't work as a whole, and the story felt uneven.

I listened to the audiobook version, and Amanda Dolan did an excellent job with the
Glory
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 звезды
Итак, новые приключения экипажа «Банши», только теперь на передний план выходят Кассия и Кейн. Сбежавшая принцесса и заядлый соблазнитель. Вечно грызущиеся, вспыльчивые, заклятые друзья детства. Им таки предстоит вернуться на родину, разобраться с войной, эпидемией и кучей врагов, а заодно и со своими сложными отношениями.

Признаюсь, поначалу я была несколько разочарована. Первая треть книги шла со скрипом. Местами было скучновато, местами хотелось биться головой о стену от зашкаливающ
Alexandra
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Review can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

I had truly enjoyed "Starflight", which had included too much banter, funny moments and space pirates! And of course I jumped into the chance to read the companion novel! The story of the escaped princess and her best friend and how truly they both wanted to love each other but also couldn't escape their duties,was a hit to my sci-fi heart.

Cassia and Kane are such a funny pair. Always fighting over the laser razor and how each other sleeps, but deep dow
Chelsea
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-star
Gosh, that was disappointing. This second installment is a companion to Starflight, and it is a huge step down from the light and entertaining first book.

This companion follows two other members of the Banshee spaceship crew, Cassia and Kane. After being captured, Cassia is thrust into position as queen and must make hard choices and decide who to trust.

Sadly, I just didn’t care. I didn’t care about these characters, I didn’t care about Cassia’s planet. I hated the boring kingdom drama that made
~Tina~
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sometimes I have problems with companion books, since I get easily attached to the characters that we initially meet, but that doesn't seem to be the case for Starfall! This book was easy to ease into and just as loved as the first book. I really loved Cassia and Kane even though throughout most of the book I wanted to bang their heads together;) A great read!
Katiria
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites-books

*** Review Starfall on Kati's Bookaholic Rambling Reviews ***

Ohh wow, wow, wow!!!! Where do I start first. I will like to say on how much I missed the banshee misfits I just love every one of the crew members and there adventure, and what a wild journey they had in Starfall! As you can tell I love everything in Starfall which surprise me because I really didn't know how I was going to like this one. Because I really didn't like Cassia or Kane that much in
Colleen Houck
This was a fast moving, fulfilling conclusion but I still can't help wishing for more. Love these characters and the world. There's a teeny bit of a love triangle which makes it very interesting. Great duology!
rachel
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
That was as bad as everyone warned me it would be. Ugh.
Ashley
Feb 16, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cassia was annoying and very hypocritical. I still enjoyed parts of this book but it was so much harder when the MC was so frustrating and silly.
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
Starfall brought the tension up more than just a notch, I loved it!
Anne
Oct 04, 2017 marked it as decided-not-to-read  ·  review of another edition
I loved Starflight!!! It was so awesome, so much fun, and so well written!!
So what happened here???
After 20% into the book, I still didn't care about the characters or the plot.

So I simply gave up and DNF'd this.
The next book I picked up hooked me in the first page.
20% is waaaaaayyyyyy too long -- for me anyway -- to get into a story without coming to care for any of the characters.

Hollis
Having seen a lot of early reviews mentioning how much of a disappointment the companion novel to STARFLIGHT was, I have to say : STARFALL was not as awful as I expected it to be. But maybe it helped that my expectations were so low.

I didn't love the conflict or being in Cassia's head, though I did very much enjoy Kane's POV and basically everything about his character, but neither did I hate everything, either. The read was fast but lacking in the humour of the first in the series and didn't ha
Tez
Sep 16, 2017 rated it liked it
[NOTE: I first published this at Speculative Chic.]

I read four Melissa Landers novels in 2017, but this was my favourite. Book 2 in the Starflight duology, Starfall focuses on Cassia and Kane this time, though of course Solara and Doran are around. After years on the run, Cassia has been apprehended and dragged back to her home planet. Now the queen, she may lose the planet to war unless she can stop an uprising. Meanwhile, Kane's mother is ill and it seems like a plague could be spreading. Kane
Sandy
May 02, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I would have enjoyed this more if the 2 main characters weren't so annoying.
Tammie
This book turned out to be a huge disappointment for me. I really loved Starflight so I was looking forward to reading this. Unfortunately Starfall just didn't grab me the way it's predecessor did. While I loved Solara and Doran in Starflight, I found that I just didn't really like Cassia and Kane all that much or their story. It seems that everything I loved about Starflight is missing in this sequel, namely the humor and camaraderie, and space travel, definitely not enough space travel in this ...more
Tahreem Iqbal
For most part, this book was great! I was enjoying the hell out of it and thinking 'I just found my new otp!'

But then something happened in the last quarter of this book

something so unnecessary, pointless and downright ridiculous

and that something went on for so ******* long

I was like

and it just threw all the thrill and excitement right out of the window

I still enjoyed Cassy and Kane though. I loved them in the first book, and even more in this one. But THAT one thing with Kane was sTUPID STUP
Rian *fire and books*
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well well well. Another book by Melissa Landers that I love. Is this a coincidence? Hell no! She is an amazing writer and I'm just so pleased at how well she's writing the Starflight Duology.

She has clearly grounded the series in hilarity, family and political schemes and I'm just pleased as tits to read it.
  • By Dark Deeds (Blade and Rose, #2)
  • The Lumatere Chronicles (Lumatere Chronicles, #1-3)
  • The Sorcerer's Wife (The Telepath and the Sorcerer #2)
  • Soulbound (Dark Arts, #3)
  • The Autumn Fairy (The Autumn Fairy, #1)
  • The White Song (Chronicles of the Black Gate, #5)
  • Lord of the Storm (Coalition Rebellion, #1)
  • The Marigold Chain
  • Enemy's Queen (The Aermian Feuds, #3)
  • The Seven Realms Box Set
  • Libertine's Kiss (Rakes and Rogues of the Restoration, #1)
  • Touch of Iron (The Living Blade #1)
  • At the Going Down of the Sun (Sheridans, #1)
  • When We Were Kings (The Wolf of Oberhame, #1)
  • The Fire Seer (Coalition Of Mages, #1)
  • Guardian Demon (The Guardians, #8)
  • The Prince's Rogue (Golden Guard, #2)
  • Mars One
**Receive news, updates, and exclusive excerpts from Melissa by subscribing to her e-newsletter!**

Melissa Landers writes romantic sci-fi & fantasy for teens and the young at heart. The Alienated trilogy (ALIENATED, INVADED, and UNITED) is now complete! STARFLIGHT is available, and its companion novel STARFALL releases in February. Look for BLASTAWAY in July, 2019.

**IMPORTANT** Please do not r

Starflight (2 books)
  • Starflight (Starflight, #1)
“The truth hurt more than lies.” 6 likes
“I do know the quickest way to your heart,” she murmured in his ear. “It’s through your chest with this laser blade.” 1 likes