Start by marking “Shattered Angel” as Want to Read:
Shattered Angel

Shattered Angel

The choice between life and death should be an easy one. However, the life that I had been given—the life I’m being asked to go back to—makes death seem like a welcome reprieve.

Before I turned eight, my mother sold me. The man who bought me trained me for the life he expected me to live. For more than ten years I was held captive, beaten, tortured—shattered. There was one
Published February 22nd 2015 by Carrie Beckort

To ask other readers questions about Shattered Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shattered Angel

Start your review of Shattered Angel
Charlotte Lynn
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my gosh! If you are looking for a book that will pull you in, tug at your heart, and leaving you spinning when it is done this is exactly the book for you. I started this, not sure I could handle the idea of a child being sold at age eight, and was not able to put it down. While the storyline is not an easy read, Carrie Beckort told the story in a way that showed compassion and love.

Isaac is amazing. He stands up to his dad, the man, and falls in love with Angel. He goes above and beyond to
Kelly Hager
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so excited to get to read this book. I absolutely loved her first book (Kingston's Project) and this sounded amazing. And it is, but it's also really, really different.

This book is an absolutely harrowing, brutal experience. It's never gratuitous but bad things happen and we know about it. The early chapters, where we experience things from a young Angel's perspective, reminded me of Room. We are only told what Angel knows, and she doesn't know much. But since you'll be reading this from a
gj indieBRAG
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
We are proud to announce that SHATTERED ANGEL by Carrie Beckort is a B.R.A.G. Medallion Honoree. This tells a reader that this book is well worth their time and money!
Lou Arna
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Crappy doodles! That was intense...

Beautiful writing. Dark, very very dark. Best avoided if you can't read about rape and abuse.
WordsAPlenty AudiobookReviewer
WordsAPlenty obtained a copy of this book to review. The review is entirely based on the opinion of the reader.

This is a story told in reverse, from Angel’s point of view. She recalls her brief life in moving and emotional detail. In life, everyone has choices to make but for Angel she’s been making them since she turned eight when she met the man, the man with the mean eyes.

“I want that doll, but to have the doll I can’t have Mommy.”

Sold by her “crackhead and prostitute” mother, Angel finds
Jami Mathis
This book took me a while to finish. It isn't a book you read in one setting. Your mind needs time to digest what is actually going on.

The way Carrie led us through Ang's life.... A terribly sad story.

This isn't a story about a girl that gets sold into sex slavery and then finds her true love. No. Its griddy. Its real. And its absolutely heart breaking.

Karen Michener
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shattered Angel by Carrie Beckort, is a troubling book due to its topic of human trafficking and sexual abuse. Although fictional, this topic that is all too real in our world today. If I had to describe this novel in one word it would be “unsettling”. The novel is told in first person from the viewpoint of Angel, the main character, who was sold into human bondage and prostitution at the age of eight by a crack head and alcohol addicted mother. An undercurrent of sadness and hopelessness ...more
Ashley
Mar 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Once again Carrie Beckort makes me cry! It probably wasn't the best choice for me to read this book the same month that I read Girls Like Us by Rachel Lloyd but I did and even though I think I cried this whole month because of books it was worth it. This book discusses a tough subject and forces Angel into a situation where she must live with the man who broke her or die. What a choice! But our Angel is a survivor and that makes this book powerful. If you haven't read Carrie Beckort then read ...more
Hunter
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I won a copy, and I was excited to read it, but when I got it, I was blown away! "Shattered Angel" was amazing. It was dark, twisted, thrilling, compelling; everything I look for in a book. This book is definitely one I'll cherish, and read over and over again.
Andrea Stoeckel
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A brutally honest book whose storyline grips you and does not let go
Kasey
Nov 15, 2015
Mridula Prasad
Nov 16, 2018
Jane
rated it did not like it
Mar 17, 2016
Tracy
Mar 06, 2017
Tracy
Nov 13, 2015
Megan Larson
Jan 17, 2016
Carrie Beckort
Jan 05, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
Paigepossum
Carla
Jody Ellis
Mar 03, 2015
There are days when I still can’t believe that I’m a writer. I’m so blessed to have been given the opportunity to write the stories that speak to my heart. My goal as a writer is to not only create a means of escape for the reader but to also generate an emotional connection between the reader and my characters. The stories I create are fictional, yet true to life.

I love connecting with readers,