Start by marking “Carolina Hurricane (Drive Me Wild #1)” as Want to Read:
Carolina Hurricane (Drive Me Wild #1)

Carolina Hurricane (Drive Me Wild #1)

4.58  ·  Rating Details  ·  88 Ratings  ·  69 Reviews
I was standing in the middle of nowhere with no real destination in mind. There was only the dire need to disappear from Charleston. With my head tilted up to the gray sky and my eyes closed, I let the light droplets of rain fall onto my face. I’d reached a crossroads in my life and was trying to find a reason to keep going. I had no idea a hurricane was coming and fate wo ...more
Published February 26th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Carolina Hurricane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Carolina Hurricane

✿kawehi.reviews
Nov 02, 2015 ✿kawehi.reviews rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-copy
I received an RC via the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!!

3.5-75 stars!!

I've neglected writing a review for this book and now I'm finally back to write my feedback on it. *ponders: if only there were much more time in a day to dedicate to my book obsession&reviewing?*

Carolina Hurricane is the first ever Gwendolyn Grace read I've ever come across to review and certainly won't be my last.

It's always loved my racer reads, as I've always imagined having a type of love that
Erin Merrill
Feb 26, 2015 Erin Merrill rated it really liked it
Just when you think you know how the story will go, a hurricane comes through and turns everything all upside down. I couldn't stop reading Harley's story! Full review to come.. too tired for words. Great first novella in the series!
Jennifer Zamora
Feb 11, 2015 Jennifer Zamora rated it it was amazing
This book gets a 5 stars form me, because the writing is wonderful. Very engaging, and page turning. I could not put this book down, and will be on the edge of my seat waiting for the next book in this series.

OMG!!! This book was amazing... THIS IS A CLIFFHANGER.
Harley the rebellious heroine, has a bad ass attitude, a whole lotta sass, and lot more heart.
Fox a down to earth, warm, family loving southern Gentlemen.

Harley has been just wandering through life, lost. After her gram died, maybe eve
Romance Between The Sheets
Please note this review may contain spoilers.

Harley has a massive chip on her shoulder and seems to wear it with pride. She believes she's not worthy of having anyone or anything good in her life, so she has no friends, no family, no job and a boyfriend who cheats on her. She believes that if she doesn't let anyone close, they can't hurt her, so she keeps everybody at a distance by not being very nice. Finally fed up with her life, she heads back to the only place that holds good memories, Sea W
Maggie
Feb 28, 2015 Maggie rated it it was amazing
4.5 Heart Racing Stars!

Carolina Hurricane is a unique read. I've never read a book set in the underground racing world before and I thought that was one of a kind. It added a layer of danger and mystery.

The love scenes were scorching hot! Fox sure knows what he's doing.... : )

I also enjoyed all the secondary characters, especially grams. She's got some wise words.

I also really enjoyed how I changed my mind about Mack in the end. I was surprised I did....

The pacing was perfect, the story flowe
Vikki Love
Feb 28, 2015 Vikki Love rated it really liked it
This is the first book of Gwendolyn's that I have read and it was a fantastic start to the Drive Me Wild series.

I fell in love with the characters instantly.
Harley is a badass, with the attitude to match and she doesn't take shit from anyone.
Fox is a sexy stranger that Harley runs into as she is trying to decide what to do with her life.
Harley and fox's story is intense and full of surprises.

I really enjoyed the story, and it didn't take me long to devour it.

I loved the writing, it kept me glued
Romance Readers Retreat
Nov 15, 2015 Romance Readers Retreat rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

This is the story of Harley, who has, by her own account, spent much of her life being let down by people. It seems her love life has been following the same pattern, until one day she decides she needs to move away and make a new start. She meets Fox who offers her a ride to Sea Whisper Island.

Sadly it took me a while to connect with Harley. She spent a large portion of the book, adamant that everyone, especially Fox would let her down even though it was clear Fox was perfect for her.
Maci Dillon
Feb 25, 2015 Maci Dillon rated it it was amazing
I was gifted an ARC in exchange for an honest review and WOW!

If this is any indication of what's to come in the following books of this series, it's going to be a hot, hot, hot one and I'm not just talking about burning rubber on the road!

This is book one in a new novella series, based around bad boy street racers and of course, a spicy hot romance. Fox however, is not your typical street racer stereotype. He's classy, affectionate, respectful and everything you could want in a man. He knows wh
Jeanette Oglesby
Jul 21, 2015 Jeanette Oglesby rated it it was amazing
This book drove me WILD for sure and gave me a very good change of scenery. I grew up in the drag racing world scene (from track racing to street racing) so I was very familiar with this scene and FLOVED it. I floved everything about this story from Harley being the bad ass that she is to Fox being the SEXY as Hell mystery man. I fell in love with the characters instantly and rooted for them the whole way through this book. The story is unlike any that I have read. This book is totally hot, hot, ...more
DJ Sakata
Feb 24, 2015 DJ Sakata rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

“There was so many things wrong with this picture. The most disturbing was how my panties were mingling with other panties. Just, ew.”

“I didn’t get the sense that he was a creep because I could spot one a mile away. He seemed too clean cut, too good-natured, just too opposite of anything I usually hung around with. It was as if my body knew something about him that my mind was still trying to figure out.”

“It was the kind of kiss that ignited a fire in your soul and y
Maria
Feb 28, 2015 Maria rated it really liked it

4-4.5 "Fox-y" stars!

I haven't read and I'm not really into muscle cars & drag racing, but this was an engaging story & a wild ride.

I'm definitely looking forward to getting more of Fox, Harley & the rest of this Carolina crew.

One more thing, Ms. Gwendolyn Grace can sure write some hot love/sex scenes!

ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Oct 10, 2015 MJ's Book Blog and Reviews rated it it was amazing
Review by: Melanie
(4.5 stars)

As the title suggests, this novella series is set in the Carolina's. The author either knows the area well or she has to have studied it or something because I was there. The descriptions throughout the book had me not just seeing the place, but I could feel it. The sea air, the atmosphere, the adrenaline, the emotion, even the sand under my feet. Yes that may sound a bit silly, but honestly, Gwendolyn Grace writes in a way to make you feel.

Leaving a bad relationship
Aug 03, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Harley and Fox's story! Fox, aka Drew, was hot and demanding, while also being a gentleman. Swoon..Harley the main female lead has had a rough life and wakes up one morning after sleeping with her on again off again boyfriend, Mack. She decides that this relationship isn't good for either of them and decides to skip town and try to start a new life somewhere else. She decides on Sea Whipser Island because her Gram used to have a house there. She ends up meeting Fox while she's s ...more
Melanie
Jul 17, 2015 Melanie rated it it was amazing

Leaving a bad relationship and pretty much nothing else
Jennifer Pierson
Aug 21, 2015 Jennifer Pierson rated it it was amazing
Carolina Hurricane is a the first book I've read by Gwendolyn Grace and I LOVED it! It was a fantastic, fast paced read.

Harley is an aggressive female with a huge chip on her shoulder. She's a sassy female with attitude that refuses to let anyone close to her, as she doesn't want to get hurt. She's convinced she's unworthy of anything or anyone good in her life. When fate steps in, she meets Fox at a crucial crossroad in her life. Fox is a loyal, family loving, down to earth man who rescues stra
Sassy Southern
Aug 17, 2015 Sassy Southern rated it it was amazing
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. Harley wants nothing more than to start her life over. She is standing in the rain and a stranger asks if she needs a ride. She kindly accepts and little does she know that that one ride with a stranger will be everything that she needs to start to get her life in order. Fox kindly offers Harley a ride because he is a gentleman first. They both have to stay on this island in South Carolina. Harley wants to go back to the life she grew up knowing and this ...more
Amy Stephens
Feb 25, 2015 Amy Stephens rated it it was amazing
I completely fell in love with another novel by Gwendolyn Grace. Carolina Hurricane is one of those stories that just sticks with you long after you're finished with it.

Harley Jane Wyatt was such a pleasure to meet. Full of life and determination, her character is witty and you just never know what she's going to say next. Tough on the outside yet fragile on the inside (in my opinion), Harley's just looking for someone to give her a squeeze and tell her everything's going to be alright.

Fox. Wh
Carra
Jul 20, 2015 Carra rated it liked it
This was one of those stories where I was split on the two main characters, so that kind of divided my opinion on the overall story. Fox? Loved him-sweet, strong, a good guy with a bad boy hobby. Harley? She was a bit hard for me to warm up to, mostly due to her devil-may-care attitude (aka "I can be a bitch if I want to"). This made it hard for me to really become invested in her character, and also for me to really embrace the two of them as a couple.

The story itself was good, and the writing
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4.5 Stars!

This was a great book. While a fast read, don't let that fool you as this book packed quite a punch and left me hanging and desperately wanting book two. I will admit this is the first book I have ever read by this author and it certainly won't be my last. This book was full of twists, turns, steam and had one hell of an ending.

This is Fox and Harley's story. Harley is seriously down on her luck. She is lost and has been for a while. But when a stranger appears and offers help, what sh
reading the sheets
Mar 05, 2015 reading the sheets rated it it was amazing
Cliffhanger alert! This book is a real page turner and I was left aghast at the end of the book. I'm not normally a fan of cliffhangers but this book has been so good that I would have carried on with the series cliffhanger or not.

Harley is the sexy, vivacious heroine that hasn't really had a goal in her life. After a family loss, she seems to wander aimlessly through life, getting kicks out of being the 'bad girl' she'd been seen as by everyone all along.
Fox is an affectionate guy, who knows
Amanda Lee Disheveled Book Blog
Calling all fans of romance-new adult-southern boy-racing books…….

I have a book for you.

This book is the third that I have read from this author and I’m in love. This book is different from the her debut but its a PERFECT new adult read. There’s angst, hot boys, sexy cars, funny characters, and very very steamy scenes.

The story is about Harley, she’s running from her past, present, and future. She’s been let down by everyone that has been part of her life. So she's afraid to commit and hasn’t ha
Amy
Jul 16, 2015 Amy rated it really liked it
Harley finally realizes the relationship she is in, isn't the right one for her. She needs to get out. The handsome stranger from the diner picks her up and together they travel to a small island they both call home. Fox enjoys Harley's company, he likes her when she isn't being a bitch. Things flare between the two of them. She finds out he's a racer, just like her old boyfriend. Can Harley do this again? First she needs to get on her feet, luckily Fox's family owns a restaurant and hire her. T ...more
Cupcakes and vodka Book Blog
Harley has reached a crossroad in her life, and is wondering what path to choose. With turmoil behind her she wonders if she can go on. That's when she meets handsome Fox. A bad boy underground racer, and ready to start some trouble with Harley. After a passionate crazy night, he starts to break down every wall she has built. But, can they survive the hurricane that brought them together, or will it break them apart? Can Harley change from the bad ass that life has made her?

Loved this book. It
LLEP  Book Blog
Jul 03, 2015 LLEP Book Blog rated it it was amazing
At least 5 stars!!

I was gifted this novella for an honest review and it's right up my alley. I'm a car buff raised under a mechanic father and I LOVE CARS, especially old muscle and race cars. Gwendolyn Grace enticed me with the cover and blurb and then her amazing story, characters, both primary and secondary and the way she tied it all together. I also love that she included her Playlist. I pulled it up and played low in the back as I was reading, AMAZING!

Harley is the main female character th
Rachel
Aug 17, 2015 Rachel rated it it was amazing
This is my first read from Gwendolyn Grace, but I can assure you, it won't be my last. I love how descriptive and entertaining her writing is. Her character development is phenomenal. It's like "reading a movie".
Harley has no particular place to go and all day to get there. She doesn't really have anyone who will miss her except her sometimes boyfriend, and she's not really all that sure about him!
She's standing in the rain and the handsome Fox picks her up and accosts her with the most beautifu
Victoria
Mar 05, 2015 Victoria rated it it was amazing
Originally posted at Revenge of the Feels

*Thank you to the author for giving me an eARC in exchange for a honest review.

INFINITE STARS!

If there was an infinite rating system for books, Gwendolyn Grace would most definitely be the first author whose books I shall nominate!

Carolina Hurricane is the third book written by Miss Gwendolyn, and the second that I have read! True was the first and let me tell you, it was amazing! Miss Gwendolyn has a talent, or rather, a knack to write books with such
The Big O Book Blog
Apr 19, 2016 The Big O Book Blog rated it it was amazing
Carolina Hurricane by Gwendolyn Grace
Love in the Fast Lane Novella Series 1
I’ve never read Gwendolyn Grace before, but
boy am I a fan… Harley has a smart mouth
and thick skin that she’s built up over the
years, but it’s all an act. Nobody has seen
behind her walls until she meets Fox. Drew
“Fox” wants the woman behind the mask,
but she pushes him away in order to protect
herself. She’s never met a man like him, and
he’s never wanted a woman so badly.
Carolina Hurricane is full of sex, lust, and
love.

I giv
Alison Chewning
After looking at the cover and reading the blurb of Carolina Hurricane I was instantly hooked. This was a new debut author for me to read. I really liked the story especially about it being about racing cars. Which was something totally different to read for me. I overally enjoyed reading Carolina Hurricane. This book was very entertaining with some hot and fast relationships going on here.

Harley has a smart mouth and she is one tough chick. She had it rough and dosen't trust anybody. She is in
Angie Larson
Feb 20, 2015 Angie Larson rated it really liked it
This is a great first novella to start off this series!!! I'm really not a fan of racecars and drag racing, but it doesn't matter with this book!!! The story around the reading is awesome!!!! Highly recommend!!
Keara
Jul 11, 2015 Keara rated it it was amazing
This book definitely drove me wild! I was hooked from the beginning and never put it down. Both lead characters surprised me in a great way! I can't wait for book 2!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Romance by Author...: Dreamcast Leads 12 9 May 29, 2015 09:24AM
Romance by Author...: Falling in Love... 2 4 May 12, 2015 12:49AM
Romance by Author...: Smart Mouth?? 3 4 May 12, 2015 12:48AM
Romance by Author...: Fox's Real Name 2 3 May 07, 2015 08:00PM
Romance by Author...: Chapter Six 5 6 May 05, 2015 12:00PM
Romance by Author...: Details 1 9 Apr 17, 2015 08:25AM
Romance by Author...: All things FOX 5 9 Apr 01, 2015 12:53AM
  • Stone of Thieves (Robbin' Hearts Series #2)
  • Interference
  • Jase (Rebel Wayfarers MC, #4)
  • Bennett (On the Line, #2)
  • One True Thing (One True Thing, #1)
  • Every Heart
  • Twisted Fate
  • Please Pretty Lights
  • Anything but Minor (Balls in Play, #1)
  • Red Hot Obsessions
  • The Billionaire Escape Plan (Friends with Benefits)
  • Her Adoring SEAL (Midnight Delta #3)
  • Destroy Me (Destroy 2)
  • Heart Racer (Heart Racer, #1)
  • Alice's Summertime Adventure
  • The Fat Rules
  • A Bargain Struck
  • The Ace (Men of the Show #2)
I am mad about books! It all started when my sixth grade teacher Ms. Schwartz read Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls to our class, I looked forward to the time after recess when she would read a chapter or two to us. I've been hooked on books ever since. One day I stumbled upon Goodreads and discovered a world of crazy book junkies just like myself! Since then I've become a blogger, beta re ...more
More about Gwendolyn Grace...

Drive Me Wild (3 books)
  • Carolina King (Drive Me Wild #2)
  • Carolina Crush (Drive Me Wild #3)