Start by marking “Carolina Hurricane (Drive Me Wild #1)” as Want to Read:
Carolina Hurricane (Drive Me Wild #1)

Carolina Hurricane (Drive Me Wild #1)

I was standing in the middle of nowhere with no real destination in mind. There was only the dire need to disappear from Charleston. With my head tilted up to the gray sky and my eyes closed, I let the light droplets of rain fall onto my face. I’d reached a crossroads in my life and was trying to find a reason to keep going. I had no idea a hurricane was coming and fate wo ...more
Published February 26th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Carolina Hurricane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Carolina Hurricane

✿kawehi.reviews
Oct 23, 2015 ✿kawehi.reviews rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-copy
☆ I received an RC via the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!! ☆

3.5-75 stars!!

I've neglected writing a review for this book and now I'm finally back to write my feedback on it. *ponders: if only there were much more time in a day to dedicate to my book obsession&reviewing?*

Carolina Hurricane is the first ever Gwendolyn Grace read I've ever come across to review and certainly won't be my last.

It's always loved my racer reads, as I've always imagined having a type of love th
Erin Merrill
Feb 05, 2015 Erin Merrill rated it really liked it
Just when you think you know how the story will go, a hurricane comes through and turns everything all upside down. I couldn't stop reading Harley's story! Full review to come.. too tired for words. Great first novella in the series!
Romance Between The Sheets
Please note this review may contain spoilers.

Harley has a massive chip on her shoulder and seems to wear it with pride. She believes she's not worthy of having anyone or anything good in her life, so she has no friends, no family, no job and a boyfriend who cheats on her. She believes that if she doesn't let anyone close, they can't hurt her, so she keeps everybody at a distance by not being very nice. Finally fed up with her life, she heads back to the only place that holds good memories, Sea W
Jennifer Zamora
Feb 03, 2015 Jennifer Zamora rated it it was amazing
This book gets a 5 stars form me, because the writing is wonderful. Very engaging, and page turning. I could not put this book down, and will be on the edge of my seat waiting for the next book in this series.

OMG!!! This book was amazing... THIS IS A CLIFFHANGER.
Harley the rebellious heroine, has a bad ass attitude, a whole lotta sass, and lot more heart.
Fox a down to earth, warm, family loving southern Gentlemen.

Harley has been just wandering through life, lost. After her gram died, maybe eve
Maggie
Feb 18, 2015 Maggie rated it it was amazing
4.5 Heart Racing Stars!

Carolina Hurricane is a unique read. I've never read a book set in the underground racing world before and I thought that was one of a kind. It added a layer of danger and mystery.

The love scenes were scorching hot! Fox sure knows what he's doing.... : )

I also enjoyed all the secondary characters, especially grams. She's got some wise words.

I also really enjoyed how I changed my mind about Mack in the end. I was surprised I did....

The pacing was perfect, the story flowe
Vikki Love
Feb 12, 2015 Vikki Love rated it really liked it
This is the first book of Gwendolyn's that I have read and it was a fantastic start to the Drive Me Wild series.

I fell in love with the characters instantly.
Harley is a badass, with the attitude to match and she doesn't take shit from anyone.
Fox is a sexy stranger that Harley runs into as she is trying to decide what to do with her life.
Harley and fox's story is intense and full of surprises.

I really enjoyed the story, and it didn't take me long to devour it.

I loved the writing, it kept me glued
DJ Sakata
Feb 12, 2015 DJ Sakata rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

“There was so many things wrong with this picture. The most disturbing was how my panties were mingling with other panties. Just, ew.”

“I didn’t get the sense that he was a creep because I could spot one a mile away. He seemed too clean cut, too good-natured, just too opposite of anything I usually hung around with. It was as if my body knew something about him that my mind was still trying to figure out.”

“It was the kind of kiss that ignited a fire in your soul and y
Maci Dillon
Feb 04, 2015 Maci Dillon rated it it was amazing
I was gifted an ARC in exchange for an honest review and WOW!

If this is any indication of what's to come in the following books of this series, it's going to be a hot, hot, hot one and I'm not just talking about burning rubber on the road!

This is book one in a new novella series, based around bad boy street racers and of course, a spicy hot romance. Fox however, is not your typical street racer stereotype. He's classy, affectionate, respectful and everything you could want in a man. He knows wh
Romance Readers Retreat
Nov 12, 2015 Romance Readers Retreat rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

This is the story of Harley, who has, by her own account, spent much of her life being let down by people. It seems her love life has been following the same pattern, until one day she decides she needs to move away and make a new start. She meets Fox who offers her a ride to Sea Whisper Island.

Sadly it took me a while to connect with Harley. She spent a large portion of the book, adamant that everyone, especially Fox would let her down even though it was clear Fox was perfect for her.
Jeanette Oglesby
Jun 22, 2015 Jeanette Oglesby rated it it was amazing
This book drove me WILD for sure and gave me a very good change of scenery. I grew up in the drag racing world scene (from track racing to street racing) so I was very familiar with this scene and FLOVED it. I floved everything about this story from Harley being the bad ass that she is to Fox being the SEXY as Hell mystery man. I fell in love with the characters instantly and rooted for them the whole way through this book. The story is unlike any that I have read. This book is totally hot, hot, ...more
Maria
Feb 20, 2015 Maria rated it really liked it

4-4.5 "Fox-y" stars!

I haven't read and I'm not really into muscle cars & drag racing, but this was an engaging story & a wild ride.

I'm definitely looking forward to getting more of Fox, Harley & the rest of this Carolina crew.

One more thing, Ms. Gwendolyn Grace can sure write some hot love/sex scenes!

ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.
Angie Larson
Feb 03, 2015 Angie Larson rated it really liked it
This is a great first novella to start off this series!!! I'm really not a fan of racecars and drag racing, but it doesn't matter with this book!!! The story around the reading is awesome!!!! Highly recommend!!
Betty
Dec 29, 2015 Betty rated it it was amazing
I read this in one night! I got sucked into the story, wanting to figure out Harley and her story. I can't wait to read the next book!
Keara
Jul 11, 2015 Keara rated it it was amazing
This book definitely drove me wild! I was hooked from the beginning and never put it down. Both lead characters surprised me in a great way! I can't wait for book 2!
Aug 03, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Harley and Fox's story! Fox, aka Drew, was hot and demanding, while also being a gentleman. Swoon..Harley the main female lead has had a rough life and wakes up one morning after sleeping with her on again off again boyfriend, Mack. She decides that this relationship isn't good for either of them and decides to skip town and try to start a new life somewhere else. She decides on Sea Whipser Island because her Gram used to have a house there. She ends up meeting Fox while she's s ...more
Victoria
Feb 05, 2015 Victoria rated it it was amazing
Originally posted at Revenge of the Feels

*Thank you to the author for giving me an eARC in exchange for a honest review.

INFINITE STARS!

If there was an infinite rating system for books, Gwendolyn Grace would most definitely be the first author whose books I shall nominate!

Carolina Hurricane is the third book written by Miss Gwendolyn, and the second that I have read! True was the first and let me tell you, it was amazing! Miss Gwendolyn has a talent, or rather, a knack to write books with such
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Oct 09, 2015 MJ's Book Blog and Reviews rated it it was amazing
Review by: Melanie
(4.5 stars)

As the title suggests, this novella series is set in the Carolina's. The author either knows the area well or she has to have studied it or something because I was there. The descriptions throughout the book had me not just seeing the place, but I could feel it. The sea air, the atmosphere, the adrenaline, the emotion, even the sand under my feet. Yes that may sound a bit silly, but honestly, Gwendolyn Grace writes in a way to make you feel.

Leaving a bad relationship
Melanie
Jul 16, 2015 Melanie rated it it was amazing

Leaving a bad relationship and pretty much nothing else
Dana Busenbark
After the death of her grandmother 6 years ago, Harley has floated around from place to place, doing jobs such as waitressing. After being fired, she tracks down Mack. He is a guy you don't want to mess with. What does she do after one night of sleeping with him again? After she does what it is she does, where does she go? Where is she looking to go when she gets there? What happens when she finds she would have to wait until the next day to go? Enter Fox, who is eating at a diner in town. Harle ...more
Amanda Lee Disheveled Book Blog
Calling all fans of romance-new adult-southern boy-racing books…….

I have a book for you.

This book is the third that I have read from this author and I’m in love. This book is different from the her debut but its a PERFECT new adult read. There’s angst, hot boys, sexy cars, funny characters, and very very steamy scenes.

The story is about Harley, she’s running from her past, present, and future. She’s been let down by everyone that has been part of her life. So she's afraid to commit and hasn’t ha
LLEP  Book Blog
Jun 18, 2015 LLEP Book Blog rated it it was amazing
At least 5 stars!!

I was gifted this novella for an honest review and it's right up my alley. I'm a car buff raised under a mechanic father and I LOVE CARS, especially old muscle and race cars. Gwendolyn Grace enticed me with the cover and blurb and then her amazing story, characters, both primary and secondary and the way she tied it all together. I also love that she included her Playlist. I pulled it up and played low in the back as I was reading, AMAZING!

Harley is the main female character th
Tara Copsy
Jul 01, 2015 Tara Copsy rated it it was amazing

Harley is the main female character that is hell on whee
Shanoff Reads
Feb 22, 2015 Shanoff Reads rated it it was amazing

5.0 out of 5 stars Drive Me Wild, indeed..., February 26, 2015
By Shanoff Reads "Shanoff" (TX, US)
This review is from: Carolina Hurricane (Drive Me Wild Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
**I received an ARC for an honest review.**

This novella definitely delivers Love in the Fast Lane and at times the characters difinitely Drove Me Wild.

I have really enjoyed Gwendolyn Grace's debut in the author world and I love that all of her stories are easy to connect with and get consumed by and Carolina Hurricane is
She's a Lip Biter
Aug 11, 2015 She's a Lip Biter rated it really liked it
Harley always runs! She doesn't let anyone close, that is until she meets Fox. She doesn't feel as if she deserves anything good and is content living her life out of her bag so she can skip at the first sign of trouble or real feelings.

Fox looks like the all-American sweetheart good boy and that is something Harley has never been interested in.....until now. When Fox picks up Harley off the side of a road when a hurricane is breathing down their neck, neither of them thought that they would end
Jennifer Pierson
Aug 21, 2015 Jennifer Pierson rated it it was amazing
Carolina Hurricane is a the first book I've read by Gwendolyn Grace and I LOVED it! It was a fantastic, fast paced read.

Harley is an aggressive female with a huge chip on her shoulder. She's a sassy female with attitude that refuses to let anyone close to her, as she doesn't want to get hurt. She's convinced she's unworthy of anything or anyone good in her life. When fate steps in, she meets Fox at a crucial crossroad in her life. Fox is a loyal, family loving, down to earth man who rescues stra
Lisa
Feb 17, 2015 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-digital
Carolina Hurricane by Gwendolyn Grace is the first book in her new series Drive Me Wild. A novella length novel that will leave you panting for more, it tells the story of Harley and Fox.

Harley is a jaded young woman who is skating by with a "could care less" attitude and no real destination or goal. Fox is the gorgeous young man who sees her standing in the rain (of an approaching hurricane) and is captivated by her in that moment.

He offers her a ride, she eventually accepts and their story beg
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4.5 Stars!

This was a great book. While a fast read, don't let that fool you as this book packed quite a punch and left me hanging and desperately wanting book two. I will admit this is the first book I have ever read by this author and it certainly won't be my last. This book was full of twists, turns, steam and had one hell of an ending.

This is Fox and Harley's story. Harley is seriously down on her luck. She is lost and has been for a while. But when a stranger appears and offers help, what sh
Amy Stephens
Feb 25, 2015 Amy Stephens rated it it was amazing
I completely fell in love with another novel by Gwendolyn Grace. Carolina Hurricane is one of those stories that just sticks with you long after you're finished with it.

Harley Jane Wyatt was such a pleasure to meet. Full of life and determination, her character is witty and you just never know what she's going to say next. Tough on the outside yet fragile on the inside (in my opinion), Harley's just looking for someone to give her a squeeze and tell her everything's going to be alright.

Fox. Wh
Carra
Jul 17, 2015 Carra rated it liked it
This was one of those stories where I was split on the two main characters, so that kind of divided my opinion on the overall story. Fox? Loved him-sweet, strong, a good guy with a bad boy hobby. Harley? She was a bit hard for me to warm up to, mostly due to her devil-may-care attitude (aka "I can be a bitch if I want to"). This made it hard for me to really become invested in her character, and also for me to really embrace the two of them as a couple.

The story itself was good, and the writing
Sassy Southern
Aug 17, 2015 Sassy Southern rated it it was amazing
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. Harley wants nothing more than to start her life over. She is standing in the rain and a stranger asks if she needs a ride. She kindly accepts and little does she know that that one ride with a stranger will be everything that she needs to start to get her life in order. Fox kindly offers Harley a ride because he is a gentleman first. They both have to stay on this island in South Carolina. Harley wants to go back to the life she grew up knowing and this ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Romance by Author...: Dreamcast Leads 12 9 May 29, 2015 09:24AM
Romance by Author...: Falling in Love... 2 4 May 12, 2015 12:49AM
Romance by Author...: Smart Mouth?? 3 4 May 12, 2015 12:48AM
Romance by Author...: Fox's Real Name 2 3 May 07, 2015 08:00PM
Romance by Author...: Chapter Six 5 6 May 05, 2015 12:00PM
Romance by Author...: Details 1 9 Apr 17, 2015 08:25AM
Romance by Author...: All things FOX 5 9 Apr 01, 2015 12:53AM
  • Stone of Thieves (Robbin' Hearts Series #2)
  • Interference
  • Jase (Rebel Wayfarers MC, #4)
  • Bennett (On the Line, #2)
  • One True Thing (One True Thing, #1)
  • Every Heart
  • Twisted Fate (Twisted Fate, #1)
  • Please Pretty Lights
  • Anything but Minor (Balls in Play, #1)
  • Red Hot Obsessions
  • The Billionaire Escape Plan (Friends with Benefits)
  • Her Adoring SEAL (Midnight Delta #3)
  • Destroy Me (Destroy 2)
  • Heart Racer (Heart Racer, #1)
  • Alice's Summertime Adventure
  • The Fat Rules
  • A Bargain Struck
  • The Ace (Men of the Show #2)
I am mad about books! It all started when my sixth grade teacher Ms. Schwartz read Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls to our class, I looked forward to the time after recess when she would read a chapter or two to us. I've been hooked on books ever since. One day I stumbled upon Goodreads and discovered a world of crazy book junkies just like myself! Since then I've become a blogger, beta re ...more
More about Gwendolyn Grace...

Drive Me Wild (3 books)
  • Carolina King (Drive Me Wild #2)
  • Carolina Crush (Drive Me Wild #3)