Start by marking “Fated: Blood and Redemption (Baal's Heart, #3)” as Want to Read:
Fated: Blood and Redemption (Baal's Heart, #3)

Read Book

Fated: Blood and Redemption (Baal's Heart #3)

4.41  ·  Rating details ·  219 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
Novel (117,000+ words)
Genre(s): Historical Fantasy, Erotic Action/Adventure, Triad, Gay

With the captain’s mind in shambles, Jon and Tom set out to find the passage home through the black mountain range, hoping to find a cure for Baltsaros’s madness. However, when the men are forced to part ways, darkness takes root in the schism created; fate, lust, and vengeance become ob
Published April 11th 2015 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Fated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fated

SheReadsALot

Um...I hated it. j/k
It had all the things. Loved it. One of my faves for the year.

GROUP REVIEW with a couple of unicorns:

Nearly a year ago, I got to meet Bey Deckard's pirates, Jon, Tom and Baltsaros. These three men were damaged, cutthroat, vulnerable, sexy and had one hell of a story to tell. The story telling was vivid, the quality was superb. Book #1, Caged cemented itself on my 2014 favorites list. I wouldn't shut up about it. Blabbed to everyone to read this book and if you haven't, ser
Shurrn
A million times, YES.
Their relationship would continue to grow, to change. There would always be pain, and they would be tested... Their triad had the shakiest of foundations, based as it was on mistrust, jealousy, and deception. But ships didn't need pillars pounded into the earth; no, they needed strong, protective hulls that could carry them over the ever-changing waves of an uncaring sea. With trust, hope... love - all things they had built together - they could weather anything.
I her
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion
I've held off reviewing this for a couple days to give it a fair shake. Y'see I binge watched all of Black Sails while reading this. I know it's not fair to compare the two but which is why I took some time to digest.

Black Sails is bursting at the seams with pirates being pirate-y. They are unscrupulous pillaging, marauding pirate-y pirates. And they are HOOOOTTTT!!!!!!!

Exhibit A:
description

Exhibit B:
description

When they're not stealing gold or backstabbing each other they are fucking. And they're not particularly p
A Girl Has No Name
Baal's Heart is definitely one of my favorite m/m series! Sexy pirates in dangerous situations having smoky hot sex - YES PLEASE!

Due to Baltsaros' madness Jon became captain of Baal's heart and has to take difficult decisions in order to bring the ship out of the dangers that their travel brought apon them. Fearing for Baltsaros' health, the relationship between all three men turns out to be difficult, but they aren't willing to give up what they had.

Fated: Blood and Redemption is an extremely
~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~
★★★★★ 1-3
I'm going to do one review for all three books because I read them all this week and couldn't put them down to do an individual review but they were 5 ★★★★★ for me as a whole.

From the first book, when Jon watches the pirate ship sail into the harbor, his adventure and new life begins. Handsome pirate, Baltsaros lives with secrets and lies and Jon affects him like no other. Strong, damaged Tom sees Jon alternately as an usurper and is attracted to him.

In between the sexy times, each boo
Sunny
Fascinating story, complex characters, intense action, sweet and kinky love...this story had it all. My interest was kept the whole way through and I dreaded reaching the end.

Pirate life is not for the faint-hearted, though, and I cringed a few times while reading. Consequences of past mistakes led to unfortunate situations and although I understood the decisions that were made, I hated that any of it happened in the first place.

However, the dark times did move the story forward, and provided op
Bey Deckard
A story about beginnings and ends, about illogical things that seem to make sense, about rational things that don't, about mistakes and their consequences, about trust and hope, about struggle and surrender, about madness that calls to madness...

The last book in the trilogy is dark, violent, tender, and full of heart.

Fate will find a way.
—Virgil

Toni FGMAMTC

I was super excited to dig into this story but very sad knowing it was the final from this trio. Fated alternates between past and present times, continuing the plot while closing some gaps. This installment, like the ones before it, is almost impossible to categorize. The main characters are pirates. It feels sort of historical fantasy; yet, with some of the gadgets like the lights, it almost has h
Lori
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's all the stars from me on this one. I was so excited to review this ARC, I even put on my #TeamTom T-shirt. I could so have been setting myself up for disappointment, I'm glad to say I enjoyed every word!
"There was still a long road to recovery ahead, but he felt something he hadn't felt in a long time: hope."

We left book two with a broken Baltsaros, Jon acting as Captain and Tom trying to hold it all together. Though there is plenty of action in this story, lots of piratey ploys, I think
JustJen "Miss Conduct"

A review by The Blogger Girls.

Well, Mr. Deckard has managed to do it again with this third installment of the Baal’s Heart adventure. This was every bit as good, if not better in some ways, than the first two. The writing is unbelievably smooth, and the scenes just flow almost seamlessly from one to the next. It actually feels as though you are along for the ride with these guys, and what a ride it is.

This picks up where the previous one left off with the men heading back to Madierus for help in
Mercedes
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-romance, poly, fantasy
So freaking sad it's over!

I loved this series! The best MMM Pirate Fantasy, don't miss out!
K
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It’s been 6 months since we left the crew of Baal’s Heart with much anticipation of what was to become of the Captain, Tom, and Jon. Fated: Blood and Redemption, by Bey Deckard is the 3rd book in the Baal’s Heart trilogy. Captain Baltsaros is in pretty bad condition after subjecting himself to that madman at Ereme’ia Balor. It’s gonna be up to Jon and Tom to get themselves, the Heart, and the Captain, home. Jon has been made interim captain until Baltsaros can get back to his old self, or as clo ...more
Maggie Simms
5+++ stars.

So I took my own sweet time reading this one...mainly because I did not want this story to end.I have a Tom addiction...what am I to do now?

I so loved how much of Tom we got to see in this book. I loved reading about his first time and his start with Baltsaros. Now, I have to say, poor Tom. Could a human being suffer more injuries and trauma? Yet, he kept plugging along.

Jon grew on me. To me he was the least interesting of the three in the previous books (maybe because I like my heroe
Chelsea
Holy shit, just let me recover for a moment... That ending was intense, don't worry there's enough of a HEA, but holy shit I didn't see that coming.

ok... moving on...

It was nice seeing them all together again and i loved seeing into the past for both Tom and Baltsaros, the emotions are no less intense than the first two books and there was still a level of uncertainty in the relationship.

There were lots of fun and sexy moments, in fact the marjority of the book felt rather light-hearted, especia
Fifi LaFleur
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I kinda hated this book. Knowing it is the end of the series made me dilly dally and avoid progress in the reading. I don't want it to be done! I love this triad of Jon, Tom, and Baltsaros. I'm going to miss them. That said, this book kind of felt like the end.

What a great and fitting end to this series. Fated has a lot of heart. It is filled with self reflection, growth of character, and in many ways growing up. It's a time for cracking open ill healed wounds and resetting them correctly for al
Starr Waddell
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: editing
oof. I cannot even. exceptional.
Riina Y.T.
Holy shitcake, cock and bloody fuckin' balls, this was remarkable!

Mr. Deckard, your mind is a beautiful, brilliant thing.

I thoroughly enjoyed those boys's journey! Gods, what an emotional roller coaster.
While there was a lot of action in all three books, I feel as if it was heavily focused on them guys difficult relationship, which was perfect. I came to love and adore these men and truly loved seeing them growing close while still drifting apart at times. It was truly an amazing journey.

And
Joseph Tonlet
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So, is there such a thing as an author who can't write a book review to save his life? Let me assure you good folks, there is - and you're looking at him! *hangs head in shame*

Indeed, the thought alone of putting pen to paper in an effort to convey my thoughts about any particular piece of brilliant writing scares the livin' crap outta me! I honestly don't know how reviewers do what they do. I'm in total awe of them!

Today's brilliant piece of writing? Bey Deckard's Fated. So, despite my inabilit
Tracy
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wish I could give this whole series ten stars
So descriptive
Felt like I was coming home and sailing with the boys and Baltsaros
Ahhh Saban!! You are one intriguing guy... Can't wait to learn more about you
Loved how strong Jon is becoming and loved the tenderness between Tom and Baltsaros
I hope this isn't the end for these guys
One of my favorite thing to read about is pirates and the wonderful sense of adventure they embody
Bey Deckard
Aug 16, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
Now available in audiobook -> http://geni.us/FatedAudio
Kristy
Apr 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars! A trilogy that is a must read for the genre.
Joyfully Jay
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

5 stars

Fated: Blood and Redemption is the highly anticipated third book in the Baal’s Heart Trilogy. Where the second book, Sacrificed: Heart Beyond the Spires, had a lot of strategic action at almost every turn, Fated alternates between movement and increased character development. We are offered more: more of Tom’s shattered childhood, more of what is at the heart of the darkness that lives within Baltsaros, and more of Jon changing and trying to adapt. It’s pirates in a
Benjamin
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay-historical
Fated brings to a conclusion the adventures of the thoroughly engaging trio, Baltsaros, Tom and Jon, and it does so in style. Baltsaros, still not cured of the mind changing tortures imposed on him by the twisted Emperor Ah'puch, is causing concern and problems for his two beautiful boys; but they find a temporary solution after a a naval ship falls into their hands. After they arrive home they enjoy a brief period of respite before Baltsaros takes them on a another mission that ends up putting ...more
Carly
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The dramatic conclusion of the Baal's Heart trilogy, FATED took me on a roller coaster ride of emotional responses. Jon, Baltsaros and Tom are adapting to new roles, both in and out of their relationship, after the trauma they experienced in Sacrificed: Heart Beyond the Spires. Forced to make difficult choices while under pressure, their personal demons are closer to the surface than ever. Emotions are strained and loyalties are challenged as some of their worst nightmares come to life.

Expertly
multitaskingmomma
Original Blog Post: Happy Happy Release Day! eARC Review Request: Fated: Blood and Redemption (Baal's Heart #3) by Bey Deckard

Review by: multitaskingmomma
My Rating: (5 of 5 Stars) 5
The Multiplier Rating Takes Effect

Am I really going to attempt a review for this read?

That question has been going through my mind for over a week now. Yes, I read this and read and just could not get over this latest and final installment to Baal's Heart series. The story of three pirate men who come together and d
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
I was given a copy by the author in exchange for an honest review.

I was excited to start this story but sad knowing it was the final one. Fated goes between past and present times, continuing the plot while closing some areas. The main characters are pirates. The eroticism and BDSM-lite are still present as well. Adventure and action are major themes. It has darkish elements and obviously the true and imperfect love between three men.

Fated has lots of characters besides the three leads and I lo
~Sαм I Aм~
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-favourites
Absolutely stunning. 5++++ Stars!

I have enjoyed every second of this book. The writing is superb, and for a debut series it really is outstanding work. I reckon the Baals Heart series is the kind that sticks, unforgettable. Bey will definitely be going on my fave list, I will have to check out his other work.

I always liked Baltsaros even though he is a complete sociopath, I found that he endeared himself to me even more-so as he struggled to find the way out of his madness. And knowing just how
Interrupted Reader
Perfect ending to an epic tale. Wonderfully creative and unique series. The pirate triad survives plot twists, role changes, and brutal attacks to find themselves and evolve as individuals in addition to maturing within their relationships. Deckard has penned a masterpiece within the genre. Well done.
A-, re-read 4/5
Jen
No! Not the end! Bey say it ain't so! This was good. I can't wait for the Saban.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Don't miss these character interviews 1 6 Apr 20, 2015 12:40PM
Available for preorder at Amazon from March 25th 1 6 Mar 25, 2015 06:55AM
  • The Slave (Free Men, #1)
  • At His Throat, A Promise
  • Where Willows Won't Grow
  • Beyond the Edge (The James Lucas Trilogy, #1)
  • Chronic Carnalli Complex (Carnalli Brothers, #2)
  • The Copper Horse: Pride (The Copper Horse, #2)
  • The Red King
  • Special Forces - Mercenaries Part II (Special Forces, #2 part 2)
  • Bloodline (Unnamed London PNR Series #2)
  • Cinnamon (Blood Nation, #3)
  • Forgive Us (Deliver Us, #3)
  • A Royal Affair (A Royal Affair, #1)
  • Bad Things
  • Clockwork Heart (Clockwork Love, #1)
  • Don't... (Don't..., #1)
  • Fame and Fortune (All Cocks #2)
  • Fun With Dick and Shane (Memoirs of a Houseboy, #1)
Artist, Writer, Dog Lover - http://www.beydeckard.com

Canadian indie author Bey Deckard wanted to be many things when he grew up: veterinarian, vampire, paleontologist, crane operator, sniper, ophthalmologist, brain surgeon, marine biologist, lawyer, forensic anthropologist, set designer, underwater archaeologist, mortician, rock star, philanthropist... but writer was not on the list. Artist wasn’t
More about Bey Deckard...

Baal's Heart (3 books)
  • Caged: Love and Treachery on the High Seas (Baal's Heart, #1)
  • Sacrificed: Heart Beyond the Spires (Baal's Heart, #2)

“I'm gonna ask ye ladies a question, and I bloody expect to be answered," he growled. "Who's the scoundrel been doin' some unwanted rootin' of yer cunts for pay?” 4 likes
“Their relationship would continue to grow, to change. There would always be pain, and they would be tested... Their triad had the shakiest of foundations, based as it was on mistrust, jealousy, and deception. But ships didn't need pillars pounded into the earth; no, they needed strong, protective hulls that could carry them over the ever-changing waves of an uncaring sea. With trust, hope... love--all things they had built together--they could weather anything.” 4 likes