Jump to ratings and reviews

No Exceptions #4

The Lover's Surrender

LOVE…sometimes it’s good. Sometimes it’s bad. And sometimes it’s dangerous.
Brooke Stewart, a realtor in New York, is sure of one of thing. She should never fully trust someone who has secrets. Especially when said bad boy is the sexiest man walking on earth. She is running away and has no intention of ever returning to him. But when a friend is killed and the one man she thought she would never meet again is accused of murder, she knows the story doesn’t add up.

Dangerously sexy and arrogant millionaire Jett Mayfield knows his secrets are not doing him any favors. However, when they serve to save Brooke’s life, he has no intention of revealing them. When problems spiral out of control and his life is turned upside down, he knows he needs her more than ever. He needs her more than he knows. But will he be strong enough to do what needs to be done?

In a world where truth shatters and danger is closing in on them, where love is their only sanctuary, will they be able to find each other or is it time to let each other go?

328 pages, Paperback

First published November 23, 2015

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

J.C. Reed

26 books3,326 followers
J.C. Reed is a New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author. She writes steamy contemporary romance with a touch of mystery.

To find out about Jessica's work, future releases, competitions and great giveaways visit her website at http://www.jcreedauthor.com
or
Facebook page

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
49 (4%)
1 star
15 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 87 reviews
Profile Image for DJ Sakata.
3,008 reviews1,736 followers
Favorite Quotes:

“As a child he had wanted to be a magician, able to transfix people. What he could do today was far greater. It wasn’t magic, but it was just as powerful.”

“He wasn’t just handsome. With his black hair and eyes the color or sin, he was in every way beautiful.”

“I’ve always known that life can both suck and surprise in the same instant. I just had no idea how much it could.”

“The day I fell in love with you, I got lost in the rhythm of your heartbeat. It’s safe and say I still haven’t found a way out, and I doubt I ever will.”

“Stewart, I swear I’ll make you watch Jason Statham movies on replay for the rest of your life if you drag my ass out here without a very good reason.”

My Review:

Having not read the previous books in the series, I initially struggled to piece the story together as the majority of the book consisted of the characters in intense conversation and ongoing arguments about previous events, with multiple others mentioned. Eventually the complicated plot all made sense but it would have been wise and more enjoyable for me to have read the previous books first, which is something I hope to do. After I finished the book, I actually went back and reread the first chapters with found I enjoyed them much more with the added comprehension. This is my first time reading Ms. Reed and have respect for her skill. She kept the story well-paced, taut with tension and suspense as well as glimmers of humor, and her steamy love scenes sizzled.
Profile Image for Tammy.
651 reviews43 followers
December 13, 2015
I loved the ending to Jett and Brookes story. Jett will do anything to protect the people he cares about and that means he will do anything to protect Brooke and their baby - even kill if necessary.

I'm glad they got their happy ever after and that they got the family that they both deserve.
Profile Image for Sandy S.
6,194 reviews152 followers
November 29, 2015

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date November 25, 2015

LOVE…sometimes it’s good. Sometimes it’s bad. And sometimes it’s dangerous.

••••

REVIEW: 3.75 stars---THE LOVER’S SURRENDER is the fourth installment in J.C. Reed’s contemporary, adult NO EXCEPTIONS erotic, romantic suspense series focusing on billionaire Jett Mayfield, and Brooke Stewart. The NO EXCEPTIONS series is a spin off from JC’s SURRENDER YOUR LOVE series featuring the same leading couple. THE LOVER’S SURRENDER should not be read as a stand alone as the storyline is the culmination of events leading up to the present timeline. You do not have to have read the first series to understand the events of NO EXCEPTIONS although some of the background information is important to understand the mindset of the players.

Told from dual first person perspectives (Jett and Brooke) THE LOVER’S SURRENDER is Jett and Brooke’s continuing (and final ?) story wherein our couple are at odds with Jett’s need to keep secret what it is he is doing to protect the woman that he loves. Several mysterious letters with thinly veiled threats, two dead girls with close connections to Brooke and Jett, and the potential for Jett’s psychotic brother Nate to continue his attempts to destroy Jett and Brooke’s lives have resulted in an uneasy truce between our leading couple. Brooke has issues of trust, and Jett is making it difficult for Brooke to accept that he is telling her the truth when everything circles back to the problems from the past, and Jett’s need to protect Brooke from everything that he is and was. Their back and forth, yin and yang, does he or doesn’t he relationship is dizzying. Jett is an over protective, passionate, alpha male who has fallen for the woman who could break his heart.

THE LOVER’S SURRENDER is the conclusion to Jett and Brooke’s story that focused on family and friendship, romance and love, betrayal and revenge that all began with Brooke’s inheritance of the Lucazzone Estate (in Italy) from Alessandro Lucazzone in JC’s SURRENDER YOUR LOVE series. Although only one year has passed from the original series to the present day, our couple have had to weather many conflicts, insecurities, and threats against their relationship and one another. The sexual relationship between Jett and Brooke continues to be sensual and provocative, with a little bit of kinky play on the side. Our leading couple like to play games both in and out of the bedroom.

If I had one issue with the storyline it would be the anti-climactic and quick resolution to the external conflict(s). The epilogue advances the series approximately fifteen months where we get a quick glimpse at their growing family, and revelation into the guilty parties.

THE LOVER’S SURRENDER is the end of a journey (I believe) for fans of Jett Mayfield and Brooke Stewart. The premise is intriguing and tense; the characters are memorable and charismatic; the romance leads to a happily ever after. JC Reed has a passion for writing alpha males who love too hard.

Copy supplied by the author.

www.thereadingcafe.com
Profile Image for Shanoff Reads.
431 reviews22 followers
December 24, 2015
**I received an ARC for an honest review.**

I have read Brooke and Jett's story from the beginning and what a story it has been. Their story is filled with so much mystery, suspense, love, sexy time, heartache and so much more. The twists and turns in this series kept me hooked and waiting for more.

The Lover's Surrender is the final book in Jett and Brooke's story and it is a MUST read to get that closure for this couple. I love that things starting to go their way after some much needed perspective on both their parts. The first three books in this series are filled with frustration with both characters because of their secretive and stubborn ways, but this fourth book really sets things in place. I liked that they finally decided to be open and honest with each other. Brooke finally realized that she did in fact trust Jett blindly and Jett needed her trust.

This book is a little more tame compared to the rest of the series, but it really needed to be considering Brooke and her condition. I really enjoyed the added Jett POV in this final book. I love getting inside a male POV and his helped to connect with him after everything that has happened in the first three books.

If you want a great series that follows characters until the truly get their HEA, then I recommend the Surrender Your Love series as a starting point and continuing with the No Exceptions series. You won't be disappointed.
424 reviews2 followers
December 10, 2015
The lovers surrender (book 4 in the no exceptions series)
J c reed

Review in goodread Amazon and the book addicts (fb)

I received an ARC of this book and I was so happy and by happy I mean I may have jumped up and down and did a lil dance !!
I was so excited to see how Jett and Brooke's story was going to end.
This series was exceptional. There where twists and turns and lot of action, sex and romance, drama and everything in between. I just loved it. A rich sexy man, cars, a gang, hackers , a fun best friend, and lots of drama later I can't believe it's over. I'm not ready for it to be over. I think a spin off about Sylvie and Kenny would be exceptional. Lol.

Surrender your love
Conquer your love
Treasure your love

The lovers secret
The lovers game
The lovers promise
The lovers surrender
Profile Image for Hooker Heels Book Blog.
389 reviews44 followers
December 13, 2015
When I finished this book, I had to immediately email the author and thank her for giving me such amazing characters and taking them on such a romantic, thrilling and emotional journey. I am so happy that they were finally able to get their HEA. I have been invested in this couple from the very first book and after a story filled with love, lies, deceit and betrayal, the author definitely did them justice with their final book. To be honest, I am also a little sad to see them go. After becoming so attached to Jett and Brooke from the very first release day and I kind of feel like I am losing a dear friend. Silly, I know, but while I have read about so many great characters throughout the years, these two are definitely a pair that will stick with me.
Profile Image for Emily.
4,845 reviews516 followers
November 25, 2015
Jett Mayfield will do everything to protect the love of his life, Brooke Stewart, even if she is keeping him at a distance. With a threat that could take away everything including Brooke, Jett has to explain a few misconceptions Brooke has had and together they have to trust one another to move forward. With a storm brewing they need to lean on one another to survive.

Action packed story that doesn't let up until the very end. Loved Jett, he is intense and pure alpha male. I was so entranced with this couple,you want them to work and are fully invested in what happens between them. Excellent read.
Profile Image for Jennifer.
488 reviews1 follower
December 9, 2015
Sooo. When I started I had no idea the author's other series was a before this series. Wish it was written on the first book. But even without reading the other series it wasn't too confusing, especially as the books went on.
714 reviews15 followers
December 1, 2015
I'm happy we finally got the 4th book!
Profile Image for Nene.
1,486 reviews16 followers
December 26, 2015
Great Read

Finally Jett and Brooke story is here after waiting so long. Both Nate and Danny got what they deserved. Sorry to see this story end.
Profile Image for Jessi.
228 reviews1 follower
March 11, 2018
What a ride

With everything that Jett and Brooke had been through, you wouldn't expect the wild end of the ride you experience. You think you know the way the story is going but then it unexpectedly changes.
286 reviews1 follower
March 20, 2019
The end of their story

It has been seven books to have this couples whole story. Don't miss any or you may get lost as to what is going on. I enjoyed Brooke and Jet getting their HEA finally.
August 19, 2021
So unbelievable. I hate when books have characters that don't prioritize properly. You're being framed for murder? Yes, get upset that your boyfriend called you 'girl' instead of woman. The climax of this book was so flat. Just so underwhelmed.
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
130 reviews2 followers
July 6, 2018
The end of their story

It has been seven books to have this couples whole story. Don't miss any or you
may get lost as to what is going on. I enjoyed Brooke and Jet getting their HEA
finally.
Profile Image for KFForever.
1,053 reviews33 followers
November 27, 2015
kindlefriendsforever.wordpress.com

Reviewed by Sharon Thérèse Nuttall

4.5 Stars

What a finale to an absolutely marvellous series. Saying that, the author's storytelling technique had a way of making this reader suffer to the point of thinking about doing the unheard of; throwing her Kindle against the wall! An intriguing plot full of suspense and twist and turns had me sitting on the edge and is exactly my cup of tea. In essence, the author has outdone herself brilliantly regarding the flow between the books. How did she do it? Snippets from the past were cannily added to the storyline helping us remember details which one could have forgotten. Up until now, the leading man's modus operandi had me asking a lot of questions. I needed answers to the whys and wherefores of his acts and even though I had suspected that he had something up his sleeve in the last book, I wasn't going to find out what it was at the drop of a hat. Oh boy, does Jett Mayfield come back in full force!

Firstly, The Lover's Promise was told from Brooke Stewart's point of view and I must say made me eager to find out why Jett left the love of his life with such a weak excuse because neither Brook nor I had any idea. Regardless of him annoying the pants off me, discovering what really made him tick was an absolute joy. Now he's given the chance to tell his side of the story which I liked immensely. I'd been on Brookes' team throughout; however, in this book my connection with Jett was just a matter of on what line should I sign and can't wait for you to deliver Jett! I had no doubt whatsoever that he would get his act together. Well-knowing Brooke was in danger would mean he'd have to fight with an open heart and for once in his life, be honest. Secretive by nature, how he's going to delegate the goings on in his personal life became a real dilemma. Always controlling, now he has to have faith in the loyalty and expertise of a friend, and for me, made him bigger than life. Past mistakes weigh heavily, time is running out, and the odds of him bringing down his and Brooke's enemy is complicated. Complicated being the optimum word.

Jett ~ “It is still my responsibility to protect you, whether you want it or not.”

Brooke has a habit of shying away from problems as we all know from the previous book. But that doesn't mean that she's not prepared to look for solutions to move on without Jett in her life. When she discovers her friend meets with the worst, her coping mechanism kicks in and we see a stronger Brooke.

Kenny ~ “She's a lot stronger than you give her credit for bro.”

I thought she was very brave in parts of the story and was convinced that her reasons for being so generously forgiving was nothing less than true love. And Jett knows this. By giving more of himself, there's a chance they can build a future together. Tender, compassionate moments touched my heart making a tear or two fall. Does he deserve her after everything they'd been through you?You'll only find out by reading their story.

Jett ~ “But I'm not that same man anymore, Brooke. The player in me is gone. For what's it's worth, meeting you changed me. You made me a better man.”

Whether the secondary characters are the goodies or the baddies, they are all well-developed. I couldn't help but like Brooke's bestie who had her back at all times, and is honest about her feeling towards Jett. I love a read when the protagonists' opinions are told from both sides, too. Banter is of utmost importance and this last book abounds with brilliant one-liners and overflows with emotion. Watching them, because I did feel like I was, strive to find their happy medium was an unforgettable journey of hope and everything one would expect in a story of this calibre. This series hasn't been an easy ride for the reader, either. Left on tenterhooks in The Lover's Promise, there are more nail-biting moments of tension than in this last instalment. Bedroom scenes explicitly illustrated which I considered a plus, were scorching hot and an extremely satisfying epilogue leaves me with no option but to say bravo to you Ms Reed.

description
Profile Image for Kim.
2,431 reviews149 followers
November 22, 2015

Finally it is time for the final chapters with Jett Mayfield and Brooke Stewart who have mesmerized, confused, and frustrated me for two series while also making me fall in love with them. They are a complicated couple with diverse personalities and backgrounds. They have had internal battles as well as external ones. And this story brings it all back full circle and ties up all of those loose ends and answers our questions.

Jett has been so secretive and mysterious that it was easy to jump to conclusions and not trust him. He is protective, possessive, jealous, intense, and almost larger than life. But he does what he thinks is best no matter what the cost or consequences. Brooke is by nature an untrusting and cautious person and has significant fears and insecurities. She is also a runner and tends to take off rather than face a painful situation. And Jett alternately has a tendency to get his feelings hurt when she won't believe in him or trust him. He is not used to being challenged and cannot understand why she can't just believe in him. They are both stubborn, reactive, and defensive. Their communication skills have been lacking. So these two have had some significant ups and downs.

Thankfully in this one we get to see more into Jett's head and understand his thought processes and the motivations behind his secrets. I was glad to be able to let my Team Jett flag fly proudly again. I always wanted to believe in him, but like Brooke there were times that evidence seemed stacked against him and it was hard to hang in there during some of his choices. And we also are privy to Brooke's thoughts and feelings and even get into the mind of another significant character.

This installment is still full of their personal issues of secrets, trust issues, and fears, as well as external danger and suspense. They are fighting enemies without clearly knowing who or why they are out to get them. There are hidden agendas, plots, and set ups. There are pieces to the larger puzzle and they are trying to figure out how they all fit together. But Jett is protective by nature and sometimes in trying to protect her, he inadvertently scares her more or causes more trust issues. And Brooke is also caring and protective. And in their attempts to look out for each other, sometimes they create more problems.

They are now in a place where they will have to communicate, dig in, trust and believe...or let each other go for good. If they want to move on together they have no choice but to lay it all out there, surrender to each other's trust and love, and fight together for their future. And they have to deal with those out to get them, unravel the mystery, and keep themselves and those they care about safe. They are surrounded by danger, and people out for revenge, retribution, and personal gain. But they also have their friends...some that have stood by them and have tried to alternately support them or talk sense into them...or at times even added to the drama. Their lives are complicated in many ways, but at the core of it is their intense connection.

There is also hope, love, and passion. Jett and Brooke have been through so much together. Their relationship has been turbulent at best, but their connection, chemistry, and feelings are strong. This is the final stages of their journey to fixing their issues, believing in their love, and forging a path into their future. But the path with these two is never easy or without challenges. Full disclosure and answers have been a long time coming. But I enjoyed going the distance with them and am pleased with how this wrapped everything up. It as a thought provoking, suspenseful, sexy, romantic, and emotional ending to their complex love story.

ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Smut Fanatics.
423 reviews52 followers
November 25, 2015
Click here to read my entire review!

description

What I Loved: I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this book, I’ve been on the edge of my seat my waiting to see what was next for Brooke and Jett. The minute I started reading I couldn’t put it down, I needed to find out how all of this was going end.

The story begins with a bit of a rewind building up the intensity and laying out the plot so you get a nice overview of what has happened so far. I liked that the point of views changed in the beginning because it really built the suspense of what was to come.

I think the best part of this book is that finally Brooke and Jett seem to be on the same page after everything that has happened to them! There has been so many secrets and lies coming from both Brooke and Jett so it was so wonderful for it all to be laid out there making it possible for them to come together as a team. The powerful emotions they both feel for each other comes to life once again in this book and that certainly left a big smile on my face at times.

Not So Much: I think my biggest complaint is that the story kind of moved a little slow for me. I felt like the majority of the book took place in a matter of a day and in one location. I know a lot happens in a day but it was drawn out a bit too much for making the plot shallow at times. Also I felt like there was a lot of unanswered questions going into this book and while a lot of them got unanswered there were things that should’ve been addressed that weren’t. I felt like the end was a little rushed and anticlimactic for the sake of delivering a happy ending while there could’ve been more detail added in.
Profile Image for Tina Lee Harris.
516 reviews8 followers
December 29, 2015
4 stars

This is the conclusion of Brooke and Jett’s story and man what a story it has been from book 1 until the end. This will wrap up all the loose ends. It will have you understanding at what lengths Brooke and Jett, both individually, will do for the love.

Brooke has questions. She knows what she sees but not everything is black and white. When the truth is told, can she believe Jett or is he playing her? Brooke knows her love for Jett is beyond control but does he truly feel the same way about her?

Jett would do anything for Brooke. She is it for him. But when keeping the truth from her for her own good maybe the worse thing Jett could do their relationship. He has his own reasons for being secretive but Brooke feels that trust and truth should be in any relationship.

As they try to piece together their life and move forward, there are issues from the past that are wrecking havoc on them. All the unknowns are causing Brooke to show Jett that she can handle the truth no matter what. But he still wants to protect her no matter what.

But in the end, Jett is able to show Brooke exactly what she means to him in his own way. Brooke puts up a good fight but without a doubt she is powerless to the charms and desires that Jett brings out in her. She is unable to deny Jett anything. She wants to be with him forever. Jett knows that she is it for him too. Will their love be able to survive, murder, lies and the truth?

This whole series has been a journey. I recommend starting from book 1 and following Brooke and Jett to the end. There is no doubt that you will fall in love with them as much as I did. Kudos to Author JC Reed and I am looking forward to more from her.
Profile Image for Badass Bloggettes.
739 reviews42 followers
November 26, 2015
This is the last chapters of Jett Mayfield and Brooke Stewart.

This book brings this amazing story back around and makes sense of all the loose ends.

Not without their fair share of issues Jett and Brooke deal with so much but you do feel that they are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

I was pleased while reading to be able to understand Jett more, the way he thinks things through and acts the way he does, and it was quite an eye opener. Don’t get me wrong, there were times where I could literally throttle Jett for what he did and acted at times as well but you just had to take a step back and see the man and why he did what he did and it made it a bit easier for me and to still love him.

At first I did get frustrated with Brooke but the more I read about her, the more I understood her and wanted to take her and hold her and tell her things would be ok. She is such a great character in these stories.

In this book though, you will still see them both dealing with their personal issues, trust issues. Jett is protective as ever and this book is not without more suspense. The good thing is though that the parts we have all been trying to figure out before are being answered in this book.

Nothing is always black and white and no matter how hard they try, sometimes they can’t help but make more issues and problems for themselves. It is how they get out of these problems and deal with issues and get on an even keel that is the great thing about the book and these characters.

You will see these two grow, learn, love and you will love it all, every single chapter.
Profile Image for Angela Cruz.
233 reviews7 followers
December 4, 2015
This is a contemporary romance with a touch of suspense. This is the fourth book in the No Exceptions series, but could be read as a stand alone. I read this book only, and even though I wanted more information about the couple I wasn't lost in the story. Even though the book was exciting... it for some reason didn't hold my attention for very long. I guess the indecisiveness of Brooke, it got on my nerves after a while. Yes I know she was full of skepticism but when is it enough, maybe after they are engaged? Nope not for Brooke. But in the end their love no matter how crazy it was, made them perfect for each other.

This is Brooke Stewart's story, she is not one for games. She demands the truth no matter what. But Jett Mayfield has his reasons for his secretive ways. He is determined to protect what is his, and he plans on Brooke being his everything, if he admits it she is already his everything. Murders happen and Brooke is caught up in the chaos, which makes Jett all the more protective. Can Jett keep Brooke safe, yes he will, no matter what cost.

Favorite passages:
"November had a tendency to be unpredictable-like my life."
"Dark circles dominated his face, overpowering the sky blue color of his eyes."
"As if she was part of my breath."
"My hands wiped across my face, as if the motion could get rid of the bitter mark in my soul."
"My sin felt hot, but inside, a cluster of ice-cold cramps seized my stomach."
"His kiss, like lave, burned though my very soul."
"A good old glass of wine had probably saved me from the lion's jaw."
"The day I feel in love with you, I got lost in the rhythm of your heartbeat."
Profile Image for Pratr- Authors.
442 reviews10 followers
November 30, 2015
Lover’s Surrender is an instalment in a series.
Jett has been dating Brooke for a few months and wants to be with her forever but he has a past that seems to be trying its best to put a void between them. When Brooke sees him kissing and ex-girlfriend she breaks it off but Jett isn’t the type of man to let the woman he loves go easily. With enemies trying to frame Jett for a crime he didn’t commit, a brother who has a vendetta and a difficult pregnancy the path to happiness is difficult but will they be able to overcome everything to be together.
This is the conclusion to a series and even though I have not read the previous book I was quickly wrapped up in the plot. It is well written, the characters are very likeable and the plot moves quickly. Brooke is having a difficult pregnancy, thinks her boyfriend has cheated on her, has debts that she needs to pay and is still recovering from being kidnapped. Jett is a true rock everything he does is to protect Brooke she is his everything. He will stop at nothing to protect his girlfriend, his baby and his future.
This is a fantastically passionate romance with intrigue and suspense all of the way through. Brooke and Jett could overcome anything because they are true soul mates. This is a great book that I cannot wait to recommend and I would advise looking out for more from this author I know I will be.

Independent Reviewer for Paranormal Romance and Authors that Rock.
Profile Image for Megan Crisp.
661 reviews9 followers
Jett's pov? No...

I'm so sad :( sigh, I thought I'd get more of Jett's pov but nope... Don't get me wrong, I love love love this series, and loved this book, however I thought we'd hear more from Jett, we don't, however I love the conclusion, but... There is a big butt here, I didn't like the fact that throughout all the books Brooke has been such a strong woman, yet here she seems very weak... Their in the midst of the fight because of what happens at the hotel, and for good reason she walked away, well the way it's written out she leaves gets a job... Now mind you this seems like it takes a while, however it does not, apparently she leaves him, gets a job, makes friends.. All in three days time before she goes back to him and gets engaged.. All in a 3 day time span.. That's the only problem I had with it, did I want Jett and Brooke back together? Heck yea I did, he's amazing and she's "strong" <--- I emphasize strong because in this installment she was very weak... I just would like to have seen him have to grovel more, maybe put more time between their split and their getting back together, then we don't see the wedding, we don't see the birth :( I feel the ending/epilogue was rushed.. It could have had more.. But does that take away from the story? Not at all, this is all my pov... Happy reading :)
Profile Image for Helena Bookhooked .
449 reviews54 followers
November 24, 2015
This is the conclusion to the No Exceptions series and to Brooke and Jett’s story.

This book really gives it all, the conclusion to the epic journey that we started with Brooke and Jett seven books ago. The story is very concise and we do get all the answers that we as readers have been looking for to all the questions raised over the course of this book.

Jett is still the crazy caveman that Brooke cannot resist to love despite the evidence mounting against him for events that have taken place throughout the series and I loved how J.C put the relationship aspect to bed so to speak early on in the book so we could fall in love with them as a couple again and really get into them both trying to get to the bottom of all the mystery that has been brewing throughout this series.

The book was a great read and read well and a good pace. J.C didn't leave a stone unturned in the storyline and plot and I was satisfied with the outcome.

This book is a great marriage of sexy and a good ‘ole who dunnit’ with some brilliant sexy bits.
Profile Image for Cara Nicole.
717 reviews14 followers
November 26, 2015
A heart-pounding and satisfying conclusion!

It has been awhile since we have last seen Brooke and Jett, but J.C. Reed has done a fantastic job of bringing your memory back to where it needs to be. In The Lover's Surrender, the theme seems to be secrets, and how they can tear people apart, but will Brooke and Jett ever claw their way out of the mess they find themselves in and triumph together? The passion these two ignite feels like two trains colliding, it's fast and powerful.
Your questions will all be answered, and for me at least, they left me with a grin so big my cheeks hurt. This is a fantastic series you don't want to miss. I wish that I could start fresh at the beginning so I have these feelings again for the first time, but I will settle for knowing another person will get them!
Profile Image for The Book Fairy Reviews.
2,150 reviews40 followers
November 28, 2015
Love, yeah that is Jett and Brooke story. A Story filled with danger, lies, death and betrayal. Jett held back a lot though out their journey and lied to Brooke several times, but all is revealed in this the beautiful conclusion to their adventure.
Can Brooke put aside all of the past? Will Jett be the man he claims to be?
OMG How to review a book filled with so much that is just more than this book? I mean if you have read the whole of what Brooke and Jett have had to overcome in their tumultuous relationship you will be chomping at the bit to read this amazing ending...or beginning to their lives.
Jett ever protective and playful. Brooke ever the stubborn one questioning everything. Both are passionate and loving and perfect for the other! I kind of regretted getting to the end of this book and as I read the final words I knew that Jett and Brooke would always be my Treasures!
Profile Image for Heather.
1,092 reviews2 followers
November 29, 2015
I was so happy to finally get to read the way Jett and Brooke's story plays out. I've been invested in this couple since book one. I was so happy when JC Reed decided to give Brooke and Jett more story by writing the No Exceptions series. I was not at all disappointed. I think I could read about the couple indefinitely. All of my questions were finally answered in this last installment. The beginning of the book was a nice refresher to remind me of what all had happened in the past book. After you're all caught up the story continues. I was glad to see Brooke and Jett together throughout this book, they were separated and fighting in the previous ones. They're a fun couple who bring out the best in each other. I'm glad they finally figured out who was messing with them and got the issue resolved. They were able to move on and live their happily ever after!!
Profile Image for Ana Rosa.
72 reviews
June 15, 2016
Suspenseful yet romantic and thrilling

I've read the whole series. Brooke comes from a very traumatic background. She has very strong trust issues. Jett handsome bad boy grew up on the streets but he changed his lifestyle to become one of the youngest multimillionaire dealing with real estate. He wants something Brooke has the Lucazzone estate that she is the sole heir to. Now there are plenty of misunderstanding between these two their chemistry is out of this world. Love conquers all. Their passion for each other is like they are meant to be together regardless of all the carp that's around them. He wants to protect her from every thing. Brooke is stubborn but very proud. I would have to say that I got angry and sad and felt hopeful that they would be together forever.
Great story.
Profile Image for Lora.
1,322 reviews8 followers
November 25, 2015
I still cant stand Brooke. I would have liked this series so much more if it wasn't for her immature, selfish nature. She did slightly grow on me in this book...but I mean MINIMAL!!!....What still plagues me is...she knew she was pregnant...she knew she was drugged...but never once did she go to the hospital. As soon as Jett found out, he dragged her to the hospital to make sure her and the baby were ok. I mean....WTF was with that. I am just so baffled on what type of character the author was trying to make her. I dunno, Jett is a good man because my ass would have left Brooke probably 3 books ago.
Profile Image for Catherine Coffman.
722 reviews6 followers
December 1, 2015
This is the final book in the Jett and Brooke love story. Warning you need to read the first three in this series to understand the last book. Can Jett and Brooke's love withstand all the lies, murder and cheating? Brooke is stubborn and strong willed. Jett is determined to get Brooke back and let's not forgot hot and rich. The story has everything anyone would want in a love story; love, mystery and a hot male alpha. All your questions are answered in this final book. I do hope the author will give us more on Kenny , Sylvie and Brain. J. C. Reed does not disappoint again in this series a must read. Review on behalf of Once Upon An Alpha.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 87 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.