Start by marking “Te doy mi corazón” as Want to Read:
Te doy mi corazón

Te doy mi corazón (Bridgertons #3)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  31,748 Ratings  ·  1,726 Reviews
"Como en el cuento de Cenicienta, Sophie ve una noche cumplirse su sueño. A espaldas de su madrastra, se viste como una reina y acude al baile de disfraces más importante de Londres. Lo que es más, consigue captar la atención de Benedict Bridgerton, el soltero más atractivo y encantador de la reunión. Sin embargo, pronto vuelve a enfrentarse a su cruda realidad, la de una ...more
Published February 22nd 2015 by Titania (first published July 1st 2001)

Katerina
Hi, my name is Katerina and I am addicted to Bridgertons.

I've been dreaming of balls, banquets and gowns since I was a little girl, historical romance is my sanctuary from the small and big disappointments of daily life (i.e. work - read - sleep - repeat), and during 2018 I've written more 3star reviews than my entire life.
I would appreciate some help.

Thank you.
“In her heart she longed for this man, dreamed of a life that could never be.”

Now, before I start rambling on the wonderful moments
Erika
Phrynne
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4000-books
I am loving this series and this is my favourite so far! Sophie and Benedict are such charming characters and I loved the banter between the two of them.
The story is a retelling of Cinderella, right down to the wicked step mother, the sisters (not ugly although one has an ugly nature!) and having to leave the ball on the stroke of midnight. I enjoyed every minute of it especially when Araminta gets her just desserts.
The Bridgertons are such a wonderful family it is fun whenever they appear. I am
Eastofoz
Sep 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Regency romance lovers / Tammy
Excellent! Excellent! Excellent! This is a fantastic read! Quinn’s best so far for me. She has an amazing way to draw you into the story from the first few pages and you’re smiling from the get-go right up to the end :) She even manages to take you on a sudden heart-breaking emotional roller coaster ride that really gives you the chills and makes you want to cry for the h/h as a couple. This contrasts so well with the rest of the light-hearted story making the situation all the more poignant.

Th
Shawna
5+ stars – Historical/Regency Romance

An Offer From a Gentleman might be a Cinderella-like story, but it’s much more than just a fairytale remake. For me, this is the epitome of everything I love about romance and happily ever after.

There’s a charming, yet flawed hero, a sweet heroine with profound inner strength and resolve who overcomes all odds, powerful emotional conflict, realistic drama, lush sensuality, intense passion, and witty humor. Benedict and Sophie and the supporting cast are all
Alba M.
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
«Puedo vivir con tu odio - dijo a la puerta cerrada - pero no puedo vivir sin ti».

«Hay muchos motivos para amarte - le dijo, marcando cada palabra con esmerada precisión. - Pero una de las cosas que más me gustan - continuó - es que te conoces. Sabes quién eres y lo que vales. Tienes principios, Sophie, y te atienes a ellos. - Se llevó una mano a los labios para besarla -. Eso es muy excepcional.»

Por un lado tenemos a Benedict, otro de los hermanos Bridgerton, otro más de los solteros más co
KatieV
Dec 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Solid 4 stars. My favorite of the series (from what I've read).

Again, I listened to the excellent narration by Rosalyn Landor. No complaints there.

**** SPOILERS ****

This was definitely a Cinderella story. A nod is even given to the slippers Sophie wore to the ball, but with a twist. There was enough angst here to take the story out of Disney territory and into the realm of an adult fairy tale.

Sophie was the unacknowledged daughter of an Earl. The product of his dalliance with a house maid who di
Zain Otoom
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was adorable, sweet and, specifically the first hundred pages, enchanting.
Milica's Bookshelf
Još jedna prelepa priča inspirisana bajkom o Pepeljugi. Da, neke situacije u knjizi su blesave i nerealne, ali snaga priče, likovi i emotivna povezanost zasenjuje primedbe koje imam u vezi realnosti. Bila sam jako srećna dok sam bila izgubljena u romansi između Benedicta Bridgertona i Sophie Beckett.

"Mislio je da će je prestati tražiti. Benedict je bio praktičan čovjek, i pretpostavljao je da će jednog dana jednostavno odustati. Na neki način i jest. Nakon nekoliko mjeseci je ponovno počeo više
♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness
Whenever reading a Julia Quinn novel, it's always an all nighter for me! Forget the family, forget dinner? The only thing that would get my eyes unglued from the pages, would be a life and death emergency.

An Offer from a Gentleman has characters that are full of spunk and fire. This was the perfect Cinderella story that is tried and true. Except in this Cinderella story she is able to keep her wits about herself and remain practical except when both our hero and Cinderella come in contact with
Erika
Dec 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fairy tale romance readers
Stepback cover

"I can live with you hating me," he said to the closed door. "I just can't live without you"

The Duke and I gave us a sweet romance, The Viscount Who Loved Me gave us a hilarious one, and An Offer From a Gentleman gave us a magical one.

This third book of the series is about love at the first sight that strike you like a thunderbolt and haunt you for the rest of your life. It happens to Benedict Bridgerton when he sees the beauty in silver gown with radiant smile at the Bridgerton'
Marilena   ⚓
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
Τι γλυκό,η ιστορία του Μπένεκτιτ ήταν μέχρι στιγμής η πιο όμορφη!
Ελπίζω στο επόμενο να μάθουμε την ταυτότητα της λαίδης Γουισλντάουν,αν και κάτι υποψιάζομαι ;)
Rane
On one faithful night Benedict Bridgerton fell in love with a masked woman in silver at no less then at a masquerade ball. She took his breathe away, and stole his heart when the clock stuck midnight and she ran away never to been seen again by him. Even with two years passing he somehow always held out hope he could find her again and feel that strong emotion she ignited in him that night, but when she comes across a helpless maid in need of help, he can’t help but feel he knows her from somew ...more
[Aengell]
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This is magic in it's true form, and it's the main reason why people read.

I know that many of my friends here on Goodreads don't like stories where the hero and heroine fall in love at first sight, but when I read a story like this one, I can say exactly why I love this theme.

It just has to be done in the most realistic way, and only very few authors capture a realistic angle. But Julia Quinn? Wow.
Not only do I believe the love at first sight between Sophie and Benedict from Moment Nr. 1 on,
Cata
Jun 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Quem me conhece sabe que odeio a história da Cinderela. A menina pobre que vai ao baile, conhece o príncipe, apaixonam-se à primeira vista e ficam juntos por causa de um sapato [um mísero sapato!] não me convence minimamente!

Mas o que é que a Cinderela tem a ver com este livro? Tudo! Amor e Enganos é muito semelhante à história da Cinderela... só que infinitamente melhor! Só Julia Quinn teve a capacidade de pegar em algo que odeio com cada fibra do meu ser e transformá-la em algo que eu amo.

Há a
Catarina
4,5 Gentle Stars

Benedict (yes, the second brother.) meets a mysterious girl at a masquerade party. They fell in love in one night. Only for her to disappear at midnight to never be heard again.
He looks for her, but he doesn’t find her again and somehow she took his heart with her.

description

Two years later a sassy maid make Benedict heart beat again. Along with an unusual friendship they also fall in love. But not only they are from different social circles (and that was apparently a huge thing in the r
Beatriz
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites

Senhoras e Senhores, leitores dessa humilde resenha, que fique registrado para conhecimento universal as seguintes constatações: 1º É ASSIM QUE UM ROMANCE DE ÉPOCA DEVE SER ESCRITO e 2º JULIA QUINN É RAINHA UNIVERSAL DESSE GÊNERO.
Se por algum motivo desconhecido, você ainda não leu "O Duque e Eu" ou "O Visconde que Me Amava", espero poder te convencer no decorrer desse texto a ler uma das melhores séries de romance que o universo já viu (nota-se que eu não irei me
Nadine Jones
I like Julia Quinn, I really do, but this was not her finest moment. Looking back on "Bridgertons" #1 & #2, maybe this just is not her finest series. This book was so ... blah. And the hero was such an ASS. On the plus side, it was nice that the heroine was not from conventional society, she is the bastard daughter of an earl, raised as his ward until his death, at which point she is Cinderella to the evil stepmother and two step-sisters. (She even secretly goes to a ball, meets the hero, an ...more
Ally
Not the Quinn I expected

Setting / Time / Genre: Regency England

Length: 421 pages.

Series: You bet. And I plan on reading every single one.

Sexy times: A couple. Normal Quinn stuff, nothing earth shattering or anything that should scare you off.

Plan on reading more by the author: Yeppers.

Synopsis in one sentence or slightly more: Heroine is a bastard, there I said it. She's spent the better part of her adult life slaving to her evil step monster and at least one evil step sinister. The other st
Tammy
Sep 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An Offer From a Gentleman definitely takes its inspiration from Cinderella, but it is still a sweet story with lovable characters written in JQ's own witty style.

Sophie is sweet and spunky. Benedict is a hopeless romantic. Together they make a very charming couple. I loved that Benedict spent three years searching for Sophie after their initial meeting at the masquerade ball.

The confrontation between Benedict's mother, Violet Bridgerton, and Araminta (Sophie's wicked step-mother) when Violet c
Floripiquita
Que la historia beba tanto del cuento de la Cenicienta me echó bastante para atrás.
Jasmin
Aug 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants to experience a flutter in her chest
UTTERLY ROMANTIC. An Offer from a Gentleman is a fairy tale retelling, but what makes it better than a fairy tale is that this fairy tale may have or can come true.

Once upon a time, there lived a girl named Sophie Becket, who is our Cinderella. She’s a bastard child by the earl of Penwood. She is neither recognized nor thrown out, but is known as the earl’s ward. But everyone can see that she’s a bastard, her eyes, hair and everything about her tells it out aloud, but nobody points that fact out
Grecia Robles
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

Este libro me encantó. aaay la verdad lo amé. ❤💙❤💙

No es tan divertido como los otros anteriores, sino es más conmovedor, tierno y romántico aquí suspiré de amor. La historia es un cuento de Hadas clásico de la cenicienta, tenía todos los elementos y fueron muy bien llevados y adaptados al romance histórico.

A mí más que los personajes fue la historia la que me enamoró. La protagonista me conmovió con su pasado, su soledad y con la crueldad con la que fue tratada por su madrastra que fu
Ashley
It's becoming quite the habit that I start one of these books before bed and then stay up to ungodly hours finishing it, because I have no self control. But I just wasn't tired! And I wanted to see what happened! (Okay, so I knew what was going to happen, that's the whole point of reading romance novels, but you know what I mean.)

An Offer From a Gentleman is the third of Julia Quinn's Bridgerton books, and it's basically a re-telling of Cinderella* (with some variations, of course). Sophie Becke
Nat O
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 WONDERFULLY WHIMSICAL STARS!!!

I simply adored this Cinderella-inspired historical filled with sexy, sweet moments!
It was also quite touching. The heroine Sophie Beckett was such a treat, and her personality and insecurities shined bright in a most endearing way!

At 20-years old…Sophie gave into a dream. One night she stole away to a masquerade ball and met her soul mate, Benedict Bridgerton, London’s most eligible bachelor. But he never knew her identity. As much as the debonair Benedict looke
Maria Bikaki

Well I have noticed that every time I don’t feel very well the idea of reading an historical romance books serves like the best medicine and which better medicine than a Julia quinn’s book? An offer from a gentleman was a quite entertaining read. Definitely not Julia’s best book ever but the book that all the girls with a big romantic heart who believe in fairytales will love it. Based on the classical Cinderella story hopes to touch every romantic girl’s heart. I totally understand that not eve
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
I’ll be quite honest... I didn’t think much of Benedict before this book. Like many of the ton, I saw him as Number Two of the Bridgertons and now, I love him. He wasn’t mentioned often in the previous books, so I was looking forward to Colin’s book much more than Benedict’s.

Going into this book, I already knew that this book followed the Cinderella theme. A poor, young woman is fated with an evil stepmother and two equally annoying step-sisters. She gets one chance to live out her dreams and go
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Feb 17, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves Ever After, Cinderella and other similar fairytales.

My Review – Short and Sweet

Starting out with the delightful feel of the fairytales Ever After and Cinderella, Julia Quinn’s An Offer From A Gentleman quickly takes on a magical life of its own and becomes another ‘feel good’ installment of the Bridgerton series! The charm of Benedict and Sophie along with the chance to revisit the other Bridgertons has made this one my favorite of the series so far.
Exina
Absolutely flawless! It is one of my favorites of the series, also got a place of my all-time favorites shelf!

It is a Cinderella story with charming characters, perfect plot and character delineation, twists and turns, adorable and moving romantic scenes, sweet and funny moments.

Although it is based on a fairy tale, the emotions and relationships are presented in a realistic way.

I love Benedict, he is my favorite Bridgerton! He is persevering, sincere, and very romantic. I love his humor, his st
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • England's Perfect Hero (Lessons in Love, #3)
  • Slightly Wicked (Bedwyn Saga, #2)
  • Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love By Numbers, #2)
  • To Pleasure a Prince (Royal Brotherhood, #2)
  • Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove, #4)
  • The Duke (Knight Miscellany, #1)
  • The Leopard Prince (Princes Trilogy, #2)
#1 New York Times bestselling author Julia Quinn loves to dispel the myth that smart women don't read (or write) romance, and in 2001 she did so in grand style, competing on the the game show The Weakest Link and walking away with the $79,000 jackpot. She displayed a decided lack of knowledge about baseball, country music, and plush toys, but she is proud to say that she aced all things British an ...more
More about Julia Quinn

Bridgertons (8 books)
  • The Duke and I (Bridgertons, #1)
  • The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2)
  • Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgertons, #4)
  • To Sir Phillip, With Love (Bridgertons, #5)
  • When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6)
  • It's in His Kiss (Bridgertons, #7)
  • On the Way to the Wedding (Bridgertons, #8)
“It suddenly made sense. Only twice in his life had he felt this inexplicable, almost mystical attraction to a woman. He’d thought it remarkable, to have found two, when in his heart he’d always believed there was only one perfect woman out there for him.

His heart had been right. There was only one.”
167 likes
“In her heart she longed for this man, dreamed of a life that could never be.” 66 likes