Start by marking “City of Fae (London Fae, #1)” as Want to Read:
City of Fae (London Fae, #1)

City of Fae

(London Fae #1)

From the moment Alina touches London's hottest fae superstar, breaking one of the laws founded to protect all of her kind, her fate – and the fae – close in.

Below ground, the fae High Queen plots to claim the city as her own and places her pawns, ready for the battle to come. A battle she cannot lose, but for one small problem – Alina. There are four ancient keepers power
Published May 7th 2015 by Bloomsbury Spark

To ask other readers questions about City of Fae, please sign up.
Ellie Hello! I'm not quite sure what you're question is asking, so I'm going to try to cover alll bases here.
1) You can't actually read books off of…more
1) You can't actually read books off of Goodreads. You have to get a physical book (from a library or bookstore), or download it to an ebook to read it, because you can only record your progress and such on Goodreads.
2) Well, if you don't know how to actually read, I'm impressed that you got this far in the website! But if this isn't up to your reading level yet, or you have some other reading difficulties, you may want to try an audiobook (again, you would have to go to another source for it).
3) If you're just confused with the layout on Goodreads, and you don't know how to change your status to "currently reading," this is how you do it. On the left hand side of the screen, you will see a green button saying "want to read", on the right side is a picture of three books, click on that, and a drop-down will appear for you to select "currently reading".(less)

✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
❣ A Marital Buddy Read (MBR™) with my delicious bloodshed-loving wife Maria

» And the moral of this reread is: I just survived this Love Quadrangle of Doom-embellished NA tale for the second bloody shrimping time. Sigh. Pippa DaCosta, you truly have thoroughly ruined me forever. I do not like you very much and stuff. But you might want to write a third instalment in this series, just in case. I wouldn't read it, obviously, but some people would. Not me, though. Oh, no absolutely not.

Also: spi
| ARC kindly provided by Bloomsbury Spark via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you a lot! |

description

Sinopsis: Desde el momento en el que Alina toca a la superestrella fae más caliente de Londres, rompiendo una de las leyes fundadas para proteger toda su especie, su destino-y el de las fae-chocan.
Bajo tierra, la Alta Reina de las fae trama reclamar la ciudad como de ella y poner a sus peones listos para la batalla a venir. Una batalla que no puede perder, excepto por un pequeño problema-A
Pippa DaCosta
Feb 25, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
**FLASH SALE** Calling all UK KOBO READERS! City of Fae is 99p for a LIMITED TIME.

Take a dash of fae magic:

Add a drop of gritty London:

Mix with a generous helping of kick-assery:

and toxic love:

Sprinkle with spiders:

Voila, you have City of Fae!

Enjoy!
Anne

This is (yet another) book that I didn't really like all that much, but I think it may just be not my particular taste, and not that the book itself was bad.
I mean, New Adult is an iffy genre for me at the best of times. However, urban fantasy is normally a winner, which is what prompted me to snag this one.
Unfortunately, this just...eh...I wasn't feeling it.

description

The fae have come out of hiding and live among humans, but there rules that must be followed.
If you touch them, they take part of
City of fae
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read to review basis. Thanks to Bloomsbury Publishing Plc (UK & ANZ) and NetGalley.)

“Look, but don’t touch. Touch but don’t feel. Feel, but don’t love.”

Is anyone else confused by the above quote?

I don’t know what it was about this book, but I just didn’t like it.

I didn’t like Alina, and I thought she was just an idiot at times. She’s been told forever not to touch the fae, and she just kept right on doing it, and then
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
Oh my god this book.

description

I was expecting awesome things from this novel. I mean, with that cover!? Of course expectation of awesomeness wouldn't be avoided, That's why I'm so sad. Because what I read was so far from awesome. Let me remind you who my face looked like while reading it.

description

Think about this, the book tells us that FAE'S lives with the human now, And yet, throughout the novel, only 2-3 fae's among humans were introduced. Most of them have 2-3 lines only. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT.

Next, FAE'S ARE
★Moonrise Books
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-favorites
Such a great story! City of Fae drew me in, and kept me hooked till the end! Fascinating characters, a compelling plot, and plenty of twists and turns create a unique adventure. Set in London, the journey begins with humans living alongside the fae, with rules established as to their interactions and contact. On the surface things seem to be working, with both humans and fae living cooperatively... but things aren't always as they seem.

Alina is a likable and intelligent character. When she stum
Lanie (Lanies Book Thoughts)
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Alina has dreams of being a reporter an writing real stories that matter but being fired puts a damped on that. Being fired though doesn't mean you cant follow a trouble-making rock star fae around an get all the dirt on him. In reality, it just gives you more time to focus on the task at hand.

Reign's the bad boy every woman wants. He's a rock star. He's sexy and rich. Most importantly though he's fae. He knows the truth of what's to come. He's public enemy number one.

We always want what we can
Sh3lly
I received a copy of this from Netgalley and Bloomsbury to read and review. The book is due out 7 May 2015 and the version I read is not the final copy.

This is just a short review since I read a version that appears to be still in draft. I think there is a lot of potential if this becomes a series. I enjoyed the world-building. Pippa's fae are not your warm and fuzzy kind. They are dark and don't think much of humans, except to use as food (they absorb human energy - called draiocht - and need i
Meg
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
~ A kind thank you to Bloomsbury Spark for providing me with a copy of City of Fae
in exchange for an honest review, via NetGalley ~

I have been blessed by the book Gods. They have taken it upon themselves to brighten my day and expand my love of intricate worlds and deeply rich characters. Or maybe I should just be thankful that Pippa DaCosta has written such a novel as City of Fae because this one is definitely going to be hard to live up to.

Lets begin with the world. The Fae exist an
Cora Tea Party Princess
DNF at 54%

This just wasn't my cup of tea.

I'm not sure what it was about this, but I just did not get along with it at all.
kariny v
Nineteen year-old Alina has just been fired from her internship as a reporter. On the train station, she meets Sovereign, a rockstar fae who is being chased by the Fae Authority and she helps him get away. She plans to make him her next big story so she can get back to being a reporter. Things only get weirder because spiders seem to follow her and tell her that the queen of the fae has summoned her, but why? With Reign constantly saving her from the weird things happening, Alina starts to fall ...more
Stephanie (Bookfever)
Look, but don't touch.
Touch, but don't feel.
Feel, but never ever love.

I absolutely love books about fae but I haven't read many that I actually thought were that great. So I'm thrilled to say that City of Fae definitely falls into the 'great' category. I really enjoyed it a lot!

The main character, Alina, was so much fun to read about. She had so much spunk and even when she discovered a lot of awful things about her existence, she still managed to be brave and she could kick some serious ass. I
Maria Dimitrova
Buddy read with my dearest spouse. Because we both worship at the feet of Pippa DaCosta.

For those unfamiliar with me I'm a devoted member of the Pippa DaCosta religious cult. So don't expect anything other than fangirling.

I love. love, love this world! I'm not sure I'll ever get enough of Reign and this magical London. Even if I was creeped out by the spider Queen. I mean I woke up the morning before starting this book from a nightmare in which I was a giant spider and there were little spiders
Beth
Feb 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
My first read by Pippa DaCosta and I can tell you it won't be my last.

Alina rescues a fae rockstar from certain death in a train station in London setting in motion an action intense storyline. For some unfathomable reason, Alina is utterly drawn to Reign, the rockstar.

Alina knows she is suppose to stay away from the fae. The fae in this world suck the living, essence, so to speak, out of the humans creating a slave like bond with their victims. Why does she keep taking the risk? She has convin
Crazy4Books
Jul 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: review-books
I wrote a review for this but some how goodreads app managed to delete it. Im so not happy right now so Im going to make this short and sweet. I rate books depending of their genre.

I received City of Shadows from Netgalley without realizing it was a sequel and figured I might as well read this one first to better review the sequel. Not to mention I cant stand not starting at the beginning. Im obsessive when it comes to reading things in order.

I thought the cover was beautiful and the premise se
I think I've become a bit addicted to Pippa DaCosta's writing, I've read her entire back list since discovering her earlier this year and City of Fae was the last so I'm now going to have to start rereading her books while I wait for the next release! What I love about this author is how different each of her series are and she's introduced yet another world with this one.

City of Fae is set in London in a world where humans know about the existence of the fae. The fae arrived here from another d
Melliane
May 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
Mon avis en Français

My English review

As soon as I saw the cover of the novel, I knew I had to read it. I think we can only fall in love with this sublime illustration. But that’s not all because, I admit that I have a soft spot for anything that is related to the faes, then the mixture could only please me. And yet …

Before starting reading it, I had the opportunity to read two very mixed reviews and I confess that it made me a little anxious. However, starting the story myself, I was quickly swe
Abbie
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-to-review
(I received a copy from Netgalley, In exchange for an honest review.)

I can't say I liked any of the characters in this. They were all pretty annoying.

I didn't enjoy this one at all unfortunately. None of the story interested me, some of it was confusing, and it felt like it would never end. It was such a relief when it did!
Lissa
ARC Review

Thank you so much to Bloomsbury Publishing for supplying me with a free ARC of "City of Fae" via NetGallery in exchange for an honest review.

An enchanting urban fantasy, "City of Fae" will ignite your imagination and capture your soul. A badass heroine, an alluring love interest, an enthralling mystery and a fascinating new world within the streets of London - what's not to love about DaCosta's newest novel?

The world building was absolutely fantastic. Set in an alternate reality wher
Jodie Louise
May 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
I've been on quite a roll with fae books this year so when I saw City of Fae I couldn't wait to dive in and get my fix. So I was incredibly disappointed that City of fae just didn't quite work for me.

The fae may be out and living amongst humans but there are rules when it comes to living with the fae. Humans, look but don't touch. Touching one of the fae allows them the steal part of a persons essence and though it's what the fae need to survive after a few touches a human becomes nothing more
Marianne
I'm always on the hunt for new and exciting authors, and with Pippa I've hit the jackpot. Her Veil series was insta-love at first 1-click and it left me hungry for more. So when Pippa announced she'd be starting a new adult UF, It Immediately went to the top of my TBR shelf.

~Fortunately, I was lucky enough to receive a copy ahead of the publication date. A big thanks to the publishers who gifted me with this treat ARC in exchange for an honest review.~

City of Fae is a seductive mix of Celtic
Melanie
Feb 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ry-2015, read-in-2015
4*s
Review posted here...
City of Fae was a unique read to me, set in a different version of London that has been populated by Fae.
In this London, Fae have been revealed to the world and are treat like stars. One such Fae is Sovereign or Reign to his ‘friends’, he is the hottest rock star around and people flock to him so when Alina finds him slumped over on a train platform – her reporting persona sees a story and her way back into her job that she was rec
Runningrabbit
Pippa da Costa has certainly lived up to our expectations with this new novel - let’s hope it morphs into a great new ongoing series. Speaking of morphing - are you an arachnephobe? You might have some problems with this one.
 photo spider_zpsrf9hq71l.gif
Our world now includes a fae population which creates a whole new level to social and political agendas. The two principal characters have strong, well defined personalities which make for good dialogue and a potentially volatile romance. Melding the two together in an ambi
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy.

CITY OF FAE is both a predictable and unpredictable new adult urban fantasy. Predictable, because it uses typical UF tropes-like the girl who is more than she knows and the mysterious, protective, hot love interest. But unpredictable because it takes those tropes and uses them in a completely unexpected way.

Dark and devious, CITY OF FAE features Alina, your typical UF heroine who believes she's normal until she finds out she's not. The best part about
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Pretty good! I expected more heat from a NA though. I hope book 2 delivers that!
Carrie Slager
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
[Full disclosure: I requested and received a free ebook copy through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.]

I’m not really sure what I was expecting when I picked up City of Fae but Pippa DaCosta blew any expectations that existed away.

First we meet Alina, a reporter who has just lost her job. She’s living in the present day but things are very, very different from what we would expect: the fae have come out to the world. In fact, they did this a couple of decades ago and they’re basically
Raven_Blake (dreamy addictions)
Actual Rating:3.5
Same Review Posted Here: Dreamy Addictions

I picked it up only because of the cover and also because the blurb mentioned that it has a hot and sexy rock star fae in it. I like fantasy books containing fae and of course this one stands out with its beautiful cover so obviously there’s no happening of me not reading it.Although it isn’t perfect but it was an entertaining read with a unique plot.

The story takes place on the modern day London where fae gets to live among the humans.
Mandy
Alina knows the rules don’t touch the fae, they may be beautiful but don’t you don’t want to fall under their powers. When she is fired from her job Alina just happens to encounter one of the most famous rockstar Fae in need of help. Hoping to get a story that may just get her job back Alina offers to help him but what she gets is more than she bargained for. The Fae had been banished from Fairy but it wasn’t the nice guys who were sent over but the worst of the worst including an evil spider qu ...more
  • Wish for Me (The Djinn Order, #1)
  • Miss Claus and the Secret Santa (A Shifter Christmas Romance, #1)
  • Thrall
  • Stone Song (Cold Iron, #3)
  • Court of Vampires (The Shifter Prophecy, #1)
  • The Last Descendant (Sanyare Chronicles, #1)
  • Playing Hooky (Paranormal Investigations, #1)
  • Storm in a Teacup (Ayala Storme #1)
  • Wardbreaker (The Lillim Callina Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Her Purr-Fect Surprise (Silver Streak Pack #1)
  • More than a Werewolf (Shifty #1)
  • Burning Bright (Ivy Granger, #3)
  • Of Light and Darkness (Of Light and Darkness #1)
  • The Inferno (Succubus Studies, #3)(Succubus Harem, #8)
  • Torn (The Pteron Chronicles, #1)
  • Wickedly Magical (Baba Yaga, #0.5)
  • Love, Lattes and Mutants
  • Moonlight (The Moon Trilogy, #1)
Born in Kent UK, USATODAY bestselling author Pippa--- "Wait a second. Let's cut to the chase. I write kick-ass urban fantasy & sci-fi novels with conflicted characters, breathless action, and no-holds-barred dialogue. My books may not leave you feeling all fluffy and warm inside, but they will excite you. There will be plot-twists, angst, probably a few dead bodies, and very likely your favori ...more

London Fae (2 books)
  • City of Shadows (London Fae, #2)
“I’m human, you’re not. What are you?” “Royally fucked.” The door closed with an abrupt click.” 2 likes
“My sparkling personality? Razor-sharp wit? The great hair? Chicks dig the hair.” 0 likes