Start by marking “Unintended Guardian (Mythos Legacy #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Unintended Guardian (Mythos Legacy #0.5)

Read Book* *Different edition

Unintended Guardian (Mythos Legacy 0.5)

Cursed to darkness, he makes a wish for freedom. She shows up instead…

A shapeshifting gryphon cursed to eternal darkness…

Sunlight shouldn't be deadly to Griff Cyrus. Determined to break his curse, he follows an oracle's bizarre instructions to have a magical package shipped to his apartment. Since when do brown trucks deliver mystical cures?

A lonely woman craving the sp
Published February 22nd 2015 by Blue Phoenix Press

To ask other readers questions about Unintended Guardian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unintended Guardian

Yvonne Marjot
Feb 28, 2015 Yvonne Marjot rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"The Mythos Legacy, where real myths find real love." Unintended Guardian is a short (too short) but very tasty introduction to the upcoming Mythos Legacy novels. It may be brief, but it gives a very clear flavour of what you can look forward to. I can already tell that the Mythos books are going to contain humour, fun, a gentle eroticism, and that they will reference a whole world of mythological creatures.

What if myths are real? What if there is another world alongside our own, inhabited by cr
Ani Gonzalez
Feb 28, 2015 Ani Gonzalez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal-crack
Great start to the series. Loved the mythological characters and the unusual use of magic. Looking forward to Treasured Claim's dragon heroine.
Devika Fernando
Mar 05, 2015 Devika Fernando rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although this is a short story, it's one of the best shapeshifter books I've ever read. I love the hero as much as the heroine. Griff was gorgeous and the perfect tortured, slightly villainous hero to fall for, and Kala with her Asian background and unique character was a wonderful choice too. I'd happily read a 300-page novel with these two... alas, this is a short, eventful and emotional read, and I'll just have to dream up more stories with them. I'll definitely check out Gold's first Mythos ...more
Jonmontanavega
May 20, 2015 Jonmontanavega rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, romance, fantasy
Oh, did I love the heroine. Take charge, sassy, intelligent, sexy. Did the Guardian ever need her. This is a novella. I wish she had a full book; nay, a full series.
Melissa
Feb 26, 2015 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-romance
New author with a great voice. This was a very well written short story that brings two lonely hearts together to save each other. One just happens to be a cursed Gryphon.
Sieran
Mar 10, 2015 Sieran rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, romance
Sharon Hughson
Feb 25, 2015 Sharon Hughson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This gets 3.8 out of 5 stars from me. It was a fabulous short story that I read in less than an hour.
It was well-written - which is no surprise since Jami is an experienced writing teacher and editor. The pace was excellent and the characters charmed me.
It was just too short. I found I wanted to believe the love-at-first-sight trope, but I couldn't. It isn't part of my makeup. Attraction, yes, but love that makes someone risk their own life? Not happening after an hour or less.
It was a great st
Robin Witt
Jun 17, 2015 Robin Witt rated it really liked it
I don't usually read short stories, and this one reminded me of exactly why... It introduced 3 delightful characters, a serious story problem, delightful tension... and I was hooked. I was ready to spend 10 or 12 hours with Kala and Griff, as they went on a novel length quest to regain his treasure... (gradually falling in hot hot love along the way, right? Oh, yes.)

Also, I wanted to kick that Lil' bastard Leprechaun. Hard. So more pages of story where events could slap around that little punk
Amy Patrick
Apr 06, 2015 Amy Patrick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fast and fun read, a great introduction to the series! I've never read anything featuring a Gryphon, and I really liked it. Great writing. Definitely made me want to read more.
Annelise
Mar 18, 2015 Annelise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was too short. I wanted more... Loved it.
Amelia
One star for massive instalove*, a heroine who is as stupid as she is annoying** and a ridiculous plot. Short stories are destined to fail when an author tries to cram a full length story into a few pages. A short story should be a snapshot, nothing more. We've got a snapshot here, but a snapshot that fits events that should take at least months, if not years, to unfold into the space of about half an hour. I've added a plot summary to give you an idea what I mean.

***SPOILERS AHEAD***.

1.Uninte
A.M.
Sep 19, 2015 A.M. rated it did not like it
Shelves: i-own, e-books
I think I got this as a free gift when I signed up to her website. Jami Gold has a lot of great info and templates for using Scrivener and I thought I ought to read some of her work.
Sadly, I’m not sure this story was the best place to start.
There is a glitch in my epub file: every apostrophe appears like this “shouldn’t” which is a trifle annoying because it does it for speech marks as well. Like this:
“I recently moved in down the hall. I’m Kala. You’re Griff?â€

Almost unreadable. But tha
Just A. Bean
Feb 29, 2016 Just A. Bean rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, romance
I mostly read this as a pallet cleanser for a heavy lit fic book, and it worked really well on that level. It was, unfortunately not great in most regards.

It's possible that I'm just not into shape shifter romances, though I do like Marjorie M. Liu's, but there wasn't enough set up to get the pay off. Granted, it's a short, but there's almost no characterisation or points of interest. They just meet, immediately solve a problem, and then get together. Plus there's a leprechaun with a phonetic Ir
IrishAmber
Mar 04, 2015 IrishAmber rated it it was ok
More meat, Less unnecessary fat

Pretty clean, just poorly written kissing. There's a lot of extra baking info, that could've been left out. Other interesting stuff could've filled those pages. Like a better explanation of things at the end. Editing should be taking a look at this as well. I think the girl's last name got changed half way through. I'll forget about it by tomorrow.
Dee
Aug 13, 2015 Dee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As an introduction to a series, this very short story has me intrigued. The author did a brilliant job of bring bringing the characters to life without unnecessary filler, a writing style that appeals to me.

Thankfully I picked it up for free, or I might have had a hissy fit when an already short story, was made even shorter by ending at the 68% mark.

Christine Albion
This was a wonderful introduction to the Mythos universe. I enjoyed the characters and was very intrigued by the world that Gold has created for us. The short story was steamy but not explicit, which I enjoyed. I would recommend this to others!
Teri
Feb 09, 2016 Teri rated it liked it
I wanted more!! I know it is a short story and yes they did advertise it as short and sweet and that's exactly what it was. A quick sweet read that could have easily been so much more. I did finish it I laughed and then it was gone
angela
Oct 23, 2015 angela rated it it was ok
Goog

It was a good story, that I was really enjoying. Then bam...over. I couldn't believe it just ended. I feel it could have been so much more. What was there was so good, I wish the Author had not cut off the story.
Julie Rose
Aug 09, 2015 Julie Rose rated it it was amazing
Unintended Guardian was fun to find out about each character.

I loved this book, it kept my attention. (Which is about the size of a nat.) I could not wait to find out more about Griff.
Lizbeth Gabriel
Sep 12, 2016 Lizbeth Gabriel rated it it was ok
Harmless fun, well written, insta-love, perfectly predictable. Fans of Paranormal Romance will surely enjoy it.
Shah Wharton
Feb 26, 2015 Shah Wharton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As expected for the awesome Jami Gold - fabulous frolicking well written fun. X
Marianne
This was a freebie.

A short and sweet lightning romance. It had to be, because it's only a short story. Still, I liked them both and how the got their HEA.
Elizabeth Randolph
Elizabeth Randolph rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2016
Inessa Sergeeva
Inessa Sergeeva rated it it was ok
Mar 30, 2015
Jenny Koch
Jenny Koch rated it it was ok
Jun 11, 2015
Lynnette Loud
Lynnette Loud rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2017
J.D.
J.D. rated it did not like it
Apr 06, 2015
Jill Bush
Jill Bush rated it liked it
May 20, 2016
lindy devanish
lindy devanish rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2015
Chloe Adler
Chloe Adler rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Cataclysm Blues
  • A Vampire's Touch (The Red Velvet Trilogy, Prequel)
  • Temptation
  • Dragons Don't Cry (Fire Chronicles #1)
  • Momo: My Everything
  • Fangs, Fur and Mistletoe (Mystic Isle, #1)
  • Fight the Tide (Kick at the Darkness, #2)
  • A Blush of Magic
  • Matters of State
  • How To Be A Hotwife
  • Rock Rod Studios Presents: Alex Undone
  • Cheater: Guilty
  • Double Trouble (An Agency Story)
  • Valkyrie's Vengeance (Loki's Wolves, #0)
  • Silver Kiss
  • The Morning After
  • Ezekiah
  • Ten Simple Tips for Surviving the Apocalypse
Don't miss Jami's next release! Sign up for her newsletter at jamigold.com/mail to be notified when her next book goes on pre-order and sale!

After building a Fortress of Solitude from books in her to-be-read pile, Jami Gold moved to Arizona and decided to become a writer, where she could put her talent for making up stuff to good use, including winning the 2015 National Readers’ Choice Award in Pa
More about Jami Gold...

Mythos Legacy (4 books)
  • Treasured Claim (Mythos Legacy #1)
  • Pure Sacrifice (Mythos Legacy #2)
  • Ironclad Devotion (Mythos Legacy #3)
  • Stone-Cold Heart (Mythos Legacy #4)

“The kiss wove between gentle and frenzied, liquid and greedy, silken and primal, and he sucked every second of bliss he could from the forbidden pleasure.” 2 likes
“This was home. This was perfection. This was everything he'd never known he wanted. (Griff)” 0 likes