Start by marking “Major Misconduct (Aces Hockey, #1)” as Want to Read:
Major Misconduct (Aces Hockey, #1)

Major Misconduct

(Aces Hockey #1)

In Kelly Jamieson’s seductive new Chicago Aces romance—perfect for readers of Sawyer Bennett and Toni Aleo—a fun-loving free spirit tempts an uptight hockey star into opening himself up to love.

As the captain of the Chicago Aces, Marc Dupuis is all business. The apartment he shares with his teammate and best friend, Duncan, is a refuge from the pressures of fame. But when
Published October 13th 2015 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Major Misconduct, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Major Misconduct

Start your review of Major Misconduct (Aces Hockey, #1)
Aug 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
| ARC kindly provided by Random House Publishing Group-Loveswept via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you a lot! |

description

"Every time I made you smile or laugh, I think I fell a little bit in love with you."
"That's funny, because every time you made me smile or laugh, I think I fell a bit in love with you."

Blurb: As the captain of the Chicago Aces, Marc Dupuis is all business. The apartment he shares with his teammate and best friend, Duncan, is a refuge from the pressures
Geri Reads
Oct 11, 2015 rated it did not like it
DNF @35%

I...I...don't even know what to say.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The blurb sounded pretty good and I love sports romance , which is why I requested it. And I've enjoyed this author's books before.

But...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Definitely not my cuppa. The heroine was way too flaky and just plain annoying to me. She made an arbitrary decision to move in with her older brother in Chicago without informing him. Not a phone call. Nothing. She just showed up unannounced. And considering that her brother has a roommate, she totally expected
Catarina
3 Forbidden Stars.

Lovey decides to move to Chicago and get a new life, and she moves into his brother’s house. What she wasn’t counting was the hot hockey player that not only his her brother’s best friend and teammate, he’s also a roommate in the house.
They know they shouldn’t get together and that her brother will goes nuts if he finds, but some things are just too strong to resist.

description

I’m a sucker for books with athletes, hockey players holding a special player in my heart. Mix that with
Jen
DNF at 20%

“But it’s windy. It is the Windy City.”
“Chicago is no windier than any other city.”
She frowned. “But it’s called the Windy City.”
“That apparently has to do with the long-windedness of Chicago politicians.”
“Huh.” She tipped her head. “Really? But it is windy today. I’m sure hundred mile an hour winds.”
He grinned. “Yeah, Lovey, it’s windy.”

Well, I gave it to 20% but this book's just not for me. My main complaint is Lovey. Yep, she goes by Lovey. From the beginning when she shows up,
Claire Robinson
Jun 23, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, love-swept
1 - "For the love of cheese." Star.

DNF @ 23%

I had high hopes for Major Misconduct having read and enjoyed quite a few sports romances recently, they have been my 'go-to' genre when I want a little romance and escapism, because if you met me you would know I am the most un-sporty person you are ever likely to meet. I have also heard a lot of good things about Kelly Jamieson, so I started the book with a certain level of expectation.

Sadly, it was always going to be a struggle to stay invested in a
Sabrina
Now LIVE!
*Amazon* Barnes & Noble*iBooks*

3 Stars

Lovey Armstrong quits her job, breaks up with her boyfriend, and packs up to move to Chicago. Not having a place to stay when she gets there, she heads to her brother to stay with him. She just didn’t expect her brother’s majorly hot roommate.

Marc Dupuis, a.k.a Captain Codger, was shocked to find a sexy as hell woman sitting in his living room. And even more shocked to learn she was his roommate’s sister, which means off limits to him. But some
Love2ReadRomance
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this audio book! The narrator helped bring this book to life, and it was so entertaining. The chemistry between Marc and Lovey was hot, and I loved the other characters from the team. I can’t wait to read more from this series!
Dali
Endearing, cute and sexy. A great weekend hockey romance about a carefree and breezy girl who dazzles a master of self-control and discipline into letting some fun in his life.
“He wanted her to pull him into that circle of light and warmth she seemed to create everywhere she went, to ease his pain and frustration, to make things seem good again.”

Lovey Armstrong has always lived in the shadow of her older, successful brother Duncan. She’s always loved him and has been supportive of his
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
*** 3 Stars ***

description

Honestly, the blurb pretty much sums up the whole book. Marc Dupuis is perfect. Too perfect. He is the captain of the Aces, does a lot of charity work, and dedicated to whatever he puts his mind on. I really like him, but he isn't that interesting.

Lovey, on the other hand, is a free spirit. Unfortunately, she also came off annoying and childish. There were moments I wanted to slap her.

If you're looking for a very light steamy read, Major Misconduct wouldn't be a bad choice. But if
Katie
Jun 26, 2015 rated it liked it
3 what Lovey wants, Lovey gets stars
**arc kindly provided by the publisher through Netgalley**

This book was a hard one for me to review. I LOVED Marc. Loved him. Total book boyfriend material. The issue i have lies with the heroine, Lovey. I don't think there was a time where I have read a book before and found myself HATING the heroine.

Here's a list of why she bothered me:
*Her use of 'cheese' puns instead of cursing- "Oh, cheese-its!" "For the love of cheese!" Yes, I get it. You worked as a PR
nicklein
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Smut is <3

This was a fun little read for me. A breath of fresh air after my fantasy streak. And it's HOCKEY, of course. I can't say no to that. I'm fragile.
Samantha
Sep 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
description

5 delighted and love is worth trying for stars. I really enjoyed this novel for so many reasons. One, I could really become Lovey. I am around her age and her struggles with finding herself, figuring out her career path, and even navigating her love life really hit home for me. Two, I loved Marc. Dear God, Marc is a dying breed of man and I really need to find me a Marc. Three, the explosive chemistry between Marc and Lovey. I think three reasons is enough otherwise I'd write a 50 paragraph
Lisa
Sep 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arc
ARC received in exchange for an honest review.

2.5 stars.

This book is a light, flirty and fluffy romance. While Marc was adorable, Lovey was basically an immature spoiled brat and just too flighty for me. It was a struggle to finish the book.
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
DNF. We do love a good hockey romance but this one just didn't work. The heroine drove us to distraction, sadly we couldn't continue.
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Mandy
Oct 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, forbidden, athlete
Lovey Armstrong quit her job after dumping her boyfriend boss and is moving to Chicago. She shows up at her brothers condo unannounced and intends to stay there to get back on her feet. Lovey's brother Duncan is a pro hockey player for the Chicago Aces. He's not thrilled with the idea of his sister moving in with him and disrupting his bachelor lifestyle. Lovey is surprised when his roommate, the hot team captain, Marc, walks into the kitchen wearing only his boxers. There's instant chemistry ...more
Denisa
1.5, a damn annoying book!

Gah, I just couldn't do it! I tried, I really really did, but I couldn't get myself to continue reading this book.
I wanted a cute, easy book to start the new year with, and I got something that annoyed me to tears! The characters sucked, and the female one was such an... ok, I'm not gonna say idiot, but she was damn close! I wanted to take my kindle and throw it out the window a few times (and I only read about 50% of the book!). And what's with all the cheese insults
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

Oh boy, I now have a new sports team to keep up with. Marc is seriously hot and such a sweetie. He can talk French to me anytime. Lovey annoyed me at times. She could be childish and her cheese cussing got a little old. But together, they were smoking. Can't wait to read more of Aces stories.
Ivy Deluca
Aug 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Full 3.5 stars review posted on http://afterdarkbooklovers.com/2015/1....
description
Hockey rules : I love it, and I especially love when it mixes with my romance. When I saw the chance to start up with a new hockey romance series, I couldn’t resist. I’ve never read anything by Ms. Jamieson, but I enjoyed the fun little ‘verse she’s created - that it’s populated with a bunch of hot hockey guys, not a hardship.

The premise is pretty straightforward : Stuffed shirt meets special snowflake (emphasis on
Beth
Lovey Armstrong is looking to change her life up and the first stop on this adventure is crashing at her big brother's Chicago pad.

Marc Dupuis is blown out of the water by the hot little vixen that has moved into the apartment he shares with his team mate, Duncan. Rule number one, don't ever date your buddy's sister. That and a lot more rules are about to get blown out of the water.

Lovey has never really been taken seriously, but she definitely has a plan for her life. Duncan and Marc repeatably
Olga therebelreader
I really had high hopes for this one, but I just couldn't get into it. I could not connect with the characters at all.

ARC kindly provided by Random House Publishing Group-Loveswept (via NetGalley) in exchange for my honest review.
Amber .:★Wild Heart Reviews★:.
major misconduct

"She hadn't planned on living with a hot hockey player with a body that could turn a girl to a puddle of lust... but this was going to be fun!" - Lovey, Major Misconduct by Kelly Jamieson

I was so excited for this book, that I practically jumped up and down when I got an ARC to review for it. Oh... who am I kidding? I -did- jump up and down. Major Misconduct is the beginning of a new series by the talented Ms. Kelly Jamieson. Do I sound bias? I may be, just a little bit. :D I've never read
Didi

It's difficult to like a story when you had such a dislike to the main character as I experienced here. The heroine, one Lovey Armstrong bugged the hell out of me since the story began. She struck me as bossy, flippant, selfish and rather cowardly young lady. She showed up out of the blue in her brother's condo, presumed she could live there, took one look at his roommate and decided she wanted him and proceeded to make way for that to happen.

I'm sure there had to be ways to make the
Danielle
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Anyone who knows me knows how much I love Sawyer Bennett's Cold Fury series which is why, after reading the blurb for Major Misconduct, I figured it'd be right up my alley. Being my first time reading anything by Kelly Jamieson I wasn't really sure what to expect but I really enjoyed this one.

After breaking up with her boyfriend and quitting her job, Lovey decided to move to Chicago and start a new life. Her brother, Duncan, isn't all that thrilled with her thinking she can crash at his
Jenny
ARC provided by publisher in exchange for honest review. Thank you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Oh my GAWDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!! I have a new book boyfriend. His name is Marc. He's French. He's a hockey player. And he is H-O-T-T HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I cannot fully divulge in my review (will do so closer to release date), all I can say is ladies, get ready. I am head over heels in love with this man and his French and his sexiness and all that jazz!!

And as for Miss Lovely? Honestly, she had bubblegum and unicorns coming
TheresaDK
Liked the storyline, really liked the H, Marc, but absolutely HATED the heroine! (I even hated her name: Lovey!) I can't remember reading about a more selfish, spoiled brat ever! Lovey alone is the reason I had to deduct two whole stars...

I think the author was trying to depict a carefree, young, sweet and funny girl, but failed miserably. The way she tries to seduce Marc just for the fun of it, because she has an itch that needs scratching, totally disregarding the fact that he's not a player
Claudia
This was a nice and sweet romance and if you like sports romances and have time on a rainy afternoon, that is definitely a book for you

I have to confess, Lovey was not my kind of heroine at the moment, as she was portraied as very flighty and not very serious or responsible. but that changed and in the end, I really liked her.

Marc was a great character and these two definitely completed each other. the development to this was great to see.

all in all, 4 satisfied stars
Shannie's ⭐️Lookin' 4 My Next BBF⭐️
5 Captain Romance Stars

This was an unexpectedly sexy hockey romance story. I am soooooooooooo Looking forward to reading more about these hockey players!!
Celestine
Apr 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hockey + Romance = Heaven

What is it about a Kelly Jamieson book that I love? I read adventure paired with romance. The closest Jamieson's books get to adventure is a hockey puck to the face. The majority of books I read are in space, in the future or in the past. Yet hers are always set firmly in the present. I like the spicy side of romance described in books. Jamieson.....well, she does that. Deliciously.

It is easy to get buried in the people that make up a Jamieson book. They are like this

• Hawke (Cold Fury Hockey, #5)
  • Making a Play (Hometown Players, #2)
  • Ryker (Cold Fury Hockey, #4)
  • Legend (Arizona Vengeance, #3)
  • Max (Cold Fury Hockey, #6)
  • Dax (Arizona Vengeance, #4)
  • Falling for the Backup (Assassins, #4)
  • Garrett (Cold Fury Hockey, #2)
  • The Final Move (Hometown Players, #3)
  • Empty Net (Assassins, #3)
  • Roman (Cold Fury Hockey, #7)
  • Zack (Cold Fury Hockey, #3)
  • One More Shot (Hometown Players, #1)
  • Erik (Arizona Vengeance, #2)
  • Now or Never (San Francisco Thunder #4)
  • Bishop (Arizona Vengeance, #1)
  • Overtime (Assassins, #10)
  • Puck Me Secretly (Vancouver Wolves Hockey, #1)
Kelly Jamieson is a USA Today bestselling author of over 40 romance novels and novellas. Her writing has been described as “emotionally complex”, “sweet and satisfying” and “blisteringly sexy”. She likes black coffee, white wine and high heels…and of course cheering on her Winnipeg Jets during hockey season! She loves hearing from readers, so please visit her website at www.kellyjamieson.com.

Aces Hockey (8 books)
  • Icing (Aces Hockey, #2)
  • Top Shelf (Aces Hockey, #3)
  • Back Check (Aces Hockey, #4)
  • Slap Shot (Aces Hockey #5)
  • Playing Hurt (Aces Hockey, #6)
  • Big Stick (Aces Hockey, #7)
  • Game On (Aces Hockey, #8)
“You shouldn’t talk so much,” she said. “Those one-word answers reveal so much about you.” 2 likes
“Forget pizza,” Marc gasped. “Just want to fuck you.” 0 likes