Start by marking “Taking on Tory (Magic, New Mexico, #2)” as Want to Read:
Taking on Tory (Magic, New Mexico, #2)

(Magic, New Mexico #2)

Published February 23rd 2015

To ask other readers questions about Taking on Tory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taking on Tory

Carrie
Aug 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Taking on Tory by S.E. Smith is the second book of the Magic, New Mexico paranormal romance series. Now I've not read the first book myself so I can't say for certain if these characters play a role in the first book or not. However, the main characters do seem to change from book to book so this one read fine as a standalone.

Tory Carson is twenty four but still treated like a child by her family so she dreams of nothing more than leaving her little town of Magic, New Mexico. Everyone believes
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
Nope, just no. Simon is an asshole. No relationship development. Very dubious consent from Tory. I hated that most of.
Marta Cox
Apr 15, 2018 rated it liked it

This is a lot shorter than I expected.
Tory is a vampire/ witch with a serious blood allergy which obviously causes her problems. Add to that she has a very protective family and honestly she has no idea what lives outside her town of Magic.
Simon believes that there are very few supernatural beings in his world but his thoughts are about to change when his wolf picks a female that has the ability to pack more than a little punch !
I usually read this authors sci fi romance but i enjoyed meeting he
Hollie
I made it to the 50% mark, but I'm declaring this one a DNF. It reminds me of dozens of other cliché werewolf/vampire books I've read. The dialogue and characters are just so lame that I have no desire to continue this one. At least it was a freebie.
Coco.V
Jan 02, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (1/2/2018)! 💝
Delta
Free 10-29-15 (Short PNR Novella: wolf shifters)

Cheesecake
Simon and Tory.
Sweet fluffy goodness at it's best. Short and shallow but made me snicker and smile.
Tory is a 24 year old vampire and has been sheltered not only by her family but by the whole town. She longs to spread her wings (and not just when she is in bat form). She travels away to stay with her older brother and meets Simon. Simon who is a 300+ year old werewolf and has no clue that there are other werewolves, let along Vampires etc. He is used to getting what he wants with no effort and
Kira Simion
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: got-for-free
Took me less than an hour to complete.

The characters were meh. Too much
insta-love. Sex, sex, and more sex. (Though sex was also meh).

The pace was pretty jerky and I didn't quite see how the book was any different than many other werewolf/mate books. The ONLY kind-of difference was the fact that the mate of the alpha wolf was a vampire...still pretty meh. Could've been better but, the book didn't really show anything, rather more telling of sex, 2D characters, and a pretty boring plot.

If you like
Pamela
Feb 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really wish this had been longer as I quite enjoyed it.
Marsha
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
When I first read the description for "Taking on Tory" I expected to be moderately entertained. I had no idea how a 90 page book could be so comical and endearing. I quickly realized that I had stumbled upon a little goldmine of a good read.

Twenty four year old Tory has been lining a sheltered life with her family in Magic, New Mexico. She is part vampire as well as allergic to some blood types. Who know? Vampires can have allergies too! She has been trying unsuccessfully for year to get her ov
Malinda
3.5-4 stars

This was a pretty good story. I liked both Simon and Tory and while their story was short, it was enjoyable.

Tory is a 24 year old vampire with a blood disorder that only allows her to imbibe in A+ blood. Tory's been protected (aka smothered) by her family and she's ready (aka itching) to get out of her hometown of Magic, NM and explore. She finally gets her chance when she's allowed to go to South Carolina to visit with her older brother.

Simon is a centuries old werewolf who masquerad
Trish R.
May 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome novella..

For a short little story this was really good. I remember how much I liked it last year when I first read it but I couldn’t remember all of it so I figured I’d have a look-see what it was about.

Poor Simon thought he was the only paranormal left in the world BUT little did he know about all the residents of Magic, New Mexico, and the ones visiting Charleston, South Carolina. A visitor named Tory, who was a vampire, with a blood disorder, a witch and a shifter, all rolled into on
ValerieC
I waited so long for Book 2 of this cute series, I thought the author totally dropped it. This is short, but fun. I like the series and I think there is a lot to work with for new books, namely Tori's brothers, her friends, her aunts, and even how the new werewolf in town adjusts to his new life.

I really wish Ms. Royce had expanded the ending a little bit, but it is fine as it is.
Talltree
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Adorable novella read about a young h who comes from a family of love and magic finding her HEA with an alpha werewolf H who's had to struggle for everything including his very survival. The twain meet and H goes after h like an obsessed stalker only to be befuddled by her. It was funny and cute, only wished book was longer!!

Amber
Apr 28, 2016 rated it liked it
when Smith does it right I really enjoy her, and this was done right. but dear LORD the woman needs to learn not to rely on spellchecker. this wasn't a horrid offender but still. spellchecker is not your best friend. it's not.
Peg
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: smith-s-e
I loved it!!

I'm hoping there will be more books in this series. It just can't end with Tory and Simon. Please say you're writing more S. E. Smith.
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2015
Hard to like a main character when that character is way too Alpha. It got worse when his behavior became stalking and possessive. 'Cause you, know that's so hawt.
Susan Otto
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The second fantastic story about the creator of Magic, New Mexico

I adored the characters in this story about a vampire trying to find her wings. Tory is not only a vampire but she's also a witch. Simon is a 300 year old werewolf that doesn't realize that Tory's hometown is full of magical beings such as werewolves, vampires, witches, the Fates, garden gnomes and even a genie.

Tory met Simon in Charleston when her brother was finding furniture for Simon. He saw Tory and was fascinated by her, but
Angela Lover  of all Books No Matter How Horrid They Are ❤❂☠
Tori is a new character in the Magic, New Mexico series. We did meet her great-aunt Topper back in Lacey's book, Touch of Frost and I am glad that we got to see more of Topper.

This book was super short but it did give us a lot of information within it and it also introduces us to more characters. I enjoyed Tori and I enjoyed Simon. Simon is the typical werewolf however he thinks he is the only supernatural being and I can understand that because his previous Alpha never told him any different.

I
L M
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Had to wait a long time to get a follow on from Touch of Frost. This one is a short but enjoyable read, not as humorous as book one.
Poor Tory, wants to see more of the world and stumbles into alpha werewolf Simon nearly straight away who decides she is his. Tory is also a vampire with a blood allergy.
Poor Simon, he has not had an easy life, changed into a werewolf hundreds of years previously and used and abused for years. He does not know other paranormals exist. Glad that he will now have a fa
Elaine Kirby
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very Good 2!

This was a short & sweet book telling the tale of how Joseph & Jonah's parents met.

Tory Carson has always wanted to travel & visit other places; she gets that opportunity when her brother pays her a visit & takes her with him to Charleston.

Simon Drayton is a werewolf & he doesn't know that other creatures exist but, he will find that out once he discovers what Tory is & where she comes from.

This was a very good book even though it had some sex scenes that were
Sydney M Neblett
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Take me back to Magic, New Mexico

This little town, filled with immortal creatures, is a barrel of laughs, friends, family and love. The mystery of book one has carried onto book two. Tory a young half witch vampire goes on a trip and meets Simon a werewolf who thought he was the only one. Fate intervenes and set these two souls on a collision course even when family interferes. I hope you enjoy the journey back to Magic as much as I have. I’m looking forward to the next book in the series.
Olivia_hancockymail.Com
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another surprise

I gave this book a four only because it was a much shorter read and not as good as frost but the magic series was a very good read As a matter I was surprised as it being very good But I did like the previous book better it was longer and showed a lot more character in the town This book was putting too much info in such a shorter story that it kind of didn't have enough of the main couples. But 8t was still a good book.
 BookwormMomma7
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! My first book by this author and what a fantastic read. This story is fast passed, great funny and charming characters and settings. You will fall in love with Magic, New Mexico and it's wonderful residents. Here we have Tory on a bid for freedom from her over protective family and with some help she gets her wish, now instead she has to deal with Simon. Read on and enjoy this humorous and sexy tale.
Lynn Smith
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Taking on Tory

Tory a young vampire wants to see the world, at least anything but Magic, New Mexico. When her brother invites her to Charleston she can't wait to go. Delivering furniture to Simon she scents his us paranormal but tries to ignore it. Simon just knows she is for him. His forever. He just has to convince her of it.
Short story really wish it was longer. I loved it.
Coccibelle
Really short intalove story

Even if it was a short story, the elements were very rush. I really did like how the heroine SPOILER ALERT ⚠ gave her virginity to the guy after seeing him for only one day. However I liked that she was powerful.
Dawn Carey
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Taking on Tory

Another Awesome job of storytelling by Smith. If you haven't already tried anything from Smith then you are definitely missing out on some really great reads. I loved this series and can't wait to get a hold of more of her work!!!!
Judi
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fascinating new vampire mythology...

Magic is full of hilarious supernaturals and Tory and the Carsons are that and your normal protective vampire family. This sweet short story is fun for an afternoon read.
CJ
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a great book. Tory is fun and Simon is mysterious with a great alpha animal side. The family dynamics sound just about right when the youngest is a daughter and older brothers are too protective - it makes for some chuckles and some groans that create a wonderful story.
C.J.
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love this series. It's just so quirky. Nice to know more about Simon and Tory after having met and fell in love with their sons in a Touch of Frost.

• Don't Drink and Hex (Hex and Sex, #1)
  • Defying Eternity (An Obscure Magic, #5)
  • A Slash of Savagery (Wiccan-Were-Bear #8)
  • Keith (Golden Streak #6)
  • Fairy Tales and Ever Afters, Volume One (Fairy Tales & Ever Afters, #1-3)
  • Claiming Their Lady (Master of the City, #9)
  • Mandy's Story (Fang Chronicles, #4)
  • Den and Breakfast (Honeycomb Falls, #1)
  • Bound to Night (Sisters of the Moon, #1)
  • Mating Behavior
  • Kissing the Werewolf (Izzy Cooper #1)
  • Claiming His Need (Feral Breed Motorcycle Club, #2)
  • Lucius (Luna Lodge, #3)
  • Kirall's Kiss (Kiss Series, #1)
  • Distant Desires: Part Three
S.E. Smith is a New York Times (Twin Dragons and Dagger’s Hope) and 15 time USA TODAY Bestselling author of Science Fiction, Urban Fantasy, and Paranormal Romance. She brings action, adventure, and suspense-filled romance stories to transport readers out of this world. Sexy, funny, action-packed—Science fiction, Paranormal, Fantasy, and Contemporary stories with a twist! Discover stories with a he ...more

Magic, New Mexico (3 books)
  • Touch of Frost (Magic, New Mexico, #1)
  • Alexandru's Kiss (Magic, New Mexico #3)