Start by marking “Color Lab for Mixed-Media Artists: 52 Exercises for Exploring Color Concepts through Paint, Collage, Paper, and More” as Want to Read:

Create the very best mixed media with 52 inspiring exercises!

Strenthening your understanding and use of color will make your mixed-media art shine as you complete 52 labs that span painting, collage, drawing, assemblage and more.

In Color Lab for Mixed Media Artists, color is explored through multiple lenses-nature, history, psychology, expression-as you work through 52
Published November 1st 2015 by Quarry Books (first published October 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Color Lab for Mixed-Media Artists, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Color Lab for Mixed-Media Artists

Start your review of Color Lab for Mixed-Media Artists: 52 Exercises for Exploring Color Concepts through Paint, Collage, Paper, and More
tierneycreates
Aug 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh I love this book. I am an evolving quilting artists and I first saw this book at the public library and borrowed it from the library on a whim. After reading the whole book, I had to buy it an add it to my collection of books to inspire me visually and in art quilt color/fabric selection and palette ideas. Nice done!
Robin Davis
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
This did not have much to offer for me. Most projects require way more supplies than I have. I would say this is for more serious artists who already have plenty of supplies and skills and are just seeking new ideas. Not for those who are just starting out in the art world.
Torina
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got this book from the library and absolutely loved the variety of activities. I need to buy this book so I can work my way through it.
Abbie Butcher
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such fun little experiments and practices to keep your eye for color steady!
Dale Johnson
The is a book of just exercises in paint and collage. I expected more conceptual material, and these media are not what I was looking for. That said, the exercises themselves seemed to be not really useful teaching exercises, but rather just things to do with no specific purpose, other than things you would be doing anyway if you were interested in acrylics or collage media: mixing primary and complementary paint colors to see what happens, etc., making swatch collages from colored paper and fab ...more
Melissa
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It's well written and inspiring. As an art teacher of both college and younger students, I find the approach Deborah Forman takes in presenting the exercises in this book to be appropriate for any age. They are both simple and complex enough to open doors for creative expression on many levels.
Francine
Aug 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
I chose this book at the public library for inspiration and it came through for me.

There are 52 lessons, mediums, colors, mixed-media art are all there to be explored.

Recommended.

Feb 11, 2016
Esther Frances
Apr 28, 2018
Susan J. Stover
rated it did not like it
Feb 26, 2016

• Color and Pattern: 50 Playful Exercises for Exploring Pattern Design
  • The Emerald Heart of Courtenay
  • Love in Disguise
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Love Comes Quietlyn (Hearts of Amish Country #3)
  • Trapped in East Germany
  • The Madera Murder
  • Dangerous Connections
  • The Forbidden Castle (Choose Your Own Adventure, #14)
  • Miracle of the Christmas Star
  • Christmas in Haggerty
  • The End Begins: Sudden Darkness
  • Love, Charleston
  • Arms Of Love (Amish Beginnings)
  • Jane and Austen
  • Grace's Forgiveness (Keepsake Pocket Quilt, #2)
  • Lipstick Wars