Start by marking “Color Lab for Mixed-Media Artists: 52 Exercises for Exploring Color Concepts through Paint, Collage, Paper, and More” as Want to Read:

Create the very best mixed media with 52 inspiring exercises!

Strenthening your understanding and use of color will make your mixed-media art shine as you complete 52 labs that span painting, collage, drawing, assemblage and more.

In Color Lab for Mixed Media Artists, color is explored through multiple lenses-nature, history, psychology, expression-as you work through 52 exc
Published November 1st 2015 by Quarry Books (first published October 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Color Lab for Mixed-Media Artists, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Color Lab for Mixed-Media Artists

Start your review of Color Lab for Mixed-Media Artists: 52 Exercises for Exploring Color Concepts through Paint, Collage, Paper, and More
Chris
Mar 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Lots of interesting exercises in this, some of which I'll actually even try at some point. But with just two pages devoted to each exercise, many of the more complicated ones felt incomplete.
tierneycreates
Aug 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh I love this book. I am an evolving quilting artists and I first saw this book at the public library and borrowed it from the library on a whim. After reading the whole book, I had to buy it an add it to my collection of books to inspire me visually and in art quilt color/fabric selection and palette ideas. Nice done!
Micaela
Jul 13, 2020 rated it liked it
At first glance this book looks great. Very pretty. Great format. Whoever did the design and planning did a great job. However, once you get into the exercises there is not much there. The author does not guide a person through anything but seems lazy and kind of just throws out some suggestions. Dissappointed because I heard great things about it.
Robin Davis
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
This did not have much to offer for me. Most projects require way more supplies than I have. I would say this is for more serious artists who already have plenty of supplies and skills and are just seeking new ideas. Not for those who are just starting out in the art world.
Torina
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got this book from the library and absolutely loved the variety of activities. I need to buy this book so I can work my way through it.
Abbie Butcher
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such fun little experiments and practices to keep your eye for color steady!
Teresa
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful illustrations, on the nose exercises
Dale Johnson
The is a book of just exercises in paint and collage. I expected more conceptual material, and these media are not what I was looking for. That said, the exercises themselves seemed to be not really useful teaching exercises, but rather just things to do with no specific purpose, other than things you would be doing anyway if you were interested in acrylics or collage media: mixing primary and complementary paint colors to see what happens, etc., making swatch collages from colored paper and fab ...more
Melissa
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It's well written and inspiring. As an art teacher of both college and younger students, I find the approach Deborah Forman takes in presenting the exercises in this book to be appropriate for any age. They are both simple and complex enough to open doors for creative expression on many levels.
Francine
Aug 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
I chose this book at the public library for inspiration and it came through for me.

There are 52 lessons, mediums, colors, mixed-media art are all there to be explored.

Recommended.

« previous 1 3 next »

• The Ten Thousand Doors of January
  • Anne Frank Beyond the Diary: A Photographic Remembrance
  • Helen Keller's Teacher
  • If You Can Doodle, You Can Paint: Transforming Simple Drawings into Works of Art
  • Drawing in Black & White: Creative Exercises, Art Techniques, and Explorations in Positive and Negative Design
  • The Crafter's Guide to Taking Great Photos: The Best Techniques for Showcasing Your Handmade Creations
  • Drawing and Sketching: Expert Answers to the Questions Every Artist Asks
  • Drawing Lab for Mixed-Media Artists: 52 Creative Exercises to Make Drawing Fun
  • The Rebels of Gold (Loom Saga #3)
  • Lady in the Lake
  • Dawn: The Worlds of Final Fantasy
  • Pen and Ink Drawing: A Simple Guide
  • Print Workshop: Hand-Printing Techniques and Truly Original Projects
  • Freehand: Sketching Tips and Tricks Drawn from Art
  • Line Color Form: The Language of Art and Design
  • Creative Photography Lab for Mixed-Media Artists: 52 Exercises to Make Photography Fun
  • The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 3: Hotel Oblivion