Start by marking “Star Wars: Princess Leia” as Want to Read:
Star Wars: Princess Leia

Star Wars: Princess Leia

(Star Wars: Limited Series)

When Princess Leia Organa was captured by the Empire, she never betrayed her convictions - even after the complete destruction of her home world, Alderaan. When her rescue came, Leia grabbed a blaster and joined the fight, escaping back to the Rebel Alliance and helping strike the biggest blow against the Empire - the destruction of the Death Star! But in the aftermath of ...more
Published November 3rd 2015 by Marvel (first published September 15th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Star Wars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Wars

Kemper
Dec 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Since this is the third Star Wars comic collection I’ve reviewed this month you might be wondering why I’ve been binge reading these. Most of you probably missed this because there was hardly any marketing done for it, but there was a little indy movie called The Force Awakens that got made by some tiny studio. I think it’s only playing at art house theaters, but I managed to catch a showing. It got me craving more stories about the Star Wars universe and for some reason Marvel released a new l ...more
Sam Quixote
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
Princess Leia is the third release from Marvel’s new 2015 Star Wars line - and it’s also the worst so far!

Like the other two books, this series is set between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back. Leia’s home planet Alderaan has been blowed up by the Death Star so she decides to fly off with Artoo and a female Alderaanian pilot called Evaan, and collect as many surviving Alderaanians from the rest of the galaxy to… uh... and then the books ends after five issues!

I think Mark Waid’s forgotten
Sesana
Jul 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, star-wars
This is the least of the first three Marvel Star Wars comics, which doesn't mean that it's bad. It starts with a plausible, reasonable plot to assign to a solo Leia book: Leia wants to gather together the remnants of Alderaan. Ok, that makes a certain kind of sense. And Waid seemed to have a decent handle on the character of Leia as of a A New Hope. But the problem is that it never quite goes beyond a decent plot and decent characterization. For one, the plot is way too big to be assigned to a s ...more
Dimitris
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
What is the best thing to do when you hear that there is a Star Wars spy story with Princess Leia, has well written dialogues, sharp humor and political intrigue and it is written by Mark Waid? Well… to read it of course, duh!
Paul E. Morph
Oct 26, 2015 rated it liked it
I quite liked this one. I thought it started well, but lost its way a bit in the middle. Fortunately, Mark Waid seemed to steer it back on course for a strong finish.

I usually like Terry Dodson's artwork, and this was no exception, but he really seemed to struggle with capturing a likeness for Leia, which let it down a little bit.

Overall, I liked it but it could have been better.

(view spoiler)
Kim
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic-heaven
What girl doesn't want to be Princess Leia?!! I adored this comic. And if someone could send me all of The princess clothes that would be terrific. Look forward to the next comic. Princess Leia is so badass.
Chad
Mar 11, 2016 rated it liked it
I expected more from this book given to the creative team. Waid's writing felt bland and felt like just a stock story. Terry Dodson is a fantastic artist but he's changed his art to give it more on an animation feel. It's not as detailed as his previous work and I didn't really care for it. It just felt sloppy when I can normally get lost in his pages.
Bhanuj
Feb 13, 2017 rated it liked it
We are alderaan.
We answer rage with wisdom.
We answer fear with imagination.
We answer war with hope.

Alderaan is gone and what is a princess without a kingdom?
The story is a quest of Princess Leia, to keep Alderaan alive through its survivors. The story started off well and ended well but somewhere in the middle, it stretched out a bit. The artwork is great and the series is action packed but not something that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
Scott Rhee
I think I stopped buying and reading comic books at approximately the same time that I discovered that girls were willing to have sex with me.

Don’t get me wrong: I’m not saying comic books were a symbol of my immaturity, that my coming of age required a putting away of childish things, and some of those “childish things” included comic books. That’s not it at all.

In actuality, I just didn’t have time to read them anymore, and I certainly didn’t have the money to buy them. All of my time and mon
Lance Shadow
Jul 15, 2016 rated it did not like it
This one's pretty bad. And I should have seen it coming. The reviews on this site were mixed. In a video where he talked about the new Star Wars Canon, Kristian Harloff said that this was the worst of the comics. And after reading the first issue of Mark Waid's Princess Leia comic that was included in the trade paperback for Shattered Empire, I was expecting even less. And yet... did it really have to be THIS bad?

THE STORY: Immediately after duping Chewbacca out of that medal during the awards c
Maria Soares
Nov 30, 2018 rated it liked it
I don't think this comic did much for me in terms of Princess Leia's story. It felt a bit like filler. The art is absolutely gorgeous though, which doesn't always happen with Star Wars comics.
Joe
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
This is as good as you can do with a Princess Leia book Mark Weid? Here's what I wanted:

- Character growth
- Girl Power
- Fun adventure

Here's what I got:

- Slight variations on her two hairstyles from A New Hope.
- A quest that even she seems confused by.
- An ending that basically hits the reset button on the whole thing.

There's a reason that they only gave this book 5 issues. I will say this: The artwork was beautiful. So, yeah, maybe just look at the pretty pictures and don't read the words, I gue
Kaion
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic, adventure
Mark Waid fundamentally doesn't understand Leia as the Slytherin princess-general of my heart. But hey, points for giving Leia a woman friend? And the art?

Let's not talk about the plot.
Wendy
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
Leia finds herself without a home or a role in the rebellion and the few of her people that remain don't think too highly of her ice queen persona. Why doesn't she grieve, they wonder? As if everyone must grieve in the same way. Leia imposes herself on an Alderaanian pilot named Evaan with whom she wants to be friends, though the woman keeps herself at a carefully caustic subservient distance. They take off to scour the galaxy for pockets of survivors to gather them together before the Emperor w ...more
sassafrass
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have no idea why this one is rated so low compared to the other comics that marvel has released? Actually there is a small hint, and its probably due to the fact its Princess Leia headlining instead of Han or Luke (who both barely make an appearance in this comic).

I really enjoyed this narrative, it dealt with the emotional fallout of losing an entire planet, and demonstrated why Leia was one of the rebellions top commanders and all around badasses that the empire feared and wanted captured.

Y
Cat  (cat-thecatlady)
Apr 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
this was so good! I loved the friendship between Leia and Evaan. and the Alderlaan plot. kickass ladies in space make my world go around

full review here: https://catshelf.wordpress.com/2017/0...
Katie
Apr 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
"We answer rage with wisdom.
We answer fear with imagination.
We answer war with hope."
Jessamyn Leigh
I need more Leia comics in my life.
Jordan Finch
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The braids, the skill, the sass! Leia proves that she's not just a pretty princess, she's a fierce and determined fighter who will do anything for her people.

I love the relationship between Leia and Evaan and how it shifts from Evaan begrudgingly teaming up with Leia out of respect as a royalist to Leia winning Evaan's friendship and respect through her actions. Leia's mission to gather and save the remaining Alderaanians is admirable, and I love that she fights even against her allies to achiev
Darren
Dec 15, 2015 rated it liked it
This was a bit of a slog to get through. I'm being generous at three stars... gave it a half-star bump because it's in the Star Wars universe and is canon.

I get the idea that giving Leia a separate arc that spans multiple comics makes sense in light of the others who are getting some spotlight, like Vader, Star Wars: Lando, Star Wars: Chewbacca, and of course, while I wouldn't consider it 'dedicated' to Luke - Skywalker Strikes, but this was lacking, in my view, in strong plot and characterizati
Melanie
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
could have been gay, was not gay
Nancy
Feb 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This review can also be found on my blog: https://graphicnovelty2.com/2019/02/0...

Set between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, this story is about Leia dealing with the pain of losing her family and the entire planet of Alderaan. Immediately after the medal ceremony Leia approaches General Dodonna to see how she can help and discovers that surviving Alderaan citizens that were off world when the planet was destroyed are being hunted down by Imperial forces. Leia quickly finds pilot Evaan
Ritinha
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Incursão jeitosa pelos intervalos narrativos da trilogia original, fiel ao girl power muito próprio da Princesa Leia (ampla e justamente confundível com sorte altamente improvável). A arte, quando não decai para detalhes infelizes, é muito bela.
Max
Mar 11, 2017 added it
Fun, tight story bringing the question of the Alderannian diaspora (and Leia's own royalty) into focus in the new Star Wars continuity. I'll probably pick up vol 2 at some point.
Kendra
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
10 out of 10 would cry again
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
*Book source ~ Library

After the destruction of Alderaan and the subsequent destruction of the Death Star, do you wonder what happens right after the medal ceremony at the end of A New Hope. Well, wonder no longer. Princess Leia’s story continues here as she tries to round up the last surviving citizens of Alderaan scattered across the galaxy before the Empire can get to them.

I have to say, I’m not very impressed with this one. I really enjoyed the book Leia: Princess of Alderaan, but this graphi
Neil R. Coulter
Nov 14, 2015 rated it did not like it
This is one of the most lightweight Star Wars stories I've yet read. Writer Mark Waid begins with an intriguing premise: If there are people from Alderaan living on other worlds at the time of the planet's destruction, then doesn't that make Princess Leia their queen? Unfortunately, that initial hook becomes a rather silly, vapid story that ignores the deeper issues.

The story picks up at the awards ceremony on Yavin after the Death Star's destruction. Leia decides she needs to accept her respon
Ash
Jan 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
"We are Alderaan. We answer rage with wisdom. We answer fear with imagination. We answer war with hope. We are, each of us, important. Alderaan survives."
- Princess Leia

I'm in complete and total awe of this graphic novel. It's not a good thing. I enjoyed Mark Waid and I know he can write good or great graphic novels. However, I cannot forgive him for making a saga with PRINCESS LEIA boring. That's exactly what he did!

Star Wars: Princess Leia is only five issues long making this volume very scant
abbicus rex
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is everything I have EVER WANTED, basically. There is a lot going on in the movies, I know, but it always irked me that Leia was never given time to address the loss of her family, her home planet, and her people. In Mark Waid's comic, she finally has that chance. Not only does this (tragically short) comic add to Leia's emotional character development, it adds depth to the overall Star Wars universe and gives a strong message of hope, duty, camaraderie and compassion.

Leia is torn between w
The Mary Sue Book...: January In Memorium read: Princess Leia 7 30 Jan 15, 2017 05:37PM
  • Star Wars, Vol. 2: Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon
  • Star Wars: Shattered Empire
  • Star Wars: Chewbacca
  • Star Wars: Lando
  • Star Wars: Kanan, Vol. 1: The Last Padawan
  • Star Wars: Doctor Aphra, Vol. 1: Aphra
  • Star Wars: Han Solo
  • Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir (Star Wars)
  • Star Wars, Volume 2: From the Ruins of Alderaan
Mark Waid (born March 21, 1962 in Hueytown, Alabama) is an American comic book writer. He is best known for his eight-year run as writer of the DC Comics' title The Flash, as well as his scripting of the limited series Kingdom Come and Superman: Birthright, and his work on Marvel Comics' Captain America.

Star Wars: Limited Series (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Star Wars: Shattered Empire
  • Star Wars: Darth Maul
  • Star Wars: Captain Phasma
  • Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
  • Star Wars: Jedi of the Republic - Mace Windu
“You need your own strength in this life. Your own purpose. You can't simply live for others.” 2 likes
“(无显示点网页快照)微信/QQ981497266,快速办澳洲文凭,澳洲毕业证,澳洲学历认证,英国毕业证,英国文凭,英国学历认证,美国毕业证,美国文凭,美国学历认证,加拿大文凭,加拿大毕业证,加拿大学历认证(诚招代理)
◆办理真实使馆公证(即留学回国人员证明,不成功不收费!!!)
4、回国时间很长,忘记办理;
5、回国马上就要找工作,办给用人单位看;
6、企事业单位必须要求办理的;
7、中途辍学,导致无法正常毕业。
美国文凭/美国毕业证/美国文凭办理/美国毕业证办理/加拿大毕业证/加拿大文凭/加拿大毕业证办理/加拿大文凭办理/英国毕业证/澳洲文凭/澳洲毕业证/澳洲毕业证公证/澳洲文凭办理/澳洲毕业证办理/办澳洲毕业证/办澳洲毕业证签证/办澳洲毕业证回国工作/办澳洲硕士毕业证/澳洲本科毕业证办理/澳洲未毕业提前找人办毕业证/澳洲文凭认证
加拿大假毕业证/加拿大假文凭/澳洲假毕业证/美国假毕业证/美国假文凭/澳洲假文凭/英国假毕业证 加拿大买文凭 买加拿大文凭 美国买美国文凭 买美国文凭 买澳洲文凭 澳洲买文凭 澳洲买澳洲毕业证 加拿大买毕业证 买加拿大毕业证 买英国文凭 英国买文凭 澳洲办毕业证 美国办毕业证 办美国毕业证 办加拿大毕业证 加拿大办毕业证 办英国毕业证 英国办毕业证
一:回国证明的用途:
使馆教育处开具的《留学回国人员证明》是留学人员在国内证明留学身份、联系工作、创办企业、落转户口、申请国内各类基金等必备的材料。
留学人员持有此证明还可以享受购买进口汽车免税等多项优惠政策。
二:教育部认证的用途:
如果您计划在国内发展,那么办理国内教育部认证是必不可少的。一般企事业用人单位在您应聘时都会需要您提供这个认证。
办理教育部认证所需资料众多且烦琐,所有材料您都必须提供原件,我们凭借丰富的经验,帮您快速整合材料,让您少走弯路。
通知:本公司城招各地代理商,一切事宜价格最低,保证信誉效率质量,客户个人信息保密。
联系人:Jeff Q/微信:981497266,以上联系方式敬请保留,以备急用,诚心合作,真诚制作!欢迎新老客户咨询办理!
国外文凭认证 国外文凭制作 代办国外文凭 国外假文凭 国外假文凭找工作 代办国外文凭国外学历学位认证 海外文凭 海外文凭认证 外国文凭认证 留学文凭认证 留学生文凭认证
教育部学历认证中心 留学生学历认证 国外学历认证 教育部认证 教育部认证大学 教育部认证学校 教育部学位认证 教育部留学认证 教育部文凭认证 教育部成绩认证 教育部认证美国大学
(办加拿大大学毕业证书)TWU学位证成绩单办理(Q/微981497266)代办西三一大学TWU毕业证认证/加拿大文凭代办Trinity Western University”
0 likes