Start by marking “Nanny and Me” as Want to Read:
Nanny and Me

Nanny and Me

Florence Ann Romano believes that having a nanny is more commonplace than ever, and – to that end – socially acceptable. There are a multitude of books that educate parents on “how to” hire the right nanny; what to look for; what not to do; etc. But, she wanted to write something for the most important person in this equation: the child.

Being cared for by your parents to
Published April 2015 by Mascot Books (first published September 2nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Nanny and Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nanny and Me

Start your review of Nanny and Me
Jay
Mar 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
This copy kindly provided by NetGalley on behalf of the publisher.

A lovely story about being cared for by a nanny when both your mum & dad have to go to work. My son was a little confused by “nanny” being a young lady like the mum in the story, as he’s used to nanny being used to refer to a grandmother. But he does do similar things with his Nan when the need arises, so he could still relate well to the story.
Storywraps
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This fine book with its wonderful illustrations is unique because it is written through the eyes of a child. In some families mom stays home to look after the children and dad goes out into the work force. In others, mom goes out to work and dad stays home to be the resident parent. But in many, many families, both mom and dad are employed outside of their home and they opt to leave their children in the capable hands of a trained and responsible nanny.

Nanny then picks up where mom and dad leav
Jayna
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a story about a child and her relationship with her nanny.
The illustrations are wonderful.
The story is very sweet. I can see it being a perfect gift for a child with a nanny.
The only criticism I have is the opening few pages. It states that "Some Mommies stay home and play while daddies go to work..... Other daddies stay home and play while mommies go to work..." I really do not like those statements for several reasons. Stay at home parents do work hard. It isn't about stay
Lady
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This gorgeously illustrated children's book explains that children are loved by their caretakers and their parents even though their parents must work and can't spend as much time as they might want with their children. It also points out that no matter how your family is shaped it is good because it is yours. I think that this is an awesome story that is easily related to by children as it is told from a child's point of view and told very well. I would love to read more books by this author as ...more
Zelie
Menjadi seorang pengasuh anak bukanlah hal yang mudah, bahkan beberapa orang menganggapnya tidak menyenangkan.

Saat membaca buku ini, saya teringat saat saya mengajar di TK. Ya ampun, ternyata saya mirip dengan nanny, ya. Di situ kadang saya merasa sedih.

Eh, gak juga, sih.

Saya merasa bahwa anak-anak di dalam cerita ini sangat beruntung karena memiliki nanny yang sangat baik. Sepertinya sulit menemukan yang seperti ini di Indonesia. Kalau pun ada, namanya bukan
Michelle Heegaard
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I recieved this from Netgalley in return of an honest review;
A very sweet little book about nannies and children's relationship with a nanny.
I believe this book is more fit for the American readers, who have an all-day nanny. In Denmark we do not have the same system, so I really couldn't relate much to the stories.
I am sure this book will help a young child, who does not yet understand why they need to be left alone with a stranger. It will maybe help them realize that their nanny is n
Amy Ingles
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kid-s-books, for-nick
Such a lovely book! A wonderful book for any family library. What an original idea, to prepare a child for their mom and dad to go back to work. This is very relevant for so many families! No matter what you call your care-giver, this is a must-read for your child!
Dana
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
This beautifully illustrated book shows children with their nanny having fun and being cared for by her. It shows the love of the nanny for the children that she cares for. It is a very sweet story. I received this book free to review from Netgalley.
Disa Dibuono
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Such a great story for children who have working parents! The story and illustrations make this a gem on the bookshelf! Makes a great gift as well!
Chinook
Apr 24, 2015 rated it liked it
The illustrations are beautiful and it fills a need in terms of explaining to children what having a nanny will be like.
Sue Paolicchi
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book! I have two granddaughters and they loved it! Experiences in the book so meaningful to them. Wonderful illustrations!
Lisa
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
cute book. it follows a little girl through her day with the nanny. it looked like lots of fun! I want a nanny like that! :)
Georgia
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely children's book! Perfect for the child adjusting to time with a babysitter. And the illustrations are beautiful to boot!
Cathy
May 22, 2015
Priscilla McFerren
Dec 18, 2018
Andréa
Note: I received a digital ARC of this book through NetGalley.
Terri
Lindsey Lewis
Jun 29, 2015
Bob Goodman
« previous 1 3 next »
A dedicated philanthropist and former nanny, Florence Ann Romano has always kept a special place in her heart for children.

Born and raised just outside Chicago, Romano earned a degree in performance theatre at Bradley University in Peoria, Ill. She is the director of business development for RCGF LLC, a new family-owned company that runs the MajorOnions.com.

Romano started caring for kids befo